The Island Season 1 - Gameplay Discussion

Will we be able to have 2 companies on the Island? (Having one company on Island and one off island)

Not right now, but could be implemented depending on how this plays out. - Mike

(Had to make post look legit for gif lol)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vpE6uMJ37dk/UOScrne47aI/AAAAAAAAEL4/Ki-4IWO-SoY/s1600/ron-paul.gif

Mike admin note: That's an interesting interpretation of "No, we won't do that unless we can't fill it normally" :P

• Upvote 1

couple questions here

1 if we open a company and for some reason it goes bankrupt would we or could we lose vip over it (like we do in main game)

2 can someone with a company in main game open a company on the island also -- and maybe choose which company to keep after the 6 months

3 say a manager has his limit of fighters already (be it 10-15-20) -- could he still create a fighter there and after the 6 months if he wants to keep him cut someone from his primary roster

4 can a manager create a company and fighters there and have no intention of keeping them at all thus none count against his main game account nor able to take or keep any money from the island game side

i guess 4 is more of a suggestion maybe depending on other answers -- sorry if any of these have been answered in other thread and i missed them

edited: example like me i would like to open company and couple fighters to help get it rolling but would have no interest in keeping the company or fighters and would rather just after 6 months they get deleted -- cause i have company and full limit of fighters now

• Upvote 1

So, as of right now, can unlimited amounts of money be put into an island org or company at first start? I feel like that could be problematic. That would be my main question, is how much can companies orgs start with. Because if its like, let's say unlimited, then fighters are just gonna be rich. Right?

This from the other thread

What this means

- You will be able to create fighters or companies here but they will have to be totally financially independent. You will not be able to take money from or give money to anything or anyone in this city.

- I am undecided as to whether any managers will be able to base themselves there. Established managers will not be able to but perhaps new managers can.

- At the end of the 6 month period, all fighters and companies (and managers if they are allowed there) will be moved out of the city into other cities.

- At the end of that 6 months, we'll award trophies etc.

- Essentially it's just an isolated city where you can create fighters and companies which have to live off the money they earn themselves - no manager money coming in from external sources.

I think he decided against letting a manager be based there not sure though

I'm just saying. You put a million into an org/company (at start). And you give out $50,000 contracts. I mean, if you are an org on the island you still give out contracts right? And if you can put unlimited amounts of money in at start, you could just put as much as you wanted into it from the beginning. You wouldn't need to continue any manager transferring after that first initial sum.

You can't deposit anything on startup. I actually forgot that you could even do that in the first place but I have blocked that now :) Luckily the only person who has a company set up only deposited $2,500 so I will give that back to him.

If we want to set a limit for deposits to a sensible level (above 0) too, I'm happy to do that.

Regarding a company going bankrupt, we need to figure out what to do with that situation. At the moment the company just gets auto-bailed out once a week from the manager's account. That kind of defeats the object of the Island because you could just run the company at a loss. So we need to have a different system in place for if a company is in debt. Any preferences? Closure / auto-loan / manager bail out up to x dollars etc?

I would love to start an org in the island. However, i do not want to give up my private alliance gym. I think most of us are in the same boat.

Is everyone missing the point of "The Island" entirely? I see one gym that's 500 a week and another with promises of elite coaches when profits go up. It's not a main-game gym guys! Get a brain and realize you can't afford elite coaches and no one on the island will ever be able to afford 500 a week training. I see most guys have around 1200-1700 hundred so that must be you don't start with much and eating a 1/4 of that with signup fees and then getting 2 weeks in of training before running out of cash completely is not going to evolve this experiment. I don't see why any VIP would choose to run a business there either. Again, I agree with J666, like trading an xbox for an atari.

How about you charge a fee to let people open a second company on the island? $5 for a gym, $5 for a sup/clothing, $10 for an org. And so no one is butthurt too bad when it closes maybe that fee gives you a voucher that let's you open a company for 3 rounds of the island or something. Just a thought.