Tycoon's official chess thread

igorbyhenikov

What do you suggest?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Time limit:

• a - 5 minutes per player per game(no easy cheating possible, still plenty available but not that easy anymore)
    • b - 20 minutes per player per game
    • c - 1 day per move(this becomes advanced chess, where one studies the position with whatever help you can get)
    • Other (i write my own suggestion)

Vlad has a great point Bragi if you can not develop your opening then you are fucked! I would recommend learning two or three different openings to have a few options. I personally like to use gambits, they make your opponent think they get the advantage when usually they dont. In a gambit you give up a piece, usually a pawn, to gain the advantage in position. A good opening that isn't too hard to learn is the queens gambit. Kings gambit is also a good opening unless you are playing a high level opponent because it's busted (high level opponents just take your piece and gain advantage in position) another similar to kings is Evans Gambit. That one is way old school and a lot of players do not have a answer to it. But a really high level player that is familiar with the opening will fare far better. Sicilian defense and Sicilian opening are good ones to learn as well. Not as deadly as kings and Evans but doesn't have as many holes in it either.

If you guys end up needing an alternate, I'll give it a go. Used to be a decent player a few years ago - circa 1700 USCF rating. Got caught up playing too much bullet and blitz chess in the neighborhood parks and gave up the game. I'm fairly certain I suck nowadays.

Thanks Vladimirputin for showing me this site (Chess.com)

Ive been playing quite many games of Blitz Chess and I really enjoy it ... 13 wins 7 losses 3 draws so far and a Rating of 1260

(By the way Dont worry guys Im not gonna give up playing MMA Tycoon you can all sit back and relax)

/ Castor

EDIT: My current score is 18 wins 10 losses and 4 draws and a rating of 1264

Im not as good as I used to be, but I can tell Im improving pretty fast :yes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You should take a look for opening strategies and i promise that your game will improve A LOT (fucking auto spelling). There is so much openings but i recommend that you learn couple openings at first and try to become very good with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_opening

Vlad has a great point Bragi if you can not develop your opening then you are fucked! I would recommend learning two or three different openings to have a few options. I personally like to use gambits, they make your opponent think they get the advantage when usually they dont. In a gambit you give up a piece, usually a pawn, to gain the advantage in position. A good opening that isn't too hard to learn is the queens gambit. Kings gambit is also a good opening unless you are playing a high level opponent because it's busted (high level opponents just take your piece and gain advantage in position) another similar to kings is Evans Gambit. That one is way old school and a lot of players do not have a answer to it. But a really high level player that is familiar with the opening will fare far better. Sicilian defense and Sicilian opening are good ones to learn as well. Not as deadly as kings and Evans but doesn't have as many holes in it either.

Thanks guys, I'll try to improve my skills while having some time, I enjoyed those a few minutes of playing against Vlad, even when I was doing some random actions and got beaten...

Bragi~

May I propose then:

- Best of five matches, 5 min time limit

- The winner posts a snapshop of the victory here to confirm

- Each round takes max 1 week(just to make sure the players can make a decent appointment, different time zones, etc)

Are you ready to make a bracket, Vladimir? Probably you can use tycoontools for that

• Upvote 1

May I propose then:

- Best of five matches, 5 min time limit

- The winner posts a snapshop of the victory here to confirm

- Each round takes max 1 week(just to make sure the players can make a decent appointment, different time zones, etc)

Are you ready to make a bracket, Vladimir? Probably you can use tycoontools for that

We have got some Unfinished Business, Torrelio. I would like to be the one who kicks your lying ass out of the Tournament

And your proposal isnt good either

Lets do it like this fellas, 1/8 finals, Quarterfinals, Semi-Finals, Final

You lose, youre out

15 minute game (Random)

• Upvote 1

I like castors proposal (i hate speed games :D).

My suggestion:

- 20 minute time limit

- If game ends in a draw, just rematch

- The one who is drawed to the left (or something) plays whites.

• Upvote 1

5 mins is the most common time limit in online chess for one simple reason: Chess engines.

I like longer time limits better too, but only if the opponent is in front of me. And for sure, I would not trust Castor to play fair if he had the opportunity to cheat

We have got some Unfinished Business, Torrelio. I would like to be the one who kicks your lying ass out of the Tournament

I'm online right now, come find me.

ok not cool move to start to put some shady reputation on castor. (i almost went mental here but took couple deep breaths)

Sorry, my bad. I almost always ignore him. I forgot to take my own deep breaths ;)

Anyway, the issue still stands. It's too easy to cheat above the 5 min mark.

Can you make a poll about it?

a - 5 minutes per player per game(no easy cheating possible, still plenty available but not that easy anymore)

b - 20 minutes per player per game

c - 1 day per move(this becomes advanced chess, where one studies the position with whatever help you can get)

ok not cool move to start to put some shady reputation on castor. (i almost went mental here but took couple deep breaths)

What did this liar say?

The Fact is that this guy promised my fighter Luka Jelavic a Title Fight in the FW Division in his Org (Steel Penn New York)

And then just ignored my PMs

EDIT: Sorry for OFFTOPIC fellas I just wanted to warn you about this guy I will not continue to be offtopic, lets play some chess guys

• Upvote 1