New Era Xtreme: Official Smack Talk thread

Taw "Dark Paw" DawTang (248564) Now YOU are in my way,..sorry about you're luck.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/statsfight.php?fida=247661&fidb=248564

you know what I see,....1 exciting fighter that I would pay money to see,..win OR lose.

And one that I would rather wash my Harley, instead of pay my hard earned money to watch.

Can you tell which one is which ?

In my humble opinion ,.... there is NO FREAKIN' WAY that I am going to let you stink up the Hard Knocks in Sydney with a boring fight. My fans and my team, your fans and your team and EVERYONE involved from the digi-robot that cleans the ring to the Ladies and Gentlemen that are going to watch me crush you (rather than wash their bikes), deserve better than to have YOU wearing the http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1404127501nexlogo.jpg Heavyweight Championship Belt:

so I'll see you at NEX Sydney 4 (810140)

If we leave it up to you, Nex , their writers AND the fans in Sydney are going to have to *fabricate* or imagine the excitement of your fight. So fortunately, its no longer up to you.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14043737967063.jpeg Merkan "the Defiant Hawaiian" Killmaz (247661)

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1343662574thumbnailCAPYBY2M.jpg

*AJ Nex walks to the podium*

We have two finalists set for championship fights, with two more finalists to come in our next event. NEX is taking a big step forward, and we want to look good doing it. Therefore, I am pleased to reveal to you the new org logo for New Era Xtreme:

http://i58.tinypic.com/o0z492.jpg

A big thanks goes out to Brick Top for designing this top notch logo. We now look as good as we fight.

• Upvote 1

I hope you dont mind my edit of the trash I am talking to include the new logo,....it kinda ruins your unveil,...but looks amazing if you wish, for the sake of your artistic liscense, I can switch it back, with full understanding

Please note that while talking trash is a *blast*, I have to have a little class. SO I have posted the link to this thread to my opponents Management. its not as fun if they dont hear it (read it)

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1404127501nexlogo.jpg

NEX Hilo 6

Hayashi's Lounge (2,000)

Hilo

MMA

Undercard

Middleweight Bout

Horacio Barnard v Caliph James

In first fight of tonight’s Preliminary Card, we will see two 18 years old young fighters. Waiting for his first win in professional cage, derived from Asuncion, Paraguay- Horacio Barnard, will try his luck against American coming from Long Beach- Caliph ‘King’ James. Both derived from Muay Thai fighters have 3 fights behind them each, but James is the one, who managed to come out from them with 2 wins already. And this definitely makes him favorite. He seems to be better Muay Thai fighter also and if he would be able to control Barnard on the ground, he can improve his Pro Record to 3-1.

Undercard

Lightweight Bout

Takeshi Fujiwara v Wiley Kilgore

Second fight will be fought by 25 years old, but still inexperienced fighters: Japanese fighter from Tokyo- Takesji ‘Chopstix’ Fujiwara, and exotic fighter from Ugandian Desert- Wiley ‘The Coyote’ Kilgore. Muay Thai Fighter against Boxer- we hope they will go all out for the W tonight. It’s very unlikely that fight will be decided in any other area than stand-up, maybe Fujiwara can also look for some points on the ground, but only for dominance, not for effect- of course if he would be able to maintain control of ‘The Coyote’ over there. After checking their previous fights, I think that Fujiwara is slightly favorite, but Kilgore for sure isn’t without chances to take his first professional Victory.

Undercard

Lightweight Bout

Landon Barca v Pim Kanajawan

Upcoming fight seems to be very equal and surely made our waiting for this event a little more exciting. 23 years old fighter from Sydney, but fighting under flag of United States- Landon Barca, after unsuccessful debut, will be trying hisluck against owner of 2-0 professional MMA record- Thai from Bangkok, Pim ‘Fire Balls’ Kanajawan. Identical physical conditions, very similar skills, but different fighting styles. They are both derived from Muay Thai, but when Kanajawan prefers to stay conservative and focus on striking, Barca has already added great takedowns and very effective ground play to his arsenal. I wouldn’t get suggested by their records too much, as Thai warrior stepped into the cage only on minor MMA galas, and this will be his real test. If Barca will finally find his own way to fight in cage- as in his debut he seems obviously lacking of clear gameplan- he may take his first professional W in his career.

Undercard

Middleweight Bout

Matt Andersson v Donald Snow

Two 25 years old fighters, also still inexperienced, will participate in next fight of tonight’s event. Swedish, from Trelleborg- Matt ‘Animal’ Andersson, will face Donald ‘Pure As’ Snow- Englishman from Leeds. I’m curious how Andersson will be trying to play this one, as Snow seems to be not only experienced, but also if we can point someone, who can calmly keep his opponent at distance standing and still scoring, additionally maintain control of ground game- it seems to be ‘Pure As’ Snow. But let’s believe in my instincts- Matt ‘Animal’ Andersson has prepared something special for tonight’s fight- the issue is, will it work on Snow.

Undercard

Lightweight Bout

Jared Donisvitch v Jason Jones

Last fight of Prelimiaries and it definitely starts to be much more interesting. Two still unbeaten in professional cage young and talented warriors from United States: 18 years old Jared ‘Fatty’ Donisvitch from Portland, will step into the cage against 19 years old New Yorker- Jason ‘Thunder’ Jones. Stand up- Donisvitch, ground- Jones. So, in situations like this, it’s always safer to bet on better ground fighter. And ‘Thunder’ Jones is the one, who definitely has shown unaverage skills of submitting his opponents. It’s interesting, as Donisvitch seems to have great takedowns, but it can be better for him to keep this fight standing. And in the other hand, as statistics shows- it is possible against Jones’ takedowns.

Main Card

Middleweight Bout

Teddy Barton v Arthur Halo

English fight in first Main Card fight of tonight’s event. 21 years old Mancunian- Teddy ‘Bartitsu Bitch’ Barton, will fight against 19 years old Arthur ‘King’ Halo coming from Camelot. Halo will be waiting calmly for chance to take this fight to ground and look for submissions, when he will get there. I’m afraid that this is very probable scenario for this fight. Key factor in achieving this successful plan, is experience. And this is something, with what ‘King’ outscores his opponent for sure.

Main Card

Middleweight Bout

Yogi Dhamma v Gilles Wolfe

Again two unbeaten fighters, but this time into cage will step very impressing MMA Pro Record of 7-0. This is Yogi Dhamma, 19 years old talent from Nirvana, Bahamas, brown BJJ belt. And his opponent, owner of also very good 3-0 record, will be Canadian, from Quebec- Gilles Wolfe. But to be honest about this fight- did You read previous fight’s preview? I’m afraid that this can be also adapted to upcoming fight. Dhamma is ground game expert and this will always give him big chances, and if we are talking about as quite average ground player as Wolfe is- it seems to be inevitable.

Main Card

Heavyweight Bout

Stu Grimson v Ravi Shankoli

Last fight before Main Event Part of tonight’s Event. Clash of two heavy handers- this is how I would name this fight. 18 years old Stu ‘The Grim Reaper’ Grimson from Canadian Vancouver, BC, will be facing 19 years old pure talent from Brahma, India- Ravi ‘The Trancendential Dinner’ Shankoli. It can be something new for owning 7-0 Pro Record Shankoli, as Grimson seems to be better striker than 19 years old Hindu. It means, that very wise could be backing his score with better wrestling skills than his opponent’s, as if they will keep it standing- it can be dangerously close to brake his outstanding winning run. And if someone have skills and is worth of doing that- it is ‘The Grim Reaper’.

Co-Main Event

Middleweight Bout

Solomon Augustine v Patrick Marleau

First Main Event fight of tonight’s event, will be fought by two 25 years old skilled fighters. Coming from Hong Kong- Solomon ‘Grundy’ Augustine, will face Patrick ‘The Shark’ Marleau from Canadian Swift Current. They are derived from completely different fighting schools, still very devoted to their motherly fighting styles, with two completely different and excluding each other recipes for reaching Victory. Augustine will be trying to keep it standing at all costs, he can let himself to calmly and tactically score once after once, as their striking skills difference are very unequal, to say it very gentle. And absolutely opposite of this is how it looks, when Marleau would get his coveted takedown and will be able to play it on the ground. So, the question is: Who will be able to impose his gameplan to his opponent?

Main Event

Middleweight Bout

Eddie Barbaros v Authority Zelditeez

The Main Event of the Night: Eddie ‘The Barbarian’ Barbaros from Sao Paulo, Brazil, will fight against Authority ‘Pitbull’ Zelditeez- also Brazilian, but from Rio. Both are 25 years old wrestlers, but have chosen different path of developing their skills after steeping into MMA World. While ‘The Barbarian’ has focused on his standing and striking skills attending to Muay Thai Gym, Zelditeez has decided to go further with wrestling skills and focused on his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training. Which path would come out to be better? As they both are world class wrestlers, it’s very likely, that it will be decided in different way than in theirs primary fighting style. But it doesn’t have to be truth, am I right? If You have top skills, You can beat also equally good opponent. It will be definitely very interesting and hopefully entertaining fight.

Brought to You by

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1400899889bannerfans_11409862%283%29.jpg

In partnership with

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1401813989Antonio.jpg

• Upvote 2

Great preview as always. Don't forget to give Sohito a +1 for his amazing writeups.

Just a reminder that the co-main and main event are the semi-finals of the 4-man middleweight tournament, so the winners will face each other for the belt!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w5.jpg

Eddie "The Barbarian" Barbaros (4-1) (3-1 NEX)

I have suffered my first and only loss in 2014-05-10, when I made my New Era Xtreme debut in NEX Surge event. I lost by a Rear Naked Choke in the late second round against... Authority Zelditeez. After this win we went all through the division and he eventually became 8-0. I have recovered and stepped back into a title run as well - after the loss I went on a 3 fight win streak - I finished all fights by TKO :) I am a different fighter now, I have improved, and I'm ready for Zelditeez.

Fans, get ready to smell some blood, because I will test Authority's cut resistance!!!

• Upvote 2

Taw "Dark Paw" DawTang (248564) Now YOU are in my way,..sorry about you're luck.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/statsfight.php?fida=247661&fidb=248564

you know what I see,....1 exciting fighter that I would pay money to see,..win OR lose.

And one that I would rather wash my Harley, instead of pay my hard earned money to watch.

Can you tell which one is which ?

In my humble opinion ,.... there is NO FREAKIN' WAY that I am going to let you stink up the Hard Knocks in Sydney with a boring fight. My fans and my team, your fans and your team and EVERYONE involved from the digi-robot that cleans the ring to the Ladies and Gentlemen that are going to watch me crush you (rather than wash their bikes), deserve better than to have YOU wearing the http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1404127501nexlogo.jpg Heavyweight Championship Belt:

so I'll see you at NEX Sydney 4 (810140)

If we leave it up to you, Nex , their writers AND the fans in Sydney are going to have to *fabricate* or imagine the excitement of your fight. So fortunately, its no longer up to you.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14043737967063.jpeg Merkan "the Defiant Hawaiian" Killmaz (247661)

And the next reporter that would listen, got the same ear-full well ok, maybe with a little more determination than the first interview.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/10/10w17.jpg

Mark "The Kristi Killer" Kristiansen

People say my victory over Pedro Azevedo was a fluke. WELL I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS. I assure you theat my victory was not a fluke. In fact, I'm so sure that I want to fight him again. That's right. Mark Kristiansen VS Pedro Azevedo at NEX Hilo 8. AJ NEX>>> GIVE ME THE FIGHT. I WILL MAKE PEDRO REST>IN>PEACE

NEX Hilo 6

enjoy? :shades:

just bored a little now... but don't get used to it- if i would just have more free time...

p.s. no comments about qualiy please ;)

Awesome as always.

NEX Hilo 6 Press Conference

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1404127501nexlogo.jpg

"Wow!" is all I can say. Eight first round finishes. You guys are really going at it chasing those OTN awards. I'm going to keep this brief because we have a thorough event review coming later.

We had the semi-final round of the 4-man middleweight tournament as our two main event bouts tonight. It is always exciting when championships are hanging in the balance.

Authority Zelditeez dropped the first round to Eddie Barbaros, just like their first fight, but he came back to win via submission in the second round, also like their first fight.

Patrick Marleau got the fight to the mat early and made Solomon Augustine tap out. This gives him a chance to redeem himself for his decision loss to Zelditeez earlier.

These two victories set up a championship fight:

NEX Middleweight Championship

Authority Zelditeez http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13981232812239.png VS http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/36/36w6.jpg Patrick Marleau

Now onto tonight's awards:

KO of the Night: Caliph James landed a beautiful knee to the face that made him $5000 richer.

Sub of the Night: Landon Barca must've had a plane to catch, because he was out of the cage with a win in only 30 seconds.

Fight of the Night: Authority Zelditeez vs Eddie Barbaros was exciting. Barbaros dominated the first round, but Zelditeez came roaring back once again with a submission to steal the win out from under Eddie's nose.

Keep checking out this thread for updates. Title fights, intriguing matchups, and trash talking tweets are always keeping things lively and worth a good read. We also have tournaments opening the welterweight and light heavyweight divisions, which will make this place all kinds of crazy. Until next time, happy training.

• Upvote 1

NEX Hilo 6

*The Review*

Hayashi's Lounge (2,000)

Hilo

MMA

Well folks, we will have to apologize to those of you that were looking for long three round bouts. We could only provide one of those tonight. These fighters were told the Hilo judges have been known to leave the entire arena scratching their heads and our fighters took it seriously. Let's get to the action!

Undercard

Caliph "King" James vs. Horacio Bernard

185 lbs.

This fight started out with a failed takedown attempt from Bernard which James countered into the clinch and it was all over from there. James set the pace with the fastest knockout of the night and finished his opponent at the 1:16 mark of the first round. His strength and control were on full display as he Muay Thai clinched his way to victory even restraining himself to insure no unnecessary damage as done to his opponent. James bounces back from his only professional loss while Bernard suffers his 4th professional defeat. KO of the night candidate as there was only one other KO tonight.

Takeshi "Chopstix" Fujiwara vs. Wiley "The Coyote" Kilgore

155 lbs.

Well, The Coyote started out well, even won the first round on one judge's scorecard and not too many head scratches for that one. Unfortunately, Fujiwara seemed to be fighting with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. He went with an interesting gameplan and lit Kilgore up with body shots. It was quite a nice display of Muay Thai as he kept the much larger fighter at a distance with a variety of kicks and combinations. The Coyote may not have ended up in the hospital but he certainly is going to be remembering this fight every time he wakes up in the morning for the next couple of weeks. Fight of the night candidate.

Landon Barca vs. Pim "Fire Balls" Kanajawan

155 lbs.

Barca finally gets an opponent with his shit together after his previous TWO (seriously TWO?!? c'mon guys...) failed to make weight. He was finally able to bounce back from his professional debut loss with a victory in his NEX debut! This fight really portrays the beauty of our sport. Two Muay Thai fighters step into the cage and you think you are going to see a stand up war, but Barca had other plans. Kanajawan looked to clinched early and Barca used it as an opportunity to take the fight to the ground and immediately execute a kimura from half guard. With the fastest submission of the night, Barca clinched the “Trendsetter of the Night” award and made himself an early candidate for submission of the night. *Trendsetter gets $500 from yours truly*

Matt “Animal” Andersson vs. Donald “Pure As” Snow

185 lbs.

Animal is a real well rounded fighter, but he just never got the chance to find his groove in this fight, Snow penetrated his range from the opening bell. Looking to try his luck with one of the other divisions of his military Andersson scored a takedown. However, he showed his inexperience by giving up the dominant side control and bringing the fight back to the feet where he was being picked apart. Andersson managed to land a hook before bringing the fight back to the ground where Snow proved to also be the superior fighter by getting Animal to tap from a guillotine choke at the 1:22 make of the 1st round. Snow was patient and capitalized on Andersson’s mistakes. He improves his record to 3-1 in his NEX debut.

Jason “Thunder” Jones vs. Jared “Fatty” Donisvitch

155 lbs.

Hmmm.. Thunder vs. Fatty, who will win? Fatty is actually a pretty good boxer, but what is he doing in this weight class?!? He needs to shed some lbs or find a new profession. To add to the finding of a new profession I’d would like to point out that he took one punch and decided to take the fight to the ground. This may be just because Jones punches like the lightning that accompanies Thunder; he displayed his speed by sneaking in a punch while evading all but one of Donisvitch’s strikes, but time will have to tell that tale. Fatty caught Thunder with his pants down and scored a takedown. He managed to fend off the triangle for a while but Jones used his long legs to lock the triangle up and let fatty get back to his New York style pizza and chicken wings.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1400839214Last%20Dragon%20MMA%20Banner.jpg

NEX Hilo 6 Review and review bonuses brought to you by Last Dragon MMA - Hilo. Young professional MMA fighters, come and train every discipline with our coaches!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/1404546138Last%20Dragon%20MMA.jpg

Main Card

Arthur “King” Halo vs. Teddy “Bartitsu Bitch” Barton

185 lbs.

King may be his nickname but Halo proved to be the word to sum up this one side victory. Barton still has that halo hanging over his head as he has yet to get an NEX win. Also, a big fat halo for both the offensive and defensive categories under Bartons experience log. He held off a kimura for most of round one but ultimately tapped to it before he could sustain any injury. Like any injury, it’s hard to tell if it even hurt Barton before he tapped. It’s like he knew it was about to be cranked and he said “I quit”. Halo’s brown belt has proven to hold up. Will he be first to get a crack at the winner of the middleweight tournament? He’s have to be stopped before we can say no.

Yogi “The Peaceful” Dhamma vs. Gilles Wolfe

185 lbs.

Dhamma brings his professional record to 8-0 with a quick submission win over Wolfe. He’s not in the middleweight tournament but much like Arturo Halo, he is knocking on the door of the top 5 in the division. Wolfe’s BJJ just wasn’t good enough to fight off the relentless submission attempts from Dhamma. Dhamma scored an early takedown and eventually pulled off the kimura at the 1:59 mark of the first round. If he can continue to knock off opponents while the champion is crowned, he will no doubt secure himself a title shot.

Stu “The Grim Reaper” Grimson vs. Ravi "The Trancendental Dinner" Shankoli

265 lbs.

The Grim Reaper stays undefeated and remains a threat in the heavyweight division. He’s been torching NEX opponents his entire professional career, finishing three opponents with 1st round KOs. He didn’t walk away from this one unscathed however. In a fight of Boxing vs. Muay Thai, MT won tonight’s battle, but there will be many more battles in this war of disciplines. Shankoli lit Grimson up with punches, but Grimson took as many as he dished and the MT technique was too much for Shankoli as he was sent from his feet multiple times and because this wasn’t a boxing match, the referee skipped the 10 count and stopped the fight at the 4:32 mark of the 1st round. Grimson is young but he already find himself near the top of the division, it will be interesting to see how he handles himself after this KO of the night candidate performance.

Co-Main Event

Solomon "Grundy" Augustine vs Patrick " The Shark" Marleau

Middleweight Tournament Semi-Final

In the first middleweight semi-final of the night we saw the striker, Augustine, fall to a quick kimura from Marleau. The BJJ brown belt wasted no time getting the fight to the ground and initiating a submission. Augustine wasn’t able to throw a single strike, but he should have saw a takedown coming from Marleau. I saw it, but I might be psychic. With this win, Marleau marches his brown belt into the finals of the middleweight tournament hoping to be crowned to organization’s first champion!

Main Event

Eddie "The Barbarian" Barbaros vs Authority "Pitbull" Zelditeez

Middleweight Tournament Semi-Final

The REMATCH! These two fighters went out tonight and proved why they deserve to be in the main event and in the middleweight tournament. Barbaros knew his advantage was on the feet in the clinch so he went out there in the 1st round and made sure to keep the fight off the canvas. He scored a copious amount of elbows in the clinch and stuffed takedown after takedown. The 2nd round was a different story. Zelditeez recognized he was no match for Barbaros on the feet and within seconds had Barbaros’ back to the mat in full guard. Four minutes later, Zelditeez was in full mount and Barbaros was tapping. With two wins over Barbaros under his belt, Zelditeez will have a new challenge awaiting him in the finals of the tournament. A more experience BJJ player, these next few weeks of training will be crucial. This middleweight final will be one for the record books!

• Upvote 2

NEX Sydney 4

Hard Knocks (3,000)

Sydney

MMA

Undercard

Middleweight Bout

Pedro Azevedo (0-4) (NEX 0-3) v Kevin Hordeen (1-6) (NEX 1-3)

For start we will get fight of two minor MMA fighters. Coming out of German Hamburg 22 years old Pedro ‘Rocha’ Azevedo, will face 25 years old Australian from Perth- Kevin ‘The Coffin’ Hordeen. They have fought each other already once- in May this year. Then by unanimous decision won Hordeen, because he was much more aggressive fighter. But to be honest, not much of his action landed successfully, and Azevedo was far more efficient fighter in every area. This time Azevedo can’t make any mistakes and let judges take the W from him. But it also doesn’t mean his gameplan was perfect- all those takedown attempts he tried, drained a lot of energy from him- it was good idea to take Hordeen to ground, but when Your tactics is built on takedowns… It isn’t good way, they become too obcious. But they still worked.

Undercard

Heavyweight Bout

Ken Halo (4-3) (NEX 1-2) v Tenzei Wong (0-2) (NEX (0-2)

19 years old ‘Bro’ Ken Halo from United States will be trying to improve his already solid professional MMA record against 18 years old Tenzei ‘The Ox’ Wong from Chinese Macau. Wong has no won fight in his professional history and I’m afraid that as experienced fighter as ‘Bro’ Ken may be too much for him again. Fight should be definitely played at striking distance, as both are great boxers with rather weak other fighting abilities, so it can be too risky to check something another tonight. And their past says clear: ‘Bro’ Ken Halo takes the W.

Undercard

Heavyweight Bout

James Dela Cruz (1-3) (NEX 0-3) v Sam Emerson (1-2) (NEX 1-2)

Once more two still unsuccessful MMA fighters, but this time 25 years olders: Philippinian James Dela Cruz from Manila, will be fighting against New Yorker- Sam ‘Sambo’ Emerson. They both are derived rather from wrestling, but with difference, that Sam Emerson has reached international level- Dela Cruz never managed to go there. But as MMA fighters, it seems that Philippinian is more complete fighter for now. There may be situation that great wrestling skills can be enough for ‘Sambo’, but if not- Dela Cruz will be trying to outscore him standing. But here once more- his striking skills aren’t anything special- Emerson is the one who lacks of them. According to all facts, I think that it will be decided on the ground- and over there, ‘Sambo’ is the one, who we should bet on.

Undercard

Middleweight Bout

Anssi Manninen (2-3) (NEX (0-2) v Andrew Morgan (1-0) (NEX debut)

Two interesting 18 years old fighters, who has started promising, when stepped into MMA minor galas. But Finn from Oulu- Anssi Manninen, after 2 impressing wins, lost once before he was spotted by New Era Extreme scouts. And from that moment he fought twice and lost both. So after very nice start, he will be stepping to the Cage from 3 loss streak momentum. It’s surely a lot for inexperienced fighter. His tonight’s opponent- Andrew ‘The Nightmare’ Morgan from Des Moines, United States, will be debuting in NEX Organization. He won his only fight on minor MMA Gala, but this is the real starting moment of his career- he will step into fully professional MMA for the very first time. And this is the moment, in which we will see, who of those talented fighters will make step forward, and who will be condemned to stay in the Undercards for longer. For sure they have nice striking abilities, but Manninen also has surprisingly shown far better than average grappling skills for a blue belt owner, so maybe this is where fight will get decided?

Undercard

Heavyweight Bout

Ying Yang (2-1) (NEX debut) v Alexander Emelianenko (5-1) (NEX 1-1)

Last Preliminary Fight, and we are stepping into some serious and high level MMA already. Debuting in NEX tonight, 20 years old Japanese from Hiroshima- Ying ‘Zen’ Yang, will step into cage against rarely talented Russian 19 years old Alexander ‘Red Devil’ Emelianenko from Saint Petersburg. ‘Zen’ is solid fighter in every area, but he won all of his previous fights by submissions- and this is something what just can’t happen tonight. Emelianenko is grappling expert, brown belt owner, and after watching his previous fights- he definitely will one day acquire black belt, it’s just matter of time and we must remember that he is just 19 years old! But he has already proven his great BJJ ground play by submitting many opponents. And I think that this is what can happen tonight. Yang can be some threat also standing, but ‘Red Devil’ is definitely too good tactician to just let him play his game and walk away with W.

Main Card

Middleweight Bout

Ed Haskens (3-1) (NEX 2-1) v Lewis Rampage (3-2) (NEX 2-2)

First full American fight tonight. 23 years old talented Ed ‘Killer’ Haskens from Freemont, will face 25 years old Lewis ‘Mad Dog’ Rampage from Cesis. It will be very tough fight. They are both good wrestlers- Haskens even international level, but Rampage is the one, who has developed as MMA fighter much further and also his wrestling skills can be quite enough to stop ‘Killer’ from taking control. And ‘Mad Dog’ can definitely completely outscore him in striking and also can work something out on the ground. Who will have tonight enough to maintain control over his opponent, he will win- nothing revealing.

Main Card

Heavyweight Bout

Richard Grayson (3-1) (NEX 2-1) v Edward Magalona (3-1) (NEX 2-1)

In next fight we will have opportunity to watch two very solid 25 years old warriors: Richard Grayson derived from Gotham, United States, and Edward ‘TrueShadow’ Magalona- Philippinian from Baguio. Once more- while Magalona can score some points standing- even if he is rather average striker, because Grayson is very weak striker, American can obtain control on the ground. And over there we could usually see how intelligent ground fighter Richard Grayson is- he will ground and pound you effectively, but will be all the time ready and focused for any opening to lock submission and win by this way. It’s also worth to mention, that during last fight Richard Grayson didn’t manage to do absolutely ANYTHING before he was KOd in the very first round- and he was fighting against quite similar leveled striker, as Edward Magalona is.

Main Card

Lightweight Bout

Nicholas Nuke Em (2-0) (NEX 1-0) v Ricardo Smith (2-1) (NEX 2-1)

We are nearly at Main Event phase. This will be the last regular fight on Main Card and it will contain two promising 25 years old fighters, who despite to their age, are actually making their very first steps in professional MMA World. Two Australian Lightweighters: Nicholas Nuke Em coming out from Melbourne VIC, and more talented from Smith brothers derived from Adelaide. Fans will be definitely on Ricardo Smith’s side- he is one of the most spectacular beginner fighters in NEX, and maybe even across the World! Nuke Em and Smith are very solid wrestlers without any significant striking abilities, and Smith seems to be at least a little better ground fighter, so it’s rather wise to call him a favorite. But it isn’t that big difference to call him already winner- Nuke Em didn’t lose any professional MMA fights and is still solid ground fighter aswell.

Co-Main Event

Heavyweight Bout

Gary Bradshaw (5-1) (NEX debut) v Case Walker (3-1) (NEX 3-1)

The Co-Main Event of the Night: clash of gifted 25 years old warriors, who have already proven their unaverage skills. Gary ‘The Bloke’ Bradshaw from Canadian Quebec, will fight against American from Mesa- Case Walker. Walker has a little worse Pro Record, but he fought all his fights in major MMA galas. And Bradshaw has impressive 5-1 record, but all of his past fights were fought on minor QFC fighting galas. And this is why we just don’t know true skills of Canadian warrior. And Case Walker can be someone, who can test him. Additionally this fight was announced as clash of fighting styles- Canadian wrestler with nice grappling skills against great boxer, who is still maintaining his ground play to sensible level. And in this situation it’s wiser to point ‘The Bloke’ as favorite, especially that we have already seen in past, that Case Walker can be not only outscored on the ground, but also submitted.

Main Event

Heavyweight Championship

Taw DawTang (4-0) (NEX 3-0) v Merkan Killmaz (3-1) (NEX 3-1)

The Main Event of the Night! Two 25 years old great fighters will step into the cage against each other to fight for Heavyweight Championship Belt. Still flawless in his previous professional fights, Taw ‘Dark Paw’ DawTang from exotic Taik Kyi on Myanmar, will face tonight derived from American Hilo Merkan ‘The Defiant Hawaiian’ Killmaz. DawTang is known as world class grappler without really dangerous striking abilities, and this is what Merkan Killmaz will be trying to take advantage of. But ‘Dark Paw’ already fought against good strikers and came out as winner from all of those encounters. Killmaz was surely preparing very hard to improve his ground game, but I’m not sure was it possible to prepare in such a short time for as great grappler, as ‘Dark Paw’ is. But maybe backed by Fans ‘The Defiant Hawaiian’ will be able to finish this fight before DawTang will impose his gameplan to him? It would be surely more interesting in future, if striker would be Championship Defender, but experience tells us, that the grappler will be favorite tonight.

Brought to You by

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1400899889bannerfans_11409862%283%29.jpg

In partnership with

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1401813989Antonio.jpg

• Upvote 2

:mf_popcorn1: I dont know what *Dark-Paw* has inspired but I have an idea what Merkan is going to do to him at the Hard Knocks in Sydney. And I am over joyed that this is a LEGAL outlet. Sorry about your luck, Paw.

The Only loss in Merkan's career was to this man, and it looked something like this : Sub attempts: 17 (1)

He wants to crush this guy but NOT to avenge the loss,... but to avenge the disgrace of it being the ONLY lame ass fight in Merkan's career. Win / Lose Paw,...this time you will have to entertain.

New Era Xtreme Press Conference

You've all been hearing rumors for the past couple of weeks about a massive 32-man tournament to open two new divisions here in NEX. Well, the rumors are true. 16 welterweights and 16 light heavyweights will do battle in a double elimination tournament, with the winner of each division being declared the champion of that division.

The 170 pound side of the tournament will be known as NEX Welterweight Warzone. The war kicks off on July 30.

The 205 pound side of the tournament will be known as NEX Light Heavyweight Havoc. The 205ers go haywire starting August 6.

You can see the brackets by clicking on the links above. All matchups were randomly generated. For full tournament rules, check out the tournament page

• Upvote 3

NEX Sydney 4 Press Conference

New Era Xtreme has crowned its first champion. Obviously, that is the big news from this event. Taw DawTang remained undefeated with yet another submission win, catching Merkan Killmaz in a guillotine.

I'm not going to steal the thunder of our event reviewer, Bruce Leroy, so I'll get straight to the OTN awards:

KO of the Night: Seventeen seconds is all it took for Case Walker to move himself into the #1 contender's spot and a chance to redeem himself against newly minted champion Taw DawTang.

Sub of the Night: Alexander Emelianenko was in and out of the cage quickly, using an arm triangle to get $5000 richer.

Fight of the Night: Anssi Manninen vs Andrew Morgan was our first fight and it was fight of the night. tt was a wrestling fan's dream, with furious takedown attempts from both men. Morgan dominated in this area, but Manninen used some slick BJJ to overcome it.

Until next time, happy training.