TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

Cheater Louie's fighter was throwing some GNP in our TWGC match tonight. Luckily I still prevailed despite Cheater Louie's shenanigans.

Score +4 for clean sweep to past guard: Simans (17) vs (8) Atsushi
Atsushi tries to lock up and control but Simans gives him a forearm to the face and pushes him away.
Atsushi is looking to get to half guard.
Kuroda Atsushi has stepped it up - he knows he needs a finish here!
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/12.gif
That's twelve minutes gone in the round.
Atsushi is squirming around, avoiding Simans's attempts to control the action.
Simans avoids the attempt from Atsushi to control.
Atsushi bucks up and manages to get a nice reversal! He's in guard on the top - nicely done!
Score +2 for sweep to guard / half guard: Simans (17) vs (10) Atsushi
Atsushi wants to control from the top but Simans keeps moving.
Atsushi working in close now, lands a nice elbow to the side of Simans's head.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/13.gif
That's thirteen minutes gone in the round.
Simans keeping full guard, as Atsushi tries to pass.
Atsushi controlling from the top position.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/sub.gif
Atsushi avoids a guillotine attempt easily.
Edgars Simans is fighting for a decision here - he's started to take the cautious approach.
Simans wants to sweep but no luck.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/sub.gif
Simans is throwing his legs up, looking for submissions. Atsushi is aware though and is defending well.
Simans is trying to keep Atsushi in close.
Atsushi lands a couple of elbows.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/14.gif
That's fourteen minutes gone in the round.
Atsushi connects with a couple of short punches.
Simans trying to keep a closed guard but Atsushi is proving a slippery customer.
Simans is working an open guard here, looking to improve his position. No doubt that will leave him open to counters but at least he's being more offensive.
Atsushi trying to control the position from guard on top but Simans is wriggling around, looking for whatever he can.
Atsushi is looking to work some ground and pound but Simans has wrist control.

Probably had something to do with swing for the fences. Stop cheating Louie.

TWGC 6 (170lbs, D2): Las Vegas Qualifier - Round 1 view

Score +3 for passing guard: Bone (2) vs (5) Malenko

Ray Malenko has stepped it up - he knows he needs a finish here!

Sloppy strikes there by Malenko.

Malenko with a nice head shot there.

Malenko stands up over his opponent, looking to dive in with a big punch. Here he comes, superman style! Oh, the punch misses and Bone has got him in a triangle choke for good measure! Oh no! Malenko manages to get his head free but now Bone has transitioned to an armbar!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 14:57 of round 1, we have a winner by way of Submission (Armbar). Joe Bone!

• 2 months later...

How long from the October 1st date will the tournaments happen? I have a guy I created for the next set, but I just want to give my org a heads-up... A couple weeks, usually?

• 4 weeks later...

My fighter no longer has a weightclass associated on the TWGC page, but I'm confident my org has me cleared. He can make weight and fly anywhere. I'm not booking fights for this very reason ... Is it just switching over because it's the night before?

Bobby "Bottleservice" Bruschia (279099)

Why can't I sign up for these tourneys suddenly? My fighter was available a week ago (Division 3). He has no fights booked and I've confirmed with my org that I have the TWGC option clicked ....

Why can't I sign up for these tourneys suddenly? My fighter was available a week ago (Division 3). He has no fights booked and I've confirmed with my org that I have the TWGC option clicked ....

TWGC isn't open yet. It's suppose to be open on the 1st. I'm sure it'll begin soon-ish but unfortunately it fills up pretty quickly so be on the look out.

TWGC isn't open yet. It's suppose to be open on the 1st. I'm sure it'll begin soon-ish but unfortunately it fills up pretty quickly so be on the look out.

I saw that a couple of the divisions had a spot filled, so I figured it had started .... It wouldn't be because my fighter isn't currently in one of the cities, would it?

I am also unable to join.

Glad it's not just me then. There are people signing up, so I don't understand why I can't get my guy in. Been building him for 2 months for this

The guy I created for it is currently 146 lbs. He has no fights booked and has been 'checked off' for TWGC availability. He had 'division 3' assigned to him for weeks until this week. The day before it opened his division assignment was suddenly gone.

I'm flying him to Rio today in case that's why. I have a gym there anyways.

Seems like a bug to me, but I've never been in the TWGCs before, so I'm not positive

Glad it's not just me then. There are people signing up, so I don't understand why I can't get my guy in. Been building him for 2 months for this

IS your guy in a org or have a fight booked?.You cant join if you have a fight book already.If in org you need to tell owner to click the TWGC box so you can joined.You cant otherwise