Did Chael Sonnen become a Jobber ?

jacky67

I don't think he's a jobber by any means, Rashad is just a more athletic fighter and pretty much equal or better at every thing Chael does well.

Before the fight I thought there may be a way Chael can stay in there and eak out a close decision if everything went his way but I was always pretty confident Rashad would take it, wasn't expecting it to come as emphatically and easy as it did though.

Sonnen and Wanderlei should be a better fight, they match up well stylisticly so it'll be interesting to see who manages to implement their game plan. I'm expecting fireworks however it goes down.

Its not cheating if its legal and 85% of the roster is using it..although i do agree it shouldnt be allowed but if i could i would..why not take advantage of anything to give you an advantage if its allowed. chael vs wandi i see it going straight to the clinch and someone is dropping instantly due to uppercuts..somewhat like the wandi v leban fight

chael vs wandi i see it going straight to the clinch and someone is dropping instantly due to uppercuts..somewhat like the wandi v leban fight

Sonnen is to smart for that.

IMO if fight last more than 3 min it will be TD fest and decision for American Gangster.

Its not cheating if its legal and 85% of the roster is using it..although i do agree it shouldnt be allowed but if i could i would..why not take advantage of anything to give you an advantage if its allowed. chael vs wandi i see it going straight to the clinch and someone is dropping instantly due to uppercuts..somewhat like the wandi v leban fight

Chael is gonna be really motivated for this fight and he's gonna do what Chael does, takes people down and smothers them. 30-27 chael and Brazil booing him all the way out of the stadium

To me Sonnen has always been the strangest combination of agressive fighter and puss (sorry if that offends anyone, i like him so im not a hater just an observation). Those two are not usually combined in combat sports. He is uber aggressive and usually goes right after his opponents, but the second he gets into any kind of trouble he folds up like a tent.

I think with him its all about confidence. When he thinks he can win, he fights like a very good fighter (anderson, stann, and shogun) and when he doesnt he mails it in (rashad and jon jones).

I would bet almost anything that when he fights Wandy he looks like the good fighter again because he thinks he can win that one.

It's kind of the Tyson thing. If he knew he was going to win the fight, it was over. If he doesn't have the absolute confidence the difference is pretty amazing. I always thought BJ Penn was the same way. Penn vs Diaz?

It's kind of the Tyson thing. If he knew he was going to win the fight, it was over. If he doesn't have the absolute confidence the difference is pretty amazing. I always thought BJ Penn was the same way. Penn vs Diaz?

I believe BJ Penn's problem was that he kind of ran his own show down in Hilo and never pushed his cardio to where it needed to be, I think his cardio was the biggest problem with BJ. To me he would of been such a great great fighter if he joined a camp like the Jackson's or Extreme couture or something like that, somewhere they would of really pushed him and made him work for everything. I think it came too naturally to BJ and he thought he was better than everyone and all he had to do was turn up to win.

Cardio was an issue, but for me Penn at some point just ran out of motivation. Same as Suga after Bones. If you look at fights with Nog and Hendo you will see it. But i believe that now he's back.IMO he just should cut to MW like Dragon. That's the elevator to be on top once more.

• 2 weeks later...

Sonnen flailing his legs helplessly was pretty funny. not to say id do any better against Rashad but hes a wrestler and a pro fighter. got beat up embarassingly by someone better than him.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wPtep5CPVvY/UohK2TTi45I/AAAAAAAADmI/Frv_I7kvqqg/s400/rashad22.gif

I watch his fights because he has really nice takedowns...and I always liked those wrestler who will come at you, take you down and don't let you do a damn thing on the ground :) And as Windig said - he won't make it to another title shot, that's obvious - but he still may give us a few really good fights :)

Sonnen vs Machida...make it happen (after Mousasi, of course).

Theres a lot of tough MWs really, Machida, Jacare, Belfort, and Rosholt are all ones that could come out ahead of the rest of the pack! and poss Evans if he decides to make the move.

Rosholt

Rosholt

Rosholt

youre talking Jake Rosholt...the guy who last fought (and got KO'd by Rumble) in 2012???

Sonnen flailing his legs helplessly was pretty funny. not to say id do any better against Rashad but hes a wrestler and a pro fighter. got beat up embarassingly by someone better than him.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wPtep5CPVvY/UohK2TTi45I/AAAAAAAADmI/Frv_I7kvqqg/s400/rashad22.gif

Sonnen vs Machida...make it happen (after Mousasi, of course).

Rosholt

Rosholt

Rosholt

youre talking Jake Rosholt...the guy who last fought (and got KO'd by Rumble) in 2012???

I guess he wanted to say Rockhold, which would make way more sense :)