TWW News Edition 7

ArtieBanks

Just an update to this weeks TWW, i believe Tosen and K-Rad have co authored something, i don't know if Tosen will do his own piece also, if he does you can be assured someone has pissed him off. I believe KillerBunnys head is still firmly inbetween the hairy thighs of some Turkish fellow. I'll be doing my thing about Blitz and finishing off the divisions. I'll try to add another piece or two also but its been a slow couple of weeks for news in tycoon. I think though some major news might break at some point in the future.

Tosen's Corner

Today: I fucking hate conglomerates

I mentally keep a list of organizations and people I refuse to fight for, for differing reasons. Some are notoriously bad org owners, others are offensively stupid, and some are just plain old dicks.

Not too long after I started playing this game, a dude going by the name of Johnny Sep tried to start an organization conglomerate which I believe was named Icon (not to be confused with the fucking K1 organization who keeps throwing contract offers at me). He had big plans which went to hell in a big way, marking the first time an org conglomerate in MMATycoon fucked up the existing organization landscape in multiple cities at once.

After my stint with Blitzkrieg I sort of soured on managers with imperial ambitions and I've made a point out of not fighting for megalomaniac douchebags like that ever since. I actively boycotted Steel Penn orgs for years, I'm not touching Ascension unless it's about a superfight, and I'd rather gnaw my dick off at the hilt than fight for EVO. In the past 6 or so months, though, a guy I've signed guys with for years has fallen into the same ego trap as so many before him.

Mentor of GAMMA is the owner of one of the longest-running organizations in Tycoon today, and has managed to build it up as a top 10 mainstay. What GAMMA weight classes lacked in depth, the top guys more than made up for in skill, and it has spawned guys like Jeremy Tonal, Renan St Juste and Raz Matazz.

However, running a successful top 10 organization clearly wasn't enough for Mentor. At some point, he decided to found a homeless shelter alliance by the name of «the Legion of Doom» and use his army of willing drones to devour lesser organizations under the GEG banner.

Imperialist ambitions aside, helping out small business owners is something I think is very important in all aspects of life. In the context of MMATycoon, small organizations fill a niche for younger fighters to develop while fighting diverse opponents, and are often run by org owners who either genuinely care about running a grassroot organization or who compensate for a lack of funds and brand name power by doing stuff like great write-ups, fun tournaments and so on.

Several smaller organizations I fight for or used to fight for have been eaten up by the GEG, and the results have been horrifying: Gone are the competent and creative org owners who used to run them, and they've more often than not been replaced by useless fucks handpicked from Mentor's personal drone army. Fight offers come on incredibly short notice, the cards are half full, and recruitment seemingly drops off a cliff and falls screaming and flailing to its death almost overnight. And naturally, the only interaction that remains with your org owner are some cryptic fucking messages in what appears to be horribly mangled English about how your fighter will be eligible to advance to GAMMA «soon» based on their p4p ranking and some kind of star system like in Super Mario.

I'm not even going to try to be funny in this entry. Mentor and the GEG has ruined some of my favorite developmental organizations with their soulless, jackbooted imperialism and sheer corporate greed, and once I finish up my contracts and obligations I may have with every organization associated with this monstrosity I'm leaving for greener pastures. Welcome to my list, you fucking boardroom crusader.

I've really never understood how these conglomerates benefit other managers. How does having an org with the same name in every city do anything for me?

• Upvote 1

I've really never understood how these conglomerates benefit other managers. How does having an org with the same name in every city do anything for me?

It massages the dick of the corporate megalomaniacs on top and little else.