Anderson Silva's return (old news but humor me)

Lefty

(I know this is old news and there are likely already 47 old threads on the same subject, but please humor me)

My opinion, as much as I love Anderson Silva, is that he will not return to fighting. His leg was nearly shattered into tiny pieces! Way worse than cro cops leg injury. Anyways I saw an interview he had with a portuguese journalist and he spoke of many things but what I mostly took away from it is that he is in denial about his injury and about how he lost and that he definitely did lose even before the "leg break heard round the world".

So he's got a titanium rod in his leg with 2 screws at each end. That sounds fucked up... that doesn't sound like something you can have in your leg and train with let alone fight with. But I don't exactly understand this kind of thing so perhaps one day the rod will be removed? If so then perhaps there is a chance at his comeback but if he has to live the rest of his days with a metal rod in his leg, we're talking about an Anderson Silva minus his left kick, and most of his mobility. That right there is a hefty chunk of "The Spider" s legacy right there.

I truly would love to see my idol Anderson Silva return to the cage again and fight. Truly. I have nothing against him, he really is my favourite fighter of all time. But after seeing this injury, I'm definitely not the only one who thinks he should retire.

My question to you Tycooners is do you know anything more about Anderson Silva's current status etc.? Will the rod be removed(sorry don't really understand injuries of this nature)? What do you see in his future? Is he doing physio yet, or training, anything really just no hatin there's enough out there already after that loss...

He'll probably get a fight to put someone else over. I'm not saying he'll lose on purpose but Silva's a prime candidate for some young guy trying to establish his legitamacy against.

Well that is what brought him to where he is now. To use him as a gatekeeper for the title makes sense. If he loses another fight then, maybe it will show him that he does need to retire. But I want to see him win again for sure. Not sure what kind of fights Dana is thinking about giving him but I hope we don't see him get massacred again for a while.

I agree, it would suck for him to keep fighting when he isnt able to perform fully. Would hate for him to do a Ken Shamrock and keep going and going. Id say he will have a fight, possible 3 at most I think just so he can go out on his own terms and not through injury

Let him coach TUF Nations Brazil vs America, give him a fellow great to fight against or something and let him leave with his legacy instilled in those that he coaches that season?

Would have loved this with Sonnen given their history and the whole national pride angle. Would also give Sonnen that final chance - if he can't beat Anderson in the coach's fight after his broken leg, then....

I think Sonnen is a good coach and Anderson is Anderson, so it would be a very competitive season. Too bad it's unlikely to happen given how Sonnen's coached a couple of times already (including recently against Wandy).

The only other suitable opposing coach I can think of (given similar weight classes) for such a thing would be Dan Henderson. Two Legends in the twilight of their career coaching their respective country's best unsigned talent. Probably won't have that much drama, but I'm sure the good coaching and (hopefully) decent fights make up for that. From memory, Henderson's already coached (against Bisping?) but not nearly as recently or frequently as Sonnen so this would be more likely.

And... cue the cheesy inspirational comeback video...

But seriously listen to what Dana White says at the beginning and tell me that doesn't give us Silva fans some hope!

All you haters... I know you scared...

http://mmashare.co/serious-mma-videos-next-ufc-fight-night-39-f35/the-return-of-anderson-silva-video--t72940.html

Anderson WILL be back, bone breaks although grusome sometimes, heal, its the easiest types of injuries to come back from even one like his as terrible as it was. Normally when a bone breaks like that it comes back stronger then it ever was before. i have had 14 confirmed broken bones, continued doing things with them after they healed and never yet rebroken something. Once that heals 100% then its just getting back in the gym and getting over the mental blocks.

What has Spider possibly lacked recently? Having something to prove, now he has that motivation again he will be back even if for just one fight.

• Upvote 1