HONOR FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP - OFFICIAL THREAD

http://i.imgur.com/tuqhtLf.jpg

HONOR FC Vs FORBIDDEN VIOLENCE EVENT REVIEW

Saturday saw a great night of events hosted at the Parisian in Vegas, we also saw an interesting development as Forbidden Violence fighters came here and swept the HONOR FC representatives three to zero to repay the favor of HONOR doing the same to them last month. A title also switched hands as Roy “The Wardog” Pitbull defeated the now former champ by third round TKO.

Brandon "Badboy" Marsden (17-14-1) vs "Gung Ho" Vladimir Van Kirkland (20-12)

Despite being controlled on the ground Van Kirkland was able to outwork his opponent on the feet and take a narrow decision. Marsden had plenty of opportunities on the ground to finish it but was unable to capitalize on his superior position. As we often see the judges favored the guy who was able to stay more active with the punches.

Prediction: Marsden Via Sub Round 2 Result” Van Kirkland Via UD

"THE ASSASSINATOR" Mikael Johansson (24-13) vs "Go" Phukyorselvf Uzannavabizch (28-12-1)

Pretty quick fight here as Johansson was able to out strike the striker and apply a devastating finish with a vicious combination of punches and finish this one even quicker than expected.

Prediction: Johansson Via TKO Round 2 Result: Johansson Via TKO Round 1

Oberyn "Steel" Martell (15-9) vs "The Impaler" Vladimir Ignatov (10-3-1)

Ignatov took a close decision for the second time in a row here as he was able to negate the superior clinch ability of Martell and control the distance with leg kicks and stiff jabs to ride this one out on the judges’ cards. A bit of a surprise here as Ignatov generally looks for the kill but a safe game plan was obviously a good choice.

Prediction: Martell Via TKO Round 2 Result: Ignatov Via UD

James "Java Man" Avalon (21-11) vs Jules Winnfield (21-15)

This one was always going to be close and a finish was almost certainly on the cards as each one of these guys carries shocking knock out power. Surprisingly Avalon went for several takedowns throughout the fight, most of which were stuffed and resulted in him eating big shots from Winnfield. After two and half rounds of brutal warfare Winnfield was able to connect with several shots that sent the exhausted Avalon to the mat and forced the ref to step in.

Prediction: Avalon TKO Round 3 Result: Winnfield TKO Round 3

Doug Graves (25-14) vs Drazen Kadoic (28-18)

Graves was able to come out of this fight with a unanimous 29-28 decision of Kadoic. I predicted Drazen to win this one by connecting with a power shot, but sadly for him that moment never came as Graves was able to use his speed to move in and out and connect with a high volume of punches.

Prediction: Kadoic TKO Round 1 Result: Graves UD

"Wittertainment" Mayo Kermode (21-12) vs Jermaine "The Juggernaut" Barksdale (16-6)

Little bit of a shocker here on the scorecards as Juggernaut took this one with a 29-28 decision, the deciding factor was certainly the takedown he landed in the third to secure the round and the fight despite being outworked and out struck throughout the affair.

Prediction: Barksdale TKO Round 1 Result: Barksdale UD

Marlon "The Predator" Worthy (28-17) vs Super Hans (26-11)

This fight was always going to be close and I had Hans narrowly defeating Worthy, however Worthy was able to use much crisper striking to outwork the sloppy Hans.

Prediction: Hans UD Result: Worthy UD

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (26-10) vs Roy "The Wardog" Pitbull (27-12-1)

Sadly for the now former champion this one went exactly as expected, the quickness, power, and takedown ability of Pitbull was too much for Cottero though Cottero put in a great effort. Pitbull was able to move in and out of the pocket on the feet and use his striking to set up a perfectly timed takedown in the third and used his expert ground and pound to finish it with a nasty elbow.

Prediction: Pitbull TKO Round 3 Result: Pitbull TKO Round 3

Augustus "Deadshot" Belmont (27-12) vs Dack Fayden (14-6)

Once again the power striking of Belmont proved to be too much for his opponent, a sad effort from Fayden in this one as he never really got off and basically ate shots until Belmont finally finished it with a vicious uppercut in the first round.

Prediction: Belmont TKO Round 1 Result: Belmont TKO Round 1

This was a great show in front of a sold out crowd at the Parisian, the event was given rave reviews and all of the fighters put on an amazing show for the fans. We would like to thank all of the Forbidden Violence fighters who came here to take on some our best, great work tonight to guys. That’s all for now, next we look forward to another great Wednesday night card.

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXII EVENT PREVIEW

Hey fight fans! We have yet another action packed event planned for this Wednesday to help you get you guys through your work week. No titles on the line but we do have several incredibly popular fighters in the cage prepared to put on a show for the thousands of HONOR fans that are going to pack the Palmtree in Vegas.

"The Real O.G." Ragnar Lothbrok (4-1) vs Tim Tupy (3-4)

Tupy is becoming well known for being one of the most active fighters in the promotion. He is always stepping up to take on whoever Dan Monk puts in front of him and I know for a fact that that will garner you a lot of respect within the organization. Tupy is taking on another HONOR mainstay in the highly touted Lothbrok who already holds a win over Tupy and is carrying a three fight win streak into this fight. Tupy has a big time advantage on the ground but sadly for him I don't see him having the ability to bring it there. Lothbrok should be able to use his quick hands and devastating kicks to finish this one early.

Prediction: Lothbrok via (T)KO Round 1

Boris JorJovsky (14-8) vs Jonathan "The Cheetah" Mvungi (9-10)

Another rematch here, this time in the 145lb division; JorJovsky was able to win the last contest via TKO through vicious ground strikes. Mvungi has really improved his TDD and grappling defense since their last encounter, however JorJovsky is still an incredibly talented wrestler and holds a black belt in BJJ. Unless Mvungi is able to land some big shots early and finish it I see this contest being similar to the last, though I do see Boris finishing with a submission instead.

Prediction: JorJovsky via Sub Round 3

Gustavo Gracie (7-4) vs Donovan "Ronin" Robinson (9-4)

Very interesting match up between two guys who have nothing but submission victories in the win column. Robinson actually holds a pretty serious stand up advantage here and I expect him to try to keep it on the feet and avoid the better BJJ of Gracie. Ultimately I do feel that this one will end up on the ground and if Gracie can avoid the power shots from Robinson while he is on the top he could possibly pull of a submission. Ultimately I feel Robinson will play it safe on the feet and look to control from the top position using his superior wrestling.

Prediction: Robinson via UD

"MANCHESTER BLACK" Mikael Johansson (24-16) vs Roope Latvala (12-4)

This has all of the makings of a fight of the night candidate as two world class Light Heavyweights square off in the HONOR FC cage. Johansson has just recently made his HONOR debut and did so in impressive fashion with a huge TKO victory against a top contender. He takes on Latvala; a man with a ton of heart, a granite chin, and a lot of skills to go with them. Not much of a skill difference between these two so I have to go with the more experienced Johansson and account for the fact that his power has been on display now that he is under new management.

Prediction: Johansson via (T)KO Round 2

Derec "The Smile" Negreanu (5-3-1) vs Fabricio "Warewolf" Rodrigues (14-12)

Interesting fight here as we have the super hyped Negreanu coming against the much more experienced Rodrigues; who is making his HONOR debut, as well as debuting under a new manager. Both of these fighters are KO artists and love to stand and trade punches, conventional wisdom is telling me to support the younger fighter riding a hot streak of KO wins; that would be Negreanu; however I am picking Rodrigues to experience a bit of a resurgence in his career now that he is under new management. He should also be able to take advantage of Negreanu's somewhat suspect chin to finish this one with strikes.

Prediction: Rodrigues via (T)KO Round 1

Sub Norris (23-15) vs Bruce (Mr.Jiu Jiu Jitsu) Gracie (22-15)

This is a big fight in the featherweight division as the well traveled Norris takes on recent title challenger Bruce Gracie. Nothing much to pick from as these guys have nearly identical records, skills, chins, and strength of competition; essentially this a coin toss. Both fighters are world class wrestlers and have black belts in BJJ. Gracie appears to be a little quicker on his feet and has solid traditional boxing, however if this ends up in the clinch Norris has a fairly significant advantage. My heart is telling me to go with Gracie seeing as how our current champion is the only man to stop him here in HONOR, yet for some reason I see Norris being able to close the gap on the feet, soften his opponent up with superior clinch striking and even control from the ground.

Prediction: Norris via UD

Every fight on the card tonight looks like an incredibly even contest as each fighter has the capability to stop his opponent. There aren't any titles on the line tonight but every man here is fighting for the most importing thing. Their honor, and after all that is what this sport and this organization is about.

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXII EVENT PREVIEW

Hey fight fans! We have yet another action packed event planned for this Wednesday to help you get you guys through your work week. No titles on the line but we do have several incredibly popular fighters in the cage prepared to put on a show for the thousands of HONOR fans that are going to pack the Palmtree in Vegas.

"The Real O.G." Ragnar Lothbrok (4-1) vs Tim Tupy (3-4)

Tupy is becoming well known for being one of the most active fighters in the promotion. He is always stepping up to take on whoever Dan Monk puts in front of him and I know for a fact that that will garner you a lot of respect within the organization. Tupy is taking on another HONOR mainstay in the highly touted Lothbrok who already holds a win over Tupy and is carrying a three fight win streak into this fight. Tupy has a big time advantage on the ground but sadly for him I don't see him having the ability to bring it there. Lothbrok should be able to use his quick hands and devastating kicks to finish this one early.

Prediction: Lothbrok via (T)KO Round 1

Boris JorJovsky (14-8) vs Jonathan "The Cheetah" Mvungi (9-10)

Another rematch here, this time in the 145lb division; JorJovsky was able to win the last contest via TKO through vicious ground strikes. Mvungi has really improved his TDD and grappling defense since their last encounter, however JorJovsky is still an incredibly talented wrestler and holds a black belt in BJJ. Unless Mvungi is able to land some big shots early and finish it I see this contest being similar to the last, though I do see Boris finishing with a submission instead.

Prediction: JorJovsky via Sub Round 3

Gustavo Gracie (7-4) vs Donovan "Ronin" Robinson (9-4)

Very interesting match up between two guys who have nothing but submission victories in the win column. Robinson actually holds a pretty serious stand up advantage here and I expect him to try to keep it on the feet and avoid the better BJJ of Gracie. Ultimately I do feel that this one will end up on the ground and if Gracie can avoid the power shots from Robinson while he is on the top he could possibly pull of a submission. Ultimately I feel Robinson will play it safe on the feet and look to control from the top position using his superior wrestling.

Prediction: Robinson via UD

"MANCHESTER BLACK" Mikael Johansson (24-16) vs Roope Latvala (12-4)

This has all of the makings of a fight of the night candidate as two world class Light Heavyweights square off in the HONOR FC cage. Johansson has just recently made his HONOR debut and did so in impressive fashion with a huge TKO victory against a top contender. He takes on Latvala; a man with a ton of heart, a granite chin, and a lot of skills to go with them. Not much of a skill difference between these two so I have to go with the more experienced Johansson and account for the fact that his power has been on display now that he is under new management.

Prediction: Johansson via (T)KO Round 2

Derec "The Smile" Negreanu (5-3-1) vs Fabricio "Warewolf" Rodrigues (14-12)

Interesting fight here as we have the super hyped Negreanu coming against the much more experienced Rodrigues; who is making his HONOR debut, as well as debuting under a new manager. Both of these fighters are KO artists and love to stand and trade punches, conventional wisdom is telling me to support the younger fighter riding a hot streak of KO wins; that would be Negreanu; however I am picking Rodrigues to experience a bit of a resurgence in his career now that he is under new management. He should also be able to take advantage of Negreanu's somewhat suspect chin to finish this one with strikes.

Prediction: Rodrigues via (T)KO Round 1

Sub Norris (23-15) vs Bruce (Mr.Jiu Jiu Jitsu) Gracie (22-15)

This is a big fight in the featherweight division as the well traveled Norris takes on recent title challenger Bruce Gracie. Nothing much to pick from as these guys have nearly identical records, skills, chins, and strength of competition; essentially this a coin toss. Both fighters are world class wrestlers and have black belts in BJJ. Gracie appears to be a little quicker on his feet and has solid traditional boxing, however if this ends up in the clinch Norris has a fairly significant advantage. My heart is telling me to go with Gracie seeing as how our current champion is the only man to stop him here in HONOR, yet for some reason I see Norris being able to close the gap on the feet, soften his opponent up with superior clinch striking and even control from the ground.

Prediction: Norris via UD

Every fight on the card tonight looks like an incredibly even contest as each fighter has the capability to stop his opponent. There aren't any titles on the line tonight but every man here is fighting for the most importing thing. Their honor, and after all that is what this sport and this organization is about.

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXII EVENT REVIEW

We saw yet another great night of mid week fights this past Wednesday here in HONOR FC. Several of these entertaining wars went the distance, and quite a few were finished in devastating fashion. All 2,200 fans in attendance had a great time and you could tell that the sell out crows had these guys hyped to step up and put on a show.

K The Rad (15-5) vs Takeshi Watanabe (10-10)

In our first fight K The Rad was able to dominate Watanabe on the feet as he landed an absurd 173 strikes to his opponents 3. The only positive thing I can say about Watanabe here is that this dude has the heart of a wild animal.

Prediction: N/A Result: K The Rad via UD

Derec "The Smile" Negreanu (5-4-1) vs Fabricio "Warewolf" Rodrigues (15-12)

The surging Negreanu ran into a freight train named Fabricio Rodrigues in this one. The youngster came out looking to establish a rhythm on the feet and even connected with some nice shots, unfortunately for him Rodrigues was not fazed and connected with a huge punch to finish this one early.

Prediction: Rodrigues (T)KO Round 1 Result: Rodrigues KO Round 1

"The Real O.G." Ragnar Lothbrok (5-1) vs Tim Tupy (3-5)

A victory via strikes was always on the cards for Lothbrok in this one. Tupy has a suspect chin but loves to stand and trade, Lothbrok is a KO machine and has crisp clean striking. Both men came out swinging and Lothbrok dropped his opponent a staggering three times in a 1:16 to finish this fight in brutal fashion.

Prediction: Lothbrok (T)KO Round 1 Result: Lothbrok TKO Round 1

Boris JorJovsky (14-9) vs Jonathan "The Cheetah" Mvungi (10-10)

I predicted JorJovsky to be able to avoid the early onslaught of Mvungi and grind out a late submission win. Instead Mvungi came on really strong and really fast and was able to stuff all six of his opponents take down attempts and drop him with a huge counter combo that sent his opponent to the mat and out of the fight.

Prediction: JorJovsky Sub Round 3 Result: Mvungi TKO Round 1

Gustavo Gracie (8-4) vs Donovan "Ronin" Robinson (9-5)

I thought that Robinson would have been able to keep the distance and use his striking and high level defensive grappling to cruise to a decision. In actuality Gracie landed a quick takedown in each round and was able to finish his opponent with a high level arm triangle in round 2

Prediction: Robinson UD Result: Gracie Sub Round 2

"MANCHESTER BLACK" Mikael Johansson (24-17) vs Roope Latvala (13-4)

This was a very close decision between two high level fighters, this had all of the makings of a stand up battle with a high strike rate. However the takedowns and top control of Latvala actually rescued him from a poor round one performance and delivered him a crucial win to move up the 205 ladder.

Sub Norris (24-15) vs Bruce "Mr.Jiu Jiu Jitsu" Gracie (22-15)

This was always set to be a close contest, Gracie was coming off of a crushing loss in his bid for a title, and Norris needed this one to move within title range himself. Norris was able to use his clinch game to tire his opponent early and use takedowns and superior top position to grind out a solid victory or the tough Bruce Gracie.

Prediction: Norris UD Result: Norris UD

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXII EVENT REVIEW

We saw yet another great night of mid week fights this past Wednesday here in HONOR FC. Several of these entertaining wars went the distance, and quite a few were finished in devastating fashion. All 2,200 fans in attendance had a great time and you could tell that the sell out crows had these guys hyped to step up and put on a show.

K The Rad (15-5) vs Takeshi Watanabe (10-10)

In our first fight K The Rad was able to dominate Watanabe on the feet as he landed an absurd 173 strikes to his opponents 3. The only positive thing I can say about Watanabe here is that this dude has the heart of a wild animal.

Prediction: N/A Result: K The Rad via UD

Derec "The Smile" Negreanu (5-4-1) vs Fabricio "Warewolf" Rodrigues (15-12)

The surging Negreanu ran into a freight train named Fabricio Rodrigues in this one. The youngster came out looking to establish a rhythm on the feet and even connected with some nice shots, unfortunately for him Rodrigues was not fazed and connected with a huge punch to finish this one early.

Prediction: Rodrigues (T)KO Round 1 Result: Rodrigues KO Round 1

"The Real O.G." Ragnar Lothbrok (5-1) vs Tim Tupy (3-5)

A victory via strikes was always on the cards for Lothbrok in this one. Tupy has a suspect chin but loves to stand and trade, Lothbrok is a KO machine and has crisp clean striking. Both men came out swinging and Lothbrok dropped his opponent a staggering three times in a 1:16 to finish this fight in brutal fashion.

Prediction: Lothbrok (T)KO Round 1 Result: Lothbrok TKO Round 1

Boris JorJovsky (14-9) vs Jonathan "The Cheetah" Mvungi (10-10)

I predicted JorJovsky to be able to avoid the early onslaught of Mvungi and grind out a late submission win. Instead Mvungi came on really strong and really fast and was able to stuff all six of his opponents take down attempts and drop him with a huge counter combo that sent his opponent to the mat and out of the fight.

Prediction: JorJovsky Sub Round 3 Result: Mvungi TKO Round 1

Gustavo Gracie (8-4) vs Donovan "Ronin" Robinson (9-5)

I thought that Robinson would have been able to keep the distance and use his striking and high level defensive grappling to cruise to a decision. In actuality Gracie landed a quick takedown in each round and was able to finish his opponent with a high level arm triangle in round 2

Prediction: Robinson UD Result: Gracie Sub Round 2

"MANCHESTER BLACK" Mikael Johansson (24-17) vs Roope Latvala (13-4)

This was a very close decision between two high level fighters, this had all of the makings of a stand up battle with a high strike rate. However the takedowns and top control of Latvala actually rescued him from a poor round one performance and delivered him a crucial win to move up the 205 ladder.

Sub Norris (24-15) vs Bruce "Mr.Jiu Jiu Jitsu" Gracie (22-15)

This was always set to be a close contest, Gracie was coming off of a crushing loss in his bid for a title, and Norris needed this one to move within title range himself. Norris was able to use his clinch game to tire his opponent early and use takedowns and superior top position to grind out a solid victory or the tough Bruce Gracie.

Prediction: Norris UD Result: Norris UD

HONOR FC 22 BAD BLOOD EVENT PREVIEW

HONOR FC is bringing yet another highly anticipated title fight to the Parisian in Las Vegas, thousands will be in attendance as Baggins will defend his recently acquired lightweight belt against the incredibly talented Rin. We also have a main event featuring two of the most popular welterweights in the city as Cliff takes on Larocque in what looks to be the predestined fight of the night.

"Manchester Black" Mikael Johansson (24-17) vs Dom Danky (22-14-1)

Two guys coming off of losses will be intering the cage in the light heavyweight division. Each one of these guys is incredibly talented and has just run in to some very tough opponents who were able to narrowly defeat them. Both guys love to strike and have chins that may as well have been chiseled from stone. I do give a slight edge to Danky here simply because Johansson is coming in still injured from his last fight. We all know how much trouble this can cause and that referees will always look to step in and stop a fight when a cut gets too bad.

Prediction: Danky (T)KO Round 1

Oberyn "Steel" Martell (15-9) vs "Chairman" Mao Zedong (15-5)

We have a couple of guys in the welterweight division who are coming off of losses, Zedong suffered a devastating KO at the hands of the dangerous Belmont and Martell has been outpointed twice in a row. This looks to be a close affair as both men are desperate for a win, they are both great strikers with historically tough chins. If Zedong plays it smart and uses his superior quickness to move in and out of the pocket he could ride out a decision victory. However I see him being incredibly aggressive and attempting to finish the insanely tough Martell, this should result in him eating big shots and falling short of victory.

Prediction: Marell (T)KO round 2

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (26-10) vs "The King" Oliver Queen (22-15)

Interesting fight between two incredible bantamweights, Cottero is coming off of a loss that saw him lose his title and in recent fights Queen has been hitting his stride and sees himself nearing the top of the HONOR ranks. Both of these guys like to use their wide array of mixed martial arts skills to dominate and finish their opponents. Cottero brings a lot of experience into this fight and would love nothing more than to get a big win against Queen and get back into the title hunt. However Queen has proven to be incredibly difficult to finish and I am picking him to come out and shock the former champ.

Prediction: Queen (T)KO round 3

"The Fallen Angel" Benjamin St Andre (29-13) vs Riley Cooper (21-7)

Cooper is coming off of what I would consider to be a shocking loss against Vinnie Jones in hid for the HONOR FC 155lb belt. He faces off against the incredibly talented St. Andre who is coming off of a loss himself. Each fighter needs this win to propel themselves back up to the top of the division. Look for Cooper to try to control this fight with take downs and aggressive wrestling while in top control. St. Andre definitely has the ability to win and finish this fight, however I expect Cooper to learn from the mistakes he made in his last fight and take his foot off of the gas a bit to control the bout.

Prediction: Cooper UD

Bilbo "The Brazilian Butcher" Baggins (16-3) vs Kato "Tsunami" Rin (22-9)

The HONOR FC middleweight champ Baggins is taking on the very experienced BJJ blackbelt Kato Rin. Both of these fighters are incredibly dangerous on the ground and sport some pretty serious striking, though they both prefer to seek submissions. Since coming to HONOR Rin has shown an inability to finish and has been finished by KO in 2 of his last 3 fights. Baggins has been an absolute killer finishing all of his opponents by submission since joining the promotion. I expect Baggins to keep his great win streak going by taking Rin to the ground, using a high work rate and mixing it up and finishing by ground and pound.

Prediction: Baggins (T)KO Round 2

"Rasta" Ziggy Cliff (22-10) vs Bryan "Thunder" Larocque (27-12)

This is a big battle between two insanely popular welterweights who love to put on a show for the fans. Both of these fighters have great BJJ and essentially just choose to not use it as both of them have double digit TKO victories on their records. They each love to come in with a high work rate and finish their opponents. My only real fear in regards to this fight is that they are so even and so eager to finish that they somehow cancel each other out and it turns into a draw. I see Cliff being able to muster up a take down or two where his ground and pound can make the difference in the fight.

Prediction: Cliff UD

HONOR FC 22 BAD BLOOD EVENT PREVIEW

HONOR FC is bringing yet another highly anticipated title fight to the Parisian in Las Vegas, thousands will be in attendance as Baggins will defend his recently acquired lightweight belt against the incredibly talented Rin. We also have a main event featuring two of the most popular welterweights in the city as Cliff takes on Larocque in what looks to be the predestined fight of the night.

"Manchester Black" Mikael Johansson (24-17) vs Dom Danky (22-14-1)

Two guys coming off of losses will be intering the cage in the light heavyweight division. Each one of these guys is incredibly talented and has just run in to some very tough opponents who were able to narrowly defeat them. Both guys love to strike and have chins that may as well have been chiseled from stone. I do give a slight edge to Danky here simply because Johansson is coming in still injured from his last fight. We all know how much trouble this can cause and that referees will always look to step in and stop a fight when a cut gets too bad.

Prediction: Danky (T)KO Round 1

Oberyn "Steel" Martell (15-9) vs "Chairman" Mao Zedong (15-5)

We have a couple of guys in the welterweight division who are coming off of losses, Zedong suffered a devastating KO at the hands of the dangerous Belmont and Martell has been outpointed twice in a row. This looks to be a close affair as both men are desperate for a win, they are both great strikers with historically tough chins. If Zedong plays it smart and uses his superior quickness to move in and out of the pocket he could ride out a decision victory. However I see him being incredibly aggressive and attempting to finish the insanely tough Martell, this should result in him eating big shots and falling short of victory.

Prediction: Marell (T)KO round 2

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (26-10) vs "The King" Oliver Queen (22-15)

Interesting fight between two incredible bantamweights, Cottero is coming off of a loss that saw him lose his title and in recent fights Queen has been hitting his stride and sees himself nearing the top of the HONOR ranks. Both of these guys like to use their wide array of mixed martial arts skills to dominate and finish their opponents. Cottero brings a lot of experience into this fight and would love nothing more than to get a big win against Queen and get back into the title hunt. However Queen has proven to be incredibly difficult to finish and I am picking him to come out and shock the former champ.

Prediction: Queen (T)KO round 3

Cooper is coming off of what I would consider to be a shocking loss against Vinnie Jones in hid for the HONOR FC 155lb belt. He faces off against the incredibly talented St. Andre who is coming off of a loss himself. Each fighter needs this win to propel themselves back up to the top of the division. Look for Cooper to try to control this fight with take downs and aggressive wrestling while in top control. St. Andre definitely has the ability to win and finish this fight, however I expect Cooper to learn from the mistakes he made in his last fight and take his foot off of the gas a bit to control the bout.

Prediction: Cooper UD

Bilbo "The Brazilian Butcher" Baggins (16-3) vs Kato "Tsunami" Rin (22-9)

The HONOR FC middleweight champ Baggins is taking on the very experienced BJJ blackbelt Kato Rin. Both of these fighters are incredibly dangerous on the ground and sport some pretty serious striking, though they both prefer to seek submissions. Since coming to HONOR Rin has shown an inability to finish and has been finished by KO in 2 of his last 3 fights. Baggins has been an absolute killer finishing all of his opponents by submission since joining the promotion. I expect Baggins to keep his great win streak going by taking Rin to the ground, using a high work rate and mixing it up and finishing by ground and pound.

Prediction: Baggins (T)KO Round 2

"Rasta" Ziggy Cliff (22-10) vs Bryan "Thunder" Larocque (27-12)

This is a big battle between two insanely popular welterweights who love to put on a show for the fans. Both of these fighters have great BJJ and essentially just choose to not use it as both of them have double digit TKO victories on their records. They each love to come in with a high work rate and finish their opponents. My only real fear in regards to this fight is that they are so even and so eager to finish that they somehow cancel each other out and it turns into a draw. I see Cliff being able to muster up a take down or two where his ground and pound can make the difference in the fight.

Prediction: Cliff UD

HONOR FC 22 BAD BLOOD EVENT REVIEW

A near capacity crowd filed in to the Parisian here in Vegas to watch the epic battles in the HONOR CAGE, the fans saw a dominant performance by the 185lb champ Baggins, as well as another big win for fan favorite Ziggy Cliff.

"Muharebe Tankı" Murat Orgun (22-17) vs Sau "I SUCK ,YEAH LITERALLY " Minneo (14-14)

Minneo came out very aggressive and threw a high volume of punches, the very experienced and dangerous Orgun was able to counter this aggression with a huge left hook to drop his opponent in round one.

Prediction: N/A Result: Orgun TKO round 1

Al "KO" Hallick (7-2) vs Derec "The Dirty" Waller (5-2)

Hallick certainly lived up to his nickname in this one, he was able to clinch his opponent early and decimate him from that position as he cruised toward a violent TKO finish.

Prediction: N/A Result: Hallick TKO round 1

"Manchester Black" Mikael Johansson (24-18) vs Dom Danky (23-14-1)

Johansson certainly earned a lot of respect here as he stepped into the cage on short notice with an unhealed cut from his last fight. "Manchester Black" came out very aggressive in this fight, as usual, and saw a lot of early success. It seems as if the injury got the better of him as it was opened up early on, he was eventually caught by the talented Danky and finished by strikes.

Prediction: Danky (T)KO round 1 Result: Danky TKO round 1

Oberyn "Steel" Martell (16-9) vs "Chairman" Mao Zedong (15-6)

As always Zedong came out to put on a show, undoubtedly why the fans love him so much. He implemented a good game plan by keeping his dangerous opponent in the clinch and using high volume striking to dominate the fight. However with a guy like Martell it only takes one significant slip up, which came in the third round as Zedong ramped up the aggression and began to miss with some big strike attempts. Martell countered hard while in the clinch rocked his opponent and forced the referee to step in.

Prediction: Martell (T)KO round 2 Result: Martell TKO round 3

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (26-11) vs "The King" Oliver Queen (23-15)

Cottero really needed this one to get back into a position to reclaim his title, sadly for him he ran into the human freight train that has been Oliver Queen who certainly in the finest form of his career. Cottero actually put in a really great night of work and was switching levels and mixing strikes well. Queen was able to keep Cottero guessing as well with a great takedown in round one, and some serious power punching throughout the second. The final moment came when "The King" used the classic fake low, kick high combo and sent Cottero crashing to the mat with the KO of the night.

Prediction: Queen (T)KO round 3 Result: Queen KO round 2

This was an incredibly tight fight between two men who were desperate for a win, and really needed a victory to get back in the running for a title bid. Cooper was able to win the first round because of a vital takedown. After that it was pretty much all St Andre on the feet as he was able to use superior footwork and crisp striking to take it on the score cards.

Prediction: Cooper UD Result: St Andre UD

Bilbo "The Brazilian Butcher" Baggins (17-3) vs Kato "Tsunami" Rin (22-10)

Baggins; HONOR middle weight champ; was able to retain his belt against the dangerous striker Kato Rin. The prospects of Rin winning a ground battle were never good, and we all knew he would struggle to keep the fight standing. Rin actually did a better job than expected by stuffing several take down attempts and landing some good shots on the feet, however the work rate, technical skill, and pure power of the champion was too much in this one. Rin did a good job of avoiding the strikes of the champ but still ate a large volume of ground strikes and spent too much time on his back to win in the eyes of the judges.

Prediction: Baggins (T)KO round 2 Result: Baggins UD

"Rasta" Ziggy Cliff (23-10) vs Bryan "Thunder" Larocque (27-13)

Despite going to to the cards this was an incredibly one sided fight, as Cliff completely threw Larocque off of his game by clinching early and often and absolutely battering his opponent. Given the dominant nature of this fight and the fact that his opponent is very skilled I would have to imagine that this victory pushes the insanely popular Cliff close to a title shot, as for Larocque I look for him to bounce back and come back really strong in his next fight.

Prediction: Cliff UD Result: Cliff UD

This was another highly rated fight for HONOR FC and it's great stable of fighters. Every time the guys come out under the HONOR banner they look to finish their opponents, and entertain the fans, in return we all get closer to becoming the best organization, and fighters in the tycoon world. For this we here at HONOR would like to thank our amazing managers for their commitment to the organization and the positive gameplan they instill in their fighters.

• Upvote 1

HONOR FC 22 BAD BLOOD EVENT REVIEW

A near capacity crowd filed in to the Parisian here in Vegas to watch the epic battles in the HONOR CAGE, the fans saw a dominant performance by the 185lb champ Baggins, as well as another big win for fan favorite Ziggy Cliff.

"Muharebe Tankı" Murat Orgun (22-17) vs Sau "I SUCK ,YEAH LITERALLY " Minneo (14-14)

Minneo came out very aggressive and threw a high volume of punches, the very experienced and dangerous Orgun was able to counter this aggression with a huge left hook to drop his opponent in round one.

Prediction: N/A Result: Orgun TKO round 1

Al "KO" Hallick (7-2) vs Derec "The Dirty" Waller (5-2)

Hallick certainly lived up to his nickname in this one, he was able to clinch his opponent early and decimate him from that position as he cruised toward a violent TKO finish.

Prediction: N/A Result: Hallick TKO round 1

"Manchester Black" Mikael Johansson (24-18) vs Dom Danky (23-14-1)

Johansson certainly earned a lot of respect here as he stepped into the cage on short notice with an unhealed cut from his last fight. "Manchester Black" came out very aggressive in this fight, as usual, and saw a lot of early success. It seems as if the injury got the better of him as it was opened up early on, he was eventually caught by the talented Danky and finished by strikes.

Prediction: Danky (T)KO round 1 Result: Danky TKO round 1

Oberyn "Steel" Martell (16-9) vs "Chairman" Mao Zedong (15-6)

As always Zedong came out to put on a show, undoubtedly why the fans love him so much. He implemented a good game plan by keeping his dangerous opponent in the clinch and using high volume striking to dominate the fight. However with a guy like Martell it only takes one significant slip up, which came in the third round as Zedong ramped up the aggression and began to miss with some big strike attempts. Martell countered hard while in the clinch rocked his opponent and forced the referee to step in.

Prediction: Martell (T)KO round 2 Result: Martell TKO round 3

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (26-11) vs "The King" Oliver Queen (23-15)

Cottero really needed this one to get back into a position to reclaim his title, sadly for him he ran into the human freight train that has been Oliver Queen who certainly in the finest form of his career. Cottero actually put in a really great night of work and was switching levels and mixing strikes well. Queen was able to keep Cottero guessing as well with a great takedown in round one, and some serious power punching throughout the second. The final moment came when "The King" used the classic fake low, kick high combo and sent Cottero crashing to the mat with the KO of the night.

Prediction: Queen (T)KO round 3 Result: Queen KO round 2

This was an incredibly tight fight between two men who were desperate for a win, and really needed a victory to get back in the running for a title bid. Cooper was able to win the first round because of a vital takedown. After that it was pretty much all St Andre on the feet as he was able to use superior footwork and crisp striking to take it on the score cards.

Prediction: Cooper UD Result: St Andre UD

Bilbo "The Brazilian Butcher" Baggins (17-3) vs Kato "Tsunami" Rin (22-10)

Baggins; HONOR middle weight champ; was able to retain his belt against the dangerous striker Kato Rin. The prospects of Rin winning a ground battle were never good, and we all knew he would struggle to keep the fight standing. Rin actually did a better job than expected by stuffing several take down attempts and landing some good shots on the feet, however the work rate, technical skill, and pure power of the champion was too much in this one. Rin did a good job of avoiding the strikes of the champ but still ate a large volume of ground strikes and spent too much time on his back to win in the eyes of the judges.

Prediction: Baggins (T)KO round 2 Result: Baggins UD

"Rasta" Ziggy Cliff (23-10) vs Bryan "Thunder" Larocque (27-13)

Despite going to to the cards this was an incredibly one sided fight, as Cliff completely threw Larocque off of his game by clinching early and often and absolutely battering his opponent. Given the dominant nature of this fight and the fact that his opponent is very skilled I would have to imagine that this victory pushes the insanely popular Cliff close to a title shot, as for Larocque I look for him to bounce back and come back really strong in his next fight.

Prediction: Cliff UD Result: Cliff UD

This was another highly rated fight for HONOR FC and it's great stable of fighters. Every time the guys come out under the HONOR banner they look to finish their opponents, and entertain the fans, in return we all get closer to becoming the best organization, and fighters in the tycoon world. For this we here at HONOR would like to thank our amazing managers for their commitment to the organization and the positive gameplan they instill in their fighters.

Woo hoooo did the same to you what you guys did to FV white wash.

Well done great event can't wait for the next one

Congratulations mate!!

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXIII EVENT PREVIEW

On July 9th the incredibly successful Wednesday Warriors serious will take it's fights to The Palmtree in Las Vegas, HONOR FC has some of the most popular fighters in the city squaring off in seven exciting match ups that look like sure fire barn burners!

Alex Irwin (5-5) vs Marek "Next Polish Prodigy" Walczak (1-0)

Irwin is a fantastic striker who is looking end a bit of a losing streak; he is squaring off against the well rounded new comer Walczak; who unfortunately for Irwin has a solid ground game. If this fight stays on the feet Irwin should take it all the way, however I see Walczak bringing the submission prone Irwin down early and finishing the fight on the ground.

Prediction: Walczak Sub Round 1

Hilio "Hangman" Gracie (15-8) vs Reggie Smalls (16-10)

This fight projects to be a close affair between two solid lightweights. Smalls has proven to be fairly one dimensional in the past given that most of his wins come via submission, Gracie is an expert grappler so Smalls should look to mix it up by using his high level striking to keep his opponent off of his game. Since signing with HONOR Gracie has had two quick and exciting fights where he won one and lost the other by (T)KO; his opponent has had a questionable chin in the past and I am backing him to either use his striking to finish it, or bring it to the ground where he can ground and pound his way to a victory.

Prediction: Gracie (T)KO Round 1

"Wrecked" Stew Sauced (6-3) vs Chris "The Crippler" Coryatt (12-9)

Both of these Light Heavyweights love to stand and trade from the pocket, neither has a win by way of submission and I expect that they are not looking to change that during this fight. Striking battles like this one often come down to who has the better chin, sadly even that seems fairly even so I am backing the more experienced Coryatt to find a way through this.

Prediction: Coryatt (T)KO Round 2

Frank "Bruiser" Brody (5-3-1) vs Rock "Taijutsu" Lee (8-4)

Former champion Rock Lee will square off with talented prospect Frank Brody who is making his HONOR FC debut in this one. Brody has a big technical advantage on the feet and will be a perfect match up for the rough and rugged Lee. Lee will look to stand to trade and test the chin of the newcomer; Lee himself has never been finished by strikes. Generally in a match up with a newer fighter taking on a tough vet I would back experience; however I have a feeling that Brody is going to debut in amazing fashion by being the first man to finish Lee via strikes.

Prediction: Brody (T)KO Round 1

Bruce Gracie (22-16) vs Jonathon "The Cheetah" Mvungvi (10-10)

Dangerous grappler Bruce Gracie will square off against Jonathon Mvungi in a battle between contrasting featherweights. Gracie is a dangerous BJJ practitioner with a remarkable 19 submission wins. Mvungvi is a guy who likes to keep the fight on the feet and use his heavy hands to finish his opponents. "The Cheetah" should be able to stop the takedown attempts of Gracise and finish this dangerous submission specialist with strikes.

Prediction: Mvungvi (T)KO Round 2

Timofey "Beast" Boyko (20-9-1) vs Akira Toriyama (22-8-1)

A classic striker versus grappler matchup here as two very popular and experienced featherweights take to the cage in our co-main event. Toriyama has his HONOR debut ruined by a very talented Oliver Queen, he looks to spoil the debut of his new opponent Timofey "Beast" Boyko as he tries to get back on track and head towards a title run. Boyko has a wealth of experience and should have a fairly substantial stand up advantage as well. Toriyama's only hope is to get this to the ground and finish via submission. I feel that Boyko has enough of a wrestling background to stuff the takedowns and keep it standing where he should be able to dominate the fight.

Prediction: Boyko (T)KO Round 3

"Wittertainment" Mayo Kermode (21-12) vs Drazen Kadoic (28-18)

Our main event looks to be a knockout waiting to happen, neither of these light heavyweights has ever recorded a win by submission. Interestingly for Kermode I do think his best his chance to win would be by taking it the ground and using his better BJJ to finish his opponent; however that seems very unlikely. Therefore I back Kadoic to use his slight striking advantage to edge out a narrow decision.

Prediction: Kadoic UD

These Wednesday night fight cards just continue to put on a show and pack in the fans; this weeks card should be no different as every one of our fighters is a dangerous finisher looking to make their mark in the prestigious HONOR FC.

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXIII EVENT PREVIEW

On July 9th the incredibly successful Wednesday Warriors serious will take it's fights to The Palmtree in Las Vegas, HONOR FC has some of the most popular fighters in the city squaring off in seven exciting match ups that look like sure fire barn burners!

Alex Irwin (5-5) vs Marek "Next Polish Prodigy" Walczak (1-0)

Irwin is a fantastic striker who is looking end a bit of a losing streak; he is squaring off against the well rounded new comer Walczak; who unfortunately for Irwin has a solid ground game. If this fight stays on the feet Irwin should take it all the way, however I see Walczak bringing the submission prone Irwin down early and finishing the fight on the ground.

Prediction: Walczak Sub Round 1

Hilio "Hangman" Gracie (15-8) vs Reggie Smalls (16-10)

This fight projects to be a close affair between two solid lightweights. Smalls has proven to be fairly one dimensional in the past given that most of his wins come via submission, Gracie is an expert grappler so Smalls should look to mix it up by using his high level striking to keep his opponent off of his game. Since signing with HONOR Gracie has had two quick and exciting fights where he won one and lost the other by (T)KO; his opponent has had a questionable chin in the past and I am backing him to either use his striking to finish it, or bring it to the ground where he can ground and pound his way to a victory.

Prediction: Gracie (T)KO Round 1

"Wrecked" Stew Sauced (6-3) vs Chris "The Crippler" Coryatt (12-9)

Both of these Light Heavyweights love to stand and trade from the pocket, neither has a win by way of submission and I expect that they are not looking to change that during this fight. Striking battles like this one often come down to who has the better chin, sadly even that seems fairly even so I am backing the more experienced Coryatt to find a way through this.

Prediction: Coryatt (T)KO Round 2

Frank "Bruiser" Brody (5-3-1) vs Rock "Taijutsu" Lee (8-4)

Former champion Rock Lee will square off with talented prospect Frank Brody who is making his HONOR FC debut in this one. Brody has a big technical advantage on the feet and will be a perfect match up for the rough and rugged Lee. Lee will look to stand to trade and test the chin of the newcomer; Lee himself has never been finished by strikes. Generally in a match up with a newer fighter taking on a tough vet I would back experience; however I have a feeling that Brody is going to debut in amazing fashion by being the first man to finish Lee via strikes.

Prediction: Brody (T)KO Round 1

Bruce Gracie (22-16) vs Jonathon "The Cheetah" Mvungvi (10-10)

Dangerous grappler Bruce Gracie will square off against Jonathon Mvungi in a battle between contrasting featherweights. Gracie is a dangerous BJJ practitioner with a remarkable 19 submission wins. Mvungvi is a guy who likes to keep the fight on the feet and use his heavy hands to finish his opponents. "The Cheetah" should be able to stop the takedown attempts of Gracise and finish this dangerous submission specialist with strikes.

Prediction: Mvungvi (T)KO Round 2

Timofey "Beast" Boyko (20-9-1) vs Akira Toriyama (22-8-1)

A classic striker versus grappler matchup here as two very popular and experienced featherweights take to the cage in our co-main event. Toriyama has his HONOR debut ruined by a very talented Oliver Queen, he looks to spoil the debut of his new opponent Timofey "Beast" Boyko as he tries to get back on track and head towards a title run. Boyko has a wealth of experience and should have a fairly substantial stand up advantage as well. Toriyama's only hope is to get this to the ground and finish via submission. I feel that Boyko has enough of a wrestling background to stuff the takedowns and keep it standing where he should be able to dominate the fight.

Prediction: Boyko (T)KO Round 3

"Wittertainment" Mayo Kermode (21-12) vs Drazen Kadoic (28-18)

Our main event looks to be a knockout waiting to happen, neither of these light heavyweights has ever recorded a win by submission. Interestingly for Kermode I do think his best his chance to win would be by taking it the ground and using his better BJJ to finish his opponent; however that seems very unlikely. Therefore I back Kadoic to use his slight striking advantage to edge out a narrow decision.

Prediction: Kadoic UD

These Wednesday night fight cards just continue to put on a show and pack in the fans; this weeks card should be no different as every one of our fighters is a dangerous finisher looking to make their mark in the prestigious HONOR FC.

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXIII EVENT REVIEW

A packed house of twenty two hundred at the Palmtree in beautiful Las Vegas saw yet another great night of action in the Wednesday Warfare series. We had quite a few upset victories as well as some dominant performances from out top tier fighters.

Alex Irwin (6-5) vs Marek "Next Polish Prodigy" Walczak (1-1)

I really thought that the takedowns and ground ability of Walczak would be the difference in this fight, however he was never really able to control Irwin the way he had hoped. Irwin was able to stuff a few takedown attempts and batter his opponent to win via strikes.

Prediction: Walczak Sub Round 1 Result: Irwin TKO Round 1

Hilio "Hangman" Gracie (15-9) vs Reggie Smalls (17-10)

Well the first round went pretty much as predicted, Gracie brought his opponent to the ground and battered him badly; unfortunately for him for he was not able to get the finish and Smalls was able to do enough in the stand up game to impress the judges in rounds two and three. Gracie was truly a victim of the ten point must system as he certainly would have won the contest as a whole. But that's the modern MMA world for you!

Prediction: Gracie TKO Round 1 Result: Smalls UD

"Wrecked" Stew Sauced (6-4) vs Chris "The Crippler" Coryatt (13-9)

I predicted this a close contest that Coryatt would win due to his brawling nature and tough chin. Instead Coryatt came out and dominated technically, physically, and with his game plan. Coryatt made an enormous statement to the Light Heavyweight division by battering the incredibly talented Sauced.

Prediction: Coryatt TKO Round 2 Result: Coryatt Round 3

Frank "Bruiser" Brody (5-4-1) vs Rock "Taijutsu" Lee (9-4)

I picked Brody to pull an upset in the midst of a wild brawl with the incredibly tough Rock Lee. Brody actually dominated the fight and brought Lee to the brink of a stoppage several times, however Lee's chin held strong and he was able to land a huge punch to put Brody to sleep and spoil a big win in his debut.

Prediction: Brody TKO Round 1 Result: Lee KO Round 2

Bruce Gracie (22-17) vs Jonathon "The Cheetah" Mvungvi (11-10)

Gracies only hope in this one was to bring the fight to the ground and finish Mvungvi with a sub. Mvungvi was able to stuff several takedown attemps and wear down the durable Gracie and stop the fight on the feet.

Prediction: Mvungvi TKO Round 2 Result: Mvungvi TKO Round 2

Timofey "Beast" Boyko (21-9-1) vs Akira Toriyama (22-9-1)

This fight was an absolute war, both men stood toe to toe and traded shots putting on a very entertaining fight for the fans. Toriyama is now 0-2 in his HONOR tenure but both of his fights have been of a ridiculously high quality and I am certain Mr. Monk appreciates his effort. As for Boyko he put in a good performance and was able to narrowly defeat Toriyama with his precision striking.

Prediction: Boyko TKO Round 3 Result: Boyko UD

"Wittertainment" Mayo Kermode (21-13) vs Drazen Kadoic (29-18)

This fight was every MMA fans dream; both of these guys came out looking to finish and put on a show. This was such an even contest and thankfully for everyone it didn't go to the cards because it very well could have turned into a draw. After nearly three whole rounds of intense striking Kadoic was able to clinch up in the third and devastate the exhausted Kermode forcing the ref to step in.

Prediction: Kadoic UD Result: Kadoic TKO Round 3

These Wednesday night fight cards just continue to put on a show and pack in the fans; this weeks card was no different as every one of our fighters was dangerous and looked to finish and make their mark in the growing HONOR FC.

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXIII EVENT REVIEW

A packed house of twenty two hundred at the Palmtree in beautiful Las Vegas saw yet another great night of action in the Wednesday Warfare series. We had quite a few upset victories as well as some dominant performances from out top tier fighters.

Alex Irwin (6-5) vs Marek "Next Polish Prodigy" Walczak (1-1)

I really thought that the takedowns and ground ability of Walczak would be the difference in this fight, however he was never really able to control Irwin the way he had hoped. Irwin was able to stuff a few takedown attempts and batter his opponent to win via strikes.

Prediction: Walczak Sub Round 1 Result: Irwin TKO Round 1

Hilio "Hangman" Gracie (15-9) vs Reggie Smalls (17-10)

Well the first round went pretty much as predicted, Gracie brought his opponent to the ground and battered him badly; unfortunately for him for he was not able to get the finish and Smalls was able to do enough in the stand up game to impress the judges in rounds two and three. Gracie was truly a victim of the ten point must system as he certainly would have won the contest as a whole. But that's the modern MMA world for you!

Prediction: Gracie TKO Round 1 Result: Smalls UD

"Wrecked" Stew Sauced (6-4) vs Chris "The Crippler" Coryatt (13-9)

I predicted this a close contest that Coryatt would win due to his brawling nature and tough chin. Instead Coryatt came out and dominated technically, physically, and with his game plan. Coryatt made an enormous statement to the Light Heavyweight division by battering the incredibly talented Sauced.

Prediction: Coryatt TKO Round 2 Result: Coryatt Round 3

Frank "Bruiser" Brody (5-4-1) vs Rock "Taijutsu" Lee (9-4)

I picked Brody to pull an upset in the midst of a wild brawl with the incredibly tough Rock Lee. Brody actually dominated the fight and brought Lee to the brink of a stoppage several times, however Lee's chin held strong and he was able to land a huge punch to put Brody to sleep and spoil a big win in his debut.

Prediction: Brody TKO Round 1 Result: Lee KO Round 2

Bruce Gracie (22-17) vs Jonathon "The Cheetah" Mvungvi (11-10)

Gracies only hope in this one was to bring the fight to the ground and finish Mvungvi with a sub. Mvungvi was able to stuff several takedown attemps and wear down the durable Gracie and stop the fight on the feet.

Prediction: Mvungvi TKO Round 2 Result: Mvungvi TKO Round 2

Timofey "Beast" Boyko (21-9-1) vs Akira Toriyama (22-9-1)

This fight was an absolute war, both men stood toe to toe and traded shots putting on a very entertaining fight for the fans. Toriyama is now 0-2 in his HONOR tenure but both of his fights have been of a ridiculously high quality and I am certain Mr. Monk appreciates his effort. As for Boyko he put in a good performance and was able to narrowly defeat Toriyama with his precision striking.

Prediction: Boyko TKO Round 3 Result: Boyko UD

"Wittertainment" Mayo Kermode (21-13) vs Drazen Kadoic (29-18)

This fight was every MMA fans dream; both of these guys came out looking to finish and put on a show. This was such an even contest and thankfully for everyone it didn't go to the cards because it very well could have turned into a draw. After nearly three whole rounds of intense striking Kadoic was able to clinch up in the third and devastate the exhausted Kermode forcing the ref to step in.

Prediction: Kadoic UD Result: Kadoic TKO Round 3

These Wednesday night fight cards just continue to put on a show and pack in the fans; this weeks card was no different as every one of our fighters was dangerous and looked to finish and make their mark in the growing HONOR FC.

HONOR FC 23 GLORY BY HONOR EVENT PREVIEW

HONOR FC will yet again return to the Parisian in Las Vegas for HONOR FC 23 "Glory by Honor" we are expecting a capacity stadium as fans from all over the world will undoubtedly be rushing the gates to see these incredibly talented fighters putting on a show. We do have a possible title eliminator as well as a massive title fight between resident champion Troy Lancaster and the highly touted challenger in Unai Arana.

Ayrton Da Silva (0-0) vs Dario "All-in" Sakara (4-2)

Da Silva is a solid welterweight prospect with a good striking background; he is making his debut against a gritty submission specialist in Sakara. "All-in" has shown us in the past that he shows up to ready put on a show and search for a finish; Da Silvas best chance in this one is to avoid the takedowns and only clinch if he is super confident in his ability to control the position, any amount of time on the ground with a guy like Sakara could make for a bad debut for the newcomer.

Prediction: Sakara Sub Round 2

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (26-11) vs Boris JorJovsky (14-9)

Former HONOR FC featherweight champion Tommy Cottero looks to break his losing streak by taking on a dangerous grappler in Boris JorJovsky; who is on a bit of a skid himself. Cottero has never been finished by sub and is a much more diverse striker, even though Boris has shown incredible toughness in the past I still feel that Cottero will wear his opponent down as he stuffs takedown attempts and eventually get a TKO victory.

Prediction: Cottero (T)KO Round 3

"Dangerous" Phillip Finnegan (6-3) vs Al "KO" Hallick (7-2)

Neither of these guys is too high on grappling and searching for submissions. All of their wins come by way of KO or TKO and I am sure there will be a finish tonight, although it is important to note that if Hallick got the fight to the ground he would have a large advantage of the BJJ white belt Finnegan. Still I expect these guys to stand and trade and I am betting on the chin of Finnegan to hold up well as he earns a solid win over Hallick.

"Veliki" Ljuti Hrcak (16-4) vs Rickson Bravo (10-6)

Another former champion; Hrcak; will be looking for a win after coming off of a loss. Interestingly Bravo; who has never had a win via strikes; has a huge stand up advantage and stands a good chance of winning with strikes if he pursues that route. Hrcak is inredibly dangerous on the ground and if Gracie decides to roll with him Ljuti should win with a slick submission. I think Gracies manager will opt to go for a standing finish for the first time in his career.

Prediction: Brave (T)KO Round 1

Sub Norris (24-15) vs "Muharebe Tanki" Murat Orgun (22-17)

This is a classic grappler vs striker match up. Norris will look to take Orgun to the ground any chance he gets; though Orgun is no slouch on the ground. This is because Orgun has devastating power in his hands and has 17 (T)KO victories to prove it. In the past Norris has been able to gain top position and grind out decisions against these great strikers, I am confident that Orgun can be skillful enough on the ground to get back to his feet if taken down, he should also be able to stuff quite a few take down attempts. If Orgun is able to get his hands going he should be able to do enough in the striking game to pull a victory.

Prediction: Orgun UD

Dack Fayden (14-6) vs "The Impaler" Vladimir Ignatov (10-3-1)

This is a battle between two very popular welterweights; Ignatov is looking to continue his big win streak and Fayden is trying to recover from a heartbreaking KO defeat as he was just one win away from a title shot. Ignatov is a powerful ground and pound specialist who is known for battering his opponents while in top control. Fayden is a high level BJJ black belt who is dangerous from anywhere on the ground. I give the advatage to Ignatov due to his wrestling ability, he should be able to take Fayden down and wear him out from his guard.

Prediction: Ignatov (T)KO Round 2

Troy Lancaster (11-2) vs "El Martillo" Unai Arana (13-5)

The HONOR FC welterweight champion Troy Lancaster will take on dangerous challenger Unai Arana; Arana is an incredibly well rounded fighter and has an advantage pretty much anywhere the fight goes. Lancaster is however very powerful and does pose a threat to Arana on the feet. I expect the challenger to look to bring the champ to the ground and grind out the fight on the ground in an effort to avoid the punching power of Lancaster.

Prediction: Arana UD

• Upvote 1

HONOR FC 23 GLORY BY HONOR EVENT PREVIEW

HONOR FC will yet again return to the Parisian in Las Vegas for HONOR FC 23 "Glory by Honor" we are expecting a capacity stadium as fans from all over the world will undoubtedly be rushing the gates to see these incredibly talented fighters putting on a show. We do have a possible title eliminator as well as a massive title fight between resident champion Troy Lancaster and the highly touted challenger in Unai Arana.

Ayrton Da Silva (0-0) vs Dario "All-in" Sakara (4-2)

Da Silva is a solid welterweight prospect with a good striking background; he is making his debut against a gritty submission specialist in Sakara. "All-in" has shown us in the past that he shows up to ready put on a show and search for a finish; Da Silvas best chance in this one is to avoid the takedowns and only clinch if he is super confident in his ability to control the position, any amount of time on the ground with a guy like Sakara could make for a bad debut for the newcomer.

Prediction: Sakara Sub Round 2

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (26-11) vs Boris JorJovsky (14-9)

Former HONOR FC featherweight champion Tommy Cottero looks to break his losing streak by taking on a dangerous grappler in Boris JorJovsky; who is on a bit of a skid himself. Cottero has never been finished by sub and is a much more diverse striker, even though Boris has shown incredible toughness in the past I still feel that Cottero will wear his opponent down as he stuffs takedown attempts and eventually get a TKO victory.

Prediction: Cottero (T)KO Round 3

"Dangerous" Phillip Finnegan (6-3) vs Al "KO" Hallick (7-2)

Neither of these guys is too high on grappling and searching for submissions. All of their wins come by way of KO or TKO and I am sure there will be a finish tonight, although it is important to note that if Hallick got the fight to the ground he would have a large advantage of the BJJ white belt Finnegan. Still I expect these guys to stand and trade and I am betting on the chin of Finnegan to hold up well as he earns a solid win over Hallick.

"Veliki" Ljuti Hrcak (16-4) vs Rickson Bravo (10-6)

Another former champion; Hrcak; will be looking for a win after coming off of a loss. Interestingly Bravo; who has never had a win via strikes; has a huge stand up advantage and stands a good chance of winning with strikes if he pursues that route. Hrcak is inredibly dangerous on the ground and if Gracie decides to roll with him Ljuti should win with a slick submission. I think Gracies manager will opt to go for a standing finish for the first time in his career.

Prediction: Brave (T)KO Round 1

Sub Norris (24-15) vs "Muharebe Tanki" Murat Orgun (22-17)

This is a classic grappler vs striker match up. Norris will look to take Orgun to the ground any chance he gets; though Orgun is no slouch on the ground. This is because Orgun has devastating power in his hands and has 17 (T)KO victories to prove it. In the past Norris has been able to gain top position and grind out decisions against these great strikers, I am confident that Orgun can be skillful enough on the ground to get back to his feet if taken down, he should also be able to stuff quite a few take down attempts. If Orgun is able to get his hands going he should be able to do enough in the striking game to pull a victory.

Prediction: Orgun UD

This is a battle between two very popular welterweights; Ignatov is looking to continue his big win streak and Fayden is trying to recover from a heartbreaking KO defeat as he was just one win away from a title shot. Ignatov is a powerful ground and pound specialist who is known for battering his opponents while in top control. Fayden is a high level BJJ black belt who is dangerous from anywhere on the ground. I give the advatage to Ignatov due to his wrestling ability, he should be able to take Fayden down and wear him out from his guard.

Prediction: Ignatov (T)KO Round 2

Troy Lancaster (11-2) vs "El Martillo" Unai Arana (13-5)

The HONOR FC welterweight champion Troy Lancaster will take on dangerous challenger Unai Arana; Arana is an incredibly well rounded fighter and has an advantage pretty much anywhere the fight goes. Lancaster is however very powerful and does pose a threat to Arana on the feet. I expect the challenger to look to bring the champ to the ground and grind out the fight on the ground in an effort to avoid the punching power of Lancaster.

Prediction: Arana UD

HONOR FC 23 GLORY BY HONOR EVENT REVIEW

HONOR FC yet again returned to the Parisian in Las Vegas; this time for HONOR FC 23 "Glory by Honor" in front of a capacity stadium as fans from all over the world rushed the gates to see these incredibly talented fighters put on a show.

Ayrton Da Silva (0-1) vs Dario "All-in" Sakara (5-2)

I expected Sakara to use his great ground game to put away the energetic newcomer. Instead he was able to keep it on the feet and use huge bombs to stop this in the first.

Prediction: Sakara Sub Round 2 Result: Sakara TKO Round 1

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (27-11) vs Boris JorJovsky (14-10)

A KO in favor of the dangerous Cottero was always on the cards here. JorJovsky is a high level grappler with limited stand up, and "The Terror" has never been submitted. Boris tried time and time again to bring this fight to the ground and was largely unsuccessful. Cottero was able to counter strike as he stuffed takedowns until he landed a big shot in the second to land a big KO victory.

Prediction: Cottero (T)KO Round 3 Result: Cottero KO Round 2

"Veliki" Ljuti Hrcak (17-4) vs Rickson Bravo (10-7)

I'm actually pretty surprised by this result. Not the fact that Hrcak won but that Bravo did not utilize his superior stand up once; literally; he did not attempt to throw one punch. Instead he laid on his back looking for submissions while Hrcak controlled the top and cruised to an easy victory.

Prediction: Bravo (T)KO Round 1 Result: Hrcak UD

Sub Norris (24-16) vs "Muharebe Tanki" Murat Orgun (23-17)

Unfortunate loss for Norris in this one; he was actually en route to a dominant decision with superb takedown ability and ground control. He was giving Orgun all he could handle until late in the third when Orgun was able to sweep the dominating Norris and land in the mount position where he used savage ground and pound to stop the fight.

Prediction: Orgun UD Result: Orgun TKO Round 3

Ignatov used a healthy dose of takedown defense and leg kicks to land a dominant decision victory over the dangerous Dack Fayden. Ignatov was never really in danger of losing this one as he was easily able to stop the takedown attempts of Fayden, control the distance, and defeat his over matched opponent.

Prediction: Ignatov (T)KO Round 3 Result: Ignatov UD

Troy Lancaster (12-2) vs "El Martillo" Unai Arana (13-6)

What was projected as a wrestling match turned into a great all around battle filled with high level striking and expert cage control. Arana came out looking to control the fight with takedowns but quickly changed his gameplan due to the takedown defense of Lancaster. Both men spent the next few rounds striking and looking for the finish. The big moment came in the third when Lancaster was able to push the challenger against the fence and use his power to put down Arana.

Prediction: Arana UD Result: Lancaster (T)KO Round 3

HONOR FC 23 GLORY BY HONOR EVENT REVIEW

HONOR FC yet again returned to the Parisian in Las Vegas; this time for HONOR FC 23 "Glory by Honor" in front of a capacity stadium as fans from all over the world rushed the gates to see these incredibly talented fighters put on a show.

Ayrton Da Silva (0-1) vs Dario "All-in" Sakara (5-2)

I expected Sakara to use his great ground game to put away the energetic newcomer. Instead he was able to keep it on the feet and use huge bombs to stop this in the first.

Prediction: Sakara Sub Round 2 Result: Sakara TKO Round 1

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (27-11) vs Boris JorJovsky (14-10)

A KO in favor of the dangerous Cottero was always on the cards here. JorJovsky is a high level grappler with limited stand up, and "The Terror" has never been submitted. Boris tried time and time again to bring this fight to the ground and was largely unsuccessful. Cottero was able to counter strike as he stuffed takedowns until he landed a big shot in the second to land a big KO victory.

Prediction: Cottero (T)KO Round 3 Result: Cottero KO Round 2

"Veliki" Ljuti Hrcak (17-4) vs Rickson Bravo (10-7)

I'm actually pretty surprised by this result. Not the fact that Hrcak won but that Bravo did not utilize his superior stand up once; literally; he did not attempt to throw one punch. Instead he laid on his back looking for submissions while Hrcak controlled the top and cruised to an easy victory.

Prediction: Bravo (T)KO Round 1 Result: Hrcak UD

Sub Norris (24-16) vs "Muharebe Tanki" Murat Orgun (23-17)

Unfortunate loss for Norris in this one; he was actually en route to a dominant decision with superb takedown ability and ground control. He was giving Orgun all he could handle until late in the third when Orgun was able to sweep the dominating Norris and land in the mount position where he used savage ground and pound to stop the fight.

Prediction: Orgun UD Result: Orgun TKO Round 3

Ignatov used a healthy dose of takedown defense and leg kicks to land a dominant decision victory over the dangerous Dack Fayden. Ignatov was never really in danger of losing this one as he was easily able to stop the takedown attempts of Fayden, control the distance, and defeat his over matched opponent.

Prediction: Ignatov (T)KO Round 3 Result: Ignatov UD

Troy Lancaster (12-2) vs "El Martillo" Unai Arana (13-6)

What was projected as a wrestling match turned into a great all around battle filled with high level striking and expert cage control. Arana came out looking to control the fight with takedowns but quickly changed his gameplan due to the takedown defense of Lancaster. Both men spent the next few rounds striking and looking for the finish. The big moment came in the third when Lancaster was able to push the challenger against the fence and use his power to put down Arana.

Prediction: Arana UD Result: Lancaster (T)KO Round 3

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXIV EVENT PREVIEW

The Palmtree in Las Vegas will yet again play host to HONOR FC's Wednesday Warfare; this time putting the focus on the talented lighter weight classes this great organization has to offer.

Bruce "Mr.Jiu jitsu" Gracie (22-17) vs Sau "I SUCK ,YEAH LITERALLY " Minneo (14-14)

Our first fight is in the featherweight division featuring incredibly popular Gracie against dangerous Muay Thai expert Sau Minneo. Gracie is going to look to take his opponent down and make it a grappling match. Minneo is definitely going to try to keep this fight standing and use his clinchwork and big kicks to put away the dangerous BJJ black belt.

Prediction: Minneo (T)KO Round 1

James "Java Man" Avalon (20-12) vs "Go" Phukyorselvf Uzannavabizch (28-12-1)

Both of these light heavyweights are coming off of losses and neither has a clear advantage in any area coming in to this fight. Both are well rounded and have shown a willingness to stand and trade; given that "Go" is coming in on a streak of three losses by strikes I will give the edge to Avalon.

Prediction: Avalon (T)KO Round 2

Dom "Dueces Wild" Danky(23-14-1) vs Kaito "Tsunami" Rin (22-10)

This is a fairly significant fight in the 185lb division as each fighter needs a win to get near the title hunt. "Tsunami" is coming off of a heartbreaking decision loss to the champion whereas Danky is coming off of a big(T)KO victory over Johansson. Danky has shown that he is a solid striker with dynamite in his gloves, however Rin has a big advantage on the ground and has great takedown ability, I expect Rin to ride Danky to the ground and search for a submission or control for a decision.

Prediction: Rin UD

Damien Lok (12-8) vs "Gung Ho" Vladimir Van Kirkland (20-12)

These two lightweights are very evenly matched and bring a wide array of skills to the table. Van Kirkland will want to use his striking ability to win one, his opponent Lok will want to take it to the ground as "Gung Ho" has never been defeated by strikes but has been vulnerable to submission finishes in the past. The big X factor here is that Lok has been a big finisher in the past and Van Kirkland has been racking up a lot of decisions. I think Lok finds a way to finish his opponent.

Prediction: Lok Sub Round 3

Riley Cooper (21-8) vs Brandon "Badboy" Marsden (17-14-1)

Cooper is a great fighter who happens to be in the midst of a skid, Marsden is an unheralded fighter with a decent record who just happens to be incredibly talented. Marsden actually projects to have better BJJ and Muay Thai, this is a dangerous combo considering that Marsden can clinch and choose to bring him to the ground or out strike his opponent. Cooper does have a solid boxing advantage but lacks KO power and Marsden has proven to have a great chin.

Prediction: Marsden UD

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (27-11) vs Jonathon "The Cheetah: Mvungi (11-10)

This would be a great fight for the judges to take a bathroom break; both of these guys are knockout artists through and through and I would bet just about anything that this doesn't reach the cards. Cotterro does have a distinct advantage on the ground but I suppose that is a bit of a moot point. Both guys stand and bang, both guys have questionable chins and both guys have double digit wins by KO. Toss up here we come! My only real prediction here is FOTN but I do get paid to predict so here it is.

Prediction: Cottero (T)KO Round 1

K The "The Great" Rad (15-4) vs Michal Kucharski (12-2)

Our main event is between two of the top bantamweights in the game today. This fight is difficult to predict because each man is so dominant at what they do. If Kucharski gets it to the ground it will be over in a hurry, however Rad has fantastic take down defense. K The Rad is one of the top muay thai practitioners at 135 in the world but Kucharski has a fantastic chin and could potentially fight through the strikes and get it to the ground, after all for him it will probably only take one take down to end it. Rad is riding a fantastic win streak and will come in to this one with a lot of confidence which should help buoy him towards victory.

Prediction: Rad (T)KO Round 1

Tons of great fights are on the card in this one, lots of big punches and high level submissions will be on display tonight.

HONOR FC WEDNESDAY WARFARE XXIV EVENT PREVIEW

The Palmtree in Las Vegas will yet again play host to HONOR FC's Wednesday Warfare; this time putting the focus on the talented lighter weight classes this great organization has to offer.

Bruce "Mr.Jiu jitsu" Gracie (22-17) vs Sau "I SUCK ,YEAH LITERALLY " Minneo (14-14)

Our first fight is in the featherweight division featuring incredibly popular Gracie against dangerous Muay Thai expert Sau Minneo. Gracie is going to look to take his opponent down and make it a grappling match. Minneo is definitely going to try to keep this fight standing and use his clinchwork and big kicks to put away the dangerous BJJ black belt.

Prediction: Minneo (T)KO Round 1

James "Java Man" Avalon (20-12) vs "Go" Phukyorselvf Uzannavabizch (28-12-1)

Both of these light heavyweights are coming off of losses and neither has a clear advantage in any area coming in to this fight. Both are well rounded and have shown a willingness to stand and trade; given that "Go" is coming in on a streak of three losses by strikes I will give the edge to Avalon.

Prediction: Avalon (T)KO Round 2

Dom "Dueces Wild" Danky(23-14-1) vs Kaito "Tsunami" Rin (22-10)

This is a fairly significant fight in the 185lb division as each fighter needs a win to get near the title hunt. "Tsunami" is coming off of a heartbreaking decision loss to the champion whereas Danky is coming off of a big(T)KO victory over Johansson. Danky has shown that he is a solid striker with dynamite in his gloves, however Rin has a big advantage on the ground and has great takedown ability, I expect Rin to ride Danky to the ground and search for a submission or control for a decision.

Prediction: Rin UD

Damien Lok (12-8) vs "Gung Ho" Vladimir Van Kirkland (20-12)

These two lightweights are very evenly matched and bring a wide array of skills to the table. Van Kirkland will want to use his striking ability to win one, his opponent Lok will want to take it to the ground as "Gung Ho" has never been defeated by strikes but has been vulnerable to submission finishes in the past. The big X factor here is that Lok has been a big finisher in the past and Van Kirkland has been racking up a lot of decisions. I think Lok finds a way to finish his opponent.

Prediction: Lok Sub Round 3

Riley Cooper (21-8) vs Brandon "Badboy" Marsden (17-14-1)

Cooper is a great fighter who happens to be in the midst of a skid, Marsden is an unheralded fighter with a decent record who just happens to be incredibly talented. Marsden actually projects to have better BJJ and Muay Thai, this is a dangerous combo considering that Marsden can clinch and choose to bring him to the ground or out strike his opponent. Cooper does have a solid boxing advantage but lacks KO power and Marsden has proven to have a great chin.

Prediction: Marsden UD

Tommy "The Terror" Cottero (27-11) vs Jonathon "The Cheetah: Mvungi (11-10)

This would be a great fight for the judges to take a bathroom break; both of these guys are knockout artists through and through and I would bet just about anything that this doesn't reach the cards. Cotterro does have a distinct advantage on the ground but I suppose that is a bit of a moot point. Both guys stand and bang, both guys have questionable chins and both guys have double digit wins by KO. Toss up here we come! My only real prediction here is FOTN but I do get paid to predict so here it is.

Prediction: Cottero (T)KO Round 1

K The "The Great" Rad (15-4) vs Michal Kucharski (12-2)

Our main event is between two of the top bantamweights in the game today. This fight is difficult to predict because each man is so dominant at what they do. If Kucharski gets it to the ground it will be over in a hurry, however Rad has fantastic take down defense. K The Rad is one of the top muay thai practitioners at 135 in the world but Kucharski has a fantastic chin and could potentially fight through the strikes and get it to the ground, after all for him it will probably only take one take down to end it. Rad is riding a fantastic win streak and will come in to this one with a lot of confidence which should help buoy him towards victory.

Prediction: Rad (T)KO Round 1

Tons of great fights are on the card in this one, lots of big punches and high level submissions will be on display tonight.

HONOR FC 24 HEATWAVE EVENT PREVIEW

HONOR FC 24: Heatwave is the next installation of the growing HONOR FC promotion based in Las Vegas. Heatwave will take place at the Parisian in Las Vegas and we are expecting another sell out as we have bantamweight champion Tyrion Lannister will take on dangerous challenger Alberto Lopez.

Alex "Almighty" Irwin (6-5) vs Dario “All-in” Sakara (5-2)

Both of these welterweights are coming in off of a win; Irwin boasts a big time stand up advantage and will look to keep the ground on the feet and out strike his opponent. Sakara will hope for a ground battle in which he can utilize his BJJ to search for a finish. Irwin is a good wrestler so I suspect that he can use his take down defense to keep this standing and out strike his opponent.

Prediction: Irwin (T)KO Round 1

"The Muharib" Mohamed al Hadj (25-16) vs "MANCHESTER BLACK" Mikael Johansson (24-18)

This battle in the middleweight division is between two of the most well rounded guys in HONOR. This fight is going to be very even and I project it to be a stand up war. Johansson does have better KO power but al Hadj has a great chin and is very quick, he should be able to use this to avoid the power striker and out point him on the cards.

Prediction: al Hadj UD

Roope Latvala (13-4) vs Drazen Kadoic (29-18)

Former champion Kadoic will take on hot prospect Latvala in the HONOR FC 205lb division. Latvala will want to use his natural quickness to keep this one a boxing match and move in and out of the pocket, whereas Kadioc will want to clinch up and keep it tight on the inside.

Prediction: Kadoic (T)KO Round 2

"Irish" Joseph Donelly (24-14) vs Bryan "Thunder" Larocque (27-13)

These welterweights love to stand and trade shots and that attitude will lead to a fantastic battle between these two fan favorites. There is not much of a difference talent wise between these guys but Larocque has proven to have a better chin during his time here in HONOR. Therefore I give him the advantage in this big stand up battle.

Prediction: Larocque (T)KO Round 2

Tyrion "The Imp" Lannister (18-5) vs Alberto "The Gunslinger" Lopez (29-11)

Lopez is a very experienced championship fighter who is making his HONOR FC debut today against resident champion Tyrion Lannister. Lopez is a big time knockout artist who uses a diverse striking attack to punish his opponents. Lannister loves to use wrestling and submission fighting to rip through his opponents. This fight is going to be very close and really could go either way; I will give the advantage to Lannister due to his takedowns and ability to control from the top position.

Prediction: Lannister UD

• Upvote 1

HONOR FC 24 HEATWAVE EVENT PREVIEW

HONOR FC 24: Heatwave is the next installation of the growing HONOR FC promotion based in Las Vegas. Heatwave will take place at the Parisian in Las Vegas and we are expecting another sell out as we have bantamweight champion Tyrion Lannister will take on dangerous challenger Alberto Lopez.

Alex "Almighty" Irwin (6-5) vs Dario “All-in” Sakara (5-2)

Both of these welterweights are coming in off of a win; Irwin boasts a big time stand up advantage and will look to keep the ground on the feet and out strike his opponent. Sakara will hope for a ground battle in which he can utilize his BJJ to search for a finish. Irwin is a good wrestler so I suspect that he can use his take down defense to keep this standing and out strike his opponent.

Prediction: Irwin (T)KO Round 1

"The Muharib" Mohamed al Hadj (25-16) vs "MANCHESTER BLACK" Mikael Johansson (24-18)

This battle in the middleweight division is between two of the most well rounded guys in HONOR. This fight is going to be very even and I project it to be a stand up war. Johansson does have better KO power but al Hadj has a great chin and is very quick, he should be able to use this to avoid the power striker and out point him on the cards.

Prediction: al Hadj UD

Roope Latvala (13-4) vs Drazen Kadoic (29-18)

Former champion Kadoic will take on hot prospect Latvala in the HONOR FC 205lb division. Latvala will want to use his natural quickness to keep this one a boxing match and move in and out of the pocket, whereas Kadioc will want to clinch up and keep it tight on the inside.

Prediction: Kadoic (T)KO Round 2

These welterweights love to stand and trade shots and that attitude will lead to a fantastic battle between these two fan favorites. There is not much of a difference talent wise between these guys but Larocque has proven to have a better chin during his time here in HONOR. Therefore I give him the advantage in this big stand up battle.

Prediction: Larocque (T)KO Round 2

Tyrion "The Imp" Lannister (18-5) vs Alberto "The Gunslinger" Lopez (29-11)

Lopez is a very experienced championship fighter who is making his HONOR FC debut today against resident champion Tyrion Lannister. Lopez is a big time knockout artist who uses a diverse striking attack to punish his opponents. Lannister loves to use wrestling and submission fighting to rip through his opponents. This fight is going to be very close and really could go either way; I will give the advantage to Lannister due to his takedowns and ability to control from the top position.

Prediction: Lannister UD

HONOR FC 24 HEATWAVE EVENT REVIEW

HONOR FC 24: Heatwave is the latest installation of the growing HONOR FC promotion based in Las Vegas. Heatwave was held at the Parisian in Las Vegas and was held in front of another sell out crowd as we pitted bantamweight champion Tyrion Lannister against dangerous challenger Alberto Lopez.

Alex "Almighty" Irwin (7-5) vs Dario “All-in” Sakara (5-3)

The diverse striking of Irwin proved to be too much for the talented Sakara; his mix of big leg kicks and fast uppercuts led to a first round stoppage and a big jump up the HONOR FC rankings.

Prediction: Irwin (T)KO Round 1 Result: Irwin TKO Round 1

"The Muharib" Mohamed al Hadj (26-16) vs "MANCHESTER BLACK" Mikael Johansson (24-19)

Al Hadj was able to use his powerful kicks and lightning speed to avoid the power strikes of Johansson and outpoint the dangerous Britt. Johansson was really able to prove his toughness by getting cut early in the first and fighting a tough fight as well as keeping it close on the cards.

Prediction: al Hadj UD Result: al Hadj UD

Tommy Cottero (29-11) vs Bruce Gracie (23-18)

Cottero was able to dominate this fight from start to finish by racking of an amazing 30-25 UD over the less active Gracie. Gracie came in to this fight definitely looking to counter, however he was just too passive in his game plan to ever pose a threat.

Prediction: N/A Result: Cottero UD

Roope Latvala (13-5) vs Drazen Kadoic (30-18)

Kadoic took a narrow decision over Latvala in this fight. Both men stood and traded shots as they looked to make a huge statement with a KO win. It was definitely tough to be a judge here as each man had similar strike rates and never looked to clinch or take the fight to the ground. Ultimately it was the body strikes of Kadoic that made the difference.

Prediction: Kadoic (T)KO Round 2 Result: Kadoic UD

Donelly was able to avoid the power shots of Larocque with great angles and superior clinch work. This was a very impressive UD against a tough opponent. As for Larocque he fought well but was narrowly edged out in every round due to his lack of clinch striking and ground control. He sought the KO from the first to the last second and came close at times, however the less aggressive game plan of Donelly proved to be the better option on the night.

Prediction: Larocque (T)KO Round 2 Result: Donelly UD

Tyrion "The Imp" Lannister (18-6) vs Alberto "The Gunslinger" Lopez (30-11)

Lannister was able to implement his usual game plan early on; he worked in great strikes and landed a big takedown. However Lopez proved to be a great defensive BJJ fighter and land a well times sweep late in the first. From there he was able to land huge shots on the ground and stop it with just three seconds on the clock.

Prediction: Lannister UD Result: Lopes TKO Round 1

HONOR FC 24: Heatwave was a great event full of very entertaining fights, we saw a bunch of dominating performances, some big time KO’s and a title change hands; but this is the type of entertaining cards the HONOR FC fans have grown accustomed to seeing.

HONOR FC 24 HEATWAVE EVENT REVIEW

HONOR FC 24: Heatwave is the latest installation of the growing HONOR FC promotion based in Las Vegas. Heatwave was held at the Parisian in Las Vegas and was held in front of another sell out crowd as we pitted bantamweight champion Tyrion Lannister against dangerous challenger Alberto Lopez.

Alex "Almighty" Irwin (7-5) vs Dario “All-in” Sakara (5-3)

The diverse striking of Irwin proved to be too much for the talented Sakara; his mix of big leg kicks and fast uppercuts led to a first round stoppage and a big jump up the HONOR FC rankings.

Prediction: Irwin (T)KO Round 1 Result: Irwin TKO Round 1

"The Muharib" Mohamed al Hadj (26-16) vs "MANCHESTER BLACK" Mikael Johansson (24-19)

Al Hadj was able to use his powerful kicks and lightning speed to avoid the power strikes of Johansson and outpoint the dangerous Britt. Johansson was really able to prove his toughness by getting cut early in the first and fighting a tough fight as well as keeping it close on the cards.

Prediction: al Hadj UD Result: al Hadj UD

Tommy Cottero (29-11) vs Bruce Gracie (23-18)

Cottero was able to dominate this fight from start to finish by racking of an amazing 30-25 UD over the less active Gracie. Gracie came in to this fight definitely looking to counter, however he was just too passive in his game plan to ever pose a threat.

Prediction: N/A Result: Cottero UD

Roope Latvala (13-5) vs Drazen Kadoic (30-18)

Kadoic took a narrow decision over Latvala in this fight. Both men stood and traded shots as they looked to make a huge statement with a KO win. It was definitely tough to be a judge here as each man had similar strike rates and never looked to clinch or take the fight to the ground. Ultimately it was the body strikes of Kadoic that made the difference.

Prediction: Kadoic (T)KO Round 2 Result: Kadoic UD

Donelly was able to avoid the power shots of Larocque with great angles and superior clinch work. This was a very impressive UD against a tough opponent. As for Larocque he fought well but was narrowly edged out in every round due to his lack of clinch striking and ground control. He sought the KO from the first to the last second and came close at times, however the less aggressive game plan of Donelly proved to be the better option on the night.

Prediction: Larocque (T)KO Round 2 Result: Donelly UD

Tyrion "The Imp" Lannister (18-6) vs Alberto "The Gunslinger" Lopez (30-11)

Lannister was able to implement his usual game plan early on; he worked in great strikes and landed a big takedown. However Lopez proved to be a great defensive BJJ fighter and land a well times sweep late in the first. From there he was able to land huge shots on the ground and stop it with just three seconds on the clock.

Prediction: Lannister UD Result: Lopes TKO Round 1

HONOR FC 24: Heatwave was a great event full of very entertaining fights, we saw a bunch of dominating performances, some big time KO’s and a title change hands; but this is the type of entertaining cards the HONOR FC fans have grown accustomed to seeing.

HONOR FC XXV WEDNESDAY WARFARE EVENT PREVIEW

HONOR FC is putting on yet another exciting Wednesday Warfare event at The Palmtree in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. This card will be headlined by a David vs Goliath-esk rematch on the end of a plethora of big time fights between some of the most entertaining fighters in the city.

Boris JorJovsky (14-10) vs Akira Toriyama (22-9-1)

Both of these featherweights are coming into this one desperate for a win, JorJovsky is a great ground fighter and will look to take Toriyama down. For Toriyama he will want to keep it standing and work his great clinch game. Toriyama has never been submitted; which does not bode well for JorJovsky as submissions are his bread and butter. Toriyama does have some finishing ability and if he is able to get his hands going he could finish Boris.

Prediction: Toriyama (T)KO Round 2

Julius Caesar (7-1) vs Reggie Smalls (17-10)

Former 155lb champ Caesar is facing off against the dangerous and experienced Smalls. Caesar will want to use his striking power to finish Smalls, whereas smalls will want to get Caesar to the ground where he stands a great chance of becoming the second man to ever beat the dangerous striker. Generally I would pick the striker to punish the grappler with big shots while avoiding take downs, however I have a hunch that Smalls can pull the upset.

Prediction: Smalls Sub Round 2

Leto Savish (7-4) vs Bobby “The Next Big Thing” Shamrock (8-5)

Despite Shamrock having a big time advantage on the ground, this projects as a standup war. Neither of these men likes to grapple a whole lot and I think that the fans will be incredibly entertained with the way these guys approach the fight. I think Shamrock would be smart to search for a submission in this one but his general game plan says otherwise; I give Savish the advantage in the standup game.

Prediction: Savish (T)KO Round 1

Brandon “BadBoy” Marsden (18-14-1) vs “Gung Ho” Vladimir Van Kirkland (21-12)

Both of these guys bring a ton of experience to the cage and are incredibly evenly matched in every aspect of MMA, though Marsden does have a Black Belt to Van Kirklands Brown Belt in BJJ. That is why I expect Marsden to search for takedowns and work a tough submission game. The only chance “Gung Ho” has in this one is to land a big KO punch when Marsden shoots in.

Prediction: Marsden Sub Round 2

Jonathan "The Cheetah" Mvungi (11-11) vs Sub Norris (24-16)

This is an interesting matchup between two polar opposites; Mvungi loves to throw big punches and KO his opponent while Norris will want to use his big time BJJ game to submit “The Cheetah” I like Norris’ odds in this fight but I am picking the fantastic punching power of Mvungi to win this fight.

Prediction: Mvungi (T)KO Round 1

Timofey "Beast" Boyko (21-9-1) vs "Muharebe Tankı" Murat Orgun (23-17)

Our co-main event is a big battle in the featherweight division. Boyko comes into the fight with a big advantage in the standup game as over half of his fights have been finished by (T)KO and he has never been KO’d himself. As for Orgun; he is a great striker as well but has proven to be a little less resilient to big time strikes. I expect these guys to battle through to final bell; unless Boyko is able to catch Orgun with a well times counter.

Prediction: Boyko UD

Dack Fayden (14-7) vs “The Impaler” Vladimir Ignatov (11-3-1)

Our main event is a re-match in the welterweight division between two of the more popular fighters in HONOR. In their last fight the superior striking and athleticism of Ignatov led to a massively one sided UD, though I am sure each fighter will alter their game plan I expect similar results.

Prediction: Ignatov UD