The GOAT list

Yeah Adolf--forgot about Rivfader, he's gotta get a mention...guy was a beast...still somehow remember the name of his Cobra Kai gym...or was it Cobra Purple something-or-other...maybe I don't remember. Clever Hans was really good, and Pico to. JMFC guys were awesome, too bad they seem to have lost interest or just disbanded...gotta thank them for greasemonkey scripts.

Globo Gym - Team Purple Cobras. I still keep that bad boy running to this day.

Yeah, forgot Alex...really only problem with the list is it got a little Convicted-centric. I mean no offense to Manne, you're right he can be dead on, or he can go on terrible runs...but the fact is he's never been ranked higher than ten...although Aloha Hoi is like my favorite fighter ever!

Honestly I agree. I'd rate guys like rivfader over me easily. Alex, though? Don't agree at all.

Also feel like I should point out that I was ranked 7th at one point!

Rivfader & Adolf were the schiznitz back in the day. They'd certainly rank on an all time list.

Clever Hans was really good.

JMFC represent!

Also, this:

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that "Clever" Hans is a hundred times better than me.

Rivfader & Adolf were the schiznitz back in the day. They'd certainly rank on an all time list.

Hans! Has the beer dulled the memory?! rivfader and Adolf were the same person :P

Well, you are a hundred times better than me, thanks for clearing that up.

I can't believe I don't qualify for assisted living,

Relax, cous. You're not bad. Not great, but you're not bad.

I thought he was a J-bomb fighter i'll change it later as i said i came into the game in late 2011 and really just went by what people told me about the best managers in the past.

HW is pretty much the biggest toss up out of them all. So many good fighters over the years there. It was just my opinion on it.

Gable i never made you out to be a punk. It was the convo me and you had when i asked back when Disposition was the #1 MW and Fett was #2 back in April last year. Disposition went out with a win against the GOAT. As much as neither manager was very active near the time of the fight, it was still the fight that swayed it for me. Its an opinion thing. Its not the official they are the best rankings. Everyone will have a difference in opinion. I made it more to stir up a debate on who is the best fighters instead of the same old lame shit you see on the forums now a days. Not a personal attack on anyone.

I think the top 1-5 is pretty much correct for the managers. The rest can go up and down quite easy as i said. Plenty of great managers but when you have to put it down to 1-10. I think most would have a hard time mentioning everyone that should be there.

Relax, cous. You're not bad. Not great, but you're not bad.

Everyone can't be the mighty "Clever" Hans!

I seriously do agree though and the assisted living comment was directed towards my drunk posting.

If the orders are important, there's no way Avon isn't #1. I love Lance and he's done amazingly over the last year but Avon was even more dominant for over a year and has always continued that level. Even now when he barely has fighters, he has a top 10 p4p guy.

Before the last year, Lance was always a top manager but he was never a top 5 or anything.

I hate to be boastful, or put myself on a pedistal--whatever, but I always felt I was better than Avon. He was able to hang at number 1 longer than I was, but I went 4-3 against him, beat Nansen with Agrabah, then beat his top dog Okoro with Hollywood...he beat Hollywood then twice...then he beat Kane, then I beat him with Kane twice...but for whatever reason I was always stuck in his shadow because he hung in the #1 Manager spot longer.

But, I had three guys for over a year in the top ten (sometimes one my dip out) but Agrabah, Lunar, and Kane were always lording that top 10 list...occasionally Hollywood would sneak in there and I'd have 4. The one bane to my existence is aside from Farson/War Machine...I could never seem to make a good HW...Puno was a god!

More I thought about it Manne, you're right, I would list you higher than Alex.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I hate to be boastful, or put myself on a pedistal--whatever, but I always felt I was better than Avon. He was able to hang at number 1 longer than I was, but I went 4-3 against him, beat Nansen with Agrabah, then beat his top dog Okoro with Hollywood...he beat Hollywood then twice...then he beat Kane, then I beat him with Kane twice...but for whatever reason I was always stuck in his shadow because he hung in the #1 Manager spot longer.

But, I had three guys for over a year in the top ten (sometimes one my dip out) but Agrabah, Lunar, and Kane were always lording that top 10 list...occasionally Hollywood would sneak in there and I'd have 4. The one bane to my existence is aside from Farson/War Machine...I could never seem to make a good HW...Puno was a god!

More I thought about it Manne, you're right, I would list you higher than Alex.

Being a Convicted crony I shouldn't be saying this out loud, but I've always rated you slightly higher than Avon as well. You're both elite managers though.

Alex' problem was that he was incredibly predictable, which is why things like Hoi/Reed could happen.

Mannetosen is a legend. When he walks into a bar, you buy him rounds in honor of his greatness.

This is why I'll need a liver transplant by the time I'm 30.

• Downvote 1

Regarding Lomax vs Kazuri, if they fought 100 times I would expect Kazuri to win 60 of those times. Kazuri is a beast. But I still think Lomax is the best of all time just based on his career. Lomax has beaten everyone and has lasted a long time. His last two wins for #39 and #40 were against the #1 and #3 bantamweights, respectively.

I think by the end of both of their careers Kazuri will overtake him. Especially since they'll prob meet again and Lomax will lose. My hope is that Lomax can have his final fight against Kazuri and retire, win or lose.

I certainly don't think I'm a top 10 manager of all time, but I've basically been in the Top 50 for 3 years straight. Recently after I picked up a bunch of bum free agents I went on a losing streak and fell to like 400, but since I sacked them I'm back in the Top 10. My memory is shit so I can't really think of anyone you missed as far as Top 10 managers go. I think I have Lance #1 as well. I wish I had a better memory.

Mannetosen is a legend. When he walks into a bar, you buy him rounds in honor of his greatness.

Thats not becouse of his greatness thats becouse of his good looks!

Retired with 13 straight wins against top competition?

Fett's best streak was 9 in his first 9 fights then 8 in a row after losing to Sunny. The 8 in a row I would count the last 5-6 as significant as that's when he was fighting TOP guys. Fett's a solid guy and has done well, but he definitely isn't "legendary". I've had enough fighters who have had similar / mostly better records than that but you don't see my saying they deserve to be there.

Hell, Manny Baddabing was another guy who was utterly dominant at MW. He had 12 title fight wins in Blitz back when Blitz was top dog (and had more than 20 top 100 p4p fighters at all times, a note of personal pride for me). I'd rate him above Fett tbh (even though Fett ended up beating him at the end of his career).

The idea of this is not to go around tooting your own horn. I could've come in and tried to add myself to the list. I've been #1 a few times over, had multiple fighters in the top 10 p4p and had one of the best win/loss ratios in the game. It's more a collective decision by people. This is a popularity based result - not purely achievement.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. You see, I just finished laughing about your post. Winning streaks as a metric for the GOAT? You hear that Atrain, Aaron Witt is the GOAT of GOATS! No, wait, maybe Afro Samurai and his 27 fight win streak makes him the GOAT? Jake Fake at 33-0 makes a compelling argument as well. Rafa Silva has made a compelling argument for GOAT status of the BW division.

As for Sunny's TOP competition with his incredible 13 fight win streak. Who exactly on that list is TOP competition? Obviously I'll give you Tonal. I'll give you Wade Wilson, twice. That's about all I'll give you for TOP competition. The rest of the guys fought were very good, but they all lacked the hiddens to be top fighters. His 13 win streak was so impressive that he managed to only reach #3 p4p. You know who was ranked #2 for months? You got it, boss. Boba Fett! You know your boy Baddabing's highest rank? Five.

When Sunny and Boba were both in Blitz, how long did Sunny hold that Blitz MW title for? Oh, that's right. Never. Who won the title from Manny Baddabing and then defended that title against a top 10 p4p Gunmetal Grey fighter? Oh, that's right, Boba Fucking Fett.

Your guys couldn't sniff Boba Fett's imaginary jock strap. Scotty Nguyen and his loss to Adron Wright? Phil Ivey and his 50:42 loss to STP?

Popularity based vote? Well, guess what? The GOAT MW of all-time (that's Boba Fett in case you haven't been paying attention) has popularity covered too. First off, you know that out of Sunny, Manny and Boba, Boba is the only one with a forum presence holding multiple press conferences and having multiple articles written about him and his illustrious career? Second, profile views are a measure of a fighters popularity and notoriety. Let's go to the tale of the tape! Coming in third place, Manny Baddabing with 11,058 views. Coming in second place, Sunny Disposition with 11,095 views. And your winner in a landslide with 14,610 profile views, the GOAT Boba Fett! It should also be noted that Manny and Sunny are 12 months and 9 months in real time older than Boba.

I won't disrespect Baddabing, but you know who didn't really have success in the modern era of the game? Yup. Baddabing. You know who had success in every single era in the game? I know. It's getting pretty easy to guess at this point...Boba Fett.

Bottom line, a win streak versus less than TOP competition is hardly an accurate measure of success. Ask Hector Lombard.

• Upvote 2

Sorry it took me so long to respond. You see, I just finished laughing about your post. Winning streaks as a metric for the GOAT? You hear that Atrain, Aaron Witt is the GOAT of GOATS! No, wait, maybe Afro Samurai and his 27 fight win streak makes him the GOAT? Jake Fake at 33-0 makes a compelling argument as well. Rafa Silva has made a compelling argument for GOAT status of the BW division.

As for Sunny's TOP competition with his incredible 13 fight win streak. Who exactly on that list is TOP competition? Obviously I'll give you Tonal. I'll give you Wade Wilson, twice. That's about all I'll give you for TOP competition. The rest of the guys fought were very good, but they all lacked the hiddens to be top fighters. His 13 win streak was so impressive that he managed to only reach #3 p4p. You know who was ranked #2 for months? You got it, boss. Boba Fett! You know your boy Baddabing's highest rank? Five.

When Sunny and Boba were both in Blitz, how long did Sunny hold that Blitz MW title for? Oh, that's right. Never. Who won the title from Manny Baddabing and then defended that title against a top 10 p4p Gunmetal Grey fighter? Oh, that's right, Boba Fucking Fett.

Your guys couldn't sniff Boba Fett's imaginary jock strap. Scotty Nguyen and his loss to Adron Wright? Phil Ivey and his 50:42 loss to STP?

Popularity based vote? Well, guess what? The GOAT MW of all-time (that's Boba Fett in case you haven't been paying attention) has popularity covered too. First off, you know that out of Sunny, Manny and Boba, Boba is the only one with a forum presence holding multiple press conferences and having multiple articles written about him and his illustrious career? Second, profile views are a measure of a fighters popularity and notoriety. Let's go to the tale of the tape! Coming in third place, Manny Baddabing with 11,058 views. Coming in second place, Sunny Disposition with 11,095 views. And your winner in a landslide with 14,610 profile views, the GOAT Boba Fett! It should also be noted that Manny and Sunny are 12 months and 9 months in real time older than Boba.

I won't disrespect Baddabing, but you know who didn't really have success in the modern era of the game? Yup. Baddabing. You know who had success in every single era in the game? I know. It's getting pretty easy to guess at this point...Boba Fett.

Bottom line, a win streak versus less than TOP competition is hardly an accurate measure of success. Ask Hector Lombard.

:owned:

• Upvote 2