Submissions from Clinch

slick.nik

Would just like some different views on this...

I know they've recently added to additions of options and sliders to the fighter page.

In real world MMA, fighters engage in submissions from the clinch such as flying armbars, standing guillotine's, etc.

Do you think they should have a submission sliders from the clinch in MMA Tycoon?

Please let me know your thoughts!

• Upvote 4

what about defending them? IMO they should also be rare

for defending them: clinchwork and def grappling but maybe also a little BJJ and subs

they should indeed be rare or maybe we could just add a slider for that but make it really hard to pull off, would be an alternative to pulling guard for taking your opponent down?

They should be directly proportional to the difference in physicals, secondary and primary between the two fighters, not related to the absolute (for example) submission skill.

Two guys with elite submissions and clinch and unlikely to flying armbar each other. A fighter with no clinch or submissions, against a fighter with elite of both, is fucked :)

• Upvote 2

They should be directly proportional to the difference in physicals, secondary and primary between the two fighters, not related to the absolute (for example) submission skill.

Two guys with elite submissions and clinch and unlikely to flying armbar each other. A fighter with no clinch or submissions, against a fighter with elite of both, is fucked :)

That makes a lot of since. If something like that does get added I see it going in with these bases.

That makes a lot of since. If something like that does get added I see it going in with these bases.

Yeah, that would be nice!

this. physicals do need to play a big factor on this (aka jones vs lyoto).

that's a really good idea +1

• 2 months later...

exactly this I think it would add lots of flavour text and failed attempts can end up with you on the ground in a bad spot

If subs. from standing position was added i think it should be as rare as the "triple decker pecker wrecker"

Agreed,its extremely rare in real life as well as standing subs

Given how low percentage they are, I tend to think subs from the clinch falls under the category of "crap shoot" too much to improve the game.

I feel the same way,in the end this will just create more frustration down the line because people already hate the effects of clinchwork while they neglect training clinch skills,people would make wonderful clinchwork/subs guys and would get deemed OP. Besides, if you look,Bones had machida down when he began the submission,he stood him up and landed a knee to help submit him.

Given how low percentage they are, I tend to think subs from the clinch falls under the category of "crap shoot" too much to improve the game.

You mean in the game where combinations are some kind of mythical unicorn super punch?

+1

Sure they might not be the most feasible means of getting a victory, but surprise is a valid tactic, and if you're facing a strong MT fighter like likes to clinch, but has not so great defensive grappling or BJJ, you should be able to go for a kneebar or a rear naked choke on a standing opponent etc.

It would also leave room for Judo or Sambo to make their way into the game, as that is the only thing that even remotely disappoints me about MMA Tycoon, no Judo/Sambo, or Karate/Taekwondo.

Really lot of TD spammers these days, and it would really help if you could set up a guillotine after a sprawl. This would force guys to set up their takedowns :)