Hype for Title fight draws

So my Org had its first ever Title fight resulting in a draw. And it left me wondering if it would make things more real if both fighters, or at least the challenger earned a bit of hype or popularity from that.

Because obviously the a rematch makes sense, but when all the hype and pop stats have stayed the same, if it wasn't a big match the first time round then it makes it very difficult to justify doing a rematch.

I just think it would be nice if a Drawn title fight could generate a bit of a buzz for a rematch.

• Upvote 6

I think every draw should add some hype I mean they getting their name out there any publicity is better than no publicity at all. I could see if hype does not raise but popularity should.

I've said both of these in the past, as have a lot of people:

Popularity boost for fighters from a draw, larger hype bonus for both the org and the winning fighter upon completion of the rematch.

Makes sense right?

I've said both of these in the past, as have a lot of people:

Popularity boost for fighters from a draw, larger hype bonus for both the org and the winning fighter upon completion of the rematch.

Makes sense right?

Makes sense to me.

But maybe a temporary bonus for the total hype of the fight and a winner takes it all approach, that the winner of the rematch get twice the hype+pop bonus?

I think draws should give hype anyway because if you do not give a guy which got a draw hype, basically it means he is losing hype because hype is lost over time if you are not gaining more of it.

I do not think it needs to be a title fight. It can be any fight. Draws need to "split" the hype which would have been gained.

• Upvote 1

I think draws should give hype anyway because if you do not give a guy which got a draw hype, basically it means he is losing hype because hype is lost over time if you are not gaining more of it.

I do not think it needs to be a title fight. It can be any fight. Draws need to "split" the hype which would have been gained.

Yeah agreed.

I would also give the underdog (the guy with less hype) a slightly bigger hype gain.

Yeh I've said before that any draws should probably result in a small hype gain and a popularity gain, depending on how the fight plays out of course.

If it's a decent fight rating then both guys should receive some positive effect from it. At the moment a draw is like the fight never happened.