THE OFFICIAL MMA TYCOON OLYMPICS!!

You didn't do anything wrong at all Born2Kill, this is not a criticism of you or anything u did/tried to do on the ground. It just seems odd how the ground game works as far as the lack of moves & how quickly time seems to pass there.

Here is an example of 1 of my fights & I promise I wasn't trying to LNP either. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=668308

If you break it down the fight spends around 15-16 min standing. 7-8 on the ground & 1-2 in clinch.

From distance the 2 fighters combined for 189 moves (attempts between strikes & attempted TD's not including clinch attempts or lands which don't show in stats) 189/15 = combined 12.6 moves per min between the 2. Clinch was my 28 + his 16 so....... 48 moves / 1 or 2 min so between 24-48 combined moves per min

On the ground I had 15 (4) strikes & 8 (3) advance to his 11 (2) advance so that's 34 total moves in 8 min.......34/8 = 4 combined moves per min. Time disappears rapidly on the ground.

Okay :) I understand but also all instructional criticism always needed to learn something :-)

I think groundgame in real life also gave much less to score points than striking game and it last longer to have something important like changing positions, sweep. Maybe it should be more punches shown, more lighter ones but a lot of them, not causing much damage but still scored in body or some chops in the face or ears ;-) And clinchwork for me isn't a place where You can stall, control. Like in boxing...but also MT doesn't last on clinch where You hand on something but throwing strikes, elbows, knees so for me it should be more referee breaking clinch than standing them up many times...But that's only what I feel often and comparing to real life MMA ;-)

But main thing is that doing something on the ground it takes simply more time than in striking battle...but we don't have scoring points system in this sport so it's always hard when battle took place in every aspect of it and both of fighters have done something not easy "to compare" in the eyes of judgdes.

Two good fights in the LHW bracket yesterday:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=670160

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=670161

Congrats to the winners - Styles vs Saint will be fun!

Ascension: LHW Olympics Finale

I thought Styles was done after that knee to the body in the 1st round that made him breathe heavily. He has fought through that surprisingly well on a few occasions though it has also led to almost all of his KO losses except 1 I believe and was the reason Blunts was going to move from 265 to 185

Two good fights in the LHW bracket yesterday:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=670160

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=670161

Congrats to the winners - Styles vs Saint will be fun!

Ascension: LHW Olympics Finale

I thought Styles was done after that knee to the body in the 1st round that made him breathe heavily. He has fought through that surprisingly well on a few occasions though it has also led to almost all of his KO losses except 1 I believe and was the reason Blunts was going to move from 265 to 185

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13945165273961.png

Devin "Furious" Styles:

"I came in like a wrecking ball

Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung

Left me crashing in a blazing fall

All you ever did was wreck me

Yeah, you, you wreck me

I never meant to start a war

I just wanted you to let me in

And instead of using force

I guess I should've let you win

I never meant to start a war

I just wanted you to let me in

I guess I should've let you win

Nuff' Said..."

[media=560x315]

[/media]
  • Upvote 4

Hey Sonny should have gotten 2 points for TTFC giving TTFC 19 points not 17.

Did he not get those when he qualified from the first round? In this round he lost via a KO i think. I do not remember who updated the last round, but if it was me, i should have given the 2 points.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Did he not get those when he qualified from the first round? In this round he lost via a KO i think. I do not remember who updated the last round, but if it was me, i should have given the 2 points.

I thought you gave the fighter that won the round on the commentators score card one point no matter what. I believe that is how I scored the first Olympic round so if that's not the case I will have to look at my scoring as I think I screwed it up. So let me know as I may have mistaken how the scoring went.

I thought you gave the fighter that won the round on the commentators score card one point no matter what. I believe that is how I scored the first Olympic round so if that's not the case I will have to look at my scoring as I think I screwed it up. So let me know as I may have mistaken how the scoring went.

This is how the scoring was done:

Scoring system.

- 5 points for a KO/Submission win

- In the case of a loss, the loser still gains points based upon the judging of the commentator (this is to avoid the cases you lost by KO/Sub, we wont know because the judges do not score in this case)

- Losers gain 1 point per won round in decision losses

- In the case of a draw, the loser gains 2 points, the winner 3 points and the Winner in such a case will be determined by highest p4p ranking.

- If the draw is in the final, a rematch will take place the nearest possible date to decide a winner.

- Winners of the Quarter finals gain +1 point for qualification

- Winners of the Semi final gain +2 points for qualification

- Winner of the final gain +3 points

- In the case of a NC, the other fighter automatically qualifies with a 5-0 result.

- In the case of a double NC, then the highest ranking loser from the previous round replaces them.

Note: The tourney owner will need to keep track of his weight class point count.

1. SYN 45 points

4. ASC 42 points

2. EVO 38 points

3. AD 37 points

5. Gamma 27 points

6. CEC/CW 27 points

7. SISU 25 points

8. TTFC 17points

This is after the latest GAMMA event. AD gained 4+2 (they lost of of the rounds) and CEC gained 5+2 (TKO win)

This also includes the CEC event last week as well (7 points to ASC and 7 points to SISU)

In the finals we have the underdog Doc Chillum, which went into this tourney as the lowest ranking, vs Patrick Jane, which was also an outsider

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1. SYN 59 points

2. ASC 48 points

3. AD 44 points
4. EVO 39 points
5. CEC/CW 34 points
6. SISU 32 points

7. Gamma 27 points

8. TTFC 17points

After TTFC event: AD+7, SYN +7

After AD event: ASC +6, Evo +1, CEC +7