JDS is hurt, Mark Hunt vs Overeem.

jacky67

do you read the things you write? she said she wanted a break...yes...but she was never offered a FIGHT. how do you turn down a FIGHT if it isnt OFFERED? it cant be done...for a fight to be turned down, it must first be offered. do you think miesha tate really wanted to turn down the opportunity to be part of the ufc's first womens fight, as a headliner? c'mon son...use your head a bit. this is common sense right now. i know its you i'm talking to...but even you can understand that a fight cant be turned down if it isnt offered.

as far as the rest of your post...you were clearly trying to make hunt look like the one who turned it down, when in reality you had no evidence of it. you were defending your crush dana, which is fine...but dont bring down a fighter to do it. dont make dumb examples to prove a point that you cant even begin to prove. hunt publicly said he would take the fight and has taken other fights on shorter notice. so i'm just using facts to come to a conclusion. i'm not 100% sure my conclusion is correct, but at least i'm actually using facts to come to it. youre jsut spouting random BS, like hunt wanted more money or time, without actually knowing anything.

If Dana or Joe Silva contacted her people about that fight and was told she wanted a break. They coud very reasonable claim she turned it down. We dont know th exact details of how it happened. But we do know Tate is the one who put it out there she didnt want to fight. There is no way to know how it went down to claim Dana is lying like you did. We do know Dana has called many people out for turning down fights. I cant remember him actually caught up in a lie about it. These two cases are the closest and there is clearly more to it than an open and shut case of Dana just lying. We dont know what is holding up the Hunt fight but we do know its something by both of their comments. Tate was aunusual case too because fighters dont "take a break" from fighting like she did. Dana does crazy stuff at times but im not going to cry like you drama queens when Hunt is feeding us a bunch of shit to save face. Dana isnt stupid enough to make up a lie like that he can easily be called on. So have fun being both of their pawns. I see through both of them.

• Downvote 1

When someone says you turned the fight down and they are lying. You dont make the post he made. Why didnt he say "I was never offered the fight"? Just as short and sweet. But it wouldnt be true. Why didnt he tell us why the fight wasnt happening? Because he wanted to put the pressure on Dana to meet his demands. The best way to do that is not go into detail and let people believe Dana is lying.

Im not blaming Hunt. IMO, Dana did the same thing to him. Dana could have explained thing and not have put a clever spin on what happen. He wanted to pressure Hunt in accepting his terms imo. Hunt turned it back around on him. So now they are in "conversation" again. Big Surprise! The best thing Hunt could have said was he wasnt offered the fight. It would have caught Dana in a bold face lie. But he couldnt honestly say that and not risk coming off as a big liar. So neither guy lied. But neither guy was telling the whole story.

• Downvote 2

If Dana or Joe Silva contacted her people about that fight and was told she wanted a break. They coud very reasonable claim she turned it down. We dont know th exact details of how it happened. But we do know Tate is the one who put it out there she didnt want to fight. There is no way to know how it went down to claim Dana is lying like you did. We do know Dana has called many people out for turning down fights. I cant remember him actually caught up in a lie about it. These two cases are the closest and there is clearly more to it than an open and shut case of Dana just lying. We dont know what is holding up the Hunt fight but we do know its something by both of their comments. Tate was aunusual case too because fighters dont "take a break" from fighting like she did. Dana does crazy stuff at times but im not going to cry like you drama queens when Hunt is feeding us a bunch of shit to save face. Dana isnt stupid enough to make up a lie like that he can easily be called on. So have fun being both of their pawns. I see through both of them.

you see through both of them? you sure you can see through dana's semen in your eyes? fighters dont take breaks? wtf are you talking about? plus...tate said she was never even informed about a fight in the ufc...AT ALL. she said sean shelby asked her about a certain date, didnt name an opponent or where the fight would happen. she said if she was offered ANY fight in the ufc she wouldve taken it, especially against rousey. she was never formally offered any opponent, and was never told that women would be heading to the ufc. she said sean shelby asked her in passing about a potential date while she was in rio for an event. she was never given an opponent, was never told it would b in the ufc, was never given a venue, or an official date even. so again...how could she turn it down if she was given NO DETAILS? do you really think she would turn down ANY fight in the ufc if she knew women were headed there? of course not. use a little common sense. just accept that youre wrong. if you arent offered a fight...you cant turn it down. it's simple. say it to yourself a few times.

i also never said dana was lying. i said dana was doing his usual promoter spin on this subject. i said i dont believe hunt turned it down and that dana had his reasons for saying what he said. i dont believe hunt turned it down because none of the FACTS point to him turning it down. i'm not just guessing that hunt probably asked for more money. i'm looking at hunt saying he would take the fight if it was offered. i'm also looking at hunts past, where i can see he has taken fights on short notice. so again....i'm using FACTS...you are making things up. there's a difference.

• Upvote 2

I personally dont think Dana wants Hunt to take the fight. But the fans were demanding it. I think he would rather way for the Reem vs Santos match on a later date. I think they both could being playing us. Looking like they tried to set it up then Hunt will get a different fight later and a bigger contract and Everyone gets what they want. Santos smashing Hunt would throw the timing off for him to ever fight Reem.

• Downvote 2

I agree Dana doesn't want the fight. He doesn't even want Hunt in the UFC. Most likely Dana lied about Hunt to get the fans off his back about setting the fight up. Hunt has never before been accused of declining a fight, his last fight he took new hire pay so isn't exactly extorting anyone, he publicly accepted previously, and he says he didn't decline any fight. I am inclined to believe him.

You are worse than a woman trying to find hidden meaning in the words of a man famous for not using hidden meanings and as is quite blunt in the few words he does use.

• Upvote 1

you see through both of them? you sure you can see through dana's semen in your eyes? fighters dont take breaks? wtf are you talking about? plus...tate said she was never even informed about a fight in the ufc...AT ALL. she said sean shelby asked her about a certain date, didnt name an opponent or where the fight would happen. she said if she was offered ANY fight in the ufc she wouldve taken it, especially against rousey. she was never formally offered any opponent, and was never told that women would be heading to the ufc. she said sean shelby asked her in passing about a potential date while she was in rio for an event. she was never given an opponent, was never told it would b in the ufc, was never given a venue, or an official date even. so again...how could she turn it down if she was given NO DETAILS? do you really think she would turn down ANY fight in the ufc if she knew women were headed there? of course not. use a little common sense. just accept that youre wrong. if you arent offered a fight...you cant turn it down. it's simple. say it to yourself a few times.

i also never said dana was lying. i said dana was doing his usual promoter spin on this subject. i said i dont believe hunt turned it down and that dana had his reasons for saying what he said. i dont believe hunt turned it down because none of the FACTS point to him turning it down. i'm not just guessing that hunt probably asked for more money. i'm looking at hunt saying he would take the fight if it was offered. i'm also looking at hunts past, where i can see he has taken fights on short notice. so again....i'm using FACTS...you are making things up. there's a difference.

When she took her break she acted like she was thinking about retirement. No one takes breaks in the manner she did. When she said it i thought she was done. Claimed her passion to fight wasnt there or her will to win.

She doesnt have to be for the UFC to be told by SF or her management she doesnt want to fight.

She said that after the fact. Not to SF or UFC officials.

You were the one who was wrong. You claimed Dana lied when it could have easily been a misunderstanding with all the crazy comments and conflicting information Tate was throwing out there. Just like how you want to claim he lied when clearly Hunt was offered the fight and is hiding something. It might have been twisted a little by Dana. But i would bet a shit load of money there was an offer for Hunt and it wasnt taken. Hence he turned down an offer that caused the fight not to happen.

• Downvote 1

I agree Dana doesn't want the fight. He doesn't even want Hunt in the UFC. Most likely Dana lied about Hunt to get the fans off his back about setting the fight up. Hunt has never before been accused of declining a fight, his last fight he took new hire pay so isn't exactly extorting anyone, he publicly accepted previously, and he says he didn't decline any fight. I am inclined to believe him.

You are worse than a woman trying to find hidden meaning in the words of a man famous for not using hidden meanings and as is quite blunt in the few words he does use.

So you are saying he was never offered the fight? He wasnt blunt at all in telling what happened. Only in trying to dispute Dana. If Dana didnt want Hunt in the UFC he wouldnt be there. He also wouldnt be getting good match ups on the main card. You have been watching long enough to know better than that. I have seen Ricco and Pedro Rizzo leave the UFC fighting on the undercard. The same was done with Andre Arlovski and Randleman. Also the UFC used Hunt because they still owed him a fight. Not 5 fights. At some point they resigned him willingly to more fights. You are acting like a nut job who finds conspiracy in everything. Just as they did with Jon Fitch. If they dont want you. They just cut you.

When she took her break she acted like she was thinking about retirement. No one takes breaks in the manner she did. When she said it i thought she was done. Claimed her passion to fight wasnt there or her will to win.

She doesnt have to be for the UFC to be told by SF or her management she doesnt want to fight.

She said that after the fact. Not to SF or UFC officials.

You were the one who was wrong. You claimed Dana lied when it could have easily been a misunderstanding with all the crazy comments and conflicting information Tate was throwing out there. Just like how you want to claim he lied when clearly Hunt was offered the fight and is hiding something. It might have been twisted a little by Dana. But i would bet a shit load of money there was an offer for Hunt and it wasnt taken. Hence he turned down an offer that caused the fight not to happen.

You cannot decline a fight you were never offered. Tate was never offered the fight, so she could not have declined. Anyone can say they are taking a break, but that does not equate into declining a specific fight when that specific fight was never offered. As for Hunt you say, "clearly Hunt was offered the fight and is hiding something." based on nothing more that Dana making a claim and Hunt refuting it. That is not clearly. Especially when Dana has been known to A) hate Hunt, and B ) lie on more topics that can ever be covered in 1 thread. Hunt on the other hand has taken tough fights on no notice for as little as $6000, so when he says he didn't decline any fight he has a lot more credibility than Dana does.

• Upvote 1

So you are saying he was never offered the fight? He wasnt blunt at all in telling what happened. Only in trying to dispute Dana. If Dana didnt want Hunt in the UFC he wouldnt be there. He also wouldnt be getting good match ups on the main card. You have been watching long enough to know better than that. I have seen Ricco and Pedro Rizzo leave the UFC fighting on the undercard. The same was done with Andre Arlovski and Randleman. Also the UFC used Hunt because they still owed him a fight. Not 5 fights. At some point they resigned him willingly to more fights. You are acting like a nut job who finds conspiracy in everything. Just as they did with Jon Fitch. If they dont want you. They just cut you.

Dana was contractually obligated to give hunt 5 fights due to the PRIDE buyout. He had no choice in the matter. He tried to by Hunt out of the fights like he did with others, but Hunt refused. That is why he is still in the UFC when guys like Randlemann are not. Now that the fights are done he wants Hunt gone, but the fans aren't having it. That is why it is easy to think he lied just to shut up the fans. It was 5 and not 1. That is why he is still on a $6000 contract. Hunt was very blunt. He said he does not decline fights. Before that on national TV he said he wants that fight. There really isn't room for interpretation unless you are looking for reasons to support your man crush on Dana.

It isn't conspiracy. Dana doesn't want the fight. The fans do. Dana tried to lie to the fans so he could get his way and save face. It happens all the time. Hunt refuted the lie, and now Dana is having to cave to the fans. No conspiracy at all. Just 1 guy wanting to get his way and failing.

• Upvote 1

If Dana said he had intentions of offering that fight then yes. That has nothing to do with anything. But if i was any of the female fighters. I would never agreed to face Rousey that first fight. Think about it. Liz was in a no win situation. If she wins the fight. She effectively kills woman's MMA in the UFC. Shooting herself in the foot. If Rousey loses. The UFC drops that division in 12-18 months. The only chance for an exception would be Carano, Cyborg, and maybe Tate. If they could market Tate it might survive. More than likely no matter who beat her. It would have been like Kimbo losing to the mainstream fans who tuned in. There was a ton of them.

BTw i will take Dana's word any who turned down fights than i will a fighter trying to save face. I have heard him name names to many times that were true to doubt him over two complicated cases. Maybe i should act like you tools. Franklin turned down a fight with Gustaffson. Maybe i should cover my ears and cry while screaming "its just not true!". The fighters always have an excuse. Be it injury, money, or in Franklins case he to far along in his career to take a fight that doesnt do anything for him. Gustaffson was a no name then.

Dana was contractually obligated to give hunt 5 fights due to the PRIDE buyout. He had no choice in the matter. He tried to by Hunt out of the fights like he did with others, but Hunt refused. That is why he is still in the UFC when guys like Randlemann are not. Now that the fights are done he wants Hunt gone, but the fans aren't having it. That is why it is easy to think he lied just to shut up the fans. It was 5 and not 1. That is why he is still on a $6000 contract. Hunt was very blunt. He said he does not decline fights. Before that on national TV he said he wants that fight. There really isn't room for interpretation unless you are looking for reasons to support your man crush on Dana.

It isn't conspiracy. Dana doesn't want the fight. The fans do. Dana tried to lie to the fans so he could get his way and save face. It happens all the time. Hunt refuted the lie, and now Dana is having to cave to the fans. No conspiracy at all. Just 1 guy wanting to get his way and failing.

Show me a source for his $6,000 contract and for 5 fights. I think you are talking out your ass. How do i know you are talking out your ass? Because i have proof. When the UFC brought Hunt over from Pride. They did have to honor his contract because they owed him fights. But they also signed him to a new UFC contract just like they did all the Strikeforce fighters. You cant have them with old SF contracts. They need UFC contracts just like Hunt. How many fights they owed him we are not sure. But the contract was for 4 fights. Look it up. Many sites reported his signing when it happened. That contract was over after he fought Rothwell. Here is Hunts comments before the fight on the possibility of the UFC not resigning him....

“It really depends. I don’t know; I might not have a choice. Even if I win, the UFC might not give me another contract. They never wanted my contract in the first place [laughs] … I’m thinking about retiring—because the UFC might not give me another contract.”

So that means the UFC has signed him to 2 contracts already. Even if you claim they were forced to sign him to the first 4 fights. They volenteerily signed him to the second contract. Which he is 2 fights into. Which is why i say he DID turn down a UFC offer. Likely he signed a 3 fight deal and didnt want to fight a top guy like Santos on his last fight. Maybe the UFC give him a low ball offer. Who knows. But he was made an offer and didnt like it. Thats what is holding up the fight. Not that i blame him. I dont think he is scared. He should get a good deal or more fights. Nothing wrong with that. But Dana didnt lie about him turning the fight down. But he worded it to make Hunt look bad. But Hunt didnt help matter when he refused to clear the air. Because he knows he might not come off in a good light to some Santos fans or noobs. If he claims he wants more money or more fights before he accepts it. He didnt want to look bad so he didnt come clean.

So like i said in my first post. This is a situation where Hunt was sent a fight offer and has to choose to sign or not sign. There is contract talks here holding this up. Neither side wants to admit this while trying to force the others hand through the public. This isnt going to be an easy contract that is agreed apon quickly. This might be Hunts last contract being at the end of his career. Im sure being on a 4 fight win stream he is going to milk it for all its worth. The UFC isnt going to want to pay him a huge contract. So not surprised this didnt get worked out the same day Overeem pulled out. It would be stupid for Hunt to rush into a contract in the position he is in at this point in his career. He has a chance to get a good deal. Its just funny to see you all act like Hunt is being honest with you and calling Dana a liar. They both did the same thing. Thats use you to get the upper hand in contract talks.

Also there is no record of Hunts contracted pay. All his fights in the UFC have been in countries or states who do not have a commission or do not report the salaries. So none of his pay has been reported. If he had fought in Vegas we could see what his fight pay was. But he didnt. Also dont believe he ever fought for 6,000. He sure as hell didnt sign his second contract for 6,000 while on a 2-1 or 3-1 record.

* There is a discrepency in the contracts. One article talks about Hunt being signed to 4 fights when he come to the UFC. The next article talking about being resigned said his contract was up after he fought Rothwell. So more than likely the first article had his first contract wrong. It was likely 3 fights long as was his second contract which is a typical Zuffa contract. Making his next fight his last fight on his contract.

Also you are over playing Dana not wanting Hunt. Dana doesnt have a problem at all with Hunt. He didnt want Hunt because he had lost 6 fights in a row and hadnt won a fight in 5 years. The UFC couldnt do anything with him. Im sure they dont want to sign any fighter on a 6 fight losing streak and a 5-7 career record. So lets no act like Dana had a grudge with Hunt and hated his guts. But once he won some fights it no longer made the UFC look bad to have him. To claim Dana has some personal Vendetta against him and only keeps him because the fans make him is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. Like Dana said. He hates no one more than Tito. Yet time after time he signed him to a new contract. If he can do that he isnt going to spite Hunt, who he has nothing personal against. Just didnt want to sign a guy with a losing record.

do you read the things you write?

To be fair, does anyone else?

I personally dont think Dana wants Hunt to take the fight. But the fans were demanding it. I think he would rather way for the Reem vs Santos match on a later date. I think they both could being playing us. Looking like they tried to set it up then Hunt will get a different fight later and a bigger contract and Everyone gets what they want. Santos smashing Hunt would throw the timing off for him to ever fight Reem.

"The fans" weren't demanding it. A very vocal minority on the internet was. Santos/Reem would probably do way bigger numbers because that's what the fans want.

• Upvote 1

hay guyz hunt turned down the jds fight but it's happening at ufc 160 somehow.

Fman - 5,798,231

Braincunt - 0

also you moron... You can lookup the salaries for his last fight and see he was only paid 6k/6k... plus bonuses.

The funny thing is how he worships Tank for being a "real fighter" but doesn't recognize that Hunt is the personification of what that term means. In his last fight Hunt made $6k base and $6k win. I didn't check of the night bonuses, but it is reasonable to assume he got $60k for that KO. That is not a renegotiated number.

TheFMan, on 08 March 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

do you read the things you write?

To be fair, does anyone else?

I read everything he writes. I love the challenge of trying to figure out WTF he is talking about. I like it when people have blind faith in a person they have never met and believe every word that person says, even when their is a long history of dishonesty.

I also like it when he accuses people of masturbating to fatheads of MMA fighters.