Nate Diaz Requests Release From UFC Contract

MMAInsider

In a rather bizarre tweet former UFC lighweight title contender Nate Diaz (17-9, pictured left) has requested his release from the UFC.

@ufc @danawhite I would like to request to be released from the @ufc Its time for me to be on my way .. ?

â Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) February 26, 2014

Not one known to follow the status quo the brash talking Stockton, California native has taken to Twitter in the past with cryptic tweets about his desire to fight for the promotion. He came out with the following tweet with regards to his bout versus Gray Maynard which went down at The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale this past November.

@ufc Cant make it november 30th ive gotta high school reuinion i have to tend too…

â Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) September 23, 2013

That was his last appearance inside the UFC’s Octagon and now it seems he is hoping for it to have been his last. Could this be some sort of negotiation tactic? His trainer had recently posted a strange tweet of his own when the Gilbert Melendez contract talks broke down and ‘El Nino’ received an lucrative offer from chief rival Bellator MMA. Cesar has since deleted the tweet but it mentioned pulling all his fighters from the UFC if things didn’t start improving for his team.

I can’t imagine this is a serious request for a release and is something Nate has more than likely done just for the sheer amusement he is no doubt getting from it.

More on this story as, or if, anything develops.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/mmainsidernet/~4/_xlfreMhkfo

View the full article