Damage/accuracy in the clinch

Bwang

Im lost why would it not?

EDIT:

There is nothing in the user guide that covers this and there is no slider in clinch area that lets you dictate Accuracy vs damage so Id assume it carried over from Standup since clinch is a standup position. I wouldnt think that damage in clinch would be dictated by physicals so ? What would dictate damage and accuracy while in the clinch if not the slider?

Im lost why would it not?

EDIT:

There is nothing in the user guide that covers this and there is no slider in clinch area that lets you dictate Accuracy vs damage so Id assume it carried over from Standup since clinch is a standup position. I wouldnt think that damage in clinch would be dictated by physicals so ? What would dictate damage and accuracy while in the clinch if not the slider?

To partly answer your questions with another question... Why do you think there is no accuracy/damage slider on the ground? If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Yeah there should be a damage/accuracy slider for the ground and pound too. Someone can throw enormous power shots or just try and score decent shots for the judges.

I assumed what Skap assumed - that the standup slider carried over. My MT guy would have the option of hitting all out in the clinch or just medium force - that's where he does most of his work so I'd like to be able to control his punches/elbows/knees there.

But you are saying it has no impact. That's good to know.

With gnp, accuracy Id think would be dictated by your slider setting and power by agility level for striking?

If this is correct would it be the same for clinch?

EDIT:

Thinking about it Agility should dictate accuracy also while KO power and str should dictate the damage. Im still trying to figure it all out :blink:

So this would be my final guess... ?

Accuracy = Slider setting (aggressor/control) with Agility to help land shots.
Damage = Str. and Natural Ko ability,

With gnp, accuracy Id think would be dictated by your slider setting and power by agility level for striking?

If this is correct would it be the same for clinch?

EDIT:

Thinking about it Agility should dictate accuracy also while KO power and str should dictate the damage. Im still trying to figure it all out :blink:

My previous answer was a little pretentious, IMO.

Here is the consensus:

• The accuracy/damage slider does not affect your clinch performance.
  • All other things equal, the fighter with the most natural KO power delivers the most damaging blows in the clinch (and GNP).

You can experiment with your damage/acc sliders, but I'm fairly sure you'll see there is no difference in how your fighter will perform.

• Upvote 3

Obviously it does affect ability to land in clinch.

Will leave it at that.

You're absolutely right. Forget everything else that was posted in this thread, because Rainbow knows everything about everything. :OMG:

• Upvote 1

You're absolutely right. Forget everything else that was posted in this thread because Rainbow knows everything about everything. :OMG:

Listen to this guy if you want. Fine by me

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

There should not be a damage/accuracy slider,your damage is based on KO power hidden and your accuracy is based on clinchwork + strength in clinch & Gnp by Gnp & balance according to wiki

In clinch and GNP in real life both have many positions that you CANNOT generate much power in strikes so it makes sense for the governing skill to create opportunities for heavy strikes, like "Fighter A pushes off to create space and lands an uppercut" or "positioning up in mount to strike"

• Upvote 2

There should not be a damage/accuracy slider,your damage is based on KO power hidden and your accuracy is based on clinchwork + strength in clinch & Gnp by Gnp & balance according to wiki

In clinch and GNP in real life both have many positions that you CANNOT generate much power in strikes so it makes sense for the governing skill to create opportunities for heavy strikes, like "Fighter A pushes off to create space and lands an uppercut" or "positioning up in mount to strike"

My post had nothing to do with anything in reference to power. It had to do with ''ability'' to land said shots. So if your guy has the power ability and damage is set higher, it will be harder for him to land but if he does, lights out.

Do you see where I'm getting at with this or do I need to do a scientific breakdown?

• Downvote 3

My post had nothing to do with anything in reference to power. It had to do with ''ability'' to land said shots. So if your guy has the power ability and damage is set higher, it will be harder for him to land but if he does, lights out.

Do you see where I'm getting at with this or do I need to do a scientific breakdown?

I'm eagerly awaiting the day they ban you from the forums permanently. I guess I'll just have to put you on ignore until then.

• Upvote 1

I'm eagerly awaiting the day they ban you from the forums permanently. I guess I'll just have to put you on ignore until then.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day vets decide to stop trying to fool the newer players, and start giving them some good advise.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

If Damage is based on KO Power why is there a Damage/accuracy slider for standup? There has to be more to it, like str of course.

Clinch lvl definitly helps with strikes and def of strikes but I also believe that agility and a few other factors play a part in the clinchs accuracy.

For GNP from my understanding balance helps you control positioning of opponent while agility would still be the physical helping to strike. Str and Natural power should help with damage if Im correct in this.

In real life Standup power to me has a great deal to do with leverage or positioning of your body (torque snap etc). Power in a clinch would still be there for a strong fighter as little or short shots can generate great power.

I understand that the majority dont believe the Damage/Accuracy slider to be of use in the clinch but I dont see why it wouldnt play at least a small part in it (nor will anyone give an answere other than it dont, but we cant/wont tell you why) not a good answer. =)

I guess I'll have to take Disneys advice and play with it for awhile to figure it out on my own.

I have to disagree with the people here that are stating that in real life you do not throw damage in the clinch, and that there's no need for Pitter patter shots. that is completely untrue. there's plenty of Fighters that throw really wimpy punches in the clinch just trying to score points not doing any damage at all. you can actually guess yourself out in the cleanse if you tried to throw knockout punches. look at Shane Carwin clinch punching. he goes to town looking for the ko every so often in the clinch. common sense, laws of gravity, general refereeing, and the scoring rules of the game does not change just because your in the clinch. if you've ever seen Ben Saunders in the clinch then you know it can be a world of hurt and high damage ko potential.

• Upvote 1

Skap and Tyrion, i see both of you guys points, but i was just assuming that since there are positions in both the clinch and ground game that no matter what you do, you wont generate much power, those skills must govern it. I believe clinchwork and GNP should control those skills as accuracy will not assist you much here because clinch strikes dont score much in this game, also the aggro/control slider also has a big deal in the positions your fighter gets into. Yes, strength is a big factor in ko power like other physicals assist in other areas.

• Upvote 1