Female Fighter

So just to get this straight... we struggle to get enough fighters to fill the current weight classes but you're suggesting adding more weight classes for no reason other than aesthetics. Instead of 'his' in text it will say 'her' and instead of long haired, ugly, bearded pictures we'll have long haired, ugly, clean shaved pictures.

Sounds like a great idea.

And if it isn't incorporated, it is sexist. Makes sense, I am all for catering to the vocal minority minority.

I've noticed Tibet isn't a country in this game. I met a guy from Tibet once, he would probably love to play this game because he knows Kung Fu. But there's no Tibet. Fucking racists. How can he enjoy this game if he can't choose Tibet as the country of himself and his fighters? I suggest we make a new location, like The Island, but we call it Tibet, or at least The Mountain.

• Upvote 4

So just to get this straight... we struggle to get enough fighters to fill the current weight classes but you're suggesting adding more weight classes for no reason other than aesthetics. Instead of 'his' in text it will say 'her' and instead of long haired, ugly, bearded pictures we'll have long haired, ugly, clean shaved pictures.

Sounds like a great idea.

And if it isn't incorporated, it is sexist. Makes sense, I am all for catering to the vocal minority minority.

I've noticed Tibet isn't a country in this game. I met a guy from Tibet once, he would probably love to play this game because he knows Kung Fu. But there's no Tibet. Fucking racists. How can he enjoy this game if he can't choose Tibet as the country of himself and his fighters? I suggest we make a new location, like The Island, but we call it Tibet, or at least The Mountain.

Lmao! this is better than stand-up

Again i believe the game is missing out on a female fight fan demo because u cant really have women fighters in the game, most women dnt wanna b men tht being said tht alone could help increase the amount of active users maube marginally but still it would b an increase none the less. Imagine how many women over the years stopped playing cause u cant compete in an all womens division

Say what? Do you know how many awesome games I'd have missed out on if I refused to use female characters? The only thing that matters to me is if the game is fun. MMATycoon freakin' rules, guy. Tell your g/f to relax - no one is asking her to sacrifice her ability to fashion coordinate and rearrange furniture in order to enjoy a game.

I'd just like to know where this female demographic is coming from. MMA doesn't really have a strong female demographic. Tycoon games don't really have a strong female demographic. This entire thread seems to me like your chick bitched at you about the lack of women in the game, and you then offloaded that on everyone else.

Also, I'm going to say what everyone wants to say but apparently we can't because 2014 sucks. Women just aren't that good fighters. When you watch Tate Vs Rousey, you will see that Rousey was getting smashed on the feet, easily. She doesn't know how to box, yet is the best female fighter in the world? Then you have Tate. Literally the only thing she has to do is keep punching. Instead she goes for a clinch against a Judo master? Zero fight IQ. Then, despite knowing every single second what is coming...she STILL can't avoid the armbar? You just don't get this in men's MMA. Basically, the likes of Demian Maia are ridiculously better at BJJ than Ronda, and they can't rely on that because men won't try and grab them for no reason when it makes no sense. Don't get me wrong, women in UFC have earned their spot and I've enjoyed all the fights thoroughly. But it's not exactly for their technical prowess.

• Upvote 1

I can't say a woman has ever brought me home a 5-pack of beer, so they must be OK at it.

Having em bring back a bottle of Jack eliminates the math. Most of the time it is I who cant do math at the end of the night

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see no problem with having women fighters. Orgs having a hard time finding fighters just means there are to many Orgs in the game. Even if there was only an increase of about 5% (that 5% being female manager's, that would be enough, because female weight classes won't be very common. Just like irl, many Orgs don't have weight divisions for women, because women irl only make a small % of all mma fighters. It would probably be about as common as the kick boxing divisions. I would probably have at least one female in my fighter roster.

Equal rights bitches.

Bring in women fighters. All organisations and fights are mixed. There is no separate women's division, because we're all equal. There is no difference between the women and men's skill levels, caps, learning speeds, etc.

What does change is the picture and the flavour text.

I think this would be an excellent and worthwhile addition to the game and the best usage of the game developers' time and resources.

To do anything else would be chauvinist and indicative of the outdated patriarchal dogma inherent in combat sports. This is a great opportunity for MMATycoon to stand up and be recognised as the foremost pioneer of gender equality within the sphere of competitive martial arts. Computer games. Text based.

• Upvote 2

Equal rights bitches.

Bring in women fighters. All organisations and fights are mixed. There is no separate women's division, because we're all equal. There is no difference between the women and men's skill levels, caps, learning speeds, etc.

What does change is the picture and the flavour text.

I think this would be an excellent and worthwhile addition to the game and the best usage of the game developers' time and resources.

To do anything else would be chauvinist and indicative of the outdated patriarchal dogma inherent in combat sports. This is a great opportunity for MMATycoon to stand up and be recognised as the foremost pioneer of gender equality within the sphere of competitive martial arts. Computer games. Text based.

That goes against ALL realism. Which I am against. but I'm all for SEPARATE woman divisions. With different physical caps and the same skill caps.

Realism hey??

1. Women would need to have 1 week off every month with no training and no fighting while they bleed.
  2. Clearly they aren't intelligent so that would mean a very low roll on the intelligence hidden
  3. That don't learn very quickly so they would all be slow learners
  4. All have "body issues" so confidence would have to be low as well
  5. Always seem to have "headaches" so poor injury hidden
  6. No woman is as good a a man in any sports that matter - so they need to have a massively reduced skill cap ~30% I would say is being generous

Hmmm.. Looks to me that female fighters in this game would be useless and not worth doing.

Due to lack of any sort of ability required - women make great PA's.. Maybe we could use female avatars for our PA's?

• Upvote 3

Such hypocrisy Rainbow. Not surprising coming from you though :cowboy:

jv8 -> Go through the thread, count the users responding and tally up those against. There is your vote. Feel free to repeat over the last 3 times this has come up too.

• Upvote 1

Such hypocrisy Rainbow. Not surprising coming from you though :cowboy:

jv8 -> Go through the thread, count the users responding and tally up those against. There is your vote. Feel free to repeat over the last 3 times this has come up too.

If there ever was such poll I would join STEEL PENN if they agreed to all vote no.

If people want the extra feature I don't see how this one could hurt to try. Overall seems like it would take minimal effort to add for the potential gain. Since the number of slots seems to be an issue the game could allow a slot or 2 set aside for female fighters, like what is set up with with island. I'm sure there's a percentage of current managers would use them up just because it's free slots for more fighters and it could help open the game to any female mma fans that might happen to run into the game and be on the fence about joining. Add the ability to buy extra female fighters if it gets off the ground and the feature might be at least a little bit marketable on top of any extra VIP money it might draw from new players.

We can have female fighters, anyone who wants more fighters can get them, and nobody has touched the current number of male fighters you already have access to.

To be honest, I also don't really see a huge reason to need to add it either. I'd play a game I find interesting even if the character(s) are female. If somebody was interested in signing up, but didn't just because they couldn't manage a female fighter they seems like the type of person that makes a big deal out of nothing, because really, it'll just be the gameplay but with a female avatar.

• Downvote 1