Why I feel GSP could not out grapple Ronda Rousey

So me and my friends were having a talk about grapplers in MMA and I brought up the fact that Ronda Rousey had some of the best Judo in the game today. I said that she could armbar GSP, they answered me with laughs. But it's the cold hard truth that if him and her had a grappling match I think she could take him. First off she is very flexible and can lock up submissions from many different angles, also GSP might try to out muscle her if they locked up while Ronda would use straight tecqnique and catch him in something. The biggest reason I think she could out grapple him though is that her Judo degree is way higher than his so I don't think he would stand a chance.

• Downvote 5

I respect your point, but c'mon now, I know Ronda has some mad Judo and BJJ skills, but GSP is like how many pounds over Ronda? I mean at the end of the day, brute strength is brute strength. No matter what technique she uses, GSP has enough power, no to mention BJJ experience to get out of one of those nasty arm bars. (im sorry if I sound sexist here) but that's just how I see it.

Plus, regarding her experience lead over GSP's BJJ, last time I heard people St. Pierre had no wrestling background whatsoever, and look how he dominates any WW in that regard.

But in reality, Im pretty sure Ronda would like to put GSP in one of those holds. I mean, the girl despises him, even criticized the way GSP fights.

• Upvote 1

I hear 1960s Boy Wonder wants to fight the winner

http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/02/burtwardjpga1ab36f0-e1341543760953.jpg

I'd let Ronda out grapple me all day... and night...

I dont know about that. If she felt a bit crazy on top I'd be scared that her instincts would take over and suddenly she'd just armbar the f out of you. :D :D

It's lucky she isn't into heelhooks, because I have a foot for her.

Of penis. That's a penis joke.

Except it is really that long, that part isn't the joke.

• Upvote 3

It's lucky she isn't into heelhooks, because I have a foot for her.

Of penis. That's a penis joke.

Except it is really that long, that part isn't the joke.

I can confirm every inch of this.

gsp could let her start in a fully extended arm bar position and still not be in danger. get some time on the mat then start thinking of ideas later...

I'm pretty sure that Rhonda would submit GSP via armbar in a pure grappling fight. The only reason Gsp would be able to grapple with her is due to his fitness but look how Rhonda moves while grappling and executing her armbar, she does it so fluidly. Comparison, She is probably more skilled doing armbars than a guy is jerking himself off.

Not me, what I pack looks like a baby's arm holding an apple so it would still technically be an armbar, and if you want to talk about fluid...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Best mma male wrestler vs best fenale judo practitioner oh and hes 50+lbs heavier.

I wouldcwant her to put me in a triangle though

granted, Gegard is probably 30-40lbs heavier than GSP but still...do you think Gegard's MMA wrestling is better than GSP's???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xjs2fWJEs

I can't agree with you OP, Mousasi outgrappled Rhonda and GSP is a freak of nature, before you say Mousasi is a bigger fighter you have to keep in mind GSP regularly trains with guys like Rashad and Jon Jones from time to time at Jacksons so I think he's use to throwing guys around that are bigger than him.

Rhonda wouldn't stand a chance as GSP is both skilled and strong.

granted, Gegard is probably 30-40lbs heavier than GSP but still...do you think Gegard's MMA wrestling is better than GSP's???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xjs2fWJEs

Offensively, it's pretty damn close; and Gegard would be more like 20 pounds heavier. But that video tells us nothing as he's pretty obviously not going hard.