EA UFC

Wolf

your career fighter has a "total career damage" meter, which when it fills up will end your career. i'm 38-0 and just booked the final fight of my career. not one time did i get the chance to change weight classes. i only had one superfight, which was like 15-20 fights ago (and not even against another champion). and it's still saying stuff like "has already gained quite a following" and "the next big thing" when i'm doing my walkout, and i've had 20+title defenses, am undefeated, and only went to a decision twice in my career lol (with 33 knockouts and 3 subs, 6 fight of the nights, 8 ko of the nights, 1 sub of the night, and 1 ko of the year award). the ko of the year was in the second last fight of my career (pretty awesome 55 second ko where i only got hit like 4 times and dodge-countered the fuck out of the dude with combos before sending him stiff with a huge overhand right after a dodge). fastest win of my career was 35 seconds. only went to the 5th round twice.

ea can suck my balls. they can't even get the subs to look anatomically correct, because the body parts clip through each other like crazy. the addition of the gameplan mechanic is the only thing that's really all that much better than the last game. you don't even get to pick a team to train with, or go to other camps to train (you're in the tuf training center the entire game). every once in a while another fighter will come to train with you, but the only thing that's different is that they take the place of your normal sparring partner doing the exact same drills (which the game selects for you) that you would normally be doing anyway. they don't even teach you new moves or anything (you unlock moves with skill points).

i'm so disappointed with this game. i don't know if i'll even bother starting another career, since it's so pointless.

*edit* just did my final training sessions before my final career fight, and maxed out my dude at all his skill caps (there was never any skill deterioration either)

**edit 2** tornado kick KO of the night at 4 min in the first round for my final career fight, after splitting the dude wide open with an early hellbow. :)

game ends with more video clips from fighters, saying congrats on a great career and getting into the hall of fame, and then it shows your poster on the wall of gym. and that's it. the end.

The only good thing about this game are the visuals. It's entertaining, but it's a huge stepback from the previous platform. This is a classic EA move when they jump to a new console. They go hard on the visuals, and basically strip it down from features and release a half-ass product. It's really smart from a business stand point, because once every year they will be able to add 3-5 new things into the game that were already in the game(s) before.

• Upvote 1

This was my post on EA forums:

Please release an EA UFC 2 on Christmas or on January 1st 2015. The sooner the better. The only reason I bought XBox one was to get EA UFC... and honestly, even though I'm entertained, I'm very disappointed. Here's the list of what needs to be in the future game.

Career Mode:

Fight Purse - they need to add contracts to the equation. Even if for nothing else but flavour.

Amatuer Fights / "Feeder" orgs - Make it to where your fighter has to accept an invite to TUF, and could potentially totally skip it if he stayed in the feeder orgs long enough. Just make some gimick orgs, even if only 2... and let you fight 3-5 fights there. That way you're not the 0-0 guy making his pro debut in the UFC. Due to this I just have to pretend that my guy was a Judo Olympic Medalist, or Champion boxer, hence the special treatment. Can't recall a 0-0 debuting in UFC in modern day history.

Gym - choose a gym to train at. *

* instead of a ton of random videos from a bunch of random fighters, only get videos from the fighters at your gym, or upcoming opponents, potential future opponents. waste of memory/space/effort to have random fighters messaging you all the time to congratulate you unless you're a 10 year old kid playing this game.

Fight History - add fight history, opponent, result, method fight ended = KO (Punch), KO (kick), TKO (punches) TKO (kick) TKO (strikes), KO (strikes), sub (armbar), sub (anaconda choke), etc. similar to sherdog style:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anderson-Silva-1356

Press Conferences + Interviews - c'mon EA, stop taking one step forward and 10 steps back. UFC undisputed had this. for crying out loud NBA 2k has a variation of it (despite it being comical and laughable at best). You can easily do it. Even if you only give us 3-5 voices to choose from. Caucasion / African American / Asian / European / Brazilian (South American)

Training scores - black belt shouldn't be the highest rated training score considering it goes up to red belt IRL. very minor annoyance that isn't all that important.

Storyline aka A LOT more cut scenes - cut scenes when you're given your purple belt, brown belt, black belt, red belt. after your first loss, first win, buy a house or car (what you can use fighter money on haha), win a title, anything. cut scenes would be great.

Multiple Orgs - you own PRIDE, Strikeforce, WEC - use em all.

CAF:

MORE NAMES!!! - seriously, there isn't a single reason this game shouldn't of included every name from from EA MMA and UFC...

More Nicknames - see above. First Last and add where you want to place the nickname. in front of name, in middle of first and last name, or after the name.

Create-A-Entrance - even if it's only from a small selection of 10

More Tattoos - I thought the tats were great, but more is better, and I'd like to be able to create 10 different fighters without identical tats. Maybe have a few "pre-set" full body / sleeve tats to choose from.

More faces / hair / facial hair

Fight Now + Career:

Career CAF + Fight Now - Allow you to use your Career CAF in fight now mode, using his record, entrance, age, etc.

More Fighters - any fighter you have a license on from UFC Undisputed or EA MMA - add them!

Arenas/Venues - they need to follow suit of NBA 2k14. show actual footage of the arena outside, and have the arenas in game appear realistic to what you'd see at the actual event. if you're in brazil, would expect a lot of brazilian flags in the crowd, canada, ireland, sweden, etc.

FIGHTING:

Add flash Subs - if you have an opponent rocked, have been beating him up, or just plain out-class him stats wise, you should be able to get a flash sub without having to do any mini-games. Majority subs in MMA are "flash subs" where a fighter pulls out the armbar before the other guy realizes what's going on.

KO Animations - they're pretty terrible in this game. please improve asap.

More Animation Variety - there needs to be a vast improvement on takedowns, a lot more variety to them, a variety of transitions from and to the same positions, animations shouldn't be 100% identical with every fighter, every single time they are made. passing from side control to mount isn't identical every single time.

referee - the ref needs to jump in and break the fighters up, or jump in on a downed opponent.

ref stand ups - there is no reason, ever, that you should be stood up from full mount unless both fighters are sitting there for 60 seconds doing nothing.

Ring Girls - more ring girls would be a nice feature.

commentary - I love Joe, but you guys can really spice up the dialouge and commentary in the game. Hell, you really should add other commentators... maybe those guys that you already have recorded on EA MMA, wink wink, Bas Rutten, c'mon EA, use your heads.

GROUND AND POUND FROM MOUNT - one of the biggest pet peeves of all. It just looks retarded. Most ground and pound is rapid fire punches, flailing around, not these stiff robotic punch bot motions. You really can do better that that.

Controls - instead of that half circle transition *, would it be such a tragedy to do up down left right? It's not like you're using it for anything else...

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We know why EA does this. They plan ahead. Why pour your heart and soul into the first addition when you can wow most of your customer base with a fancy interface, and remove so many important yet easy to implement elements into the game.

Honestly I feel like EA UFC falls under the Classic Next-Gen move by EA when they release on a new platform. They always release such a simplified version of the previous games with a new fancy interface. We've seen it from Playstation to PS2, to PS3, to Xbox to Xbox 360, from NCAA to Madden, they utilize the graphics of the new platform but water down everything else.

• Upvote 1

Theres a ton left to be desired and we will have to deal with it for probably 2 years, but i have noticed that Fifa is the only game that was really good during this transition to ps4, i have Fifa, Nba2k14 and EA UFC and while 2k14 is ALWAYS fun, there are tons and tons of glitches and shit they broke that wasnt present on the previous gen, they literally made the game look better and said fuck all the rest.... so its not just EA with the bull.

But EA has not made any madden substantially better than the previous one, playing madden 25 is just like playing madden 09 with updated rosters and slightly better physics. Franchise mode still gets thinner and thinner and im not gonna buy any more EA sports games aside from EA MMA and Fifa every few years going forward unless EA stops with the fuck shit

The only thing I'm worried about is that perhaps there's a chance there wont be a sequel to this game if it doesn't do well? I absolutely hate EA. They ruin games and end up releasing games with minimal improvements every year. What the fuck do they have guys doing at their studios every year? Scratching their ass?

Most other dev studios can produce awesome games with lots of content

I have a couple questions to those that have played EA UFC

1. What is the cornering like? E.g cuts and advice? Like fight night?

2. Is the reach implemented very well? Is the jab effective?

3.How are the submissions? I saw a video of them showing it, are they easy or hard? Easy to escape? Can somebody be an absolute beast at leg locks like Palhares or armbars like Rousey?

4. In the career is there new fighters that actually become worthy and challenge you for a titie? Or are you just fighting the same old people rematch after rematch?

5. For the characters that aren't real, how detailed are the game created characters? Is there name Ricardo Guillermo and born in England? Haha

6. Is age a factor at all?

7. When you build a fighter, if you make a really beefy guy will he be very strong and struggle with stamina or is it just for looks only?

8. How is the stamina? Can you button mash? Do many fights go the distance?

9. Is there stoppage due to cuts and injuries? E.g leg kicks and nasty cuts

10. Is the judging accurate?

Thats all... I think haha

responses in bold:

I have a couple questions to those that have played EA UFC

1. What is the cornering like? E.g cuts and advice? Like fight night?

THERE REALLY ISN'T ANY CORNERING AT ALL. BETWEEN ROUNDS IT JUST SHOWS A FEW HIGHLIGHTS, BUT IT DOESN'T SHOW HOW BAD YOUR CUTS ARE, AND THE CORNERMEN DON'T GIVE YOU ANY GAMEPLAN TIPS. HONESTLY, I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF THEY HAVE DR. STOPPAGES IN THE GAME.

2. Is the reach implemented very well? Is the jab effective?

JAB IS VERY EFFECTIVE AT STARTING COMBOS, AND REACH CERTAINLY COMES INTO PLAY (ESPECIALLY IF YOU GET GOOD AT DODGES AND SWAYS)

3.How are the submissions? I saw a video of them showing it, are they easy or hard? Easy to escape? Can somebody be an absolute beast at leg locks like Palhares or armbars like Rousey?

HONESTLY I HATE THE SUB MINIGAME. YOU HAVE TO STARE AT THE MINIGAME MECHANICS SO YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE ACTUAL SUBMISSION. THERE ARE SUB RATINGS (BOTH OFFENSE AND DEFENSE) FOR CHOKES AND JOINT LOCKS, BUT NOT FOR SPECIFIC SUBS OR "SPECIALTY" SUBS.

4. In the career is there new fighters that actually become worthy and challenge you for a titie? Or are you just fighting the same old people rematch after rematch?

THE FAKE FIGHTERS CAN BE HIGHLY SKILLED, JUST LIKE REAL FIGHTERS. I DON'T THINK I SAW ANY THAT HAD 100% RATINGS THOUGH (LIKE ANDERSON SILVA, FOR EXAMPLE)

5. For the characters that aren't real, how detailed are the game created characters? Is there name Ricardo Guillermo and born in England? Haha

THERE WASN'T ANYTHING THAT I REALLY NOTICED ABOUT THAT.

6. Is age a factor at all?

NOPE, NOT AT ALL. MY FIGHTER WAS 35 WHEN HE WAS FORCED TO RETIRE, AND I CREATED HIM AS AN 18 YEAR OLD. THERE IS NO SKILL DETERIORATION.

7. When you build a fighter, if you make a really beefy guy will he be very strong and struggle with stamina or is it just for looks only?

THE ONLY THING THAT EFFECTS THEIR STRENGTH/SPEED IS THEIR WEIGHT CLASS, AND THEN YOU CAN SPEND SKILL POINTS TO IMPROVE THEIR STAMINA AND HOW MUCH DAMAGE THEY CAN TAKE OR HOW HARD THEY PUNCH AND KICK.

8. How is the stamina? Can you button mash? Do many fights go the distance?

IF YOU BUTTON MASH YOU'RE FUCKED. STRIKES DO VERY LITTLE DAMAGE WHEN YOU HAVE LOW STAMINA. IT'S BEST TO FIGHT IN BURSTS. AND COUNTERS HAVE A GOOD DEAL MORE POWER, SO GETTING GOOD AT DODGING/PARRYING IS IMPORTANT.

9. Is there stoppage due to cuts and injuries? E.g leg kicks and nasty cuts

NOT SURE IF THERE ARE STOPPAGES FOR LEG KICKS, BUT YOU CAN STUN THEM WITH LEG KICKS (WHICH MAKES THEM MOVE SLOWER FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, AND THEY CAN'T KICK DURING THAT TIME). I DIDN'T SEE ANY STOPPAGES FOR CUTS, BUT THERE ARE STOPPAGES FOR BODY SHOTS.

10. Is the judging accurate?

I ONLY WENT TO A DECISION TWICE, AND BOTH TIMES I WAS THE SURE WINNER, SO I'M NOT SURE HOW IT DOES WITH CLOSE FIGHTS.

Thats all... I think haha

Well looks like I won't bother with this game then and will hold off the new console until September time, thanks guys for the feedback!

Sounds like I might aswell play undisputed '09. xD

yeah it's def not worth spending 400 bucks to play it, just wait till there's more stuff that you want to play, or until they go on sale or something.

I've read most of the comments and the majority of you seem disappointed... why am I not surprised? This is typical EA just trying to make quick cash because they know all of us will buy it. Re-cycled features and expensive DLC's are the norm with EA. 2k has the upper hand on the NBA franchise and I hope they or any other developer continue to beat EA once other sports contracts expire. I hate EA so much.

Here's a post I made on gaf. Disappointed in the game. A patch on EA's end could make it a lot better. It's going to be hell to try and keep leagues running on this game for 1 year, let alone 2.

Managed to break the Top 10 on psn.

Overall, it's an enjoyable game if you look at the surface only. It's good if you want to have have fun. When you take a closer look at it you can see the flaws.

Things I do like:
Perks are nice
I'm lovin the sub system
When you find someone that wants to play realistic, it can be fun.

Things I dont like:
* Random stance switching - It's frustrating when you throw a strike only to do a strike you didnt mean to because your fighter randomly switched stances.
* Ground Game
- Camera Angles, it would seem the controls are attached to the camera angle which gets annoying
-Transitions are too fast. Ground fighting just usually ends up being who can transition on their stick the fastest.
-Ground and Pound is so weak. There isn't even a ground striking offense stat. So I guess we can assume it's affected by standing punches or all fighters have the same hidden value for it?
* The general randomness of the game - I can rock a guy 4x and knock him down, I get rocked once and get hit while rocked and it's a KO.
* Fighting Styles - They mean absolutely nothing when making a caf. Maybe they affect stance, but that's it. A boxer can still have max kicks, etc.
* The movesets suck. All fighters having the same move, especially the takedowns, suck. When making a caf, looking at the moveset is laughable. Most choices for a strike are a regular version and a "power version" that looks the same as the regular version. I went into CAF thinkin im gonna spend at least an hour choosing all these moves for my guy. Went to a strike and saw only 2 options to choose from, lol.
* Online is basically just parry spam atm
* No rematch button in rivalry mode
* The stamina system needs work
-- Getting KO'd by a guy with no stamina when your full shouldnt happen
*Being able to spam body hooks with no real risk stamina wise is dumb
* Not being able to look at the stats/perks of the guy you are about to use online
* Landing the big strikes like head kicks/overhand rights arent really rewarding. The strikes are very slow and very risky. Online is just a hook spam because of this.
* Parry needs to be toned down. You can just hit two buttons to parry all high or low strikes.

That's off the top of my head. Hopefully EA UFC 2 will have more diversity when it comes to movesets and things of that nature.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Last one, when creating a character do you get to choose his reach?

nope, just their height. fighters of the same height will have varying reaches, but i'm not sure if you created 2 fighters in the same weightclass if they would be different or not (i doubt it though).

can the gameplay speed be changed?

yeah, either real time or accelerated. i haven't tried accelerated, but if i had to guess it will prob turn it into about 3 mins per round.

**edit**, if you mean how fast they punch and stuff, no, that's just based on their weight class i think.