The GOAT list

Gable - your criteria for top competition is kind of screwed up. If you want to judge a fighter's competition - judge how his opponents were viewed when he fought them, not a year after that.

A win over YB Sol today means nothing but when he was first beat, it was the biggest thing in the game. His competition today would be total cans, but when he fought them, they were the best fighters out there.

The difference is exactly what Luke pointed out - it's like comparing Randy Couture to a GSP or an Anderson Silva. While Randy will be a hall of famer and a legend, he would never be considered one of the P4P greatest. Anderson or GSP though, will always be part of that debate simply because of sheer dominance. Sunny at his time, did fight top competition. He fought in a top 5 org, fought off the best contenders there, took superfights against champs from other top 10 orgs and won most of them.

Fighters like Lunar, YB Sol, Puno, Glory, Tonal, etc, etc are talked about the way they are simply because they reached a point where they seemed "unbeatable". That is what defines GOATness for me. And that's why I ranked Manny as one of the guys up there because he's the only guy at MW who had that kind of a thing going (or maybe even Johnny Cage, one of Rayden's guys. Don't remember his exact record though).

Gable - your criteria for top competition is kind of screwed up. If you want to judge a fighter's competition - judge how his opponents were viewed when he fought them, not a year after that.

A win over YB Sol today means nothing but when he was first beat, it was the biggest thing in the game. His competition today would be total cans, but when he fought them, they were the best fighters out there.

It's good to see you say that because Snake the pendulum only fought top 10 fighters and still people was arguing about his opponents 6 months after the fight.

• Downvote 1

The difference is exactly what Luke pointed out - it's like comparing Randy Couture to a GSP or an Anderson Silva. While Randy will be a hall of famer and a legend, he would never be considered one of the P4P greatest. Anderson or GSP though, will always be part of that debate simply because of sheer dominance. Sunny at his time, did fight top competition. He fought in a top 5 org, fought off the best contenders there, took superfights against champs from other top 10 orgs and won most of them.

Seriously? I have to explain this to you. OK.

The point was not that Boba Fett is the GOAT MW because the guys he fought were the best because they are all currently ranked high. The argument is that the guys that Boba Fett fought were almost exclusively top ten w/c. Starting with his victory over Disposition on June 16, 2011, I can count four, maybe five opponents who were ranked outside the top ten in their w/c when he fought them. Of those opponents, at least ten were in the top ten p4p at the time of the fight. This alone, Sunny fails to match by a long stretch. IN ADDITION, the measure and quality of a fighter cannot be viewed when looking at their ranking alone at the time of the fight. You should know this well as you have accused NFC of hype farming talent to inflate hype and thusly, rank. No, the true measure of a great fighter is maintained success over a lengthy period of time. This proves that one streak versus inferior competition does not inflate hype.

I remember the Ascension MW division at the time of Sunny's reign. It wasn't special in the least bit. Almost none of those fighters were considered great. They were by in large, Rick Thomas/Usain Watts level fighters (no offense Crisse). That means, they are good fighters, but never really posed any threat to the great, top fighters. I don't know that Sunny fought more than 2 top 10 p4p opponents in his career (Fett and Tonal). I'm not sure he even fought that many top 10 w/c opponents. By the looks of it, he did not. The true quality of his opponents can be measured by how they were viewed at the time of the fight (highly regarded, but very few special) and how they continued their careers (not very well at all). Anyone can beat highly ranked, hyped farmed opponents. Only the best continue to fight the best. You can't even begin to compare the fighter resumes of Fett and Disposition's resumes because they are not even close.

Seriously? I have to explain this to you. OK.

The point was not that Boba Fett is the GOAT MW because the guys he fought were the best because they are all currently ranked high. The argument is that the guys that Boba Fett fought were almost exclusively top ten w/c. Starting with his victory over Disposition on June 16, 2011, I can count four, maybe five opponents who were ranked outside the top ten in their w/c when he fought them. Of those opponents, at least ten were in the top ten p4p at the time of the fight. This alone, Sunny fails to match by a long stretch. IN ADDITION, the measure and quality of a fighter cannot be viewed when looking at their ranking alone at the time of the fight. You should know this well as you have accused NFC of hype farming talent to inflate hype and thusly, rank. No, the true measure of a great fighter is maintained success over a lengthy period of time. This proves that one streak versus inferior competition does not inflate hype.

I remember the Ascension MW division at the time of Sunny's reign. It wasn't special in the least bit. Almost none of those fighters were considered great. They were by in large, Rick Thomas/Usain Watts level fighters (no offense Crisse). That means, they are good fighters, but never really posed any threat to the great, top fighters. I don't know that Sunny fought more than 2 top 10 p4p opponents in his career (Fett and Tonal). I'm not sure he even fought that many top 10 w/c opponents. By the looks of it, he did not. The true quality of his opponents can be measured by how they were viewed at the time of the fight (highly regarded, but very few special) and how they continued their careers (not very well at all). Anyone can beat highly ranked, hyped farmed opponents. Only the best continue to fight the best. You can't even begin to compare the fighter resumes of Fett and Disposition's resumes because they are not even close.

:boxing:

Can't we all just get along?

On a serious note, I originally voted for Boba for FOTY BECAUSE he has an idiot for a manager (no offense gable, but you are about as good at tycoon as me :P) and if he was managed by a certain portion of the tycoon community he would probably have been a long time top 20 top 5 W/C fighter.

However, that being said, Disposition fought and beat almost everyone put in front of him he did not duck anyone as far as I know, and he beat almost everyone he entered the cage with.

That being said, I don't know if I am qualified to speak on this topic as I am awful at this game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On a serious note, I originally voted for Boba for FOTY BECAUSE he has an idiot for a manager (no offense gable, but you are about as good at tycoon as me :P) and if he was managed by a certain portion of the tycoon community he would probably have been a long time top 20 top 5 W/C fighter.

I agree that Boba has an idiot for a manager. That said, Fett was a long time top 20 fighter and a top 5 w/c fighter. I guarantee he spent more time in the top 20 p4p and top 5 in his w/c that Sunny Disposition. In fact, I'd wager that he spent more time in that position that the GOAT, Jeremy Tonal.

However, that being said, Disposition fought and beat almost everyone put in front of him he did not duck anyone as far as I know, and he beat almost everyone he entered the cage with.

Sure. Disposition did beat nearly everyone put in front of him. As I stated early, so did Hector Lombard. It's the quality of those wins that are of merit and are called into question.

I agree that Boba has an idiot for a manager. That said, Fett was a long time top 20 fighter and a top 5 w/c fighter. I guarantee he spent more time in the top 20 p4p and top 5 in his w/c that Sunny Disposition. In fact, I'd wager that he spent more time in that position that the GOAT, Jeremy Tonal.

Sure. Disposition did beat nearly everyone put in front of him. As I stated early, so did Hector Lombard. It's the quality of those wins that are of merit and are called into question.

....at the end of the day, Disposition wins due to his golden afro. Boba just can't compete with that style.

Can't we all just get along?

Fuck that. :) Better for people to argue about this then some stupid bullshit troll job that pops up on the forums.

Also

Adron Wright > Fett

thanks for the shout out btw Gable ;)

Can you tell me if Boba Fett had a glorious moment as close in magnitude as Adron did against Nguyen? :)

Also

Adron Wright > Fett

Can you tell me if Boba Fett had a glorious moment as close in magnitude as Adron did against Nguyen? :)

Nope. That, my friend, is the greatest moment in Tycoon history!

Also

Adron Wright > Fett

Who is this mysterious man? I can't find him in the tycoon roster.

Who is this mysterious man? I can't find him in the tycoon roster.

Adron Wright - http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=90072

The Fight - http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=255065

Wright basically looked like he did in his retired state. Nguyen was, as I recall, sensational across. Wright layeth the massive smackdown.

More proof Fett > Disposition. Records in Blitz, which they competed at the same time. Boba was 5-1. Sunny was 5-3. Winner. Winner. Chicken dinner! You guys got anything else but hollow win streaks?

I'd put Fett over Sunny myself. Although for the record, I always looked for the best opposition for him. I'm glad that people noticed the afro, though.

/end story

For the record, Sunny was an amazing fighter.

So after 5 pages we're all in agreement that Lomax is #1? AWESOME

Kuzuri throws a pinpoint strike between Lomax's hands that connects right on the jaw and sends Lomax crashing to the floor! He's out before he even hits the mat and Kuzuri scores a great knockout victory!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:07 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Waru Kuzuri!

A victorious Waru Kuzuri thanked his army of followers in his post fight interview, telling people to make sure they follow him on Twitter.