BEEF Montreal Smack Talk Thread

Scooby

Usually I have silly jokes about inactive or retired fighters, but this time is no joke. Recently I have been getting a ton of fight offers rejected and as always I ask, “who do you feel is a fair fight?” I conversed with a few people on their fights because they were willing to reply back cognitively and these people who did, I am NOT aiming this frustration at you. Also, if you accept a fight and are happy with it and it suddenly disappears, DONT get mad at me, your opponent rejected it. I think thats common sense

Since taking over this organization I told everyone, USE THE SMACKTALK THREAD TO CALL OPPONENTS OUT (Rewarding managers 25K for the smacktalker of the month) This would openly ridicule managers who desire to crush cans so I understand why this method was not taken. I have seriously considered dropping the ID restriction, or only accepting 25YO builds or even selling the org and just focusing on my fighters, but all in all I just truly want to run a Tycoon community friendly org.

I am not quick to name the shame but today I will name ONE of the fighters involved with this (as I said there are plenty)

Saracen Smith turned down Six O Five and a few other 3.5 star fighters and when I asked who he wanted to fight, he said Carl Tossgrove. A 2 star fighter who has been inactive for quite a while. Not to mention he is better than Tossgrove in ALL primary skills by more than 7 skill levels in 3 of the 4 primaries... WTF?

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/8133805422/123-1.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/8133805422/1234.jpg

I released Smith today and as you can see, I am not lying when I tell you I pay you as well as I can because I want BEEF to be a great,(this is before awards were payed out) SATISFYING organization. I noticed the rating went down today which is fine, but please tell me why so I can improve.

I'm not sure why people reject fair fights at all. The fight Kamenov had against DeVanzo was a great one and both fighters gave and took punishment. It was very fair on both sides and I have a feeling DeVanzo's manager will agree with my opinion as well. Any organization in this game strives to be great and the only way to do that is to make as many fair fights as possible. There will inevitably be times when a fight is lopsided, at least on skill level, but there have been fighters who didn't have equal skill who defeated superior opponents. Gentlemen, this is a game, bottom line, so why not fight against an opponent who presents a challenge as opposed to having an easy cake walk? What do you learn from fighting easy opponents?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I conversed with a few people on their fights because they were willing to reply back cognitively and these people who did, I am NOT aiming this frustration at you.

:shades: ^ This means you ^ :yes:

Not sure if I am one of those managers/fighters you 've mentioned. My reason for turning down fight offers have been the same- offers seemingly based on primaries and nothing else.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13987829989706.png

Aleksandar Kamenov

"Artie DeVanzo, that was one hell of a fight! Thank you for showing me that I need to stay humble and hungry because the loss to Opie River soured my mood a bit. Being cracked in the jaw by your very strong fists definitely woke me up, and fortunately that head kick was able to slow down your momentum and turn the fight in my favor. You're one hell of a fighter and have no doubt you'll contend for a championship very soon. I'll strive to do the same and I'm sure our paths will cross again. It's good to know that my right hand is still capable of bringing a fight to an abrupt ending but there is much for me to do."

And that is why I will never run an ORG. I have never turned down a fight and have asked for very few. I figure if the ORG owner is paying my guy my guy should fight who he wants. But some do prefer to build rank or whatever, just do the best you can Scooby and don't worry about the others. My guys are ready to go whenever you need them you just say something!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the kudos 762x39. I'm doing what I can to make Kamenov a beast and it's a challenge, believe me. Going up against excellent fighters definitely helps me improve as a manager and also helps me understand what Kamenov can and can't do at this point of his career.

why not fight against an opponent who presents a challenge as opposed to having an easy cake walk? What do you learn from fighting easy opponents?

sometimes ppl decline because it was a lopsided bout against them and sometimes ppl decline because it isnt a lopsided bout for them, its one of the floyd mayweather syndromes

floyd mayweather syndrome(s): could refer to two seperate syndromes

Syndrome A: never taking a fight unless you know you can win

ex. #1: flyod mayweather refuses to fight manny becuase there is a chance he will lose

ex. #2: flyod mayweather refused to fight shane mosley until after he got old and his skills decline, so floyd was sure he could win

Syndrome B: to talk sh!t then backing out after your called on it, the antithesis of ken shamrock syndrome

ex. #1: flyod mayweather refused to fight sean sherk after claiming any boxer could beat any mma champ in mma

ex. #2: flyod mayweather claimed that he could beat any mma fighter in one round of boxing then refused to fight miguel torres challenge of a mix fight tha had 3 boxing rounds, followed by 3 kickboxing rounds, followed by 3 mma rounds so that it would never get to the mma portion if he won in one round

ken shamrock syndrome: to talk sh!t about a fighter who is clearly better and never back down, even after three beatdowns, AKA Guts for Brains Syndrome

I'm not sure why people reject fair fights at all. The fight Kamenov had against DeVanzo was a great one and both fighters gave and took punishment. It was very fair on both sides and I have a feeling DeVanzo's manager will agree with my opinion as well. Any organization in this game strives to be great and the only way to do that is to make as many fair fights as possible. There will inevitably be times when a fight is lopsided, at least on skill level, but there have been fighters who didn't have equal skill who defeated superior opponents. Gentlemen, this is a game, bottom line, so why not fight against an opponent who presents a challenge as opposed to having an easy cake walk? What do you learn from fighting easy opponents?

Actually, I didnt like the matchup because of the hype difference but I accepted any way. The way hype loss is calculated really kills a manager who has a decent hype differential going into the fight and loses. In reality that fight was a big risk/low reward for me.

Like you said though, its a game and its no big deal to lose a fight in the grand scheme of things. I do wish that org owners would matchmake more based on recent results and hype. Keep pop out of it. Pop is important for org owners though, so i get why it is factored in. It just makes for shit matchups though, imo.

Thank you for the kudos 762x39. I'm doing what I can to make Kamenov a beast and it's a challenge, believe me. Going up against excellent fighters definitely helps me improve as a manager and also helps me understand what Kamenov can and can't do at this point of his career.

Knocking a guy out when rocked is the best thing a fighter can do. You definitely have a keeper there.

Usually I have silly jokes about inactive or retired fighters, but this time is no joke. Recently I have been getting a ton of fight offers rejected and as always I ask, “who do you feel is a fair fight?” I conversed with a few people on their fights because they were willing to reply back cognitively and these people who did, I am NOT aiming this frustration at you. Also, if you accept a fight and are happy with it and it suddenly disappears, DONT get mad at me, your opponent rejected it. I think thats common sense

Since taking over this organization I told everyone, USE THE SMACKTALK THREAD TO CALL OPPONENTS OUT (Rewarding managers 25K for the smacktalker of the month) This would openly ridicule managers who desire to crush cans so I understand why this method was not taken. I have seriously considered dropping the ID restriction, or only accepting 25YO builds or even selling the org and just focusing on my fighters, but all in all I just truly want to run a Tycoon community friendly org.

I am not quick to name the shame but today I will name ONE of the fighters involved with this (as I said there are plenty)

Saracen Smith turned down Six O Five and a few other 3.5 star fighters and when I asked who he wanted to fight, he said Carl Tossgrove. A 2 star fighter who has been inactive for quite a while. Not to mention he is better than Tossgrove in ALL primary skills by more than 7 skill levels in 3 of the 4 primaries... WTF?

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/8133805422/123-1.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/8133805422/1234.jpg

I released Smith today and as you can see, I am not lying when I tell you I pay you as well as I can because I want BEEF to be a great,(this is before awards were payed out) SATISFYING organization. I noticed the rating went down today which is fine, but please tell me why so I can improve.

I am 100% behind scooby on this and applaud him for making a stand - I run HONOR FC in Las Vegas and it is crazy the amount of fair fights I have rejected. Now if I have sent the fight late and with short notice, or you refuse and give a valid reason as to why you don't want the fight then thats fine but the amount of people who want to cherry pick much weaker opponents sucks the fun out of running an org. The reason I have added my thoughts is because I have also considered selling HONOR for the very same reasons as this. Now don't get me wrong 75-80% of managers are fine and great to work with but the other 20-25% seemingly dont want to fight unless the odds are stacked in their favor. I will post scooby's post on my orgs forum page as I think more people need to be aware of this.

• Upvote 2

I am 100% behind scooby on this and applaud him for making a stand - I run HONOR FC in Las Vegas and it is crazy the amount of fair fights I have rejected. Now if I have sent the fight late and with short notice, or you refuse and give a valid reason as to why you don't want the fight then thats fine but the amount of people who want to cherry pick much weaker opponents sucks the fun out of running an org. The reason I have added my thoughts is because I have also considered selling HONOR for the very same reasons as this. Now don't get me wrong 75-80% of managers are fine and great to work with but the other 20-25% seemingly dont want to fight unless the odds are stacked in their favor. I will post scooby's post on my orgs forum page as I think more people need to be aware of this.

This is true as well, im thankful for those guys

• Upvote 1

Not sure if I am one of those managers/fighters you 've mentioned. My reason for turning down fight offers have been the same- offers seemingly based on primaries and nothing else.

You remember the time you refused to fight a champion because you didn't have all the advantages in primaries? And then you thought you could hang on to the first contender spot when the champ went to defend against someone else :D. Then you left the org crying and yelling because you had to earn your shot again, and went on to smash some cans elsewhere.

this is your problem scooby, your too nice, i would have held him hostage until his contract expired

this is your problem scooby, your too nice, i would have held him hostage until his contract expired

I don't get this sentiment. It doesn't do an org owner any good to be vindictive like that. Scoobs did the right thing by moving on. The most successful org owners in the game are the guys who dont take any thing personally and do what they can to keep their managers happy.

I don't get this sentiment. It doesn't do an org owner any good to be vindictive like that. Scoobs did the right thing by moving on. The most successful org owners in the game are the guys who dont take any thing personally and do what they can to keep their managers happy.

im not saying he has to, im just saying what i would do, if he gets away with it then he is just going to go to a different org and do the exact same thing, if on the other hand he losses 2 game yrs out of his fighter, then he might decide taking fair fights is better than losing out on two yrs worth of profit from your fighter, but thats just me

Well im trying to be a nice dude, if people cant see that,i dont know what to say, but this is a game i shouldnt have to be a jerk about stuff,so im closer to what JLP said, but fuck karl socha

Ha! It was one of the closest fights I've had in a while. I felt stupid reading the first round when Socha got the td into side control and promptly let your guy take his back for the rest of the round.

• Upvote 1

interview with eric cartman who is scheduled to fight in MKII round 3

Interviewer: OK folks this is a new segment were going to run on Tycoon Times our first episode, please welcome our guest fighter for today, with a record 2-0-0 Eric Cartman

Eric Cartmen: The Not Fat

Interviewer: what?

EC: its in my name im Eric "The Not Fat" Cartman

I: OK

EC:and i dont care so much, its just you know my fans came up with that name, they were talking about how cool i was then one of them said i wasnt fat, and another said obviously not, but then a third fan said just to be certain it should be my nickname, and i was like come on seriously guys everyone knows that i shouldnt have to put that in my nickname, but my fans wanted it, and fighters should always listen to there fans so that why

I: ok im here with Eric "The Not Fat" Cartman, are you ready for your first question

EC: yes, yes I am

I: How did you decide to become a fighter?

EC: well when i was young they asked me what i wanted to do when i grow up and i said eat and play x-box, but it turns out those jobs dont pay enough so i thought i know, i like to make ppl cry, and i just decided then that as a job profession i want to be able to make ppl cry

I: OK, who do you want to be like the most a submsion artest like Royce Gracie or a Striker like Bas Rutten

EC: i dont know those ppl

I: .... you dont know who Royce Gracie and Bas Rutten are?

EC: no, and i dont care about them

I: ... uhm ... ok then who do you most want to be like, who inspires you

EC: this might sound kind of egotistical but id have to say myself, its only becuase like if you, if you could see me, i actually do really cool stuff and most people think im really cool, and uhm just everything about me is so cool that i just inspire myself, i just look up to myself and that raises me up and then i look up to myself again and raises me up even more

I: ... ok, what your biggist fault

EC:... my biggist fault ... my biggist fault, wow thats a tough one, ... uhm, lets see ... biggest fault ... i gues- ... i guess it would have to be that sometimes im so cool that it make other people feel bad.

I: ok i guess that would count as a fault, what do you appreciate the most out about your team

EC: umm i dont really appreciate them, and if you knew them then you would know why, and i guess, uhm ... no, i dont appreciate them, they all suck @ss

I: well that all the time we have to today see you next time, thank you Eric "The Not Fat Cartman"

EC: oh, thank you, its been delightful

***reference note this article was generated using this video as a guide,

Actually, I didnt like the matchup because of the hype difference but I accepted any way. The way hype loss is calculated really kills a manager who has a decent hype differential going into the fight and loses. In reality that fight was a big risk/low reward for me.

Like you said though, its a game and its no big deal to lose a fight in the grand scheme of things. I do wish that org owners would matchmake more based on recent results and hype. Keep pop out of it. Pop is important for org owners though, so i get why it is factored in. It just makes for shit matchups though, imo.

Then I have even more respect for you JLP because despite the hype difference - sorry about that as I didn't even take that into consideration - the fact that you took the big risk lets me know that you're willing to go against the grain to put on a good fight. I know Kamenov had been out of the game for a while as he lost a pretty large amount of weight, but I just looked at the primary skills when the fight offer was made. I wish more managers were like you and willing to take a risk to make the game more exciting and interesting. I've taken fights where I knew my fighter would lose but just to test my fighter in a tough situation, plus have a chance to learn more about him, I accepted anyway and just went for it. As we've both pointed out, the bottom line of this entire situation is this is just a game, plain and simple. If people really take a game so seriously that they get very upset about being offered what many consider a fair fight, then why play the game? If there's no challenge then what's the point?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Furious........ I didnt mean to neg you,im posting from my cell phone (i hope 2 people +2 you to get your post where i was trying to)

But i think im gonna make a cool way to have a little discuss in about this issue... I was thinking last night and came up with an idea that will be largely rejected by the entire community like JLP's clinchwork fix and other good ideas people have

• Upvote 1