Private vs Public gym, really THAT big of a difference?

Acoustic

I was taking a look at the champion of one of my fighters 195k+ orgs and his primaries look too good:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=195069

Wtf is that about?

My fighter has spent the majority of his career training and his stats look so:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=195254

Has the other guy just sparred his entire career and his secondaries look like shit or what? If private gyms make that big of a difference what's the point in even trying?

there is an advantage to one on one training compared to 3 and 4 to 1 training -- sparring how ever is better with larger class now instead of 2 -- i would say he probably has done lots of sparring but also learning hidden could have a big impact also

• Upvote 2

1 on 1 training makes quite a difference. If you're training someone in 1 on 1 training sessions, he'll get skills pretty quickly unless he's a slow learner. As soon as I see someone in a private 1 on 1 gym, I usually try and avoid fighting them as they'll basically always have better skills than your fighter even if your fighter has a slightly higher ID.

It's probably why I've never won a title with any of my fighters. I can only get them so far up the rankings before they meet a 1 on 1 training fighter.

I used to run a private gym which had a rent a coach system, made a lot of money but changed it to a public gym to give those who needed a better quality public gym a place to train.

Edit:

Realised I've actually won a title before, was a good while ago. I'm 1-7 in title fights.

• Upvote 2

That 21 year old primaries ar very weak he probavly havent even done single sparring session. You basicly cant even compare private vs public trainings its like 3 times or more faster. When I first time got to private training I was kinda shocked when I understand what kinda secondaries other fihters have. By looking at that 21 year old he probably have like 3-4 Elite secondaries. And this is only now lets see what happens with these 16 year olds I think we will have all around Elite stats in this year on few of them.

1 on 1 training makes quite a difference. If you're training someone in 1 on 1 training sessions, he'll get skills pretty quickly unless he's a slow learner.

I thought that after the major gym changes happened a number of months ago, 2 person training sessions were made to be more effective than 1 person training sessions in order to take some of the advantage away from this training style.

I think the biggest things is if you don't micro manage in a public gym, your really gonna make it worse. set training and pick low session classes for the week, only to find 2 days later your 2 on 1 sessions went to 5 on 1.

There are public gyms that give reasonable training, but you have to stay on top of sessions for sure to get the max you can.