Testing new fighters for hiddens

yep I just created like 3 guys within minutes of each other and they all drop at different rates...albeit very minor. I kno PBR has had guys drop quite a bit which I always thought was very odd but maybe they really were super shitty confidence guys

Pretty damn sure, but not 100% positive, that non-confident guys drop quicker than others.

Are you sure you've completed a fair test though? Same gym, same training type (eg always 1 on 1 coaching), same change of clothes time, etc?

Ultimately I can only go on personal experience, and I've seen fighters of mine (under those conditions) maintain identical morale levels to each other (to 2 decimal places, visible on Tycoon Assistant, anyway) for weeks after they were created. So either these fighters happen to have the same confidence hidden (probability of that is incredibly small, but obviously not impossible - 1 in 3,375,000 when creating three fighters simultaneously) or confidence doesn't affect morale drops from training.

• Downvote 2

Virtually certain that is entirely false. Try creating a number of new fighters at exactly the same time, training in the same gym, under the same conditions. Then you'll see their morale drop by identical amounts session after session.

No it is true from what i see. I have created a bunch of guys at once multiple times over the years and i always find that the more confident guys lose less morale. I wouldnt say there is a cut off point but if a guy drops quickly in morale while training i usually put it down to confidence.

Great info Erik, appreciate it, especially the Granite Chin label eclipsing lesser ones. The heart part of the morale bar is a new one to me though, I've only heard confidence thus far.

That's because he's wrong about that. Heart and Confidence are completely separate and a total loss of morale means only low Confidence. I can prove it too. This guy: http://mmatycoon.com/fighterfightcommentary.php?FID=107451 used to belong to me. Showed Big Heart but needed to be put on suicide watch after each loss.

what do you all think about this theory. if your guy gets stopped due to TKO more often than KO he might be doing a chael sonnen and just curling up instead of fighting back. And if he gets KO'd then he keeps banging till his lights go out? just a thought, I personally have got no real stats to back this up or anything.

what do you all think about this theory. if your guy gets stopped due to TKO more often than KO he might be doing a chael sonnen and just curling up instead of fighting back. And if he gets KO'd then he keeps banging till his lights go out? just a thought, I personally have got no real stats to back this up or anything.

Heart - A fighter with a big heart will be TKO'd less easily. They will also become MORE dangerous if they are hurt.

Chin - Maaaaark Hunto des! Good chin = difficult to KO.

• Upvote 1

i had a guy once who was dropping morale like mad with guys who were all created the same time in the same gym he was losing morale in training for some unexplained reason...i almost cut him thinking he had to have awful morale.

instead i took a fight with him, guess what he popped self confident and only losses 8% or so of morale after a loss....so i think the morale dropping in training thing isnt as certain as what you all think.

I usually train them a couple of weeks and then fight them to see their hiddens. Some guys lose on PURPOSE just to see how good their fighters confidence is. Can't really do that myself since I hate losing so much, so losing on purpose is not an option for me, and I really dont respect losing on purpose either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

Given the fact how learning hidden can be found out after first training session (scripts), i dont advise checking it. If it's too unbearable cut him.

and for the love of god, if he cuts like a bitch, cut him also or you'll have <3 min bloodbath losses...even granite chin wont save ya :P

jigoro kane, arguably the greatest in tycoon history, was a "cuts easy" fighter...worked out for him lol