Do you like Chael Sonnen?

Do you like Chael Sonnen  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Chael Sonnen

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont mind

• 4 weeks later...
Roy loves to say I'll never give him a title shot," White said. "But dude, beat someone and then I'll give you the shot. Roy is knocking off these guys ranked six through 10, but when he gets to fighting the top five guys, he can't do the same thing. You're not going to get a title shot for beating No. 6 and No. 8. You have to beat the top guys.

Look, everyone knows how I feel about Roy, and everyone remembers how I felt about Tito (Ortiz)," White said. "But I never prevented any fight for Tito from happening. If [Nelson] goes out there and beats the guys ranked head of him, then yeah, he'll get one. But he's not going to get one just by talking about it and doing whatever the hell he is trying to do. He's going to have to fight for it, just like everyone else.

hmmm....guess this rule doesnt apply to sonnen...

When you listen to the rubbish that comes out of his mouth during fight promotions, it's easy to understand why there are lot of negative vibe that surround Chael's name. But in real life, people who know him personally say that he isn't that bad of a guy after all. I remember reading an article about UFC trainer Mike Dolce, where he stated that Chael was on of those guys that really helped him during his tough times.

hmmm....guess this rule doesnt apply to sonnen...

Sure doesn't. White is absolutely full of it. He's here to make money, but will act like he's protecting the sport at times too. He's not. If he was, James Toney never sets foot in a UFC ring. He never brought Fedor in because he wasn't convinced the price was right (in addition to Fedor's handlers, but still).. Kimbo Slice never gets a legitimate UFC fight after TUF. But he did all those things because they were draws, just like Sonnen-Bones. If Dana likes you, the rules don't apply to you. Sonnen is one of those guys since he'll fight anyone, anywhere, and he brings a lot of controversy and attention wherever he goes.

Roy is really, really trying to be that guy. But he comes off a little too smart-assed IMO. Sonnen seems like an idiot in his promos, which is funny and entertaining to a lot. Roy just kinda complains and is sarcastic about a lot of stuff, which can be funny, but also makes you, as Dana said, seem like you are too smart for the room. I love watching Roy fight and I kinda like his comments, but he's not going to talk his way to the top. He just isn't that type of guy