Spider Bite

EzekelRAGE

This is what happened around 2 weeks ago. Was bitten by a brown recluse. I noticed the bite on my left arm around 9pm on the 5th. Thought it was a mosquito bite or some shit. About 3am on the 6th, I go the bathroom saw discoloration, had a slight fever, but thought nothing of it. I was like, fuck this, crank the AC up. I wake up later, kinda out of it. My bro and nephews are outside doing yardwork. I go to take a shower upstairs. I straight pass out when I get in the bathroom. At this point ~3 hours pass, and my bro is knockin on the door wondering what the hell I'm doing. That wakes me up a little, I tell him I'm ok and I'll be out in a minute. At this point I had no idea I had been in there 3 hours. I end up stumblin out the bathroom and almost falling down the stairs. My bro said it looked like my eyes were rolled to the back of my head. Ambulance was called, and I was taken to the local ER.

At the local ER spent like 4 days there. They gettin me stable runnin bloodtests etc. They can't get my fever down from 103. Just an overall shitty hospital. They finally decide to ship me to an out of town/better hospital in Jonesboro. I go there on the 9th. They run more tests, find that the spider screwing up my liver/kidneys. Causing me to have jaundice. They putting icepacks on me to get my fever down. On the 10th I have surgery on the bit to remove venom, they said it was abscess. Which means all the pus/venom etc. was stayin on the inside of the wound. So squeezing it and draining that way like a regular bite wasnt an option since it would never come to an head. After the the surgery was still have problems with my blood/liver/kidneys. Docs said I had hemo-something(i forgot). Which caused my body to attack it's own red blood cells. I had to have a blood transfusion of 2 liters. Everything went ok, showed me how to dress the wound etc. Had me taking a shitload of antibiotics when I was released on the 16th.

This is the video after the surgery, where they removed some venom and stuff from the bite. Although uploaded on 17th, I recorded it on the 11th, when nurse was changing the dressin. The black shit is skin/tissue that they tried to let heal with the tissue around the wound.
Spider bite after surgery vid

I recorded this two days ago, 9/24. All that black area from the first vid shrunk. Fucked up part was some of it was attached to living tissue so it hurt like hell when it detached. Pink shit is fat/tissue etc. Black part is just straight up dead tissue, pus and stuff under it. I had surgery this morning to remove the dead tissue and have it cleaned out. Surgeon had to go around 3 inches deeper into the arm to get all of it out.

Here's the wound after removing the flesh etc. from the previous vid. They repacked it after taking measurements. I will have to wear a wound vacuum for a long time to speed up the healing process. Wound vacuum would help keep it drained and help it heal from the inside out.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZdi7tWIGw&feature=youtu.be'>[/media]

The wound has been wrapped and packed since the surgery, so no vid of how it currently looks. I have to go the the doc again 2mrw, so maybe I'll get a recording of it then. I will have to have a wound pump for draining etc. Been taking a shitload of painkillers lol.

Here's the wound after removing the flesh etc. from the previous vid. They repacked it after taking measurements. I will have to wear a wound vacuum for a long time to speed up the healing process. Wound vacuum would help keep it drained and help it heal from the inside out.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZdi7tWIGw&feature=youtu.be

Got the wound vac put on. While the wound drains, it sucks all the fluid out. Suppose to help it heal quicker. The black thing is a sponge. I have to wear it 24/7. I get it changed 3x a week. A nurse comes out twice a week, while I go to the wound center the the 3rd changing. They change the sponge/tubing and measure the wound to see how it's healing. This will go for the next 2-4 months. Having it changed hurts like hell. The sponge ends up stickin to the muscle/tissue etc. So they have to slowly pull it off. Also family pokin fun at me carryin the thing around, because it looks like a man purse :suicide_anim: .

Thanks guys, here's the latest update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZdi7tWIGw&feature=youtu.be

Wound Vac has to be worn 24/7 :suicide_anim:

damn dude, that's pretty gnarly. i can't really tell what part of your arm it's on though, is it your bicep?

Bicep

Update: Got the wound vac put on. While the wound drains, it sucks all the fluid out. Suppose to help it heal quicker. The black thing is a sponge. I have to wear it 24/7. I get it changed 3x a week. A nurse comes out twice a week, while I go to the wound center the the 3rd changing. They change the sponge/tubing and measure the wound to see how it's healing. This will go for the next 2-4 months. Having it changed hurts like hell. The sponge ends up stickin to the muscle/tissue etc. So they have to slowly pull it off. Also family pokin fun at me carryin the thing around, because it looks like a man purse :suicide_anim: .

• Upvote 1

No way, spiders love to chill under your garden furniture and in the end of your shoes.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J5MlhICsmAM/UWN5WpS1mLI/AAAAAAAAEQE/wJSIjjNnyh8/s1600/Ihone+111212+299.jpg

http://taheny.com/Live_Writer_Images/RedbackTheHouseSitter_11D54/IMG_6779.jpg