Champ refusing fight

5 years experience v 1 year experience

Sens-Respectable-Sens-Brown v Wonderful-Feeble-Proficient-Blue

p4p 4384 v p4p 2040

This is a 100% fuckover sceanario.

It has nothing to do with "losing a fight", that happens.

This has to do with the above.

A complete can crush, where the Can's manager is the noob.

Why have the fight?

The outcome is known,, why fuck the noob?

Mike McSlaughter... LMAO

But he isn't fucked. He is barely negatively impacted at all.

When i was a noob In 2010, i got fucked over badly by the first org owner i signed with, so I know what its like to be on the receiving end from unscrupulous managers.

Shit like this isn't cool, whether its an ID restricted org or not, ner whether he is champ or not.

The outcome is known beforehand and no need for a fight.

The org owner should simply strip the champ, sack him and get on with it, instead of forcing this fuckover on this noob..

I find it very interesting how many of you condone noobfucking,

even encourage it under the guise of "but he's the champ" crap!

Sad :sad01_anim:

Well, it doesn't look like this thread is going to die soon so I guess I'll make a few points:

1) The OP really should never have signed Snow to this org - on paper he is clearly head and shoulders above the other fighters.

2) The org owner should not have recruited him for the same reason.

3) Until I speak with the champ, I will not sack or strip him. I definitely wouldn't sack/strip him based on his not taking this fight alone.

Normally I would reside in the champ-must-face-all-comers camp, but this seems like a perfect storm between a misguided org owner and what appears to be a manager interested solely in shaming another into committing hara-kiri for the sake of his rep.

If anyone is getting sacked it will be the challenger; he has no viable competition and only one fight left on his contract.

• Upvote 1

Well, it doesn't look like this thread is going to die soon so I guess I'll make a few points:

1) The OP really should never have signed Snow to this org - on paper he is clearly head and shoulders above the other fighters.

3) Until I speak with the champ, I will not sack or strip him. I definitely wouldn't sack/strip him based on his not taking this fight alone.

Normally I would reside in the champ-must-face-all-comers camp, but this seems like a perfect storm between a misguided org owner and what appears to be a manager interested solely in shaming another into committing hara-kiri for the sake of his rep.

If anyone is getting sacked it will be the challenger; he has no viable competition and only one fight left on his contract.

Now, here are spoken words of wisdom.

Well said Disney, agree 100%

The OP clearly joined the org to can crush his way to the title and when the title holder disagreed, he came to the forums to cry. The only decent solution I see to the issue is to give the challenger a few more fights to bring his hype up, but unfortunately the champ has to wait while this happens otherwise his hype will rise at the same time and we'd be in the same scenario. So it's pretty much a lose/lose situation.

• Upvote 2

The OP clearly joined the org to can crush his way to the title and when the title holder disagreed, he came to the forums to cry. The only decent solution I see to the issue is to give the challenger a few more fights to bring his hype up, but unfortunately the champ has to wait while this happens otherwise his hype will rise at the same time and we'd be in the same scenario. So it's pretty much a lose/lose situation.

I don't even see this as a solution in this case. Snow is just too advanced for the org at this time, hype doesn't factor into it here as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 2

No, he isn't fucked, just fucked over.

His managerial ranking will take a bad hit.

Is this a common occurrence in your own org?

Is that why you're defending the indefensible?

I have said many, many times that it was a stupid fight to offer. I would never make it. In fact, I said that the fighter should leave the org as soon as his contract is up because it is not a well run org. However, when you are the champ of a poorly run org, be a man and take your beating, then leave that piece of shit. The second that the belt is around your waist, you should lose the right to decline for any reason other than needing time to heal from injuries.

Besides, this guy's manager rank is like 550. He is not going to suffer much from the loss. If he was a top 25 manager, dropping in rank might be a little more important to this discussion.

So unless you're a top manager you should accept horrible fights? Seems like a good way for new players to bridge the gap.

No, I am referring strictly to title fights. If you are not the champ, you are free to decline for any reason under the sun. The second you accept an offer for a title shot, you are taking on the responsibility to fight anyone and everyone within the ID cap of the org until you lose the belt, at which point you once again have the right to decline.

If you don't want to risk even one difficult fight, then don't take title shots.

For the record, I would expect a top 25 manager to also accept this fight, but I would at least understand why he might selfishly refuse and expect the org owner to strip him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No, I am referring strictly to title fights. If you are not the champ, you are free to decline for any reason under the sun. The second you accept an offer for a title shot, you are taking on the responsibility to fight anyone and everyone within the ID cap of the org until you lose the belt, at which point you once again have the right to decline.

If you don't want to risk even one difficult fight, then don't take title shots.

For the record, I would expect a top 25 manager to also accept this fight, but I would at least understand why he might selfishly refuse and expect the org owner to strip him.

The fight should never be offered, he's offered a fighter who has a can ranking with a lot better stats. This is a new manager, he didn't demand the title as far as I'm aware... it seems he just accepted fights that came his way that he felt he could win (which is fair) than the org manager has signed this fighter who is well and truly above the rest of the competition. I can't believe the org manager thought this was a good idea, and I can't believe the challenger's manager thought it was. It's can crushing/noob crushing, of course new manager doesn't want to be forced into this fight, he can't win.

Seems like jon snow has left the org, probably best result tbh. Otherwise org would need to sign a lot more highly skilled fighters to challenge him, forcing out existing fighters, or let Snow can crush everybody.

• Upvote 2

The fight should never be offered, he's offered a fighter who has a can ranking with a lot better stats. This is a new manager, he didn't demand the title as far as I'm aware... it seems he just accepted fights that came his way that he felt he could win (which is fair) than the org manager has signed this fighter who is well and truly above the rest of the competition. I can't believe the org manager thought this was a good idea, and I can't believe the challenger's manager thought it was. It's can crushing/noob crushing, of course new manager doesn't want to be forced into this fight, he can't win.

Seems like jon snow has left the org, probably best result tbh. Otherwise org would need to sign a lot more highly skilled fighters to challenge him, forcing out existing fighters, or let Snow can crush everybody.

I agree that the fight should have never been offered, but it was. As champ, you should accept, even if it is an auto-loss. That is your duty as champion. If you don't like it, then don't accept a title fight that is offered to you, or in this case, he could've gone to a 210k org instead of a 200k org with his 212k fighter.

As for org owners who offer this kind of fight, you should leave their org when your contract is up and share your bad experience with your alliance. Word will spread about bad orgs and they will die,

This debate is never ending. No matter what argument anyone makes, there will be people who think the champ should fight and there will be those who agree with him declining. I think the two sides should just agree to disagree at this point.

The ironic part of this entire thread was he posted it hoping to pressure the new player/champion into an unfair fight and the only real result he gained was outing himself as a can crusher and showing off the bad judgement of the new org owner.

• Upvote 2

Grassman, I dont give flying fck what you think or have to say. Ive never been a can crusher, never took the game too serious or cared about my or any fighters ranking. I rarely turn down a fight and have never turned down a fight as champ.

I didnt look at champ as a can, I dont think he was champ when I joined org almost 5 months back.

Last owner wasnt on the ball and I didnt get many fights, I was about to leave when new guy takes over and says its all good. Since im not too worried bout rankings and the like I just keep training my guy and wait for offers. I win a couple fights after months without and im the closest to the champ in hype and ranking.

I signed my 204k fighter to a 200k id restricted org and never thought I was going to just crush cans. As I told the new org owner I didnt care about the title fight, it was more of the principle of a champ not fighting the next best guy and being a dick about it. It went on for weeks before I posted here as I dont really bother with forums, I have no time and prefer to just play the game alone.

So to suggest there is some sort of collusion to fck some noob is ridiculous, guys been playing a year, hardly a noob.

In the end, after 2 owners of this org asking me to be patient and to stick with them, one bolts and the other releases me....

I came here to find out if I was always wrong in thinking champs must fight. A champ thats won 9 in a row by ko is hardly a can. Maybe not as trained in primaries as my guy, but thats not my prob.....

As for cans, take a look at champs last 3 fights ....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I would probably take that fight as a manager, but I would never offer a fight like that as an org owner.

The thing is when you start with an ID-restricted org, you need to gradually make the "level" better. But what this guy has done is just sign every guy no matter their skills and that's the result.

That is my opinion here.

The major issue with smaller orgs is that they want to jump to the top. They go out, sign some fighter 2000 p4p places above their nearest challenger or someone WAY over skilled in relation to their roster. Then they cannot find anyone suitable for them to fight. Building a roster is a very slow and tedious process and you should never sign beyond your talent pool.

If i was the org owner i would release Mike's fighter (which is think is what happened in the end), simply because there is nobody out there for him to fight. As for Mike, don't join orgs which cannot provide the competition, lol

• Upvote 2

Your manager opp rank for a top 100 manager is a fucking joke.

i was never even top 200 til last 3 weeks I believe. I was 250 to 400 for yrs, ive never even won div4 league thing, some can crusher...I never really looked at those stats but just took a quick look at some of the top guys...#1 opp av 500

2 av 786

3 av 736

6 av 560

7 av 598

11 av 571

20 av 612

So my rating might suck compared to some of you but considering I was above 250 til last 2 months, now into top 100 after yrs my 582 av isnt the worst. I dont see you telling the guy posting in this thread who is a top 10 and his rating is worse than mine. I didnt come here for a pissing contest , just wanted to know if champs had to fight all comers in a id restricted org.

Thanks for the opinions tho....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

That is my opinion here.

The major issue with smaller orgs is that they want to jump to the top. They go out, sign some fighter 2000 p4p places above their nearest challenger or someone WAY over skilled in relation to their roster. Then they cannot find anyone suitable for them to fight. Building a roster is a very slow and tedious process and you should never sign beyond your talent pool.

If i was the org owner i would release Mike's fighter (which is think is what happened in the end), simply because there is nobody out there for him to fight. As for Mike, don't join orgs which cannot provide the competition, lol

joined 5 months ago, he recruited me. Think I popped a few times since he signed me. I was coming off a loss I thought I shoulda won, Randall "The Dark Man" Flagg (200339) So wasnt looking to throw him to the wolves...Fman should see the humor in that..

• Downvote 1

Grassman, I dont give flying fck what you think or have to say. Ive never been a can crusher, never took the game too serious or cared about my or any fighters ranking. I rarely turn down a fight and have never turned down a fight as champ.

I didnt look at champ as a can, I dont think he was champ when I joined org almost 5 months back.

Last owner wasnt on the ball and I didnt get many fights, I was about to leave when new guy takes over and says its all good. Since im not too worried bout rankings and the like I just keep training my guy and wait for offers. I win a couple fights after months without and im the closest to the champ in hype and ranking.

I signed my 204k fighter to a 200k id restricted org and never thought I was going to just crush cans. As I told the new org owner I didnt care about the title fight, it was more of the principle of a champ not fighting the next best guy and being a dick about it. It went on for weeks before I posted here as I dont really bother with forums, I have no time and prefer to just play the game alone.

Fair enough!

So to suggest there is some sort of collusion to fck some noob is ridiculous, guys been playing a year, hardly a noob.

You have to admit, it looks really bad.

In the end, after 2 owners of this org asking me to be patient and to stick with them, one bolts and the other releases me....

I came here to find out if I was always wrong in thinking champs must fight. A champ thats won 9 in a row by ko is hardly a can. Maybe not as trained in primaries as my guy, but thats not my prob.....

You fighter is in another league skill wise, looking like well trained, private gym fighter of an experienced manager.

The paper champ looks like he was created yesterday.

As for cans, take a look at champs last 3 fights ....

Same level-ish as the champ.

This fighter should have never been champ, but he's no more of a joke than having a "title" at this org.

Titles in small orgs should be left for the noobs to take, its a nice incentive for a new player to have meaningless title on one of his fighters, giving him status among the other noobs, who also realize that championship belts are not that far out of reach in the smaller Orgs..

The only titles that mean something for Experienced players are the Belts of the big Orgs.

He was sacked as soon as I was hired on for reasons already mentioned (ad nauseum) in this thread. There is a huge amount of work to be done in this org, but I'm up to the challenge.

This debate is never ending. No matter what argument anyone makes, there will be people who think the champ should fight and there will be those who agree with him declining. I think the two sides should just agree to disagree at this point.

The ironic part of this entire thread was he posted it hoping to pressure the new player/champion into an unfair fight and the only real result he gained was outing himself as a can crusher and showing off the bad judgement of the new org owner.

Don't think this didn't make me chuckle a bit while I was clicking the sack button. :shades:

This little stunt didn't do anything but harm his rep. The irony is rich with this one.

Mods: it's probably time to put this one on ice.

• Upvote 1

I have said many, many times that it was a stupid fight to offer. I would never make it. In fact, I said that the fighter should leave the org as soon as his contract is up because it is not a well run org. However, when you are the champ of a poorly run org, be a man and take your beating, then leave that piece of shit. The second that the belt is around your waist, you should lose the right to decline for any reason other than needing time to heal from injuries.

Only if that belt meant anything.

This belt means almost nothing,, means a hell of a lot less than losing that paricular fight

Besides, this guy's manager rank is like 550. He is not going to suffer much from the loss. If he was a top 25 manager, dropping in rank might be a little more important to this discussion.

Your Org might mean a lot to you, more than your rank.

His opinion might differ from yours, his rank might mean more than anything else in this game.

Why should he be fucked out of his rank, because YOU think being champ in a paper org means more than his rank?

• Upvote 1

i was never even top 200 til last 3 weeks I believe. I was 250 to 400 for yrs, ive never even won div4 league thing, some can crusher...I never really looked at those stats but just took a quick look at some of the top guys...#1 opp av 500

2 av 786

3 av 736

6 av 560

7 av 598

11 av 571

20 av 612

So my rating might suck compared to some of you but considering I was above 250 til last 2 months, now into top 100 after yrs my 582 av isnt the worst. I dont see you telling the guy posting in this thread who is a top 10 and his rating is worse than mine. I didnt come here for a pissing contest , just wanted to know if champs had to fight all comers in a id restricted org.

Thanks for the opinions tho....

Personally, I don't think you suck, are a bad manager or have a bad ranking.

In fact I have no problem with you per say, other than I felt you were "hanging someone out to dry",

someone who, imo, definitely didn't deserve it based on the circumstances presented.

Lets just move on from this misconception and carry on enjoying this fantastic game to the fullest. :yes: