Loans, merger + exchange feature

Mentor

this needs to happen.

Right now, let's say...a friend of mine has a fighter in NY contracted to an org in Hilo, suddenly the org is taken over and they move the base to tokyo and start planning the events there. The org owner does not give a shit about arranging transportation for this guy or even communicating with me, I mean, my friend. So now what, he's screwed? It seems so.

Sounds to me like you're talking about the old Fallen Champions and what's now Rising Sun. Lol.

Your original post implied the manager clicks yes or no, I.e they get released or contract is novated , with the advantage being the hassle to have to re-sign and offer signing on bonuses, a quicker process. If half pull out, it's just half lost, because by definition you already have the mechanism in place for the smooth process. There is no upside, you have still bid for an org based on a roster which could be halved or worse.

The issue is the value of the org. Lets say you EVO bid for NGF, say 5 m, then all the champs won't sign with EVO, and go to Asension?

That would be the risk you take. Nobody said you had to pay 5 mill for it. And if you're worried about that then it should be the the responsibility of whoever is buying it out to contact the champions and see if they'd be willing to switch over.

Org owners make the most money in this game if done right. So why is it everyone is scared of a little risk. If you don't like the gamble then nobody is making you follow the rules. If you still want to do the old cut and offer contract deal the option would still be there. This would be for those who want a smooth transition and don't want to send 150 new contracts every time.

the discussion was about making a bid, like storage wars, you bid but dont know what you are getting for your money, and i like tycoon business transactions to have some reality. Personally im not bothered, but im pointing out a glaring inconsistency that would not happen in reality. Bare in mind we are talking about making a bid, an auction, not a private arrangement.

the discussion was about making a bid, like storage wars, you bid but dont know what you are getting for your money, and i like tycoon business transactions to have some reality. Personally im not bothered, but im pointing out a glaring inconsistency that would not happen in reality. Bare in mind we are talking about making a bid, an auction, not a private arrangement.

Yeah, I should have replied mostly to justice, but I guess I need to look over this bid thing again. I'd prefer a buyout of an org idea over a bid. Buyout the org and then it offers the transfer contracts. People can accept, refuse or negotiate.

Personally, I wish there was more than an accept or decline option. I wish I had the option to send back a negotiate offer with what I want and the owner can choose to accept if he wants to pay me that much or not.

Your original post implied the manager clicks yes or no, I.e they get released or contract is novated , with the advantage being the hassle to have to re-sign and offer signing on bonuses, a quicker process. If half pull out, it's just half lost, because by definition you already have the mechanism in place for the smooth process. There is no upside, you have still bid for an org based on a roster which could be halved or worse.

The issue is the value of the org. Lets say you EVO bid for NGF, say 5 m, then all the champs won't sign with EVO, and go to Asension?

I think you are missing a point. You will ALWAYS not get all the fighters, irrelevant of what you paid. If you are making an offer for an org you should never expect everyone to come over. In fact, the value of an org is up for debate. It is not a clear cut case as it may seem. For example, an org could have invested arena's in it, that is something overlooked (a classic case was the Heroic + SP merger). You could have a case where a good 20% are inactive or someone which owns 10 fighters on the roster plans to lose his VIP next week. In other cases it could be that several fighters on the roster do not want to join your org as you have a bad relation with their alliance. There was one case where we merged an org and the org had 1.5m in "Pending contract offers!!!!", i mean all these are massive things that a lot of owners over look.

You have basically 3 choices. #1 is to let them go and try to sign them on FA (which is what happens now), in this case they wont join anyway. #2 You can do what i say and "at least" save yourself the hassle of all the contract sending and mumbo jumbo or #3 Is that you get someone else to run the org and "milk their contracts". The problem with this is that if you do not want to fight for you, they will simply reject the fight offers.

Bottom line is that when you are making an offer for an org, you need to first do your research on the org you are about to buy and you should anticipate a certain level of drop out. If you over bid, it is your problem.

I agree, but you are an experienced org owner, with pre conceived and rounded expectations of reality, however many guys aren't, so then cover this idea/improvement with caveats and warnings etc covering reality.

I'm in agreement with most of what you and the SP NY guy has to say, and for private arrangements when homework had been done then its great. For the Immortals hand over to NGF it would have helped, but NGF was sold for a dollar, I had Jeff release Immortals guys and I signed them. However we had done the background work, and knew all the big guns and most of the rest of the roster were with us. Then your improvement would have helped.

My issue is the bid, and the potential fall out with org less experienced guys, and guys who just don't give the game as much thought,

The improvement could catch people out, without the correct warnings.

Sounds to me like you're talking about the old Fallen Champions and what's now Rising Sun. Lol.

Lol my thoughts as well all though they were good enough to release my fighter when i asked after they said they were moving citys

My issue is the bid, and the potential fall out with org less experienced guys, and guys who just don't give the game as much thought,

The improvement could catch people out, without the correct warnings.

Yeah i agree with that. You will still need to talk to people, you will still need to create relationships and in general all that remains, with or without this feature. This feature wont suddenly get you loads of people signing up and mergers suddenly solving the problem of expansion. A guy which over prices, which does not do his homework and which merges an org will likely get a smack in the face.

• 4 months later...