Already losing Skills

I didn't pay much attention to the changes, just saw something about above 80% total skills and if the fighter Learned something other skill would suffer... FUnny thing is one of my guys didn't learn squat and he's already losing his skills, Then i went to see if his % was above 80 and it was something like 82%, so Yeah i understan why he lost his Elite Boxing.. The other thing i noticed is that Top fighters are Still Elite in pretty much everything.. Shouldn't they lose their Skills a little bit faster than my guy.. Not to mention he's 24 and elite fighters are 30

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The cap covers all skills at once now, instead 3 separate caps for physicals,primaries,secondaries. So if a guy has 140 in all primaries he probably shorted some secondaries or physicals on points or their fighter's potential just might be higher than yours.

Let's say your fighter lucks up and gets the 80% cap, I have 2760 to train whatever I like worry free for the most part about depopping. If I get all the primaries to 140, then I have 2260 left for the secondaries/phys. All 140 phys, which leaves 1420 for me to train up secondaries and I spread it all evenly. Each secondary would be 110. Now with this fighter I have all elite primaries, but meh secondaries.

If you need help keeping track of skills I recommend this: http://www.mmatycoon...showtopic=35629

Let's say your fighter lucks up and gets the 80% cap, I have 2760 to train whatever I like worry free for the most part about depopping.

When you say "for the most part", are you referring to skills dropping if you haven't trained them in a long time? I have a guy with about 2330 points (67%) who has had a skill drop a level, a skill I hadn't trained in a while. Even if your fighter hasn't hit his peak are these depops still possible if you don't train skills every now and then?

I'm not complaining by the way, in fact I'm all for skills dropping, just trying to understand the new system! Thanks for any info....

What page on the wiki would people be looking at, to understand this? Gym public?

I expect the main problem is that people are NOT looking at any page to understand this. Instead merely complaining/querying it when it happens.

The OP of this thread even says that's the case in his opening sentence. Humours failed to pay heed to the warning on auto-reallocation of skills despite pretty much living on the site. Some (and by "some" I really mean "most") users simply don't engage with the changes. Or even the basic mechanics of the game since the beginning.

Sorry, not really providing a solution there.

When you say "for the most part", are you referring to skills dropping if you haven't trained them in a long time? I have a guy with about 2330 points (67%) who has had a skill drop a level, a skill I hadn't trained in a while. Even if your fighter hasn't hit his peak are these depops still possible if you don't train skills every now and then?

I'm not complaining by the way, in fact I'm all for skills dropping, just trying to understand the new system! Thanks for any info....

Yea referring to that. But the decreases of those depops are very minor. Although your guy depoped it was probably something like 130-129.95 and that amount probably took over dozens of sessions of not training the skill. Think mike said it would take like 300 sessions of not training a skill to drop it a full level. Fighting and training that skill resets the ticker.

Note, however, you can’t not train at all because we do still have skill loss if you don’t train for a long time. You could look at this as a very basic behind-the-scenes ticker system, which takes over 40 sessions of no training to kick in at all. Once it has kicked in, one session of training in that skill will reset it all the way back to zero. This info will not be displayed anywhere (i.e. in graph form like on the previous maintenance page) because it’s barely noticeable and only in place to keep people doing at least some training. Fighting will still reset all these values to 0 too.  

http://www.mmatycoon...nges_March_2013

Yeah i have a 21 year old with a depop now, is this like tickers... but without tickers?

Yea see above.

Looks like I need to make the explanation more prominent. What page on the wiki would people be looking at, to understand this? Gym public?

Idk, probably wanna post it on several pages tbh. Like the wiki page the help icon on the assistant page goes to. On the training wiki page. Link it at the bottom of the see also of a bunch of stuff. People don't seem to notice it until they see the depop in the TA, maybe have something at the top of that page that links directly to a FAQ or w/e on the forums that specifically addresses all issues/concerns with depoping.