Skills keep going down

Ascended

I have a fighter in his mid 20s who keeps having his skills "de-pop". I'm trying to figure out how, if there is a way, we can tell when a fighter has reached the max skill amount/or when a skill will go down. I don't feel like he is near his potential as far as skill cap so I'm just curious as to why two times a week he has something go down in value. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't find the answer anywhere. I remember in the not so distant past, we had progression bars of the sort that let us know when a fighter was close to going down in a skill. Is that still around somewhere or anything close to it?

Ye I have a couple 19yoa who are depopping now and then. One of them depopped in a skill from 3 to 2. Kinda stupid but at the same time I guess it's only 1 training session to pop again.. Still think depops happen a bit too easily though.

Fantastic.... So fighters randomly de-pop with no indication of why or when. Sounds legit.

Yeah the old system of tickers was better imo. You could easily tell what hadn't been trained, and what was rotting.

With the new system if you want to know exactly what hasn't been trained you have to meticulously analyze the charts found in the assistant page. I think most people just try and have a balanced training schedule but it's very hard to keep everything above water. Remember negative pops from neglecting to train is different from negative pops due to declining in age (I think this is right)

• Downvote 1

No matter what age your fighters are, if they go too long without training a skill it will de-pop.

There is also a limit in total skill points available to your boy. My own experience is that a well trained, and currently fighting fighter, will make it to about 22 before this becomes a drama.

So, boys and girls, train your shit SPECIFICALLY from time to time, do NOT rely on sparring or fights. BUT, make sure you fight and spar too. Enjoy!

Firstly your fighter is in his mid twenties - if he has been trained well then he should definitely be close or over his skill cap..

Secondly 18-19yo fighters WILL de-pop if you just spam train secondaries

Thirdly - sparring DOES NOT reset "tickers" for related secondaries it does seem to freeze/slow them down.

Finally skill decline will happen there is nothing you can do to avoid it, all you can do is try and minimise its affect (fighters with a bad injury hidden will decline at a faster rate)

Now join some dots about how you should train young fighters to avoid depops... Or don't and continue to get depops on your young fighters and whine about it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

There are couple things that bug me in this game: depops for fighters under the age of 20 and "bad gaming" sessions in private jet flights. Even though both are really just minor things I fail to see the point of having these implemented in the first place. Both are like flipping a finger to a stranger, pointless and annoying.

• Upvote 1

So you're 18 years old and have the best takedown defense in the game thanks to hard work in training, sparring and amateur fighting.

Then you don't fight anyone, you don't spar and you don't train your takedown defense.

Now you're 20 and you expect to have the same level of TDD you did 2 years previously?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I want elite primaries/secondaries also! But its not going to happen anytime soon. The depops are nit that dramatic, depops from time to time, then training, popping again etc.. dont whine, train your guys and let them fight often, then its fine!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm not seeing the de-pops until the fighter is in his 30's. Even then, once you understand you can't have elite skills in everything, it makes sense. For new fighters that you're concerned are de-popping in skills you assigned them at creation, train them in that skill once every two weeks. You'll be fine.

So you're 18 years old and have the best takedown defense in the game thanks to hard work in training, sparring and amateur fighting.

Then you don't fight anyone, you don't spar and you don't train your takedown defense.

Now you're 20 and you expect to have the same level of TDD you did 2 years previously?

Oh my... You make it sound like the fighter with maxed tdd disappears into oblivion for two years and has nothing to do with MMA at all.

All Im saying is that we could cut some slack for the young fighters and for the new managers who join our great game. That example of yours is a bit extreme but then again sure that exact scenario could happen. If the fighter still has the same TDD level after two whole years at that age... so what? It's not like he is maxed his potential when he turns 20. He will have plenty of time to start doing the declining thing. :P

Of course - all fighters should be Gods... Elite across primaries, elite across secondaries, elite across physicals.. Hell we shouldn't even train our fighters, every fighter created is at max level and we can just leave it all down to the rolls of the dice for hiddens.. ?!?!?!?

You're living up to your name to the fullest, mate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Firstly your fighter is in his mid twenties - if he has been trained well then he should definitely be close or over his skill cap..

Secondly 18-19yo fighters WILL de-pop if you just spam train secondaries

Thirdly - sparring DOES NOT reset "tickers" for related secondaries it does seem to freeze/slow them down.

Finally skill decline will happen there is nothing you can do to avoid it, all you can do is try and minimise its affect (fighters with a bad injury hidden will decline at a faster rate)

Now join some dots about how you should train young fighters to avoid depops... Or don't and continue to get depops on your young fighters and whine about it.

WTF are you two rambling on about, I've mentioned every point you brought up. I'm not "whining" about anything. I asked a question because I did not have a clue as to why he would depop every week. Someone told me fights reset them early in this post if you even care to read the whole post instead of just hopping in midways, acting like someone is bitching, and then trying to belittle every person who ask a question. Cool story keyboard warriors, move on trolls. For the rest who actually have decent input.... I thought he would be close to reaching his skill cap, but I wasn't sure because one of his primaries is still fairly low. I don't know if they play a part in the cap game though. So I'm guessing at this point is too just "maintain" and just focus on the skills I want most.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1