New city location Bangkok Thailand

Eklund

Just a thought that hit me the other day, as it seems to be a lack of big/popular Kickboxing/Muay thai orgs around and about I pondered a bit and thought about one way that could perhaps give it a little boost.

I suppose Bangkok would serve and be like the other cities, except that any kickboxing events and orgs based or taking place here would recive a small hypebonus/easier to sell tickets etc/something along the line, compared to the rest of the world. Not so big to cause inbalance, but enough to encourage more solid muaythai/kickboxning orgs and events.. It is the home of the sport afterall :)

Just thinking out loud here, would this be possible, how would it work? Ideas?

Cheers!

Best Regards

Schtekis

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Different cities having different learning speeds for different skills is something that I've always been interested in. I've always thought it would be a good way of getting fighters moving around different cities. I did have Bangkok ready to go at one point but overwrote it with The Island, I think.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Different cities having different learning speeds for different skills is something that I've always been interested in. I've always thought it would be a good way of getting fighters moving around different cities.

Not to keen on this idea. It would definitely kill the solo player. Even mid-size alliances could put a targeted gym in each city.

• Upvote 2

Not to keen on this idea. It would definitely kill the solo player. Even mid-size alliances could put a targeted gym in each city.

+1

We should focus first on fixing game economy. If you look at most of top guys, they have millions on their accounts. For what? For nothing. We can't even take them off, so its just lying there worthless. I thought there was a lot of ideas to send that money on that you accepted and agreed on, Mike :/ But yet, instead of doing this we talk about new city? that would only generate more money to spend on nothing. Different cities with different boosts? yeah, right - guys like Steel Penn would fund 10 gyms in each city. Nothing against that man personally, but he has shit load of money to spend on that. People wouldn't train in public gyms with that kind of boosts - it wouldnt change a damn thing, would only help guys with tons of money to be even better, as poor managers would HAVE to train in same city, which would make them more singletrack.

I thought we are looking for ways to make gap smaller, not make it more like a Grand Canyon :/ We don't need another city - St Pete and Tokyo are fn dying, since ONI closed Tokyo has no one big org. St Pete lost Geezers when Scott took over Asencsion, so biggest thing there is NGF which isn't top, big org yet. Its hard to buy anything in those cities, Tokyo has 2 clothing shopes, nutrition aren't best in St Pete - and new guys usually stick with shops in their cities. Instead of creating another city, maybe we should do something to rescue current cities? Cut the bullshit with LA colloseum - let's make Org Base City meaningfull - if org isnt based in that city, it should cost more to rent a venue there. Further from base it is - more money it should cost. Put a cap on numbers of orgs in each city, that should prevent everyone for doing there orgs in LA. Give more bigger venues to other city, so ppl won't have to travel to LA with their biggest cards.

Let's make fighters' money worth anything too - saturday private seminaries for gyms, houses or cars that would give a pop bonuses - I saw a thread about it somewhere. Maybe private jet for a fighter only, so no one besides of him can use it? Spending fighter's money on charity as a pop boost too? Maybe SPA visits or visit with private doc to heal injuries faster and as a morale boost? Something to finally move that worthless billions on fighter's accounts.

You lack KT orgs and events? Yeah, because at the moment its not profitable for org to run it. I would love to do so, but vision of doing everything back from scratches, signing KT fighters, booking more venues, going back from 700 sized ones and building up KT hype from 0...thats too much of loss to start it and will take a lot of time to make it profitable when you run MMA org at same time. Allow us to mix KT fight on MMA events or count separately KT and MMA events when it comes to attendance hit caused by more event during a week. Allow to create KT title for each division, so we dont have to strip MMA champs if we want to have KT champ as well. Since we have KT hype and MMA hype, why we cant have MMA Title and KT title?

we have more of important issues to deal with, yet we want to add another city? That's stupid...sorry, but I would really love to -1 everyone - including Mike - who agrees with that idea. Fix current problems - then talk about new things like that :/

• Downvote 1

+1

We should focus first on fixing game economy. If you look at most of top guys, they have millions on their accounts. For what? For nothing. We can't even take them off, so its just lying there worthless. I thought there was a lot of ideas to send that money on that you accepted and agreed on, Mike :/ But yet, instead of doing this we talk about new city? that would only generate more money to spend on nothing. Different cities with different boosts? yeah, right - guys like Steel Penn would fund 10 gyms in each city. Nothing against that man personally, but he has shit load of money to spend on that. People wouldn't train in public gyms with that kind of boosts - it wouldnt change a damn thing, would only help guys with tons of money to be even better, as poor managers would HAVE to train in same city, which would make them more singletrack.

I thought we are looking for ways to make gap smaller, not make it more like a Grand Canyon :/ We don't need another city - St Pete and Tokyo are fn dying, since ONI closed Tokyo has no one big org. St Pete lost Geezers when Scott took over Asencsion, so biggest thing there is NGF which isn't top, big org yet. Its hard to buy anything in those cities, Tokyo has 2 clothing shopes, nutrition aren't best in St Pete - and new guys usually stick with shops in their cities. Instead of creating another city, maybe we should do something to rescue current cities? Cut the bullshit with LA colloseum - let's make Org Base City meaningfull - if org isnt based in that city, it should cost more to rent a venue there. Further from base it is - more money it should cost. Put a cap on numbers of orgs in each city, that should prevent everyone for doing there orgs in LA. Give more bigger venues to other city, so ppl won't have to travel to LA with their biggest cards.

Let's make fighters' money worth anything too - saturday private seminaries for gyms, houses or cars that would give a pop bonuses - I saw a thread about it somewhere. Maybe private jet for a fighter only, so no one besides of him can use it? Spending fighter's money on charity as a pop boost too? Maybe SPA visits or visit with private doc to heal injuries faster and as a morale boost? Something to finally move that worthless billions on fighter's accounts.

You lack KT orgs and events? Yeah, because at the moment its not profitable for org to run it. I would love to do so, but vision of doing everything back from scratches, signing KT fighters, booking more venues, going back from 700 sized ones and building up KT hype from 0...thats too much of loss to start it and will take a lot of time to make it profitable when you run MMA org at same time. Allow us to mix KT fight on MMA events or count separately KT and MMA events when it comes to attendance hit caused by more event during a week. Allow to create KT title for each division, so we dont have to strip MMA champs if we want to have KT champ as well. Since we have KT hype and MMA hype, why we cant have MMA Title and KT title?

we have more of important issues to deal with, yet we want to add another city? That's stupid...sorry, but I would really love to -1 everyone - including Mike - who agrees with that idea. Fix current problems - then talk about new things like that :/

add a mega arena to london, a-dam and helsinki and more shops will come.

You have some valid concerns and good ideas but Mike didn't agree to anything and I've never seen him agree that we need to add a new city besides the island, which itself was a waste of time in my opinion (sorry Mike :P) I think most of us know that what you say is true. It's not that the OPs idea is bad, it's just not really needed right now before other things are looked at.

Aptitudes could be slightly adjusted based on the location the fighter was originally made in. This would bring the interesting aspect of 'here is good at this, there is good at that', without the potential for big money gyms to abuse it?

• Downvote 1

Adding a new city? You crazy! There is 3-4 cities in the game which are empty. We do not need more empty cities. As for the idea of some cities having bonuses for certain type of fighters, i hate that idea! I mean 70% of the fighters are stand up, so if Bankok got the standup bonus, then the rest of us are screwed. Plus single players will get slaughtered by organized groups. I do not mind as i am in one of those groups, but the average player will get owned for sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ah, it was not so much a new city I was aiming at, or a "standup" bonus! Rather a "authentic" way to perhaps get more KT orgs. As in giving a org that goes pure KT a very slight hype (KT Hype of course) / Pop bonus to make it worth it or more appealing.. And to justify this I thought "Thailand, home of muay thai" would make sense hehe. I'm new to the game so I had no idea we had cities that were practically empty. So maybe in a distant future when we have more players :]]

Different cities having different learning speeds for different skills is something that I've always been interested in. I've always thought it would be a good way of getting fighters moving around different cities. I did have Bangkok ready to go at one point but overwrote it with The Island, I think.

This is actually a really good idea. This would make the money problem less of an issue because you would need to spend a lot of money on trips moving bases. if you want to create a good fighter and actually put some more depth in to this game.

Being able to learn full MT, BX, BJJ and Wrestling at every gym is not realistic and it kinda is bad overall for the game imo.

I like this and it would actually make fighters more diverse because all fighters wouldn't be able to travel around the globe.

This change would actually force you to add some more primaries and maybe a few more cities, like Bangkok etc.

Brazil: BJJ

Russia: Sambo

Holland: Kickboxing

Thailand: Muay Thai

Japan: Judo/Karate

USA: Wrestling

Countries without a specific style could have a boost in physicals or w/e.

Imo you should not be able to learn max rank in all primaries in one place. Ofc there should be great gyms in each town that can make you an exceptional fighter in each style but to become a master you should be forced to travel. The idea ofc needs a lot of theory crafting, but overall I think this would be a positive update for this game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1