'Tournaments' sub thread

Sub Forum only for Tournaments?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this happen?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should only Fight-orgs be able to create threads in this Sub Forum?

• Yes
    • No

Could we have a sub sub forum called "tournaments" under the sub forum fight orgs just like "smack talk" and "fighter interviews"?

It is really difficult to find and give information regarding to tournaments like it is now, very messy,

• Upvote 5

I am worried that tourneys may get less recognition if they were put in a sub forum and tourneys are my favorite thing in this game!

Yeah, maybe so. But if you start with one, everyone must follow, otherwise mods will just move them to that section of the forum so they HAVE to visit it.

What's making it difficult in putting it in the main fight org forum? Too many threads?

yes. I remember that with the only tournament I tried to organize if I didn't post once a day it would be almost gone from view. And if you happen to be looking for a tournament to join you always get the pages with the last updates from the tournaments that are already under way or complete with people smack talking each other.

• Upvote 2

yes. I remember that with the only tournament I tried to organize if I didn't post once a day it would be almost gone from view. And if you happen to be looking for a tournament to join you always get the pages with the last updates from the tournaments that are already under way or complete with people smack talking each other.

I agree this has happened to me also, I have yet to get in to a tournament. Partly my laziness, part that they all seem to fall apart, but also I have had trouble finding the less popualr ones again. I end up having to go through the posts that I 've made to track down the tourney page.

Solid idea I think +1

I voted no for 'should fight org owners be able to create threads in this forum' because people like Ezekel Rage often hosts tournaments for other orgs. If someone posts something non tournament related in this sub forum then it can be removed or re-located elsewhere.

i wouldnt mind either way on this actually

We pretty much had this in the fight org forum but no where near as many people ever looked in there and the tournaments went even more unnoticed so that was how we ended up where we are now. I also think the tournaments that are good ideas seem to get a lot of interest, if you find your tournament thread on page 2 or 3 every day then i just don't think that tournament generates enough interest not that it got lost in the mess.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I very rarely read the stuff under Fight Organizations, but would definitely check tournament subforum time to time. Currently I see many tournament announcements in General Game Discussion forum, and I guess it's at least partially because more people read that than Fight Organizations thread. Not sure if this would help in that or not, but at least all the tournament threads would be in same place, and they wouldn't dissappear to next page so easily.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I think this idea needs to be looked at again, the thread title should actually read "Tournaments sub forum". I'm finding it more and more difficult to keep track of all the tournaments going on. I have a couple available fighters that I was hoping to find a suitable tournament to enter them into but there is no easy way to find out all the tournaments that are currently in the sign up process.

If everyone only posted tournament threads in the Fight Organizations sub forum then this probably wouldn't be so much of an "issue" but there are a lot of tournament threads in General Game discussion as well. The tournament threads get buried pretty fast.

How about some more votes in the poll and maybe it will get noticed?

• Upvote 1

Ye now more than ever this would be a good thing actually. Never seen so many tournaments on at once! Probably about 15+ goin on.

• Upvote 1