TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

Congrats Rodrigo Costa on getting two guys in the finals and winning the Div 1 bracket, See you guys in the next one or in HBGG.

Thanks mate!

I know it is broken and what not but being one of the enthusiasts of the ground game, I am very happy to finally win this :)

Even sweeter was that I took #1 and #2 in Div 1. My first ground fighter, Emanoel Moreno, who was also my first black and red belt is the new TWGC champ! :)

Since I was fighting me in the finals I didn't care too much about it, and as such tried to get the best out of both fighters slider-wise and make it a very exciting fight. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Hate to break it to you Mikey but Stardust won that pretty decisively. I think he was on top the entire time and passed a bunch. Also in some real life grappling tourneys you get -1 or -2 points for pulling guard and have to earn it back by sweeping and passing etc

UNLESS You are named Pete Wentz. Then you can fuck the rules and do what you want, still winning. till someone puts ref on payroll to stop the fight saying that you tapped, when you clearly didn't. THAT was robbery.

• Downvote 1

It would be nice to know beforehand what weight classes are included so you could train the right guy already. ;) Have to make bantamweight, and if its super heavyweight, well... :D

i'd welcome the openweight again as well :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's time to have another tournament! :yes:

If it will go as last time - then not really. If Mike wants to put judging system as Manfred broke down for us, the on IBJJF is using, then yeah - let's do it.

I help run some IBJJF (Gi and Nogi) events and I referee at ADCC (the national/regional) and the point systems there are very similar. This is ADCC's:

• Passing the guard = 3 points

• Knee on stomach = 2 points

• Mount position = 2 points

• Back mount with hooks = 3 points

• Takedown (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

• Sweeps (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Sweep (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

In all cases, the position has to be maintained 3 seconds to get the points. After that, how long you hold the position is irrelevant. If you pass directly into mount or knee on belly you get only 3 points.

In both events, no points are given for pulling guard. In fact, in ADCC, you lose a point for doing it if you don't sweep or get up w/in 3 seconds.

IBJJF and others also have "advantage" points that only come into play when points are the same. The definitions for advantages are too long and detailed to post here but basically if you nearly submit, or you land a point scoring move but can't hold it for 3 seconds, you gain an advantage point.

So, under ADCC rules, the fight that Dinooo posted would have ended 15-0 for his guy Oudomphonephaivanh, assuming all positions were held for 3 seconds.

1:00 : -1 for pulling guard, +4 for clean sweep, 4:00 +3 for guard pass, 6:00 + 3 for guard pass, 10:00 + 3 for guard pass, 12:00 + 3 for guard pass

Maybe 18 -0 for back mount also at 12:00 but after the RNC attempt it said no hooks. Either way, it was a total blowout

If Mike wants to work on this after the tournament I'll be happy to help. :shades:

Those. Majority of people agreed that it would be the best. It would take out that stupid "take him down and lay in his guard for 15m to win it" thing.