Dominance (190k +)

DOMINANCE 31 PREVIEW

PRELIMS

Dustin Kilgore vs Karl Boreling

Both of these guys are Dominance veterans, but I believe Boreling's wrestling advantage will get him a win here.

Doctor Doolittle vs Nathan Summers

Two fighters making their Dominance debut, both of them have the talent to compete with the top of the division. We've seen more from Doolittle and know he's a great fighter, but I'm still picking Nathan Summers, he's one of the most highly touted prospects in MMA and is training with some of the best fighters around, I see him getting the T(KO) win.

Renka Susi vs Jorge Washengteo Bandairrez.

Two very evenly matched fighters and it should be a close fight, I give the advantage to Renka Susi because of his advantage in power.

Benny Brett vs King Schultz

Benny Brett is facing a Dominance veteran in his Dominance debut. I believe this is a bad match stylistically for Brett and he has been finished with strikes many time so I see Schultz finishing the fight in the second round, if Brett lands an early takedown I can see him getting the win by submission.

Troy Lancaster vs Mattia Nicoletti

This fight should be all Troy Lancaster, his wrestling advantage should dictate where this fight takes place, he should still be careful though, Nicoletti has seven submission victories so he may catch Lancaster with a submission.

MAIN CARD

http://s2.postimg.org/v4y0ro2ux/test2.png

John Travoltavich may not look like the scariest fighter on paper, but he has still been mighty impressive two fights with Dominance. Travoltavich has a very elusive fighting style, he manages to avoid damage and has the power to but his opponents to sleep as we’ve seen in his six T(KO) victories. Travoltavich is rising fast in Dominance rankings and with a win here, he’s top 5 in one of the most stacked divisions in the roster.

Kool Keith is finally making his Dominance debut after some complications, after his loss to Joe Ruden this fighter changed his management and it will be interesting to see how he will do. Keith is a striker with lethal power and he also has a great chin so he can take a lot of damage. Keith is also a black belt in BJJ but we’ve never really seen him utilize those skills.

This match may look bad on paper for John Travoltavich, but I think he has the advantage here. He’s better on the feet so I can see him weakening Keith up with kicks and eventually going for the finish. Keith is apparently a great grappler but we’ve never seen him even go for a takedown, if his new management has improved his gameplan I can see Keith taking this via decision. I'm picking Travoltavich with a KO in the second round.

http://s24.postimg.org/p2diy8igl/hoffmanhale.png

Jack Hoffman has never been higher in Dominance rankings. He was a huge underdog against Kip Aragus but managed to take the upset via superman punch and now he’s finally close to getting a title shot. Hoffman is a boxer with huge power and has the ability to upset anyone. Hoffman already has ten fights in Dminance and is looking to earn his way into a title shot.

The former welterweight champion Brandon Hale finally got back into winning ways after his last fight. Hale is currently holding the record for most KO wins in Dominance with eight KO wins and he’s looking to make it nine tonight. Hale started out his career as a boxer and has improved other aspects of his skills lately, with a win here Hale is probably getting an opportunity to recapture the welterweight title.

These two are veterans in the organization and actually fought each other way back when the organization was known by the name Scrapyard, back then Hale got the win in a close fight by finishing Hoffman right before the end of round three. I see Hale winning this time too, he has more established striking and can mix it up with kicks. But as I’ve said before, Hoffman has huge power so he can get the upset.

http://s1.postimg.org/en3w6bc8v/rizzojr.png

Rizzo Jr and Malaipet Sasiprapa are both established veterans who are looking to make one last final run. Both are very versatile strikers with some grappling ability, but I don’t believe this fight will go to the ground, neither of them are known as fighter great finishing power, so it’s pretty certain this fight will go three rounds.

Salaiprapa has been all over the world but recently he’s enjoyed a long stay in Sydney in BFT where he was the champion, and with a win here he might return to BFT to get a new opportunity at capturing the title. Rizzo Jr has fought against some of the greats in MMA in some of the best organizations, so I see him as the favourite in this fight because he’s fought a higher level of competition, so I’m taking Rizzo Jr with a decision win.

http://s28.postimg.org/hsdkmenbh/sepultra.png

Next up is one of the most heated rivalries in Dominance history, Franklin Schroeder vs Damien Sepultra. In their first match we saw one of the biggest upsets ever when Franklin Schroeder upset Sepultra and captured the Dominance heavyweight title.

After that fight we’ve heard a lot of smack-talk from both sides which set up this much anticipated rematch. These two are very similar fighters and their career path has been similar too, both of them won the prestigious Dominance HW title and went on to lose it. The winner of this match will be close to getting another shot and the loser will have to start all over again.

Last time I picked Sepultra and I’m going that way again, I believe Sepultra underestimated Schroeder last time and this time he’ll have a smarter gameplan. Schroeder will come out banging and Sepultra will want to avoid his punches since Schroeder may be the only heavyweight in the division that has even bigger power than Sepultra.

http://s27.postimg.org/d131fs47n/velasquez_Allen.png

Barry Allen has recently competed in two long tournaments and done very well for himself, he was quite successful in ITFL 2 and was crowned the winner of EPL 5. Allen is known as a grinder, he’s very versatile and his gameplan consists of attempts to wear his opponent down. He’s still quite young and has the talent to succeed in major organizations so the future is bright for Barry Allen.

Kain Velasquez is one of the most popular fighters in MMA and it’s no wonder why, every time he fights you’re going to be entertained. Velasquez is known as a striker with huge power which is proven by the fact that most of his wins have been by KO in the first round. If Velasquez wins this one he will become one of the most coveted free agents in the market.

It’s quite obvious who the favourite is here, Velasquez is way more experienced and has a better skill set than Allen. He also has huge power in his hands and we’ve seen Allen get finished before. On the other hand Velasquez hasn’t fought many grapplers and Allen has an amazing takedown percentage of 100% in his career so I can see him grinding Velasquez out and winning by decision. I’m still picking Velasquez by KO.

• Upvote 4

Sepultra lands a right hand.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked2.gif
Schroeder is rocked!
Some stalling of biblical proportions here from Sepultra.
Oh Schroeder is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!
Schroeder misses with a short punch on the inside.
Schroeder is pressed against the cage. Sepultra pushes back and unleashes a big elbow that really hurts Schroeder! Two more big strikes from Sepultra and Schroeder crumples to the mat and taps out furiously due to the strikes!

Nothing more needs to be said...

• Upvote 2

Schroeder is rocked!

Oh Schroeder is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!

Schroeder is pressed against the cage. Sepultra pushes back and unleashes a big elbow that really hurts Schroeder! Two more big strikes from Sepultra and Schroeder crumples to the mat and taps out furiously due to the strikes!

You should anyway

Schroeder is rocked!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/knockdown2.gif

Sasiprapa lands a big head kick that sends Rizzo Jr tumbling to the mat! Sasiprapa takes a step backwards and waves Rizzo Jr back to his feet - he wants the finish!

Rizzo Jr is rocked!

The crowd are loving this. Great action here.

Sasiprapa lands a kick to the ribs of his opponent. Nice work there - in and out in a flash.

Oh Rizzo Jr is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!

Sasiprapa lands a leg kick. The shin dug right into the meat of the thigh.

That kick from Sasiprapa tenderised Rizzo Jr's leg. Rizzo Jr is trying to keep his angry face on.

Sasiprapa lands a leg kick that knocks Rizzo Jr off balance momentarily.

Are you kidding me?! Sasiprapa ducked down and unloaded an uppercut from hell that sent Rizzo Jr clean off his feet! Someone make me a GIF - that's knockout of the night for sure!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:27 of round 3, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Malaipet Sasiprapa!

Thanks to Brandon Hale for a hell of a fight, i gave you everything I had but you were more tonight. Glad we could get fight of the night, I'm sure we'll see each other down the road.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/knockdown2.gif

Sasiprapa lands a big head kick that sends Rizzo Jr tumbling to the mat! Sasiprapa takes a step backwards and waves Rizzo Jr back to his feet - he wants the finish!

Rizzo Jr is rocked!

The crowd are loving this. Great action here.

Sasiprapa lands a kick to the ribs of his opponent. Nice work there - in and out in a flash.

Oh Rizzo Jr is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!

Sasiprapa lands a leg kick. The shin dug right into the meat of the thigh.

That kick from Sasiprapa tenderised Rizzo Jr's leg. Rizzo Jr is trying to keep his angry face on.

Sasiprapa lands a leg kick that knocks Rizzo Jr off balance momentarily.

Are you kidding me?! Sasiprapa ducked down and unloaded an uppercut from hell that sent Rizzo Jr clean off his feet! Someone make me a GIF - that's knockout of the night for sure!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:27 of round 3, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Malaipet Sasiprapa!

You had to go there now didnt you!!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1395437843dom32f_zps4aad595d.png

Liam McCullough vs Amirezza Pourramenazanali

Liam McCullough finally makes his return to Dominance after some contract disputes and he’s the big favourite in this matchup. Pourramenazanali is a very good fighter but he’s always come up short against elite competition and I think McCullough fits that category, I’m picking him to win in the second round by KO.

Evandro Brandao vs Joshua Lynch

This should be an interesting match, both fighters have pretty similar styles and are coming off two losses in a row. I’m taking Brandao in this match, I think he’s one of the best guys in the division suffering a rough streak at the moment and he has the talent to compete with the top 5 of the division. I don’t think Lynch and his new management can compete with “The Beast”.

Niacisse Kenmoghn vs Gary Mead

Kenmoghn and Mead are both also similar fighters, but Kenmoghn is the favourite here, his standup is way better than Mead’s so I think he’s gonna take this fight by staying on the feet , I can see this being a very close fight that ends with Kenmoghn winning by decision.

Yrjoe Velmu vs Arni Ur Jarni

Yrjoe Velmu is returning back to the cage after suffering a loss in the Middleweight title match, that makes him 0/3 in title matches. He’s looking to earn his way to another title shot and his next opponent Arni Ur Jarni isn’t’ going to make that easy. Jarni is coming off a win and if he gets a win here he is going to be ranked top 5 in the division. Both of these fighters are strikers, but I believe Velmu is a bit superior so I’m taking him with a decision victory.

Dean Corll vs Jake Epping

Dean Corll got back on the winning side after his last fight and is looking to move on to the top of the rankings. His opponent Jake Epping has given us surprise after surprise, Epping has been an underdog in many of his last fights but has shown that he has the skillset to compete with the best in the division. He’s now riding a five fight win streak and with a win here he will be closer and closer to a title shot. I believe that Eppin has the power advantage over Corll and he’s going to win this fight with a KO thus making Corll suffer his first T(KO) loss.

http://uppaa.net/i/4d914.png

The former middleweight champion Sheng Chung Lin is closer than ever to getting another opportunity to fight for the title. He’s always been a top notch striker, but since losing to Sakari Sammio, Lin has constantly improved his grappling and is close to being a complete fighter.

Chocolate Al also knows what it’s like to be the champion, he won the CFS Middleweight title right before the organization was merged with Dominance so he never even lost the title. Chocolate Al usually likes to attack his opponents with a barrage of punches and kicks and constantly keeps piling pressure on his opponent. Early on in his career Chocolate Al wasn’t known exactly as a finisher but that has changed as he’s gotten three finishes in a row.

The winner of this match is likely getting a title shot. I could see this fight going both ways, Lin has the advantage in grappling and I think Al has the slight advantage on the feet. I’m taking Lin here because of his grappling advantage, I can almost guarantee it’s going to be a close decision.

http://uppaa.net/i/09969.png

Svend Karlsson has proven to everone that he’s a warrior. After winning his last fight Karlsson asked for tougher competition and chance to compete with the best in the division. At the same time the organization had trouble fighting an opponent for Jon Hess, after Karlsson noticed this he basically begged to get the opportunity to face Hess. Karlsson has an incredible takedown percentage of 86% and once he gets his opponent to the ground he will go all out looking for a finish.

What more can be said about Jon Hess? Hess dominated the kickboxing circuit and then transitioned to MMA. Many people have declined to fight this beast and if you’ve watched him fight you know why. Hess has eighteen wins and all of them have been by KO and most of them have been in the first round. One might wonder though, how can Hess handle himself in the ground? Even though he has been in three MMA matches already, he has not been taken down in these matches so it will be interesting to see if Hess has the ground game to compete with the elite of Dominance’s HW division.

Svend Karlsson has major balls for taking this fight, but it’s obvious that he’s the major underdog in this fight. If he somehow gets this fight to the ground right away and manages to land his lethal ground and pound Hess is in a world of trouble, but I don’t believe that’s going to happen. Hess will come out aggressive and win this fight early in the 1st round.

http://uppaa.net/i/30076.png

In our next match we have two legends facing off. Wade Wilson should be a familiar name for everyone, he’s competed against some of the best fighters in them middleweight and Welterweight division and has also been the champion in Ascension and VERSUS. His last two fights were rough for the veteran and he’s taken a small break after those fights so he may be considering retirement?

Felix Basilan also has experience in fighting tough competitors. Basilan was the Aggressive Damage champion for a long time, even though he recently loss, I believe Basilan has a few good years left to climb his way back in the rankings and compete against the best.

Wilson is one hell of a fighter but he’s been trending down lately so I’m taking Basilan with a decision victory.

http://uppaa.net/i/6dc87.png

Johnny Justice has been waiting for this moment a long time. When he signed to Dominance he was promised a championship match, but he had to wait and wait for it, but now it’s finally time. He’s getting his opportunity in Dominance’s first PPV. Johnny Justice is usually known as an aggressive fighter, he goes in the cage and gives the fans in attendance what they want and that is action. Justice comes out and tries to finish the fight and isn’t fighting for a a decision. He had trouble with grapplers early on in his career, but he has evolved a lot since those days and we even saw him owning Luiz Lindland in the grappling department. The future looks really bright for this constantly evolving fighter.

Scottie Power has always been a special talent, after suffering his first loss in his second MMA match he has gone on and won 11 matches in a row. No other fighter put the same pace as Scottie Power, the amount of strikes he throws during a fight is unbelievable. He has the fighting style of a bantamweight and has shown flashes of power early on in his career. In his two fights in Dominance he has humiliated his opponents in every department, outstriking them and also outgrappling them. If Scottie Power gets the win here, he will have set the record for most title fight wins in the middleweight division.

Tough fight to call. Both of these fighters are similar in style, but I would give the power advantage to Justice. He has the power to finish Scottie Power if he lands a punch right on the button, but can he land that punch? Scottie Power is incredibly fast and hard to hit, the longer this fight goes more of the advantage goes to Scottie Power. Justice should try to finish this fight early, but that’s easier said than done. I’m taking Scottie Power with a decision.

http://uppaa.net/i/42cff.png

Jake Lamotta is what you would call a legend. He captured the Syn bantamweight title at the age of 37 in a matchup where many people wouldn’t have even guessed Lamotta could win. This is a very important fight for Lamotta, in my opinion this fight will make it clear if Lamotta has what it takes to make one last run at the top, or if he should retire to the Bahamas.

Jameson Connemara might be the hottest fighter in MMA right now. He was recently mentioned in TWW news and for good reason, Connemara is currently 15-0 and with a win here he should be moving to one of the bigger orgs. Connemara is a pure striker, he can hold his own on the ground, but he feels more confident on the feet and use his lethal kicks to weaken his opponents and eventually go for the kill.

Lamotta is an awesome fighter, but how can I pick against Connemara in this fight? There’s a good reason why Connemara is undefeated and I believe this fight is one of the best bantamweights Jake Lamotta passing the torch to Connemara who will go on to do great things.

• Upvote 7

Svend Karlsson at Domianace 32 PPV Press Conference

Jon Reporter: Hey, Svend, how are you doing? Quite a beating you took out there.

Karlsson: I'm fine, now that the pain meds have set in. A little numb too.

Jon Reporter: What was you're game plan going into this match? What went wrong out there?

Karlsson: We had a great gameplan, just didn't execute it. My coaches looked at some past footage of Hess. He seemed to most effective when he's the one setting the pace, when he's on offense. We wanted to make him uncomfortable out there by pressuring him. Instead of waiting for him to make a mistake, we tried to force him into mistakes. Props to them though, Hess and Mannetosen did a remarkable job. I tried to grab a hold of him and rough him up against the cage; make him bleed; and eventually force him to the ground. But hey, he's a slippery salamander, kept getting away. He made me play his kickboksing game and turned my head into a fotball.

Terrance Reporter: Do you think Hess should get the next title shot?

Karlsson: Skillwise, for sure. But Strunkz and Juggernaut match in 3 weeks. I don't think he will wait. Sepultra would be a fin match. The winner of them would be the clear contender.

Reporto Roberto: What's next for Karlsson?

Karlsson: Rest. I hurt mitt kna on one of his sparks to the leg. I'll be back in 40 tycoon days (10 days). From there I will train to be better. Of course my striking and probably my athleticism. I want to thank Sami and Mannetosen for the opportunity. I didn't perform. But I'll be back, for sure.

• Upvote 1

Evandro Brandao vs Joshua Lynch

This should be an interesting match, both fighters have pretty similar styles and are coming off two losses in a row. I’m taking Brandao in this match, I think he’s one of the best guys in the division suffering a rough streak at the moment and he has the talent to compete with the top 5 of the division. I don’t think Lynch and his new management can compete with “The Beast”.

Not to take anything away from Lynchs win but damn I can't figure out what's going on with Brandao, he is not fighting up to his full potential and in my mind he should have easily won his last two fights. Just poor game planning on my part I guess. Nice win Lynch, I hope to have an opportunity to avenge this loss some day.