..Err about to get wrecked in QFC.

I don't think I would go that high. Most guys only test new fighters with QFC, that or mainly new managers. I would say go with most skill points that you can get at creation of the oldest fighter, I think it is 25? Then add a few points to allow for some training.

The problem with setting the number too low would be excluding 25 year olds too quickly. Below is the reasoning behind the number I put up.

A 25 year old has 175 points for physicals, 500 for secondaries and 250 for physicals. A total of 925. Added to this is a mandatory 23 points (1 for each stat) that is automatically added to the fighter on creation.

This falls into the QFC 1 category of under 1000 points.

Assuming this fighter starts with 1 and 10 and takes those up to wonderful, then that fighter will have approximately 1170 points. An additional 250 (or 280 precisely) points training for a 25 year old in 1 in 5 sessions or 2 and a half star sparring from this point would take approximately 2 in game years (before going over the 1450 limit).

Conveniently, an 18 year old with decent learning speed who can access 1 in 3 or better training should also be reaching the 1450 limit in that combined (cardio and strength plus other training time) as the 25 year old. Of course all fighters are different so this is an estimate.

Hopefully this should make the system as even as possible.

• Upvote 1

The problem with setting the number too low would be excluding 25 year olds too quickly. Below is the reasoning behind the number I put up.

A 25 year old has 175 points for physicals, 500 for secondaries and 250 for physicals. A total of 925. Added to this is a mandatory 23 points (1 for each stat) that is automatically added to the fighter on creation.

This falls into the QFC 1 category of under 1000 points.

Assuming this fighter starts with 1 and 10 and takes those up to wonderful, then that fighter will have approximately 1170 points. An additional 250 (or 280 precisely) points training for a 25 year old in 1 in 5 sessions or 2 and a half star sparring from this point would take approximately 2 in game years (before going over the 1450 limit).

Conveniently, an 18 year old with decent learning speed who can access 1 in 3 or better training should also be reaching the 1450 limit in that combined (cardio and strength plus other training time) as the 25 year old. Of course all fighters are different so this is an estimate.

Hopefully this should make the system as even as possible.

I never stopped to do the numbers, just looked at the skills you said. When you put it that way it don't sound bad. Sorry I am kind of slow at times.

It's unfortunate for you but to be honest I don't think Steel Penn has done anything wrong, if you sign up for a level 2 fight you have to accept the possibility that you'll come up against a superior fighter.

Yes you are right, he did nothing wrong. I don't think most on here are saying he was wrong, I took it more as a way to improve the QFC. But then again some people will turn on Steel Pen no matter what he does. I for one have never had a problem with him.

• Upvote 1

I never stopped to do the numbers, just looked at the skills you said. When you put it that way it don't sound bad. Sorry I am kind of slow at times.

You were perfectly right to question my working, I should have been more precise when I made the suggestion.

Of course, it may be that the masses want something different. This is only one idea.

Note we can move the other boundary too.

By other boundary, I assume you mean the Level 1 QFC? If so, I vote for that completely. I think it's ridiculous that people can create 25 yr olds and just use them to rape QFC 1 18yr olds for 5 fights and then rinse and repeat. So if we could do that, I'd be all for it. Personally, I think the QFC 1 skill cap should be set around the creation points for a 22 yr old.

• Upvote 1

The original 1000 point level was set so that new players coming into the game could fight immediately at the lowest possible level without being penalised.

This figure could be moved down to 950 and the same service could happen but any training would then jump them into the level two events.

I have an issue taking the limit down lower as it only really helps veteran players who are looking to test the hiddens of their new projects. It should be a gamble whether it is worth putting out your freshly created guy out and learn his hiddens or if you should wait, invest time and money in training and risk finding out that he has mutton for brains and spam for a chin.

Yeah, there definitely needs to be a skill cap on level two QFC's. Since I came back I booked two QFC's for my guys that could take them just to get a fight for them. Both of the fights are heavily in favor of me. I have a Excep/Superb/Sens/Brown vs a Remark/Useless/Abysmal/Blue and a Sens/Sens/Wond/Black vs. Wond/Use/Use/Blue. Neither of those fights are even close to fair.

Realistically I think QFC is good the way it is, if there wouldn't be enough use of a 3rd tier for mike to make one. So in that case, maybe mike could add a warning pop up if you try to enter level 2 as a warning. Maybe noobs don't see or realize there is a level 2 or just miss their fighter is level 2 and book the fight and get a beast.

I think the warning would help.

Slow down there!

Another reason for doing QFC's is to reset tickers for guys being used for sparring and training. Sometimes we dont want these guys in an org but would like to be able to fight them when we want to. We maybe just meaning me.

Maybe there are other options.

QFC doesnt need to be in every city. It could just be in a central location where all QFC's take place. Whatever city that is or make a new one. Fighters could be flown there by the QFC private jet. Military grade that flys at supersonic speed which would take very little time and no energy loss. The Strippers on the plane could even boost morale and could be provided by The Broken Halo Pride's Shaolin Strip :us: which I still hope to open in Vegas some day.

With this option there would be enough fighters to split into more than 3 levels and EVERYONE with an eligible fighter could get a fight in a couple of days instead of hassling with org contracts and waiting weeks for a fight etc.

Part of the changes last time were instituted in order to get more guys fighting more often and something along these lines would be much more effective at doing that than putting a cap on QFC's. A cap on QFC's might even wind up being a wash. Guys with less skills may do more fights but the guys with more skills couldnt do any. Althugh doubtful it could even make for less fights if more guys with lesser skills dont do QFC's AND the higher skilled can't.

:angel: The Broken Halo Pride's Shaolin Strip

Nobody leaves here with their halo intact! :rolling:

• Upvote 1

Let me say that the fighter in question has been a free agent on the market for a few fights now and has no offers from orgs. Here is why, his hype is low and his record high so with all these ID restricted orgs everywhere its hard to get him a good match up that an org wants. Would you want one of you good fighters who is 7 or 8-0 on the rise to fight my fighter who has no hype? You win you gain nothing you lose you lose, plus the org gets shit hype for the fight as my fighter has no hype.

Can you see why its hard to get him a contract? So I put him in a QFC that he is still eligible to fight in and Im a bad guy. I can not count how many time it was me on the other end looking up at someones monster on this level two QFC but that person was not made out to be a cheat or can crusher. My fighter is also active so this whole, well he sat his fighter for 3 months to let hype drop is just wrong go look at the fighter before talking shit you do not know about.

• Upvote 2

Let me say that the fighter in question has been a free agent on the market for a few fights now and has no offers from orgs. Here is why, his hype is low and his record high so with all these ID restricted orgs everywhere its hard to get him a good match up that an org wants. Would you want one of you good fighters who is 7 or 8-0 on the rise to fight my fighter who has no hype? You win you gain nothing you lose you lose, plus the org gets shit hype for the fight as my fighter has no hype.

Can you see why its hard to get him a contract? So I put him in a QFC that he is still eligible to fight in and Im a bad guy. I can not count how many time it was me on the other end looking up at someones monster on this level two QFC but that person was not made out to be a cheat or can crusher. My fighter is also active so this whole, well he sat his fighter for 3 months to let hype drop is just wrong go look at the fighter before talking shit you do not know about.

Relax, most of us understand and those who don't, well they don't want to. Like I said I hope this is more of a way to improve the QFC.

• Upvote 3

The original 1000 point level was set so that new players coming into the game could fight immediately at the lowest possible level without being penalised.

This figure could be moved down to 950 and the same service could happen but any training would then jump them into the level two events.

I have an issue taking the limit down lower as it only really helps veteran players who are looking to test the hiddens of their new projects. It should be a gamble whether it is worth putting out your freshly created guy out and learn his hiddens or if you should wait, invest time and money in training and risk finding out that he has mutton for brains and spam for a chin.

I don't see how this would help the guys testing projects. When I start a project, I give all skill points to the main skill I want to build and leave everything else at 1. So guys are very lopsided, I normally lose the 1st fight because of that. I know going in. Any new guy, that builds to fight can normally beat them. I am sure I am not the only one who does that.

Slow down there!

Maybe there are other options. QFC doesnt need to be in every city. It could just be in a central location where all QFC's take place. Fighters could be flown there by the QFC private jet that flys at supersonic speed which takes very little time and no energy loss. The strippers on the plane could even boost morale and could be provided by The Broken Halo Prides's Shaolin Strip :us: which I still hope to open some day in Vegas.

With this option there would be enough fighters to split it into more than 3 levels and EVERYONE with an eligible fighter could get a fight in a couple of days instead of hassling with orgs and waiting etc.

Part of the changes last time were to get guys fighting more and something along these lines would be much more effective at doing that than instituting a cap on QFC's. With the cap more guys that have lesser skills might take QFC's but the guys with higher skills couldnt take fights anymore so that may end up being a wash or even having less fights (unlikely).

:angel: The Broken Halo Pride's Shaolin Strip

Nobody leaves here with their halo intact! :rolling:

The obvious question here is why would you want top fighters fighting outside the organisational pyramid?

I love MrClean's idea honestly. Wouldn't think it would be much more programming than the island as it's practically the same thing only with QFC fights instead of all the user created orgs doing the work.

And Cardiff, I understand what you're saying but it's being abused massively. Look at what Humors did when he came back, look at what Steel Penn did when he first joined back, look at Randy Lahey of the Steel Penn alliance past fights and see how he got ranked so high. And those are just recent ones that stick out. There are probably 10 other people doing it right now. QFC level 1 has become a place for bad players to pad records and boost themselves up a broken ranking system.

I agree with the idea you say QFC is meant for, but the execution is just allowing bad players to abuse it.

I don't see how this would help the guys testing projects. When I start a project, I give all skill points to the main skill I want to build and leave everything else at 1. So guys are very lopsided, I normally lose the 1st fight because of that. I know going in. Any new guy, that builds to fight can normally beat them. I am sure I am not the only one who does that.

I suspect I failed to explain myself properly.

My issue would be dropping the QFC 1 limit under 950 (or its current number of 1000) as it would mean that newcomers would be forced into fighting tier two opponents (even if they were limited) immediately. New players should come into the game on the easiest settings and enjoy either a fair match against another newcomer or a lopsided battle against an experienced opponent who may have the skills to circumvent his or her's disadvantages.

Doing so (dropping the limit to somewhere like 770 (as suggested above)) would only advantage experienced fighters looking to test their new guys as the potential whole between the two groups is much smaller and far easier for them to find away around.

I love MrClean's idea honestly. Wouldn't think it would be much more programming than the island as it's practically the same thing only with QFC fights instead of all the user created orgs doing the work.

And Cardiff, I understand what you're saying but it's being abused massively. Look at what Humors did when he came back, look at what Steel Penn did when he first joined back, look at Randy Lahey of the Steel Penn alliance past fights and see how he got ranked so high. And those are just recent ones that stick out. There are probably 10 other people doing it right now. QFC level 1 has become a place for bad players to pad records and boost themselves up a broken ranking system.

I agree with the idea you say QFC is meant for, but the execution is just allowing bad players to abuse it.

That simply sin't a big enough pool of people for that to be worth being aggravated about.

There is an average of around 25 QFC's a day and proportionally around 60% of those are newcomers. The game must capture as many of those as possible. In the grand scale of things, a dozen or bad apples exploiting the system is not good enough reason to do something that will create another barrier from entering the game.

And just the other thing off the top of my head, a newcomer makes a 25 year old and most of the time goes up with their (badly more time than not) built fighter and face off against an experienced manager with a 25 year old with punches, takedown defense and the typical cheap QFC picker build. The newcomer gets his face smashed in by an experienced manager taking advantage of QFC time and time again.

What about different tiers of QFC based on experience level? The people who just joined get people who more recently joined and people who've been around for 2 years get just that. Wouldn't that make more sense than matching up someone who has no clue what they're doing against someone who scavenges the QFC looking for easy wins?

I don't think a change is needed. If you are new and you want to fight right away, you are going to get level 1.

Level 2 is a crap shoot. Sometimes is fairly equal, but most times you either get a can or a killer.

The majority of managers have used QFC to up the hype, either to get a better contract to to get one at all.

I have a low FID fighter with 79 hype who has had 'need contract' checked for several days with no offers.

This is esp important for those who leave and comeback to relearn the engine and get some hype back in the fighters who rotted.

I think this game panders enough to new managers.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

And just the other thing off the top of my head, a newcomer makes a 25 year old and most of the time goes up with their (badly more time than not) built fighter and face off against an experienced manager with a 25 year old with punches, takedown defense and the typical cheap QFC picker build. The newcomer gets his face smashed in by an experienced manager taking advantage of QFC time and time again.

What about different tiers of QFC based on experience level? The people who just joined get people who more recently joined and people who've been around for 2 years get just that. Wouldn't that make more sense than matching up someone who has no clue what they're doing against someone who scavenges the QFC looking for easy wins?

I think the idea of having some sort of separation on experience is a cracking idea.

Simply changing the age down wouldn't stop scavengers anyway as they would simply build well made 22 year olds instead of 25 year olds like they did before the changes.

Going to a manager ranking may be a way to keep people from picking apart noobs, but I still think the skill cap needs to be lowered on level 2. Maybe just do 2 different levels of managers, anyone under a year has level 1, and a lower skilled level 2. Then anyone who has been here over a year has the QFC as it is now. After a year you should know the chance of getting a beast at level 2. If a person is new and gets a higher then skill cap on level 2 would just have to take his chances in the level 2 as is now.

I think the idea of having some sort of separation on experience is a cracking idea.

Simply changing the age down wouldn't stop scavengers anyway as they would simply build well made 22 year olds instead of 25 year olds like they did before the changes.

This is true, it'd just be a little more even for the ones who built 18-22 year olds.

I was just thinking of how they separate the rankings between rookie, intermediate and experienced and figured why can't we do that with QFC's? Then the established fight the established and it's a more fair fight typically with both managers have some experience and the rookies fight the rookies giving them a better chance to learn against others who are learning with them. Just makes sense in my eyes.

Would it be possible to have the city restrictions of qfc be taken away? Maybe that way a 3rd tier for more skilled guys could work.

For example a MW LV qfc fighter can fight a MW Helsinki qfc fighter. Fight could take place in QFC Arena or w/e made up thing, but would require neither fighter to move from their current location.

You get a more active qfc and you can add a 3rd tier for the more advanced guys. It would still be capped at 75 hype.

• Upvote 1

That simply sin't a big enough pool of people for that to be worth being aggravated about.

There is an average of around 25 QFC's a day and proportionally around 60% of those are newcomers. The game must capture as many of those as possible. In the grand scale of things, a dozen or bad apples exploiting the system is not good enough reason to do something that will create another barrier from entering the game.

In response to your first question; obviously I dont care for organizational structure and I find orgs restrictive. Mabye you missed my explanation as to why since I edited it in probably after your response. Go back and look at it.

What I dont see is how this would as you put it "create another barrier from entering the game." Maybe you could elaborate.