Rampage vs Spong (poll)

bjornmma1

Rampage vs Spong  

30 members have voted

1. 1. If this fight happens after their 'war' on twitter, who wins?

• Rampage
    • Tyrone Spong

if Rampage fights smart - uses his wrestling - he undoubtedly wins but if Rampage fights like the boxer he always wants to be Spong wins

This!

Obviously Spong will have an advantage in the standup, as he will against most in his weightclass, his weak spot will be on the ground and defending being put there. Rampage have the wrestling to put him on his back, but sometimes he chose to rely on his boxing, where he should just have gone for the takedown.

I'd probably be picking Spong. Rampage has regressed over the years into a fundamentally one dimensional (not very good) boxer, from the well-rounded fighter he used to be.

Funny thing is that Rampage was a decent wrestler in the past. In fact his GnP was probably the best part of his game. I am not sure why he changed to become a one dimensional, one punch boxer. That was never really his strong point even in his prime.

It seemed to start when he began training with Juanito Ibarra. Never understood it myself, he always had excellent MMA wrestling, all one has to do is look back at his fights with Arona, Randleman, Chuck 1, Lindland, and Henderson to see how far he has fallen from his more well-rounded days.

Funny thing is that Rampage was a decent wrestler in the past. In fact his GnP was probably the best part of his game. I am not sure why he changed to become a one dimensional, one punch boxer. That was never really his strong point even in his prime.

He showed some really good wrestling in Pride, after that he indeed became a boxer and it did work for him because he's got ko power, it would just be better if he mixed in his wrestling with his boxing he would simply be a better fighter