Should I go pro?

Should I Go Pro  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Go Pro

• Yes
    • No

I think style has a lot to do with that. If you are a wrestler you will always be able to hide any flaws or decline in most of your fights. I think they have a little big more leway in when they get started and how long they can fight at a high level. But your guys who like to stand are much more effected by even the slightest physical decline. When Yves Edwards fought Stout i predicted he would get knocked out. Even though he had only been knocked out once in 56 fights. I still felt he would get knocked out. But he was 34 i believe fighting a 26 year old. IMO Yves was a better fighter technically and in his prime. But not head to head at that point. Its always easy to take out a striker. Even if they are technically way better and you do it with speed. Ussually youth but some times an undersized fighter will do. Like Jim Miller beating Bang Ludwig on the feet. Now there is exceptions not everyone peaks at the same time. BUt i do believe most of your top level athletes are not going to improve much past 25 years old.

You are right. A fight career doesnt last long. I would say once you get to 30 your success is heavily dependant on who you fight. The UFC is good at extending Big name fighters careers. Its counter productive to have a star at 25 and feed him to another 25 year old 2 years later and never get more than 2 years out of anyone. Thats why i believe if a fighter thinks he is ready and his coach thinks he is ready. You shouldnt put off fighting for to long. Because if 30 is the end. You dont want to be like a Nate Quarry and by the time you get to the UFC you are over the hill. Better to get in at 22 and have 8 years rather than 27 and have 3 years. But again i would never recommend anyone 20 or under going balls out into pro MMA. Balls out meaning jumping into fights with anyone, anytime, anywhere like most fighters should. Fighting someone the same age is fine or a carefully selected fight which isnt that hard at the lowest levels. After 20 i believe in most cases a fighter can really start to hit it hard and start working his way up.If they have been training properly.

Yes Icon, post some of your fight videos. I'm curious how your records here don't reflect the numbers you told a few of us in chat though? Care to elaborate? I suspect you are a solid 0-0 in combat sports.

Yes Icon, post some of your fight videos. I'm curious how your records here don't reflect the numbers you told a few of us in chat though? Care to elaborate? I suspect you are a solid 0-0 in combat sports.

I trolled zyd cause he was talking shit and he thinks i said im 29-0.

He claims he is 29-0 and he trains with Rashad Evans but he doesnt have any videos :D He told me that his uncle have videos so he cant show us :D

• Upvote 1

He claims he is 29-0 and he trains with Rashad Evans but he doesnt have any videos :D He told me that his uncle have videos so he cant show us :D

and more bullshit from the trolls. I should really stop feeding them.

• 2 weeks later...

If I was you bro I would get some experience doing boxing and MT fights or whatever your doing and BJJ tournaments for a little while and then when you are 18 I would take a few amateur fights and get you feet wet before jumping straight into pro fighting, like people have said going pro this early isn't the best idea.