Real Life betting thread

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put $20 on BJ and $20 on Jessica Ennis to come in the top 3 of BBC sports personality of the year - both odds on but it's still $17 "easy" profit because I couldn't see any way that either wouldn't happen. :)

I had no idea who Jessica Ennis was so i googled her name and i might have to start watch Heptathlon now haha :suicide_anim:

I was robbed out of an extra £20 this weekend by Bet365.

I phoned up for my normal sunday NFL bet, this weeks was Colts -6.5, Jets -6 i think, and Chargers +3.5 all at 10/11. I thought for a change i'd throw in Joe to win the x-factor, since I figured I'd end up watching it anyway and it was a 2/7 cert. So I phoned up, asked for my bets, and was promptly told I couldn't add Joe, because the market was win only.

WTF? In all my years gambling, (admittedly not on TV shows) i've never heard such crap. Offering up odds and not allowing you to add it to an accum (parlay) is just fucking wrong. Especially at odds of 2/7. Whats the point in having a market? Who, realisticly is going to do single bets on that, outside of large punters.

So that'll be the last time I bet with Bet365. Stan James here I come again!

• 1 month later...

So on Sherdog, someone posted the old odds for Pride 33. Those of us who followed the sport at the time remember that there were 4 big upsets on that card. Soko knocked out Rogerio, Trigg out-pointed Misaki, Diaz submitted Gomi, and Henderson knocked out Wanderlei with a brutal left hook. Me, being the math nerd I am, had to figure out what kind of money could be made on that parlay. Here are the posted odds for the card:

-270 Wanderlei Silva vs Dan Henderson +230

-360 Takanori Gomi vs Nick Diaz +300

-445 Mauricio Rua vs Alistair Overeem +365

-330 Kazuo Misaki vs Frank Trigg +280

-625 Kazuhiro Nakamura vs Travis Wiuff +500

-625 Hayato Sakurai vs Mac Danzig +500

-2300 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou +1350

-1100 Joachim Hansen vs Jason Ireland +750

Soko at +1350, Trigg at +280, Diaz at +300, and Henderson at +230 paid a whopping 726.32:1. So $100 on that parlay would have paid out $72,632!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

baseball season is finally upon us YAY! ive been waiting sooo looong for it to come back around. this is the first full season that im goin to get to test out my very own betting system. last year i really tinkered around a lot with a bunch of different combinations for baseball and in the final months of the season i really hit on something good. ive got my fingers crossed and if everything goes well i could potentially come out way ahead.

i won $22 bucks on opening day. it was just a $15 wager to test the waters. i'll probly go thru a couple weeks before unloading serious money into it.

p.s. if anyone on here is big baseball fans and seriously knows anything about baseball then let me know : ) i may pick your brain from time to time.

Have you guys seen Mitrione is just under evens against Kimbo? I think I'll be having a go on that one.

He's +118 on Pinnacle and I think you're outside the US so get on it. I think the lines will shift towards him the closer it gets to the fight.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Took a treble on Silva (1/6), Nelson (5/2) and Stuve 4/9 which is just under 5/1, just have a funny feeling about Roy.

But in the accumulator I've backed Dos Santos, comes out as about 60/1. Fitch and Alves is a tough call and Hughes will need to put on a good fight but who knows.

Anderson Silva @ 1/6

Jon Fitch @ EVS

Junior Dos Sanos @ 2/7

Matt Hughes @ 11/8

Clay Guida @ 5/6

Dustin Hazelett @ 8/11

Phil Davis @ 1/8

Ben Saunders @ 2/5

Stefan Struve @ 4/9

Johny Hendricks @ 1/5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Back when IFC was at the u2 for IFC 120 I put £200 on hardy, hataway and bispin all to win...... And we all k ow how that turned out.....

Still, I got that money for selling on a few tickets and I won to good seats to the show anyway so it's all good!

The girlfriend wanted to put a draw for the konga fight as the odds were 33/1 , no idea what that is in the - and + signs of things but I talked her out of it because that would never happen right? ........

Got a bet on for 125, no idea were my slip is but I will look later and let you know

Back when IFC was at the u2 for IFC 120 I put £200 on hardy, hataway and bispin all to win...... And we all k ow how that turned out.....

Still, I got that money for selling on a few tickets and I won to good seats to the show anyway so it's all good!

The girlfriend wanted to put a draw for the konga fight as the odds were 33/1 , no idea what that is in the - and + signs of things but I talked her out of it because that would never happen right? ........

Got a bet on for 125, no idea were my slip is but I will look later and let you know

Who's you money on for 125, lots of tough fights to call, good luck.

Who's you money on for 125, lots of tough fights to call, good luck.

Me and my gf both put bets on, we mainly bet aganst eachother as we hardly ever have the same view on who will win.

The bets we have on for 125 are as follows;

Mine is Brown, McKee, Stevens, Baroni, Diaz, Guida, Silva and Edgar, getting me around £79 for a £1 if they all come in

hers is Brown, Volkman, Baroni, Don hyung Kiim, Gomi, Vera and Edgar, netting her around £230 if she wins for a £1 bet.