Do you like Chael Sonnen?

Do you like Chael Sonnen  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Chael Sonnen

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont mind

A handful? A handful is 5. There has been 10 different occasions named in this thread already with no research into. Like always, you are wrong and are using semantics to hide how wrong you are. How does it feel to be a bigger MMA noob that Justin Bieber? At least I have seen him at UFC events and he isn't spouting stupid shit on MMA forums. Compared to you, Bieber looks like Chuck Zito! :shades:

and how many title fights were given from wins? much, much more than anyone who gets them off losses. the title is reserved for winners. they might as well just scrap the title if theyre gonna have losers fights for titles...it defeats the purpose of having a title.

youre wrong again, dummy.

• Upvote 1

and how many title fights were given from wins? much, much more than anyone who gets them off losses. the title is reserved for winners. they might as well just scrap the title if theyre gonna have losers fights for titles...it defeats the purpose of having a title.

youre wrong again, dummy.

The titles are for noob fans like you who think there is a best fighter in the world. Everyone who has a belt has been beat or hasn't fought anyone or are just lucky. Jones is the kind of beating old guys. Put someone young in their who is fast and has power and they will take him out. People like you pretend he is superman. There is a reason why when they lose a belt they almost never get it back and usually lose consistently. They stop being protected since the UFC has already milked them for all they are worth.

• Downvote 2

The titles are for noob fans like you who think there is a best fighter in the world. Everyone who has a belt has been beat or hasn't fought anyone or are just lucky. Jones is the kind of beating old guys. Put someone young in their who is fast and has power and they will take him out. People like you pretend he is superman. There is a reason why when they lose a belt they almost never get it back and usually lose consistently. They stop being protected since the UFC has already milked them for all they are worth.

Young and has power. Ryan Bader

• Upvote 1

At 185 there is quite clearly a best fighter in the world.

. If that is the case you should have no problem saying that again after he fights Weidman.

Young and has power. Ryan Bader

I specificily speed also. Bader is slow, extremely slow. He is also a wrestler. I was mainly speaking of someone who has a striking base.

I may have missed you say this somewhere in this thread but I will ask anyway. Who do you think could beat Jon Jones? Right now, he is undefeated, well defeated once by DQ, but that does not count. Who do you think is young, quick and powerful enough to beat him?

I never like fhe guy and I still don't like him.

seing ur banner, that doesn't surprise me if you are an anderson fan !!!

he is tuf , very skilled wrestler, smart and human when it come to coaching but the emotion that bring a fight make him become stupid and straight foward. there is a very different chael: the fighter, the coach, the entertainer and the human being. but in serveral occasion when it come to just have a chat he is very nice and compose. he even actually cheer the triangle technique , in a tv show, when he was watching fight in a private movietheater . he said he d like to know make this beautifull technique but he doubt that his skill set allow him to do it.

I may have missed you say this somewhere in this thread but I will ask anyway. Who do you think could beat Jon Jones? Right now, he is undefeated, well defeated once by DQ, but that does not count. Who do you think is young, quick and powerful enough to beat him?

We don't have any way to know yet. The UFC hasn't been letting new blood into the division. They are just now getting out some of the old guys. When you have big name fighter(and 205 always had the biggest names) it's hard to get rid of them. They sell. Until they stop protecting these names who are mid to late 30's and replacing with the best young fighters in the world. Jones isn't the fastest guy in the world and his striking is not technically very good. But he is so much faster than these old slow guys that he can do any thing regardless of any technical flaw he makes. There are plenty of guys who can beat him. But they can't if they never fight him. Even if they were in the UFC they would have to work their way to him. Keep in mind I said Jones can be beat not that he isnt the best. I do think he is the best and I would even out his as the best in MMA history already in his career.

To be clear. I think there can be a best in the world in MMA. But you can't always determain that by a belt. It is very easy to steer better fighters away from the title and guide marketable fighters to the title. All fighters have someone who can beat them. Whether those fights happen or not depend on a lot of factors. The design of the match maker is only one of the ways.

. If that is the case you should have no problem saying that again after he fights Weidman.

After 12 months on the sidelines and a best win against Mark Munoz (who A, isn't good, and B, was fighting with a broken foot)... lets just say Anderson fans shouldn't exactly be concerned about Weidman, who like most guys who fight Anderson will be a question of when he gets finished rather than if he will win.

Why would he want a title? Everyone he fought who had one ended up in the hospital. The belt might have made you like them. But even with the belt on their waist. They were still scared shitless of one David Tank Abbott!

Why would he want a title? Everyone he fought who had one ended up in the hospital. The belt might have made you like them. But even with the belt on their waist. They were still scared shitless of one David Tank Abbott!

his losing record disagrees.

Ok, so let's talk Chael.

He acts like he is the ultimate badass, spews obviously xenophobic garbage, disrespects guys and their families who have already achieved a million times more in the sport than he ever could, all the while being just another point-fighting wrestler with no finishing abilities who taps to every other submission. He's also a PED cheater and a convicted money launderer.

"Ah, but he's only joking. It's only a persona to sell fights"

How about someone calls your girlfriend a filthy c*nt and tells her to blow him but afterwards the person tells you it was all just a funny act? You would laugh it off right? Because it's so entertaining.

Poverty in Brazil is a serious topic yet Chael (and some of his fans) find it entertaining to call Brazilians primitive cavemen speaking pig latin, stealing and playing in the mud, as if it was their own stupidity that put them in this situation.

And to top it off, he doesn't even win the subsequent fights. I mean, his greatest accomplishment sports-wise was tapping out to an injured, tired out and beat up Anderson Silva. Unfortunately, and I quote CSAC here, "under the influence of unallowably high testosterone levels" is how he achieved this remarkable event.

"ah, you're gotten to. Chael was successful, he made you buy the fight, you just deposited your share in Chael's retirement plan"

Well, I admit. I'm annoyed that the LHW div has been tied up for the last 8 months with this BS match. Everyone who was being honest with themselves knew how this would go. And I buy every UFC event. Didn't buy this one because of Chael, bought it because it's the UFC.

Trashtalk or not, these are extremely ignorant and dumb things to say just to rustle jimmies and get attention. I normally enjoy black humor but what's the point of joking about poverty? This was just low and proved that he's willing to say absolutely anything to get attention.

I am actually baffled that some people find themselves surprised that others are genuinely offended by this, EVEN IF THEY KNOW IT'S AN ACT.

So, no, I do not like Chael Sonnen and I despise what he represents to the great majority of these redneck "fans". I don't actually think he brought any new genuine fans to the sport of MMA. But that's another discussion. Chael is either going to retire, or fight a few unimportant ranking wise matchups to get more money in. We'll watch, we'll laugh and back to pro-wrestling most of his fans will very likely head.

• Upvote 1

I disagree with the premise of your post because nobody playing an internet game about managing imaginary cage fighters have a girlfriend.

But there would be plenty who would play an internet game about managing imaginary cage fighers that have a wife.

• Upvote 1