..Err about to get wrecked in QFC.

In response to your first question; obviously I dont care for organizational structure and I find orgs restrictive. Mabye you missed my explanation as to why since I edited it in probably after your response. Go back and look at it.

What I dont see is how this would as you put it "create another barrier from entering the game." Maybe you could elaborate.

When I first played, which was some time ago, someone rather wise told me that QFC's were only there for getting a fighter started. Orgs were people powered and if QFC's became too powerful no one would bother with them and the game would have even bigger problems. There has always been a level of truth about this.

The fact is new players want to be able to win. A manager who wins relatively often is more likely to stick around. The longer they stick around the higher the chance they will buy VIP. The more money the games owner has, the more he can invest in making the game better for everyone.

Keeping the game immediately accessible to newcomers is key for everyone.

• Upvote 2

I've gone through the qfc's list to look at how common unfair match ups are. Obviously I can only judge from the limited evidence I saw and went through this rather quickly.

I reckon around 65% are lopsided.

30% of those are managers testing new builds hiddens at level 1.

30% are poorly built fighters against better built guys at level 1. This does not mean the other manager is experienced, it mainly second generation fighters from managers with less than 30 total fights.

5% Uneven matches at level 2

Of this I have only seen once definite example of someone exploiting the system.

If these are accurate (as this is one sample size looked rather briskly examined) then it would suggest that the current system doesn't need too much altering, despite what I may have typed before.

• Upvote 1

The problem with using current data as a definitive answer is that it doesn't take into account what would change if alterations were made. Speaking for myself, I never enter my fighters into Lvl 2 QFCs because of this very reason. I've literally never won a single one. I always draw a monster and my guy gets destroyed. Having said that, there does need to be something that can be done for "black hole" fighters (high skills, low hype). I think the best approach would be to skill cap Lvl 2, and then any would-be QFC fighter above that cap would be put into a worldwide QFC system so they would still have a means of boosting their low hype.

• Upvote 1

The problem with using current data as a definitive answer is that it doesn't take into account what would change if alterations were made. Speaking for myself, I never enter my fighters into Lvl 2 QFCs because of this very reason. I've literally never won a single one. I always draw a monster and my guy gets destroyed. Having said that, there does need to be something that can be done for "black hole" fighters (high skills, low hype). I think the best approach would be to skill cap Lvl 2, and then any would-be QFC fighter above that cap would be put into a worldwide QFC system so they would still have a means of boosting their low hype.

I like that idea i had a 213k guy of mine get stomped by a 63k a month or so ago. the brand new 25 year olds can whoop the new 18 yrs to pretty easily so that need to be addressed also as someone mentioned before

When I first played, which was some time ago, someone rather wise told me that QFC's were only there for getting a fighter started. Orgs were people powered and if QFC's became too powerful no one would bother with them and the game would have even bigger problems. There has always been a level of truth about this.

The fact is new players want to be able to win. A manager who wins relatively often is more likely to stick around. The longer they stick around the higher the chance they will buy VIP. The more money the games owner has, the more he can invest in making the game better for everyone.

Keeping the game immediately accessible to newcomers is key for everyone.

Thanks for the explanation. Mostly i was trying to help steer the discussion into how to improve QFC's and the game by putting out new ideas and hoping others would as well. Oh, and a shameless plug for my dream of a new line of businesses; Shaolin Strip. You have information that I dont. I am training a lot of new fighters since i sacked most of mine last year. What I see is a ton of guys waiting for fights in different cities.

I disagree with the guy who said 25 year olds are easily stomping 18 year olds. I have found that with a few circuit sessions (not saying how many) your 18 year old has better physicals than a new 25 year old. A few well placed coach classes and an 18 year old can win against a 25 year old in a level 1 QFC. A little tweaking could make this more even for the average player but it doesnt need much IMO. In fact I actually feel guilty about taking level 1 QFC's with my new fighters. It is by far the best way to test whether a fighter is worth keeping but I am conscious of the fact that stomping new managers isnt going to encourage them to stay in the game. I have been sending messages to them about how to improve their sliders for the future. I have received some positive responses with this approach.

Ive always wondered why do all the QFC tournaments have to be only for new creations? Why not open up some high skill/low hype restricted tournaments? Lower the skill caps for tier 1 & 2 QFC matches and open up some tournaments for the fighters that are over the tier 2 skill limit and have under 75 hype.

The fighters don't have to be located in the same city as the tournament like the regular QFC matches so that should solve the problem of not enough high skilled fighters in the same city to fight each other.

I guess the down side is that tournaments like that are meant to take place in user run organizations but like Steel Penn pointed out, nobody wants to sign the high skill/low hype fighters.

• Upvote 1

ok.. so guess how the fight went?

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Moai tries to move into range but Steel Penn moves to the side and lands with a nice right hand.

Steel Penn lands with a thumping leg kick.

Moai drops his hands momentarily and Steel Penn takes advantage with a crisp shot to the head.

Steel Penn lands with a kick to the temple. Moai shrugs as if to say "is that all you've got?"

Steel Penn wings a very wild body shot but it does the job and lands to the midsection.

The fans in attendance giving it up for the two fighters, who have really let it all hang out in the last minute or so!

Steel Penn throws a good cross that connects.

Steel Penn tries a head kick but it misses.

Steel Penn fails with a takedown attempt.

Moai gets cracked there but stands up to it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked.gif

Moai is rocked!

Steel Penn seems to be stalking Moai here. He circles momentarily and then unleashes a devastatic head kick! Moai drops like a stone, out cold! WOW! Are you kidding me!? What a knockout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:05 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Head Kick). Sith Steel Penn!

After the fight, Sith Steel Penn was humble in paying tribute to his opponent but made it clear he wants to go on to bigger and better things. It seemed to go down well with the crowd who cheered him loudly.

----

So figures..

I had another noobie fighter on QFC waiting... I was just about to cancel the wait... then I got another....

Leto Savish (211828) my fighter.

Leto has Proficient boxing, Mediocre Muay Thai, Competent wrestling and holds a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

vs

Jinhai Yoshida (117271)

Jinhai has Sensational boxing, Sensational Muay Thai, Wonderful wrestling and holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

----

Yahh..

Last time I participate in the QFC. Its horseshit.

ok.. so guess how the fight went?

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

Moai tries to move into range but Steel Penn moves to the side and lands with a nice right hand.

Steel Penn lands with a thumping leg kick.

Moai drops his hands momentarily and Steel Penn takes advantage with a crisp shot to the head.

Steel Penn lands with a kick to the temple. Moai shrugs as if to say "is that all you've got?"

Steel Penn wings a very wild body shot but it does the job and lands to the midsection.

The fans in attendance giving it up for the two fighters, who have really let it all hang out in the last minute or so!

Steel Penn throws a good cross that connects.

Steel Penn tries a head kick but it misses.

Steel Penn fails with a takedown attempt.

Moai gets cracked there but stands up to it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked.gif

Moai is rocked!

Steel Penn seems to be stalking Moai here. He circles momentarily and then unleashes a devastatic head kick! Moai drops like a stone, out cold! WOW! Are you kidding me!? What a knockout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:05 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Head Kick). Sith Steel Penn!

After the fight, Sith Steel Penn was humble in paying tribute to his opponent but made it clear he wants to go on to bigger and better things. It seemed to go down well with the crowd who cheered him loudly.

----

So figures..

I had another noobie fighter on QFC waiting... I was just about to cancel the wait... then I got another....

Leto Savish (211828) my fighter.

Leto has Proficient boxing, MediocreMuay Thai, Competent wrestling and holds a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

vs

Jinhai Yoshida (117271)

Jinhai has Sensational boxing, SensationalMuay Thai, Wonderful wrestling and holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

----

Yahh..

Last time I participate in the QFC. Its horseshit.

Einstein's insanity quote comes to mind.

No offense, but you made this topic, people told you the risks of a QFC tier two fight, you realised it yourself when you got this first match-up, but you still stayed for another. Can't really complain about that.

On the bright side, what you can use these losses for is a test of your fighters' confidence. Some people lose intentionally for that very purpose, to check how far their fighter's morale drops after a loss. Low confidence can be a bane, better to find out early.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well.... Both fighters were in que at the same time.

I should have removed him, but I also listened when folks here said that these are rare type occurances.

Good thing they both seem to have high confidence thus far.

But yeah, I ain't crying.... but certainly not going to do this again.

On the bright side, what you can use these losses for is a test of your fighters' confidence. Some people lose intentionally for that very purpose, to check how far their fighter's morale drops after a loss. Low confidence can be a bane, better to find out early.

Made a bit easier to tell by his fighter's TotT ;)

He's definitely a keeper though, high confidence and KO power - he'll pretty much always have some sort of chance in any fight he takes (perhaps barring huge mismatches).

• Upvote 1

All you fellows having trouble with contracts, move to LA. The 2 largest orgs in the world are both there (CCF, great org, really good... and that other one :P) and we offer contracts to everyone.

• Upvote 1

A

I should have removed him, but I also listened when folks here said that these are rare type occurances.

One guy said they are rare occurences. Most guys here dont do QFC level 2 and your examples are a big part of the reason why.

Sucks to lose but you definately got a bright side out of it. Good luck with your fighters.