Barbarian Fight Club - Official Smack Talk Thread

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13951670792395.jpg

Leo Galante

"Another BJJ practice went by, are you ready Uno Torres, to get submitted?"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rT2uK_JQKNI/TvyuV9JgxVI/AAAAAAAABDs/OLE8-IITqfs/s1600/smalltsn.jpg

Hi there folks, I'm Natasha Romanko and welcome to the BSPN update.

In our latest BFC news, BFC owner Pedro Fernandes, has hinted in a possible mega fight between superstar former Welterweight champion, Christopher "The Wolf" Newton and Light Heavyweight stand out, Adrien "Leao" Silva. The two were seen bickering at each other after Adrien rudely interrupted "The Wolf's" Press conference. The conversation wasn't clear, but it had seemed Adrien was proposing a challenge to the former champion, with Newton apparently saying "I'll happily oblige." If these rumors are true, we might witness one of, if not, the biggest fight in Barbarian FC history.

That's all for now. We'll continue updating once new information arises. I'm Natasha Romanko and thanks for watching.

• Upvote 2

Before I start the preview for Barbarian FC 19 I want to show you how well I did with the betting last week, did you beat my profit?

http://i.gyazo.com/54126c3f94712e752953da6bd8cb01ef.png

BARBARIAN FC 19

I really like this fight card, the biggest fight is the first fight involving one of my fighters which will prove an interesting obstacle to my writing, I will be honest and put the writing first for now, but if there is a time where I am getting beaten for maybe writing a weakness or two I shouldn't I will simply just not write about my fighters, but for now let us go on.

Sadly I can't bet on the event which I'm writing about 2 days early because I really want to be proactive. So no betting for this event.

Zachary "Zap Zap" White (8-2) vs Kanchai Suya (6-0)

This fight is amazing, both of these guys wins are all by T/KO and neither have granite chins, so we know what the ending to this fight is going to be. Zachary White (my own fighter) is a sprawl and brawler, who is also good in the clinch thanks to Lepew, most of his fights end in the first minute of the fight. White also has two losses by TKO both by former champion Pepe Lepew. Kanchai Suya is undefeated and winning this fight against a challenger like White will really put him into title contention, Suya is an elite stand up guy with fantastic Muay Thai and pretty good boxing to go along with it. I have to admit on the feet Kanchai Suya is the favourite here, I fully expect him to try and pick White apart kick by kick but he has to watch out, White can end a fight quickly. This one ends in TKO

Kanchai Suya 3rd round TKO

Damian "Jelop" Kazimierczak (1-1) vs Stevenus Liverbird (2-1)

Brown belt vs brown belt in this fight, Damian had a tough fight in his debut against Hoggets and lost by TKO to the wizard who was also a brown belt. However this time he is going against somebody with the exactly the same gameplan as him. Take down and tap out is the game here, even if either of these guys get a takedown they will be vulnerable to submissions from the bottom and the top, may as well of just entered them in the TWGC I don't expect to see a single strike landed. Anybody can submit anybody with opportunity so it really is a coin toss up to see who wins this one.

Kazimierczak 1st round sub

Klinton Klant (1-0) vs Rude Moogle (1-0)

Very very good fight here, lots of possibilities. We have Mr Klant, who specializes in Muay Thai who also owns quite good wrestling and a purple belt against Mr Moogle who sounds like a kids cartoon but has Great boxing and excellent wrestling. Moogle is very similar to Nkone who is challenging for the lightweight championship soon. This match up is interesting because who will have the stand up advantage? Klant with the Muay Thai or Moogle with the boxing? Who will have the ground advantage? Klant with the BJJ or Moogle with the wrestling? I see the fight starting with Klant landing some heavy kicks and getting the better of Moogle on the feet, Moogle will shoot for a takedown, get it and then on top. Where purple belt Klant will neutralize any attack Moogle tries to put together and eventually kick him off.

Klant 2nd round TKO

Ryan Conner (6-1) vs Lay Herman (5-0)

Another great fight here, Conner took the light heavyweight division by storm but got beaten by Maia in his title fight. He is heavy handed and all of his wins come by T/KO. Just like Zachary White, he is a sprawl and brawler and he is good at what he does. Lay Herman is a ground and pounder, all of his wins come by T/KO as well as Conner's. This fight will end with somebody being senseless. Herman will want to get an early takedown and get the ground and pound over and done with quickly, but will Conner be taken down so easily? I think Conner will stuff the takedowns and knock Herman out cold very quickly.

Conner 1st round KO

Leo "Leone" Galante (2-1) vs Uno Torres (2-0)

Young Leo is going against a tough older fighter in this matchup, Galante's bread and butter is his wrestling, but will he look to utilize it against somebody who has much better BJJ like Torres? I don't think so, Galante will be smart use his boxing and Muay Thai advantage to finish Torres on the feet, while Torres will just look to takedown spam and get the tap out. Torres will tire out and Leone will get the TKO victory if he fights and gameplans intelligently. If Galante goes to the ground with Torres will come out on top. After reviewing what I just said, I can't see this fight NOT going to the ground and once is goes there look for Torres to pounce on Galante's mistake.

Torres round 2 sub

Ceoghan "Carnage" Cartwright (3-1) vs Kagen Knight (3-0)

This is an amazing fight guys, and I will add this to my spoiler page. This is my fight of the evening. We have a young black belt which I may add is one of the few black belts in the BFC going against Knight who has probably the best wrestling in the BFC. This is gonna be an awesome fight! Knight is limited to only grappling, he doesn't have the striking capabilities like Cartwright. Cartwright is a black belt but he was submitted by brown belt Hemmo in his last fight, the questions I am asking is, was that a fluke submission or is his defensive grappling a weakness? There is no man that is going to test defensive grappling like Knight is, who like I said before probably is the best wrestler in the BFC along with a brown belt in BJJ is a very dangerous fighter. Cartwright has a striking advantage and BJJ advantage but that striking advantage is only there if he can keep the fight on the feet, which I can't see happening.

Knight round 2 TKO

Nathan "Colossus" Jones (5-3) vs Duo "Somoa Chicken Salad" Goubo (5-2)

Jones wins all come by KO, not TKO but knockout, he knocks guys out and he is a legit knockout artist using his fists. Sprawl and brawl, like White and Conner before, this is his game plan too. I feel like this event is showing the best sprawl and brawlers in the BFC. Goubo needs to take this to the ground if he wants to beat Jones, the problem is Guobo has never used his wrestling to score a takedown and his chin will only carry him so far. Jones is gonna knock Goubo out.

Jones 1st round KO

Noob Saibot (4-2) vs Rickard Ljungberg (1-0)

I wrote about Saibot before, he is an amazing striker on paper with excellent boxing and Muay Thai but he has lacked the finishing ability as all of his four wins have come by decision and he is a fighter who he needs to finish, or he will be finished himself. Ljungberg had a very tough fight for his BFC debut and showed great heart in coming back from being rocked to getting that decision win. He has the Muay Thai, wrestling and BJJ advantage and should take control of this fight and get a good win over a BFC vet. Saibot has picked the wrong fight here and is going to get TKO'ed or decision(ed) himself.

Ljungberg TKO 2nd round

Mathieu "The Sagat" Dominick (1-2) vs Shinsuke Okada (0-0)

Dominick (not Cruz) is an excellent boxer with good defensive wrestling, he has lost both by KO and submission and wants to get his career back on track by knocking Okada out. How will Dominick (not Cruz) win this fight? Let me press ctrl + c SPRAWL AND BRAWL, like White, Conner and Jones we have another sprawl and brawler fighting tonight! Incredible. Okada is making his BFC and pro MMA debut today against quite a tough fighter. Shinsuke has good boxing and a brown belt in BJJ, I'm not sure what his gameplan will be, perhaps to counter strike and counter takedown, get Dominick (not Cruz) to the floor and submit him?

I think Dominick (not Cruz) will be able to stuff takedowns and punch Okada to a first round TKO win

Ricson "White Tiger" Gracie (6-2) vs Achilles "The Knife" Nikolopoulos (7-1)

This is a battle of two heavyweight grapplers, the submission artist vs the ground and pounder. Achilles is 150cm tall and a heavyweight which is a massive advantage for fighting other submission fighters, however Gracie is not a submission artist and that height will not be an advantage for him in this fight because if Gracie gets on top of you, you're losing teeth whether you're 200cm or 150cm tall. Saying that Achilles has a wrestling advantage, which will provide very costly for Gracie if Achilles lands on top of him, you can't knock teeth out if you're on the bottom. Gracie has the BJJ and Achilles has the wrestling. Achilles will take Gracie down and submit him, maybe early or maybe late.

Achilles 3rd round sub

Thank you again for reading my preview, tell me your picks and if you have any suggestions or queries feel free to message me.

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13960960863300.png

Kanchai Suya 6-0 (All T/KO's 1-0 Barbarian)

"White, your chin will get tested in our fight, thats a promise. Of your 8 wins, only 1 of those wins are against another standup fighter. I hope that you have trained hard for this fight. I also promise to knock you out by a headkick within 2 minutes of the first round. / Suya"

• Upvote 2

Why are you asking that in this thread Juveleo? There is a TWGC thread in the main forum.

Press the little black wrestling man logo on your profile page right under where it says "Spin & Win"

Saw this coming. Because Pedro sent a message about it and if I enter, I'll be representing BFC. That's why.

Relax buddy.

BARBARIAN PRIVATE GYM

Why a private gym?

Barbarian FC only is the best 230K+ org because we have the best fighters and the best managers. We are the #1 in satisfaction ranking and we have an amazing support from you guys. In order to give some back from our managers, we decided to have this private gym in Rio, to provide the best training for our fighters.

Why should I join Barbarian Private Gym?

We are going to set the limit to 40 fighters with 13 elite 150 coachs to provide you top level training. We will also provide you guys with four sparring bots doing sparring daily with 5 star boxe, MT, wrestling and BJJ to make sure that you will have good sparring daily. We will make sure that our gym will always be pristine clean with brand new equipment.

Everyone will be accepted?

To be part of Barbarian Private Gym, you need to have your fighter in Barbarian Fight Club AND have fought at least once or have a fight signed. Remember, we will only accept 40 fighters in the gym.

Details:

Coaches: 13 coachs elite 150, being 7 double elite coachs.

Gym fee: $1.000 week.

Capacity: 40 fighters + 4 sparring bots 5 star (only do sparring, no training sessions)

Training sessions: All status except for escapes. All circuit training will be General.

Nutrition Partner: Fury Nutrition Inc. in Montreal.

One of the reasons of Barbarian Fight Club be that respect in the game, is because we have one of the most active smack talk thread in this game. With that in mind, we want to give the opportunity for these who write/read our smack talk to guarantee their slot first.

If you want to have your fighter in our Barbarian Private Gym, please post your fighter name and ID here in the smack talk thread.

Would like to thanks Conor Brazier for holding our private gym and the four sparring bots, Sir Castor Rollings who have supported us when we faced a glitch and “lost” all our gym money until Mike fixed it and Ruphus Duphus who helped us to decide the coach with all his knowledge.

• Upvote 4

Will you guys eventually add Escapes? Or no?

Escapes are useless. Heavily underpowered, they are a waste of points.

Exactly this. Escapes are actually useless, if you want to get up, you need transitions, if you want to referee stand-up, defensive grappling.

Exactly this. Escapes are actually useless, if you want to get up, you need transitions, if you want to referee stand-up, defensive grappling.

During my reviews for Honor I did see a few fighters, well two that used escapes well. I have no idea what they had there escapes set two but they would regularly get up from the bottom to standing. Neither fighter did very well but they did get the escapes to work. My fellings on escapes is this. You dont want to be on the ground get your clinch high, takedown defense high, streangth, agility, and balance high. Then if someone gets you to the ground they earned it. Most of my standup fighters dont even have degrapple becasue I dont even want them to hit the ground.

Interesting, I never knew this before.

Just out of interest Juve, why would you need escapes for Adrien or Marcelo?