Unretiring a fighter from Old Account.

GBK16

Unretiring my fighter  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be allowed to unretire a fighter that was on my old account?

• Yes
    • No

I don't see how fighters returning from retirement to FA can be abused. It seems like a good idea to allow this for VIP to me. Everyone seems to agree with you. What am I missing?

Because a rage sack is a rage sack. If you cut somebody because you are pissed and then want them back later, tough shit.

Spot reserved for Dr Lechter to come in and say "he just doesnt like people getting old fighters back" and "it will open the door for future bitch fests" for the 18th time.

Wait for it...

The fact that people would cut fighters before tough fights to avoid the loss on their manager record to preserve their rank to get the fighter back, showed me that people will come up with the wildest schemes to get around the rules. I voted yes in this situation but I generally don't trust most of you in this game as has been proven by some of the crazy schemes that have been devised over the years.

Just because I can't think of a way somebody would use this to cheat doesn't mean it won't happen. It always happens...

It's beside the point, but thought it isn't possible to release fighter that's already signed to a fight, or are you refer to something that happened back in the day?

You used to be able to cut fighters even if they had a fight scheduled. Some orgs requested people at least agree to a fight before they cut them so the org gets an extra fight out of the fighter.

It's beside the point, but thought it isn't possible to release fighter that's already signed to a fight, or are you refer to something that happened back in the day?

It's just one of the many examples of stuff people came up with to get an edge, I've had a few schemes myself so I just assume everything will be abused because it usually can be and will be by somebody with a good idea.

Posting this here just so everyone can see. This is what Mikes official response to my request:

I would be happy to do it if everyone else is fine with it. It'd just cost however many VIP days it costs to do it from your own account, which is 20 days. If you ask on the forums I'll do whatever people are happy with.

I posted the link to him and he said he will need a couple of days to look through it and consider all sides in the discussion.

I cant say 100% that nobody picked him up but all signs point to him not being picked up.

1. No managers in his manager history (if he was picked up, any other managers he had would also have had their account deleted)

2. No fights in his record after those that I managed him for, so if another manager picked him up, they would have trained him but not fought with him.

3. His primaries are all the same as when I left him so that is a small point, but not a big one, that he has not had much training since he was released as surely a primary would have popped

Thats leaves a extremely small percentage chance that another guy picked him up.

Maybe so bud, but the fact is - vacation mode is there. So it's kinda just deal with it since you forgot to check it. But either way, good luck. It's just a dodgy grey area I guess which everyone seems to be split about it.

Meh, I hate getting involved in stuff like this. I went to college one town away from Woodstock, so I am always going to vote for the peaceful/lenient approach (haha). But, I respect everyone elses opinion whether I agree or not.

Good luck GBK.

I don't think this was ever going to be clear cut. And he did want opinions, so guess he got them, haha.

Allow un-retire to FA for VIP - Fighters from the same manager account only.

I don't think it should be written off as a grey area that the community can't decide on. I think the argument can be settled if the debate continues because the arguments against allowing this don't amount to much. I'm sorry if JBomb was refused before but that "precedent" isn't really a reason. I invited people to tell me why allowing (your own) fighters back to FA from retirement for VIP is a bad idea and the only objection argued is that it could be exploited, though no one has described how. There is no loophole to retire a fighter just to avoid a hard fight and sign them back, that would cost you 20 VIP and you run a risk of not getting him, and the better he is the higher that risk becomes. Besides the fact that you can no longer retire a fighter with a fight booked.

Allowing this would generate VIP spending and help managers who, for whatever reason, decide to recall a fighter. Fighters in all combat sports are forever "retiring" and coming back. This should exclude fighters who have been retired permanantly using the VIP feature though of course.

Lastly, GBK16 raised this in a reasonable and honest way. He should be allowed to get this fighter straight to roster as a special exception (only because someone here will go out of their way to take him as FA), but from then on it should be a Pay VIP to un-retire to FA feature, and only from the same manager account.

I don't think this was ever going to be clear cut. And he did want opinions, so guess he got them, haha.

I certainly did haha. Realistically, im always for fair play so if people decide it isnt for the best, then thats what will be decided by the community and by Mike himself.

Lastly, GBK16 raised this in a reasonable and honest way. He should be allowed to get this fighter straight to roster as a special exception (only because someone here will go out of their way to take him as FA), but from then on it should be a Pay VIP to un-retire to FA feature, and only from the same manager account.

Thats pretty much the only reason why I havent named which fighter I want to unretire. Always the probability after a debate like this that one person would go extreme and sign the fighter purely so someone else cant.

Thats pretty much the only reason why I havent named which fighter I want to unretire. Always the probability after a debate like this that one person would go extreme and sign the fighter purely so someone else cant.

You bet.

No one wanted him last time he was on the FA list.

They will now lol.

The games creator has already said that he has no problem with it and does not see as having any ill effects in the future, but the slippery slope police know otherwise, haha.

Sorry GBK no old shitty decayed fighter for you that nobody else wants anyways, because we will create a "slippery slope shitstorm" of a process that we as adults are not intelligent enough to pull ourselves out of and decide upon in future instances.

Sorry game creator no extra money for you.

Not quite sure how "decayed" the fighter is considering the OP said the fighter still has the same primaries.

That said I don't care if he gets the fighter back or if it starts a precedent for people getting back old retired fighters. You want them you can have them because I'm not interested in the least and it certainly won't affect my game.

Haha. When I saw this topic I thought it would be obvious with people answering like "Yeah sure mate I don't see any problem with that". But unbelievably enough this has caused a shitstorm. His fighter isn't probably even that good since he was never picked up and it isn't like he's gonna come top 10 p4p, so whatever man.

We should allow it for future cases too so we'll avoid this imaginery "slippery slope" some of you are talking about.

I meant he already had his turn as a FA, so no need to do it again. Spite is not a good enough reason to send him back to the FA list.

I think you misunderstood me.

I think you misunderstood me.

Or it could even be a case of pay a small amount of VIP ( say 5-10 days) and have him on the FA List or pay a bigger amount (say 20-30 days) and have him on your roster in place of another fighter if your slots are full, who would subsequently be put on the FA List.

I invited people to tell me why allowing (your own) fighters back to FA from retirement for VIP is a bad idea and the only objection argued is that it could be exploited, though no one has described how.

I test a project fighter in qfc, cut him while he regains healt, and test another one. Nobody will pick him up and now I have a system where I can pay to be able to test new projects even more than I can now. I'm not wasting any training time and it free's up a roster spot that allows me to try out another project.

I have 700+ vip days, you can bet your ass I would use this to comb through even more projects. There is an exploit that favors having real life money, something people tend to try and avoid.

Or it could even be a case of pay a small amount of VIP ( say 5-10 days) and have him on the FA List or pay a bigger amount (say 20-30 days) and have him on your roster in place of another fighter if your slots are full, who would subsequently be put on the FA List.

I prefer FA because of comparisons to real life. Fighters often retire and come back but they would surely be FAs.

I test a project fighter in qfc, cut him while he regains healt, and test another one. Nobody will pick him up and now I have a system where I can pay to be able to test new projects even more than I can now. I'm not wasting any training time and it free's up a roster spot that allows me to try out another project.

I have 700+ vip days, you can bet your ass I would use this to comb through even more projects. There is an exploit that favors having real life money, something people tend to try and avoid.

You test him in QFC. He shows Granite and looks like he can punch. I spot him and pick him up. You have wasted time and VIP.

You test him in QFC. He shows Granite and looks like he can punch. I spot him and pick him up. You have wasted time and VIP.

Because I would definitely cut a granite chin... :poster_stupid:

When was the last time you went looking for cut 5 day old creations by the way? I'll answer that for you, never...