What if the accident didn't happen?

There have been some fighters that had the world ahead of them but then they were forever changed because of big injuries or accidents two that come to mind is Will Ribeiro and Frank Mir. I personally felt Mir still hs not Fully recovered and will never be the same when he came back he just was not the world beater we knew him to be. Will Ribeiro on the other hand had to retire and never got to fully fulfill his potential which could have been a Bantamweight title. How do you guys think there careers would have turned out and are there any others who this has hapened too?

i use to say the wreck also screwed mir up but now im not so sure -- i think it really did first couple fights but since then just seems to be him, he thinks he is a world class boxer but he isnt -- now maybe he has had to rely on boxing cause knee or leg just cant shoot for takedown anymore but he always trys to stand and his chin lets him down

No mention of Nog? How would he be without his accident?

Which accident? The broken arm or the one where he was in a coma and he got ribs removed

He got hit by a truck when he was a kid. That's why he has a dent in his back.

OH that one yeah i dont think we could ever no because nobody ever saw him fight up until that point. Mir and Ribeiro on the other hand were visibally diffent in there in cage performances. well not Rebiero cause he retired.

Some fighters (or any athletes) can be better for a horrific accident to happen when they are young.

Shane Warne talks about the accident he had when he was a child. That inactivity inspired him to become the cricketer he would become. Obviously he might have been better if it hadn't happened, but it could have given him the drive he would not have had otherwise.

As for Frank Mir, I think he was badly effected. He was incredibly raw before the accident but what he was a shockingly fluid around the cage. He has been a plodder ever since.

The one person who comes to mind for accidents is Brock Lesnar. Raw, powerful but clueless, His diverticulitis came at the point where he finally looked like he might just learn some ring craft. He didn't have the desire to compete when he returned and it wasn't surprising that he left the sport so soon after. Had that illness not happened, he may have been more than a novelty act.

Not an accident, but I think Blagoi Ivanov was probably on his way to the Bellator HW belt before he got stabbed.

But the best example I can think of is Hayato Sakurai, was just never the same after his car accident (which was after his loss to Anderson Silva of all people!).

Ye as no body knows what nog was like before he got hit by a truck its hard to say whether or not he would of been different

But it is safe to say when they start removing ribs and part of his lungs he likely didn't reach his full potential. With what he did accomplish could you imagine what he could have been without the accident? Would he still look twice his age?

But it is safe to say when they start removing ribs and part of his lungs he likely didn't reach his full potential. With what he did accomplish could you imagine what he could have been without the accident? Would he still look twice his age?

Well his twin looks twice his age too.. so I'm going with yes.