Game of Thrones (possible spoilers!)

Wolf

For the people who didn't read the books and thought Oberyn would survive...You don't know George RR Martin at all do you?

I don't know him but I think it was a major mistake. In fact I think there have been many mistakes throughout. The show is so self destructive I've lost a lot of interest in it. I didn't truly think Oberyn would survive because this is GOT but in my opinion there was a lot more story that could have been told around this great character. It's like shooting yourself in the foot just for the shock value. Not sure it's the best thing to have no characters on the show for fans to give a shit about. Arya is the one exception at this point for me and the only reason I'll keep watching the show.

I don't know him but I think it was a major mistake. In fact I think there have been many mistakes throughout. The show is so self destructive I've lost a lot of interest in it. I didn't truly think Oberyn would survive because this is GOT but in my opinion there was a lot more story that could have been told around this great character. It's like shooting yourself in the foot just for the shock value. Not sure it's the best thing to have no characters on the show for fans to give a shit about. Arya is the one exception at this point for me and the only reason I'll keep watching the show.

Have you read the books?

Have you read the books?

"For the people who didn't read the books... you don't know George Martin at all do you?"

"I don't know him." ..... No, I have not read the books.

I know fans of the books have a hard time not spoiling things though. Maybe there should be a separate thread just for the television show.

"For the people who didn't read the books... you don't know George Martin at all do you?"

"I don't know him." ..... No, I have not read the books.

I know fans of the books have a hard time not spoiling things though. Maybe there should be a separate thread just for the television show.

Sorry, brain switched off for a minute. Almost every death in the books/show of a known character leads onto something bigger, which is why I can't wait to see how they portray the fall out next week.

If you are upset about losing characters that you care about, you are kind of missing the whole point of the show. I haven't read the books, so please don't tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like the whole point is that none of these characters are really important to the future of Westeros.

There are massive threats brewing. There is an army of 100,000 marching on a wall guarded by 100. When the wall is breached, Westeros will be flooded with White Walkers. Across the Narrow Sea, there are dragons rapidly reaching maturity.

With all of these threats, does it really matter if it is Robert, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly, Robb, or Tommen sitting on the Iron Throne? My impression is that the whole message is that with this impending doom lingering over everything, nobody and nothing that these people are fretting over is actually important at all.

If you guys start dropping spoilers from the book I'm outta here. Someone already spoiled who was fighting in the trial by combat before it was decided on the show and it ruined it for me a little. Or if its decided book spoilers are OK give us a heads up.

Sorry, that was me. I only knew because there was an episode called The Mountain and The Viper. The reason they called The Red Wedding, The Reigns of Castameir was to not give it away. I didn't know how they were going to fight but after Tyrion was put to trial and then requested trial by combat I knew that was what it was leading to. Sorry...

As far as central characters dying, they are always replaced by someone just as good. Oberyn had 7 episodes of limited screen time to make people care about him as much as they did. It shows both great acting and production by the TV staff, but also is a testament to Martin's ability to create great characters that come out of nowhere.

The characters that die now seem like catalysts to a greater story, What makes GOT unique is that the story is told as though each of those characters is crucial until we find out that they actually aren't.

• Upvote 2

Its all good man it was pretty minor, some might not even consider that a spoiler since all you had to do was decifer the episode title. I dont even pay attention to the episode names so I wouldn't have picked up on it. It does say possible spoilers in the thread title so there's always a risk.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to pretend that the episode ended like this and repress the reality of the situation in the dark depths of my skeleton filled closet.

This is quality haha

Can't wait for tonights episode! Will have to find a live stream for it..

anyone know a website?

This is quality haha

Can't wait for tonights episode! Will have to find a live stream for it..

anyone know a website?

i just wait until tomorrow to download it. I avoid all spoilers even though i know whats going to happen.

I sure hope the Tyrion does not get killed, he is probably my favorite character in the series. It seems it is going that way though, they have been building this up for a while and everyone pretty much knew that his champ was going to lose the duel.

10 series is ridiculous though. I think they should be doing this at least 2x per year.

No spoilers in this post about what happens, but I do say what storyline the episode looks at, it only looks at one plot here in this episode, Jon Snow and Castle Black.

(By the way, I don't know how to put in the Spoiler tag for Show/Don't Show so if someone could tell me, I would appreciate it)

What an episode, although, I kept to the George RR Martin logic and looking at every character who talked and said something heroic and I just thought "He's going to die" throughout nearly the whole episode haha

Ive had some friends tell me they thought the last episode wasnt as good as the rest of the season has been but I disagree I found it to be one of the better episodes so far this season and I cant wait until next week and the season finale :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

I can't believe how many good reviews that episode is getting. It was basically a fight scene that should've taken 5 minutes of the episode spread out over the whole hour. It was so boring that I could barely stay awake. Absolutely no drama or character growth except for a few moments with Sam and a few moments with Jon.

• Downvote 4

Im sorry but if you didnt like that episode. You suck. It had me on the edge of my seat heart racing. It would be nice to see these actors in some other things aswell. Pompeii sucked (Jon Snow) but hes going to be in the new Spooks film. Game of Thrones is literally the best tv show out thereeverything about it is good. Now all it needs is a game that is just as good :D

Im sorry but if you didnt like that episode. You suck. It had me on the edge of my seat heart racing. It would be nice to see these actors in some other things aswell. Pompeii sucked (Jon Snow) but hes going to be in the new Spooks film. Game of Thrones is literally the best tv show out thereeverything about it is good. Now all it needs is a game that is just as good :D

Your heart was racing? About what? Ygritte died and Sam grew a pair for the first time in his life. Other than that, it was watching a fight with an obvious conclusion. The only suspense was "Are they going to finish this fight in time to talk about characters we are actually invested in?"

We all knew that the Wildlings would lose. Having them win would mean that four years of talk about the White Walkers would be pointless. You can develop the characters at the Wall, but save the full episode fight scenes for when the White Walkers show up.

• Downvote 3