Hidden Primaries island

BigJoeSullivan

I think it would be great if there was another Island. Instead of having money being separate from the rest of the world. Have the primaries of all the fighters remain hidden. The only way of knowing what your opponent might be good at is to look at his previous fight stats and guess what he seems to be good with. Fighters on this Island would only be 'natives'. They cannot come from the regular world and must start there. They could leave but never return because once they left their primaries would have to be public.

I think this would bring a new element of realism to the experience. It would also make match making very easy. You just go by ranking/hype.

• Upvote 1

This sounds cool but I think the initial difficulty for some new users will be the very first fight. If they battle an opponent who has no fight history, it's truly a shot in the dark. That doesn't bother some but others may not share that sentiment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

yea fighting a debut fighter would be risky but that is true in the real world. Whenever possible you would want to pit debut guys against each other. I was thinking this would be more for experienced managers rather than brand new ones. Trying to figure your opponent just based on stats from previous fights would obviously be difficult for a new manager to handle. i think anyone who is successful already does this anyway. Just because someone has high MT you don't really know if they are a clincher or kicker or if a ground guy has more GnP or submission skill until you look into their fight history.

• Upvote 1

Good point about having a debut fight be an enigma. That would be a good test of attempting to determine how attribute points have been distributed amongst the various skills and primaries then take a stab at the Sliders once the fight arrives.

That's a cool idea actually because people who want to have a fighter or two focused on specific areas that seem to be prolematic, or just plain fun, for their particular style of fighters can focus solely on that area and develop their understanding and ability of that aspect of the game.