Manager competition rating

kupsman2

Hey guys I'd like to ask how this one works because I just stumbled upon it and was shocked at my rating.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managercompetition.php?MgrID=58761

I am on the top 20 of the worst competition rating and I haven't really had that much imbalanced match ups lately. In 3 months I can say I only have one which is on Vincent Vinetto being overtrained but I can say I took match-ups wherein it was clearly not in my favor, won some and loss some. I have one QFC guy (Emiliano Abbandando) (used to have 2) and could this be the reason for my abysmal rating?

• Upvote 1

I was gonna mock you but then I discovered that I am also on the list ...

Worst Comp Rating (Int)

Speed Junkie (-10,500)

Knuckle Bear (-5,148)

Nick Singerling (-5,124)

Michael Berzins (-2,986)

McFritz Ichiro (-2,972)

Charles Lee Ray (-2,922)

Buster Buckman (-2,878)

Ger Farrell (-2,858)

Bobby Grey (-2,852)

Castor Rollins (-2,768)

Jeff Jeff (-2,492)

Traian Musat (-2,457)

Greera Grece (-2,327)

Will Stuart (-2,234)

Nicci Canavan (-2,234)

Matt Peacock (-2,129)

Mateusz Sitarz (-2,089)

Don King (-1,913)

Money Bags (-1,886)

Fitry Qushairy (-1,860

What kind of list is this? I say this is a setup, how can the Best Manager in the game (Me ... won 9 of last 10 fights as well) be on a Worst list at all?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I believe it has nothing to do with fighter rankings and more to do with manager rankings. So basically, it would mean you're fighting new and/or bad/low ranked managers.

Winning 9 fights off bad managers, in this game...is worse than going 5-5 against good managers. And I rightfully agree. :)

• Upvote 1

Holy hell does Scottie Power have a bit of a lead there. Joel Nicola 2?

Yes you will notice that most of the top 10 players are actually the same players who have the worst competition rankings, makes perfect sense. As i'm still a somewhat new player, being ranked #2 and fighting with my new fighters in all these id restricted orgs, I have built up quite a lead indeed.

#2 manager ranking is the #1 worst comp ranking

#1 manager ranking is the #2 worst comp ranking

#3 manager ranking is the #3 worst comp ranking

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yes you will notice that most of the top 10 players are actually the same players who have the worst competition rankings, makes perfect sense. As i'm still a somewhat new player, being ranked #2 and fighting with my new fighters in all these id restricted orgs, I have built up quite a lead indeed.

Yup, I know from past experience that id restricted orgs can do this. I fight all my guys at or around 19 years as I don't like to train them for 9 months just to find out they have crappy hiddens that slipped past the TOTT. I'd rather have a jacked up rating than have a stable of over trained cream puffs.

Ye I dont see this manager competition rating as too much of a big deal, I have had a fair few of scotties fighters in my 195K org and to be honest it just came down to him creating fighters wisely and training them very well and dominating most people he has faced.. not can crushing or anything; its just having the knowledge of how to be good at the game. Good effort Scottie on gettin the no.1 spot so quick.. must be some sorta record to be honest! I remember making a bet with you which was who will be ahead in rankings after a certain month and u had only been playing like 5 months where as I had been playing for like a year and 5 months and u won that fuckin bet haha... I agree with deaddisney as well about gettin ur fighters to fight at like 18 or 19, its boring waiting 3 or so game years to get your lads fighting! It can make it difficult for org owners as well to get the young beast projects a match up when they have such a low ranking!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Yes, that is quite a gap, but not hugely unusual compared with the past.

If you win a very high proportion of your fights (as he has done) then the rating becomes insanely negative. Plenty of managers have been in that position before when they've gone through a purple patch.

There are times when it can indicate that a manager is crushing cans though, and really need to be stepping up in competition...

• Upvote 1

Its tough for a top 100 manager to be consistently be beating top 100 managers with 200k+ ID fighters...because most top 100 managers already have developed fighters. Can crushing can be seen better in 500-800 manager ranks because that is where you should be facing on par competition. Poor Scottie has had the misfortune of being so good so quickly, which explains the gap.

I am in the same alliance as Scottie and while we congratulated him we pointed out his opp rank wasn't anything to be proud of, and once his fighters have matured and he is fighting better managers, we will then see if he is a good manager. Scottie does know what he is doing, and works the 'game' well to fund his private gym like a pro, but to be fair he is well aware of the fact that being Number 1 rank means bugger all when not fighting good managers. We in his alliance would prefer to have a fighter good enough to compete and maybe win a fight against the better manager in one of the best orgs. I think Scottie will prove he is a good manager in time, but yes at the moment, the ranking system can be taken with a pinch of salt when crushing newbies can get you to top 10 at least.

• Upvote 1

You can't always fight the best managers, and when you're the #1 manager EVERYONE has a lower opponent rank than you, obviously.

QFC and ID restricted orgs often attract more casual or newer players per capita so the average opponent rank is lower, which will affect any higher ranking managers'.

It is still a decent guide, just not a be-all-end-all.

Humours and Castors are just can crushers though ;)

Just because you don't fight in an ID restricted org, doesn't mean all you'll face are high ranked managers. There is no set indicator, you can only tell by looking at the managers of the fighters you face.

• 1 month later...

Holy hell does Scottie Power have a bit of a lead there. Joel Nicola 2?

Scottie Power (-453,152)

Andy Mugler (-81,510)

James Cozad (-72,540)

That's enourmous gap though. Just saying...

Worst Comp Rating

Lance Templeton (-166,056)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/myfighter.gifScottie Power (-112,713)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/myfighter.gif

Hmm Lance now has a worst Competition ranking than me now, do I think Lance is a can crusher? no. Do I know anyone else who thinks he is? no. Lance is a damn good manager. Competition ranking means very little but just wanted to make a little update.

Also wanted to say that oh I just beat another noob in case anyone is interested.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=216287

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Worst Comp Rating

Lance Templeton (-166,056)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/myfighter.gifScottie Power (-112,713)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/myfighter.gif

lance got ~400 opponent rank. you got ~600. highly ranked managers just get really bad comp rating,if lance would be 10th ranked he would have -16600 comp rating=ten times lower than now...

if theres protycooner on the list with low manager rank then its bad:)

Oh wow really, you were out to get me? Seems like you took this hard and personally didn't you? :blink:

Initially I had no agenda of trashing you really becouse I didnt even know who you are. The Joel Nicola bit was a bit uncalled for sure but then again you had a 5x lead to the second in the list... Now you're rambling about me thinking that Lance is a can crusher or some shit? Obviously that's not the case lol. Sir, seems like you're not a can crusher but bit of a tool.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh wow really, you were out to get me? Seems like you took this hard and personally didn't you? :blink:

Initially I had no agenda of trashing you really becouse I didnt even know who you are. The Joel Nicola bit was a bit uncalled for sure but then again you had a 5x lead to the second in the list... That is all (from my part). Now you're rambling about me thinking that Lance is a can crusher or some shit? Obviously that's not the case lol. Sir, seems like you're not a can crusher but bit of a tool.

I was 1st and 2nd in the rankings for awhile and it's easy to build up such a lead as is being shown to me now if you continue to stay there for awhile. Just being ranked 3rd and 4th lately has made such a massive difference to that ranking that the ranking has been shown to me to be almost worthless with how it is presently calculated. I didn't pay much attention to competition rankings until about the time this thread was brought up, but if people attack me i'll defend myself just that simple really.

As for being out to get you not really, just having a bit of fun. I don't consider beating that fighter of yours any accomplishment really, but it's still good to beat you :P I'm actually losing interest in this game atm, and don't have much time anymore compared to what I used to have and being out to get you is not one of my priorities lol, sorry to disappoint you. But I did remember this thread, and figured it was worth a small bit of time. Although many would argue it was best to just let it die and they are probably right. But where's the fun in that :P

Anyways you can call me a tool/fool if you want, doesn't matter, your sliders and fighter build look like those of a fool to me, hell even Rory kicked your ass :P

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I was 1st and 2nd in the rankings for awhile and it's easy to build up such a lead as is being shown to me now if you continue to stay there for awhile. Just being ranked 3rd and 4th lately has made such a massive difference to that ranking that the ranking has been shown to me to be almost worthless with how it is presently calculated. I didn't pay much attention to competition rankings until about the time this thread was brought up, but if people attack me i'll defend myself just that simple really.

Those rankings were always pretty much gibberish to me. It was just the big lead you had that caught my eye. And sure defend yourself as much as you need to. Just no need to be a dick.

As for being out to get you not really, just having a bit of fun. I don't consider beating that fighter of yours any accomplishment really, but it's still good to beat you :P I'm actually losing interest in this game atm, and don't have much time anymore compared to what I used to have and being out to get you is not one of my priorities lol, sorry to disappoint you. But I did remember this thread, and figured it was worth a small bit of time. Although many would argue it was best to just let it die and they are probably right. But where's the fun in that :P

When you necro'd this thread it sure felt like you had to get this out of your system pretty bad. The mocking and your "tone" doesn't really help.

Anyways you can call me a tool/fool if you want, doesn't matter, your sliders and fighter build look like those of a fool to me, hell even Rory kicked your ass :P

See that could've hurt if I had tooted my own horn here before but I never said I was any good. It's just you being you here obviously. Im pretty sure you can't help it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

lol I am actually a really good manager these days.. and not to blow my own horn here :toot: but I am probably the most courageous manager to grace tycoon... I accept 99% of fight offers. :shades:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If Rory could blow his own horn he wouldn't be on his PC playing this game.

The average opponent ranking is a better indicator of the type of wins a manager is claiming but again if you're highly active in ID restricted orgs and QFC orgs this number will also be skewed as this is where lower ranked managers have higher concentrations.