THE OFFICIAL MMA TYCOON OLYMPICS!!

Yeah like mega I don't really like the random generator either as that is a match up that could have been a great final but it is what it is. Maybe the committee can look at this in the future and maybe we could do a p4p seating for future events. But this does up the stakes for the first round.

i think next year we do def do it differently. maybe have a commmitte do it. or a non part taking org owner ir mike

Yeah like mega I don't really like the random generator either as that is a match up that could have been a great final but it is what it is. Maybe the committee can look at this in the future and maybe we could do a p4p seating for future events. But this does up the stakes for the first round.

I think the best option is to separate them into 2 groups, weak plus strong. That way in round 1 we will always get the top 4 favorites against the 4 underdogs. So, there is a certain level of randomness still, but not to the extent where you get seed 1 against seed 2 in round 1. The worse we could get is #1 vs #5. I do not like it to be #1 vs #8 and so on. That always means the biggest draw is risking the most and it also makes it tougher to get a good matchup for the main event.

I think this is what is being proposed here right?:

reasonable option would be to do two separate picks, after splitting all participants in two brackets (p4p). this way we would avoid getting premature finals, but there would be still some random factor involved, with also adds to the game.

kind of.

I would do it that way: #1 fighter goes to bracket numer 1, #2, to bracket number two, #3 goes to second one, #4 to first one and so on. and then they would be paired randomly. We would have two randomly seeded branches but without totally premature "finals" (but there still could be #2 with #3 or 1# and 4# fighting in first round)

Still waiting on Marsh from CEC/CW, and looks like I will have to push the event back to the 3rd for Loompas injuries.. I will post the brackets shortly

in which city do 135 - ers fight? theres some confusion...

not much time to move my guy if its far away from his location.

Yeah, I'd like to know what's up with CEC/CW situation too. It seems like CEC has their next 2 events fully booked and CW's next event is on June 14th, so I really wonder what's going on.

EDIT: I see that the other 135'ers are contracted to CEC so I think their hosting it in Helsinki. When the 1st round is, I have no idea.

So wtf is going on with CEC/CW. Nobody seems to know who their 155'er is. In this thread it says Damien Satan, but Cliff told me it's Nieto, however Mega who manages Nieto didn't know anything about it.... And when is CEC going to host the 1st round since their next 2 events are already fully booked?!?

Also would like to add to Kole, who is representing CEC/CW at 145lbs? The last post I see says Kris Marsh, but Cliff says that it isn't and it's Karnak representing them?? Please some input to the situation??

Well, as I said... Styles situation is cleared. Mike removed his injuries so he's good to go on June 1st. About Corleone, I told his manager via phone a few hours ago to talk with Mike about removing the injury as well. So I guess there will be no problems about that as well. Stu mentioned a 8 day injury for Loompa. Mike has been very helpful about that and he understands the situation of the tournament. That being said, I think we can all have injuries removed in case they interfere in a proposed date for Olympics.

That's my advice for the org owners :)

Well, as I said... Styles situation is cleared. Mike removed his injuries so he's good to go on June 1st. About Corleone, I told his manager via phone a few hours ago to talk with Mike about removing the injury as well. So I guess there will be no problems about that as well. Stu mentioned a 8 day injury for Loompa. Mike has been very helpful about that and he understands the situation of the tournament. That being said, I think we can all have injuries removed in case they interfere in a proposed date for Olympics.

That's my advice for the org owners :)

good work and awesome