Do you like Chael Sonnen?

Do you like Chael Sonnen  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Chael Sonnen

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont mind

The titles are for noob fans like you who think there is a best fighter in the world. Everyone who has a belt has been beat or hasn't fought anyone or are just lucky. Jones is the kind of beating old guys. Put someone young in their who is fast and has power and they will take him out. People like you pretend he is superman. There is a reason why when they lose a belt they almost never get it back and usually lose consistently. They stop being protected since the UFC has already milked them for all they are worth.

I am not a Jones fan but seriously the UFC are protecting Jones? He has pretty much fought every top contender in his weight class, who else would you like him to fight for god sake?

I am not a Jones fan but seriously the UFC are protecting Jones? He has pretty much fought every top contender in his weight class, who else would you like him to fight for god sake?

They are not directly protecting him. But the division is in a transition period where they have big names who are hanging around preventing new blood from getting in the UFC. I mean take a look at the 205 division. Anyone who has seen Hendo fight knows his last few fights he has been a shadow or his former self. Franklin and Silva and Chael all have been flirting in the division. Forrest and Vera are bums. Only about 10 guys of their 50 even deserve to be holding a roster spot.

Exactly. The list of contenders whom I'd like to get a crack at Jones right now are Machida (already lost), Gustafsson (I have this feeling he could be kind of green), Mousasi (just joined the UFC, flirting with MW), Glover (needs a couple more fights) and Cormier (currently a HW who will need some time to adapt). It's clearly a division under transition and we probably will not get to see all of these fights, as Jones himself said he's 2 or 3 fights away from moving up to HW.

Gus has some tools that can help him. But his biggest problem is his movement. He moves like a clumsy 7 foot basketball player in ice skates. He isnt as quick as he should be being a skinny striker. He doesn't have great one punch power. He works you over through out the fight. But that requires being on his feet a very long time which isnt going to happen with someone like Jones. I think at best Gus marks him up a couple times through out a pretty one sided stoppage. Of anyone in the discussion for a title shit. There is one one guy who poses a threat to Jones. He has the speed to land, the power to end it, takedown defense to stay in the game, and defense to keep it close. That is still Machida. Unfortunately he isnt the toughest guy. He made his living on not getting hit. So when he starts getting hit it gets him out of his game and he also doesn't have the greatest chin. There isnt many people who can get to his chin in a 5 round fight. But Jones is one of them even though Jones doesnt have much power. Its enough for Machida. Machoda needs to be more aggressive than last fight and try to get him early and first. Both guys are the type to get out of their game if you can put hands on them.

Well, as usual Sonnen was talking out his ass. Looks like he lied about retirement and now lied about being able to hear when Wandy called him out. http://www.mmaweekly.com/chael-sonnen-stares-retirement-in-the-eye-and-says-no-thanks-wants-to-fight-wanderlei-silva

Sonnen is not a good style for Wandy and would likely win, but don't act like he didn't understand him the 1st time. It was very clear in the video he responded to everything Wandy said and tried to backtrack his own shit talk at the time.

What the hell did u expect him to do? Start fighting with a guy in a cast who is supposed to be hurt? More than likely he was shocked at Silva being to much of a caveman to realize it was an act.

• Downvote 1

So you clearly dont realize he is playing a character. Here is a hint. You are mad because he wants you to be mad. You guys crack me up. He is trying to be the bad guy. Of course he is going to talk shit after the fact and say it never happened. I bet you also believe he didnt know tapping out would end the fight even though he had tapped out a handful of times before that? I thought you were smarter than that. If you dont like his act that is fine. But you look silly taking what he says so serious. He is trying to manipulate gullible people. You are being the classic example. The average person just smiles and moves on realizing he isnt serious and what he says isnt true. You guys think he is being serious and get all emo. I think i better tell you before you hear it someone else. Nog wasnt really trying to feed a bus a carrot and little Nog wasnt petting the bus. I know, i know. Chael said it happened.

What the hell did u expect him to do? Start fighting with a guy in a cast who is supposed to be hurt? More than likely he was shocked at Silva being to much of a caveman to realize it was an act.

So, in your mind Wand didn't know it was an act and because of this he is a moron.

So you clearly dont realize he is playing a character. Here is a hint. You are mad because he wants you to be mad. You guys crack me up. He is trying to be the bad guy. Of course he is going to talk shit after the fact and say it never happened. I bet you also believe he didnt know tapping out would end the fight even though he had tapped out a handful of times before that? I thought you were smarter than that. If you dont like his act that is fine. But you look silly taking what he says so serious. He is trying to manipulate gullible people. You are being the classic example. The average person just smiles and moves on realizing he isnt serious and what he says isnt true. You guys think he is being serious and get all emo. I think i better tell you before you hear it someone else. Nog wasnt really trying to feed a bus a carrot and little Nog wasnt petting the bus. I know, i know. Chael said it happened.

So, in your mind, again, everyone who doesn't "smile and move on" "think he is being serious and get all emo".

Rhetorical question: what if Wand did know it was an act and, knowingly so, still thought Chael crossed the line? You admit one can cross the line when joking, right? What if Chael agreed with Wand that afternoon, and because of that looked down and silly and agreed he should turn down the jokes on Brazil a bit?

The only way to know this was to note Chael's attitude after they had "their talk". IMO, Chael backtracked on the Brazil jokes after that encounter. I mean, his show went on, but instead he focused more on Anderson Silva and less on the Brazil and the "brazilians are cavemen" type jokes.

Now he's one step closer to being completely forgotten. How did he attempt to revert this? Backtracked his previous attitude, when he looked down and humble, in order to hype this new matchup. After all, it's all he's got. All Eveas said was that Chael backtracked, and he did, that he lied about retirement, and he did. Also his attitude shows he understood Wand that afternoon, he says he did not - another lie. It's part of the act, right, but purely identifying this does not mean I or whoever don't like (part of) his act are idiots or don't know he's joking as you clearly stated in your second post.

• Upvote 1

exactly. doesnt matter if its an act or not...he's still insulting brazil and several brazilian fighters. i'm not one of these people who think chael was "scared" in that video wanderlei posted, i just think he didnt really know how to react. in the end though...chael didnt look so great in that video. honestly i love the idea of wanderlei and chael fighting. both guys arent really in the title mix, they can fight at 185, 195, or 205, and it'll be a fight people get excited for. i think it'd actually be really exciting too.

book it.

• Upvote 2

So, in your mind Wand didn't know it was an act and because of this he is a moron.

So, in your mind, again, everyone who doesn't "smile and move on" "think he is being serious and get all emo".

Rhetorical question: what if Wand did know it was an act and, knowingly so, still thought Chael crossed the line? You admit one can cross the line when joking, right? What if Chael agreed with Wand that afternoon, and because of that looked down and silly and agreed he should turn down the jokes on Brazil a bit?

The only way to know this was to note Chael's attitude after they had "their talk". IMO, Chael backtracked on the Brazil jokes after that encounter. I mean, his show went on, but instead he focused more on Anderson Silva and less on the Brazil and the "brazilians are cavemen" type jokes.

Now he's one step closer to being completely forgotten. How did he attempt to revert this? Backtracked his previous attitude, when he looked down and humble, in order to hype this new matchup. After all, it's all he's got. All Eveas said was that Chael backtracked, and he did, that he lied about retirement, and he did. Also his attitude shows he understood Wand that afternoon, he says he did not - another lie. It's part of the act, right, but purely identifying this does not mean I or whoever don't like (part of) his act are idiots or don't know he's joking as you clearly stated in your second post.

I think he knows its an act and was just pandering to the camera. Notice he never actually said anything to chael except talk hypothetically. He didn't say he would knock Chaels teeth out if he does this or that. He tip toed like a pussy. Chael didn't say anything because there wasn't any way he could win. He could try andf argue against broken English which isn't his style. He almost never argues with anyone. He chooses to send his message through the public because he can control the situation and not look like these low class fools yelling over each other. He almost never says anything directly to the opponent. It simple isn't as effective. Kicking wandys ass while he is hurt doesn't do any good either. He did like about that stuff. Who the hell cares? Also he never said he was retiring. He never gave a definite answer after the fight was over. Unless you don't know what words like "I think" or "probably" mean. He specifically said he has to think about it and his last fight before that he said he never makes a decision after the fight because the emotions are fresh and no one ever stays retired who base their decision on that moment. So again you come off a short attention span hate who is just making stuff up. He never lied about retiring. Even if he did. Did you expect anything different from his persona? either you like his persona or you don't. Bitching about his act ony re-enforces why he does it. Because it bothers you!

• Downvote 1

exactly. doesnt matter if its an act or not...he's still insulting brazil and several brazilian fighters. i'm not one of these people who think chael was "scared" in that video wanderlei posted, i just think he didnt really know how to react. in the end though...chael didnt look so great in that video. honestly i love the idea of wanderlei and chael fighting. both guys arent really in the title mix, they can fight at 185, 195, or 205, and it'll be a fight people get excited for. i think it'd actually be really exciting too.

book it.

It was a pointless video. wandy only spoke up so he can take the take back to brazil and feel like a star defending Brazil. Chael looked down on him and rolled his eyes. everyone sees what they want to see in the video.

• Downvote 1

I think he knows its an act and was just pandering to the camera. Notice he never actually said anything to chael except talk hypothetically. He didn't say he would knock Chaels teeth out if he does this or that. He tip toed like a pussy. Chael didn't say anything because there wasn't any way he could win. He could try andf argue against broken English which isn't his style. He almost never argues with anyone. He chooses to send his message through the public because he can control the situation and not look like these low class fools yelling over each other. He almost never says anything directly to the opponent. It simple isn't as effective. Kicking wandys ass while he is hurt doesn't do any good either. He did like about that stuff. Who the hell cares? Also he never said he was retiring. He never gave a definite answer after the fight was over. Unless you don't know what words like "I think" or "probably" mean. He specifically said he has to think about it and his last fight before that he said he never makes a decision after the fight because the emotions are fresh and no one ever stays retired who base their decision on that moment. So again you come off a short attention span hate who is just making stuff up. He never lied about retiring. Even if he did. Did you expect anything different from his persona? either you like his persona or you don't. Bitching about his act ony re-enforces why he does it. Because it bothers you!

You're not really bright, are you? My post on page 4 is my answer to this retarded post of yours. I'm outta here.

• Upvote 1

It was a pointless video. wandy only spoke up so he can take the take back to brazil and feel like a star defending Brazil. Chael looked down on him and rolled his eyes. everyone sees what they want to see in the video.

I see Chael looking down and then turning down the jokes on Brazil. He didn't really roll his eyes at any point in that video. He didn't look good in the video, really.

• Upvote 1

So you clearly dont realize he is playing a character. Here is a hint. You are mad because he wants you to be mad.

Who said I am mad? I said I dislike him or to be more accurate I have no respect for him. It did nothing to effect whether or not I bought the PPV. There is a difference. In the Wandy video he was trying to be polite and say he respected Brasil and and respected Wandy's feelings. I doubt he was scared, but that is how he handled it. Then, as soon as he got away from Wandy he went straight onto the internet and started trash talking him about that very incident. If he is going to try and be respectful to Wandy's face he should do the same in public, but if he is going to show such disrespect in public he should have the character to be the same when Wandy is in the room or car injured or not. Now, he is claiming Wandy set him up by talking so quietly he couldn't hear him and ambushed him by posting the video when anyone who saw the video and subsequent rant by Sonnen knows that is not the case. Time after time Sonnen has shown a lack of character, and I am calling it as I see it.

I still wanted him to beat Jones though I knew the chances of God being real would be higher than that ever happening. Jones has started to show more maturity lately and less of that false humbleness, so maybe he might finally be on the right track to earn back some of the fans he lost.

Who said I am mad? I said I dislike him or to be more accurate I have no respect for him. It did nothing to effect whether or not I bought the PPV. There is a difference. In the Wandy video he was trying to be polite and say he respected Brasil and and respected Wandy's feelings. I doubt he was scared, but that is how he handled it. Then, as soon as he got away from Wandy he went straight onto the internet and started trash talking him about that very incident. If he is going to try and be respectful to Wandy's face he should do the same in public, but if he is going to show such disrespect in public he should have the character to be the same when Wandy is in the room or car injured or not. Now, he is claiming Wandy set him up by talking so quietly he couldn't hear him and ambushed him by posting the video when anyone who saw the video and subsequent rant by Sonnen knows that is not the case. Time after time Sonnen has shown a lack of character, and I am calling it as I see it.

I still wanted him to beat Jones though I knew the chances of God being real would be higher than that ever happening. Jones has started to show more maturity lately and less of that false humbleness, so maybe he might finally be on the right track to earn back some of the fans he lost.

That is dumb. He wasnt in character when he was with Wandy. It was a personal setting. We all know how he really is. We saw that on TUF and how he treated the fighters and Jones himself. So he is supposed to not hype the fight and go away from his persona just because he is nice to people? Thats stupid. Maybe Wandy should jusge him based on how he was treated in person and not how he sells fights? His trashing of Brazil made Anderson Silva shit pile of money that he wouldnt have made otherwise and it will make wandy money too. If Wandy was legit he would track Chael down after his threats and back up his trash talk. Is Wandy now a liar? Why did he make the threats and Chael do exactly what he said not to and didnt do anything? Am i to assume Wandy is a coward? Or everything he said in the van was bullshit? Both guys did the opposite of what they did in the van. The difference was Chael is respectful in person and is just selling the fights and Wandy is just an opportunist playing it up for the camera and did so by being a prick in a personal setting. Chael meets a lot of fighters on the set of Fuel tv. He gets along great with them all because he treats them right and they know he is a good guy selling fights. None of them have ever taken his comments seriously and been a prick in real life. Most of them were guys he has fought.

Can't maintain the patience to deal with you in anything greater than the smallest of doses, so I choose not to.

No patience or Small attention span? Both are a sign of little intelligence!

That is dumb. He wasnt in character when he was with Wandy. It was a personal setting. We all know how he really is. We saw that on TUF and how he treated the fighters and Jones himself. So he is supposed to not hype the fight and go away from his persona just because he is nice to people? Thats stupid. Maybe Wandy should jusge him based on how he was treated in person and not how he sells fights? His trashing of Brazil made Anderson Silva shit pile of money that he wouldnt have made otherwise and it will make wandy money too. If Wandy was legit he would track Chael down after his threats and back up his trash talk. Is Wandy now a liar? Why did he make the threats and Chael do exactly what he said not to and didnt do anything? Am i to assume Wandy is a coward? Or everything he said in the van was bullshit? Both guys did the opposite of what they did in the van. The difference was Chael is respectful in person and is just selling the fights and Wandy is just an opportunist playing it up for the camera and did so by being a prick in a personal setting. Chael meets a lot of fighters on the set of Fuel tv. He gets along great with them all because he treats them right and they know he is a good guy selling fights. None of them have ever taken his comments seriously and been a prick in real life. Most of them were guys he has fought.

you are one of the dumbest people ive ever seen. youre defending chael being bitched out in public...on video...with some of the dumbest arguments ever. theyre both professional fighters...of course they arent gonna fight anywhere other than an octagon. wanderlei simply called chael out on his idiotic remarks, which chael responded to with nothing more than smiles and saying "sure" repeatedly. did you think they were about to fist fight in the back of the van? of course not, idiot. chael couldve at least defended himself a bit better, but he sat on his thumbs and fumbled over his words like a teenage boy attempting to talk to his crush.

is chael a good guy? i'm sure he is. i love chael. i loved his coaching on tuf, and i recognize that much of his trash talk is just talk. regardless of that...he still disrespected several brazilian fighters and brazil itself for a few years. jokes only go so far. it's like the guy who makes mom jokes to frequently, and then it gets serious one day.

the fact is is that wanderlei called chael out on his BS, and chael had nothing to say about it when he was confronted about it. youre just a chael fanboy gargling his nutsack in your mouth as we speak.

• Upvote 1

you are one of the dumbest people ive ever seen. youre defending chael being bitched out in public...on video...with some of the dumbest arguments ever. theyre both professional fighters...of course they arent gonna fight anywhere other than an octagon. wanderlei simply called chael out on his idiotic remarks, which chael responded to with nothing more than smiles and saying "sure" repeatedly. did you think they were about to fist fight in the back of the van? of course not, idiot. chael couldve at least defended himself a bit better, but he sat on his thumbs and fumbled over his words like a teenage boy attempting to talk to his crush.

is chael a good guy? i'm sure he is. i love chael. i loved his coaching on tuf, and i recognize that much of his trash talk is just talk. regardless of that...he still disrespected several brazilian fighters and brazil itself for a few years. jokes only go so far. it's like the guy who makes mom jokes to frequently, and then it gets serious one day.

the fact is is that wanderlei called chael out on his BS, and chael had nothing to say about it when he was confronted about it. youre just a chael fanboy gargling his nutsack in your mouth as we speak.

really? When did you see me? That's right. Talking out your ass again. Silva is a slum bum like Chael said he was. That's why Chael didn't talk back to him. He pretty much confirmed it. Why would Chael say anything back to him if Chael doesn't really believe it? You expect him to attack Silva just to defend a character he doesn't agree with? Or is he supposed to confess it is all an act like he is scared? He did exactly what he should have done. Humor Silva knowing he cant do anything about it. Chael didn't miss a beat. You cant be punked if you are not scared of someone. Chael is now asking for the fight and will shit talk him and Silva will be the one who got punked because he will not do anything about it. Im sure some Brazilians fighters feelings were hurt during the promotion of Chael fights. There is nothing keeping them from getting in the cage with him. That's exactly what he wants and they wont do it. Even Belfort after talking shit after his last fight. Made it clear he wasn't calling Chael out and didn't want that fight. If Silva was smart he would do the same. Silva imo is a nice guy. But he tries to live up his tough guy persona that isn't real. He tried to play up his character and bully Chael and the only thing it accomplished was getting his ass kicked. Hopefully on Aug 17 in Boston. I will be live in my suite watching it go down. 7 in the West, 10 in the East only on....FSN 1. Check your local listings!

I LOVED sonnen. til this last fight. now i am pissed at him. i want to redo this poll to see if others have changed their minds also, or if they still feel the same.