TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

Loved the new scoring, even though my fighter gave away a match that he was easily winning... Sucks to see TWGC only 6 months apart, but I'd love to see an org that can actually hold the fight engine for a grappling contest. I'd sign fighters to it immediately. Great job and very easy to follow :)

Looking forward to the next one as I only had 1 fighter signed.

This is the best idea I've heard in a while

Allow orgs to use check a box which adopts the point system, and adopts the TWGC slider restrictions

Maybe put a notable prize on winning the TWGC so people still have incentive to enter. Not sure if there is managerial trophies for winning it but maybe that's an idea

I like the new scoring much better than the old. You still don't get rewarded for time spent in a dominant position, but it is a huge improvement.

I had a guy close the gap to 8-7 by taking the back. I was praying that he would lose back control so he could score again, but he held the back the entire last five minutes, losing 8-7. This scoring system is way better than the old one, but there still needs to be some reward for maintaining a dominant position. As it stands now, continually losing and regaining mount or back will get you a blowout win, but holding mount the whole time won't be worth much.

I had a guy close the gap to 8-7 by taking the back. I was praying that he would lose back control so he could score again, but he held the back the entire last five minutes, losing 8-7. This scoring system is way better than the old one, but there still needs to be some reward for maintaining a dominant position. As it stands now, continually losing and regaining mount or back will get you a blowout win, but holding mount the whole time won't be worth much.

Clearly you don't understand how grappling competitions are scored

you don't get extra points for extra time in positions

• Upvote 1

Clearly you don't understand how grappling competitions are scored

you don't get extra points for extra time in positions

TWGC is not ADCC or any other tournament. We can make whatever rules we want. Personally, I think holding a dominant position for 5 minutes is more impressive than constantly losing it and getting it back. I'd like to see that reflected in the scoring, but obviously what we have is fine as well. Just a suggestion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TWGC is not ADCC or any other tournament. We can make whatever rules we want. Personally, I think holding a dominant position for 5 minutes is more impressive than constantly losing it and getting it back. I'd like to see that reflected in the scoring, but obviously what we have is fine as well. Just a suggestion.

I'd rather have the system stay the way it currently is, you want to lay and pray? Fine, do it in MMA fights. If someone layed and prayed against one of my TWGC and I lost, I'd be so pissed.

• Upvote 1

You're already being rewarded by conserving energy and being given more opportunities to finish.

Think scoring nearly perfect but should give something for aggression and sub attempts .i lost this fight and your man didn't even do 1 sub attempt .So people dont spam sub and get points for useless subs maybe just 2 or 3 points for most subs attempts during match case example http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=678522 .I think most people feel i won this fight

• Upvote 1

^ I agree. In other words, lay and pray is working less than it used to, but it is still working.

Thankfully, Mega Funkyama got a submission out of nowhere in the D1 final round.

I think a possible solution could be to award minimal points (0.5 or something?) for small advances, like regaining guard, going from guard to half guard... stuff like that. Or something else?

What you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...