16 year old vs 25 year old

My 16 year old Tommy Lynch just had his very first professional fight in MMA Tycoon vs a 25 year old in a QFC level 1 fight. Can't believe he was matched up with a fighter who is a lot more skillful than my fighter. Think Tommy Lynch put on a good performance, just a shame he couldn't get the win.

Fight Commentary

• Upvote 3

You should have known there would be a good chance that he would be matched up with a 25 year old. People always say a loss isn't so bad because it tests confidence anyway. Personally I don't do QFC fights. If I did want to test a fighter I'd rather ask an Org. owner for a 1-fight contract. At least you can have some more time to prepare for that particular opponent and even decline if you thought it was a bad matchup.

• Upvote 2

You should have known there would be a good chance that he would be matched up with a 25 year old. People always say a loss isn't so bad because it tests confidence anyway. Personally I don't do QFC fights. If I did want to test a fighter I'd rather ask an Org. owner for a 1-fight contract. At least you can have some more time to prepare for that particular opponent and even decline if you thought it was a bad matchup.

Not a bad idea that I might be pursuing down the road.

• Upvote 1

I've tried that before in the past and in my experiences, I've struggling getting orgs to sign my fighter just on a 1 fight deal.

Sounds insane and it was a draw... even more ridiculous! Seems to be a keeper.

There are only 2 levels in QFC. Maybe there should be more to level out the playing field or do as said above sign to 1 fight contract. Sometimes we don't have enough patience for that.

I wouldn't mind so much going against 18 year olds but to go against a 25 year old who won his first fight by KO/TKO? :D

Unfortunately its a dice roll when signing up for a QFC. It is necessary though before you wind up wasting a bunch of time & cash training someone you might wind up dropping. Think of it this way, if he loses you'll get a good handle on assessing his morale ;)

Unfortunately its a dice roll when signing up for a QFC. It is necessary though before you wind up wasting a bunch of time & cash training someone you might wind up dropping. Think of it this way, if he loses you'll get a good handle on assessing his morale ;)

That's a good point. Least my fighter showed that he can compete with those who are more experienced with him (didn't expect him to compete with a fighter 7 years older than him at 16 though :D)

Level 0 QFC for 16 and 17 year olds only? Why not, you pay $5-$10 for them. Seems reasonable to hope for a fair 1-2 fights for someone you pay real life money to buy.

I doubt you'd get enough fighters, perhaps Level 0 for 16, 17 and 18 year old fighters but a much lower skill cap than QFC level 1?

• Upvote 1

I put mine in a QFC and got a 25 year old also... set the sliders as best as I could and hoped for the best, lost a 3 round decision but IMHO doing it immediately after you set him up either helps you put your fears to rest or allows you to release him quickly if he's got crappy hiddens.

Any of you guys who want to check the fighter hiddens for 16/17/18 years old, i can set it up against a 18 years guy in Barbarian Fight Club to be a fair fight, dont do QFC.

Just pm in the game.

• Upvote 2

My 16 year old Tommy Lynch just had his very first professional fight in MMA Tycoon vs a 25 year old in a QFC level 1 fight. Can't believe he was matched up with a fighter who is a lot more skillful than my fighter. Think Tommy Lynch put on a good performance, just a shame he couldn't get the win.

Fight Commentary

Is the gap in skill from a 16 yr old and a 25 yr old at creation that far apart? While it seems like it would be looking at the ages, I wonder if we encounter similar skill gaps with older fighters often and just don't really know/see it. Seems like thew QFC Lvl 1 is so minimal, I can't imagine a 25 yr old creation having so much in skills that it would even matter.