Unleash Fighting Championship Tokyo Preview/Review

Lakay

170 lbs

Takamura “The Slayer” Mamrou vs Itsu “The Blade” Hitigaki

You know that awkward moment when you show up at a place, wearing the same thing as someone else? Well, “The Slayer” and “The Blade” showed up with the same entrance music. And to make matters more awkward, Hitigaki was, “staring across the cage…tweaking his nipples”. Aside from the weird introduction, this was a good, 100% rated fight. Mamrou pulled the old Rope-a-Dope, getting smashed the first and second round, but turning it on later in the third, to win the Knock Out of the Night Bonus.

Result: 1:10 of round 3 KO (Punch) Takamura Mamrou!

They have the same manager, that is why everything is similar

UNFC - 005 Choe vs Nomo Preview

Konnichiwa! Sevoro Del Bosque here, covering our best event to date, UNFC – 005 Choe vs Nomo. We have two Unleash Fighting Championship Titles on the line. “The Slippery Dolphin” Atlantis and “The Facebook F***er” Choe, will look to defend their belts against “Macho” Camacho and “Croc Boy” Nomo. I will be looking for a better prediction record this time around, as I got no predictions correct last event. We have great fights all night Saturday, at Hayashi’s Lounge in Tokyo, Japan

145 lbs

(3-3) Brendon "Meaty" McQuinn vs (4-0) Bronson "Sonson" Johnson

In our opening bout, two featherweight fighters will be making their UNFC Toyko debuts. New Zealand fighter, Brendon “Meaty” McQuinn, is a mad dog, always looking to fight as often as possible. McQuinn’s 6 professional career fights were over an 11 day stretch. Bronson “Sonson” Johnson will look to add another victory to his perfect record. The Filipino “Sonson” is on a four fight submission victory streak.

Prediction: McQuinn by 1st Round TKO

155 lbs

(1-1) Manuel "Ares" Perez vs (0-1) Project Falcon

Another Filipino fighter, “Ares”, is an excellent striker, with none of his fights going out of the first round. A little history note; Spain owned the Philippines for over 300 years, so it’s normal for a Filipino native to be a white looking guy named Manuel Perez. New Yorker, Project Falcon, is hungry for a win and has the skills to get it done. Falcon has the better chin and far superior Muay Thai skills.

Prediction: Perez by Decision

185 lbs

(2-1) Big Boss vs (0-1) Benny "The Jet" Smith

Dublin’s own, Big Boss, is moving up in the 185lb rankings, after a 31 second submission win his last time out in the UNFC cage. “The Jet”, from New York, has quite the opposite resume, making his UNFC debut after a 35 second submission loss. Much like the New York Jets, I expect “The Jet” to come back stronger this time around. Screw the New England Patriots.

Prediction: Smith by 1st Round Submission

145 lbs

(1-0) Jeet Bhatt vs (2-0) Ken "Slick" Kaede

Here at Unleash Fighting Championship we have fighters from all corners of the globe. Indian fighter, Jeet Bhatt, will be fighting the hometown favorite, Ken “Slick” Kaede. I expect a great fight between these two undefeated Asian fighters. Bhatt could easily take it to the ground, where both fighters are evenly matched in Jiu Jitsu. Meanwhile, the wonderful Japanese boxer, Kaede, will be looking for a knockout.

Prediction: Kaede by 2nd Round KO

265 lbs

(3-1) Chao "Chao Chao" Ming vs (4-0) "Gentle" Jack Byrne

“Chao Chao” is a Swedish fighter, looking to get back into the win column against the undefeated Irish fighter, “Gentle” Jack Byrne. “Gentle” must be an inside joke, because Jack Byrne won Fight of the Night in his UNFC debut, by way of brutal Muay Thai combinations. My pick for Fight of the Night, I see Jack Byrne being not so gentle in the clinch once again.

Prediction: Byrne by 3rd Round TKO

265 lbs

(1-0) Foo Kin Hooj vs (3-1) "The Dominator" Vinny Tamaso

We have two great Heavyweight fights in a row! Korean, Foo Kin Hooj, and “The Dominator”, from North Carolina, are both confident that they have what it takes to be future stars in UNFC. Hooj’s bio says it all, “He's big. He's nasty. And he is coming at you! Won his first Pro fight in just 5 seconds, looking for more of the same”. I doubt “The Dominator” will be finished so easily and he sees the fight going two ways, “I can KNOCK HIM OUT or HE CAN TAP". Hooj has the size and reach advantage but both fighters have knock out power to end this fast.

Prediction: Tamaso by 1st Round TKO

155 lbs

(3-1) Durlag Trollkiller vs (3-1) Anti Hero

Riding a three fight TKO/KO victory streak, Trollkiller is a man with knockout power. The Greek, Trollkiller, will have the stand up and power advantage over Anti Hero. Hero, from Niger, and his granite chin don’t mind getting hit a few times, if it gives him the opportunity to take this fight to the ground. The only thing that has stopped Hero in his MMA career from finishing his fights is a referee.

Prediction: Hero by Decision

265 lbs

(3-0) Mike Monday vs (4-1) Ernie Miller

Mike Monday is a good example of how using our Smack Talk Thread could get you big fights and even a title shot. Monday got what he wanted, “I want Ernie Miller and when I beat him I'm coming for that title”. Miller has been over looked by many in this fight, with even the Heavyweight Champion, “The Jew” Lanksy, betting against him, “I'll say that Mikey is going to knock Miller out of the fuckin' cage". Miller is not afraid, “"I accept any fight”, and I think being viewed as a stepping stone for Monday has lit a fire in him to perform Saturday night. I usually don’t bet against Jews but everyone loves an underdog story.

Prediction: Miller by Decision

Co-Main Event

155 lb Title Fight

(6-1) Hector "Macho" Camacho vs (6-1) Delphino "The Slippery Dolphin" Atlantis

“The Slippery Dolphin” is going to for a second successful title defense as our reigning Lightweight UNFC Champion. Atlantis has become accustomed to winning fights on the ground, but in a battle between a brown and purple belt, this fight could go either way. “Macho” is a sensational boxer and should not have a problem winning this fight on the feet. “The Slippery Dolphin” might want to slip “Macho” a drink before this fight, if he has any hopes of winning. This will be my Knockout of the Night Prediction.

Prediction: Camacho by 1st Round KO

Main Event

170 lb Title Fight

(7-0) David "The Facebook F***er" Choe vs (5-0) "Croc Boy" Shintaro Nomo

The American Welterweight Champion, Choe, is a man of honor, staying true to his morals and fighting the best contenders we have to offer, “accept and defend or be punk champ & hand pick your fights boyo”. This will be Choe’s second title defense and his toughest task yet. The crowd at Hayashi’s Lounge will be split between the Champion Choe and the Japanese contender, “Croc Boy” Shintaro Nomo. “Croc Boy” has never seen a second round in his career. Two undefeated, dangerous, Welterweight fighters will square off Saturday night, for the UNFC Tokyo Welterweight Belt. Nomo might just have what it takes to be the first Japanese UNFC Champion. Submission of the Night Prediction.

Prediction: Nomo by 4th Round Submission

This has been Severo Del Bosque reporting for Unleash Fighting Championship Tokyo. UNFC – 005 Choe vs Nomo should be our greatest event to date. Hit up our Smack Talk Thread post-fight, and tune into the review show to see all the drama and excitement we have here at UNFC Tokyo. Thank you and good luck to all the fighters. Sayōnara!

• Upvote 1

UNFC - 005 Choe vs Nomo Review

Konnichiwa! Sevoro Del Bosque here, recapping our best event ever! UNFC – 005 Choe vs Nomo was, from the business side, our best, and from ratings, our best. We have two new, Unleash Fighting Championship, Champions. Hayashi’s Lounge in Tokyo were treated to a great main event and proudly embraced our new and first ever, Japanese Champion Nomo. I also was somewhat successful, correctly predicting three winner and finish combos. UNFC Tokyo 005- Choe vs Nomo, started off strong, with a gruesome opening bout.

145 lbs

Brendon "Meaty" McQuinn vs Bronson "Sonson" Johnson

I called it! I predicted McQuinn would be a mad dog in this fight, and he was, biting and never letting go. McQuinn got into the clinch and ended it there. This was an ugly and bloody fight.

Result: 4:55 of Round 1 TKO (Cut) Brendon McQuinn!

155 lbs

Manuel "Ares" Perez vs Project Falcon

This was a stand up war between two dangerous fighters. “Perez is hobbling a little on that front leg after taking quite a few leg kicks so far in this fight”, Falcon won the first round, crippling Perez’s legs in the process. While Falcon was working on the legs, Perez was trying to take Falcon’s head off, winning the second round from head punches. Falcon’s chin and heart were tested in this fight, “Falcon's hands are dropping dangerously low here and Perez connects clean with a right hook that sends him down to one knee!”

Result: Unanimous Decision Project Falcon!

185 lbs

Big Boss vs Benny "The Jet" Smith

“The Jet” from New York, was impressive in his UNFC debut, taking the fight, and winning it every way he wanted. After a stand-up beating and a clinch work mauling, Smith took the fight to the ground and finished in spectacular fashion, “Smith arches his back and unloads with a massive left and a right! Boss's eyes roll back into his head, he's out cold!”

Result: 2:53 of Round 1 KO (Strikes) Benny Smith!

145 lbs

Jeet Bhatt vs Ken "Slick" Kaede

The foreign Indian, Bhatt, and the hometown fighter, Kaede, fought for more than themselves. This was India versus Japan and Muay Thai versus Boxing. “Slick” never let the fight go into the clinch or to the ground. 99% rated fight.

Result: 1:35 of Round 1 TKO (Strikes) Ken Kaede!

265 lbs

Chao "Chao Chao" Ming vs "Gentle" Jack Byrne

At the end the fight, I can say “Chao Chao” and “Gentle” were both winners in my eyes. I expected Byrne to destroy Ming, but Ming’s defense were great in the clinch and in the stand-up game. Byre only landed two strikes. The ground game of Byrne was his only chance to finish this fight.

Result: Byrne 2:36 of Round 1 Submission (Triangle Choke) Jack Byrne!

265 lbs

Foo Kin Hooj vs "The Dominator" Vinny Tamaso

This was a great 97% rated fight, with Hooj, being the bigger and stronger fighter, getting two takedowns in the first round. The ref was Hooj’s greatest enemy though, because after each standup, Tamaso seemingly became more and more vicious, leading to the end of the fight. Another correct prediction!

Result: 4:47 of Round 1 TKO (Strikes) Vinny Tamaso!

155 lbs

Durlag Trollkiller vs Anti Hero

After displaying his power with standup strikes, Trollkiller decided to take to the clinch and beat up Hero some more. The one sided beating continued most of the first round, until Hero got the take-down and unloaded his own ground and pound, “Hero cracks Trollkiller with a big right hand but Trollkiller just smiles back at him and invites him to have another go”. Both fighters were having a ball beating the crap out of each other. The second round was more in Hero’s favor, who advanced to mount with a take-down and landed some nice ground and pound. Hero also comfortably won the third with two more take-downs. An exciting fight in my book and another correct prediction

Result: Unanimous Decision Anti Hero!

265 lbs

Mike Monday vs Ernie Miller

Monday and Miller really let it all out in the cage. Once it got the clinch, it stayed there, and what followed were nasty strikes from both Miller and Monday. Monday won the round and bloodied up Miller in the process. Miller fought through Monday’s clinch onslaught, but the referee didn't like Miller’s cut and ended the fight. This was an entertaining fight while it lasted.

Result: 3:58 of Round 2 TKO (Cut) Mike Monday!

Co-Main Event

155 lb Title Fight

(6-1) Hector "Macho" Camacho vs (6-1) Delphino "The Slippery Dolphin" Atlantis

The Lightweight Champion, Atlantis, fared better in the first round than expected, getting a take-down and attempting four submissions. The second round, “Macho” went for leg kicks to slow down the take-downs of the Champion Atlantis but “The Slippery Dolphin” still slipped one in for good measure. The third round was too much for Atlantis, “Atlantis's leg has a nasty welt from taking a succession of leg kicks”. “Macho” chopped down the legs of Atlantis and finished with the head. We lost a fun Lightweight Champion with a big heart and gained a brutal killer in “Macho” Camacho.

Result: 2:57 of Round 3 KO (Head Kick) Hector Camacho!

Main Event

170 lb Title Fight

(7-0) David "The Facebook F***er" Choe vs (5-0) "Croc Boy" Shintaro Nomo

Choe was in danger right off the bat in this fight, being cut within the first minute. After the Welterweight Champion took the fight to the ground, Nomo was in kill mode, attempting 7 submissions in the first round. Second Round “Croc Boy” showed off more of his skills, gaining mount twice and attempting five more submissions. The third round was more of the same. I don’t know how Nomo had strength left after 14 submission attempts, but the 15th did the job.

Result: 3:55 of Round 3 Submission (Triangle). Shintaro Nomo!

This was Severo Del Bosque reporting on UNFC 005- Choe vs Nomo at Hayashi’s Lounge, Tokyo. Thank you to all the fighters for making this our greatest show yet. Hit up our Smacktalk Thread and you could win easy money; 10k for the Smack Talker of the Month Award. Once again thank you from Severo Del Bosque, Sayōnara.

UNFC - 006 Chaka vs Reznick Preview

Konnichiwa! Sevoro Del Bosque here, for UNFC – 006 Chaka vs Reznick, at Hayashi’s Lounge in Toyko, Japan. We will be introduced to our first Middleweight and Light Heavyweight Champions with two title fights tonight. This could top our last event, which was our highest rated event to date. Let’s get to the fights!

265 lbs

(0-1) Jierdan Firkraggvs (1-3) Bobby "Beats" Brown

Firkraggvs is a “red dragon living in the Windspear Hills” of…Canada…Weed is legal in Canada, don’t do drugs kids. Firkraggvs does have a cool Avatar though, and will have the advantage in the ground game. Another Canadian fighter, “Beats” will look to rebound his UNFC career, after losing his first outing.

Prediction: Firkraggvs by 1st Round Submission

155 lbs

(0-0) Tad Gladwinvs (1-0) Sergei Vyaschelov

Another Canadian, Gladwinvs, will get his first professional career fight here, with us at UNFC Tokyo. Vyaschelov, from The Philippines, will be a tough first exam, being very dangerous and active on the ground.

Prediction: Gladwinvs by Decision

205 lbs

(1-1) Rick Rampant vs (2-2) Sinuhe "Shithead" Walli

Rick Rampant from Monaco, is coming off a close loss, and will be looking for blood in this fight. Rampant usually has no problem taking the fight to the ground, which he will want to do against the superior striker in Walli. Finland Fighter, “Shithead” Walli, has a good chin and will need it against Rampant’s dangerous ground and pound.

Prediction: Rampant by 3rd Round TKO

185 lbs

(3-1) Shun "Rolling Thunder" Masaru vs (1-3) King Typhaze

Here at Unleash Fighting Championship, I have a soft spot for our local Japanese talent, as I feel we have a stake in the growing economy of the most populated city in the world, Tokyo. Tonight we have more Japanese on Japanese action, but probably not the kind you’re used to. “Rolling Thunder” took to our Smacktalk Thread, “King Typhaze...get ready to take off that crown, because I'm dropping thunder on you this fight”. No response from Typhaze, maybe he doesn’t know English, but he does want to avenge his last loss against Masaru. I expect this rematch to go the same way as their first bout.

Prediction: Masaru by 1st Round Submission

205 lbs

(2-0) Juro Shiro vs (3-2) Dark Vengeance

Shiro, the hometown boy, fights Dark Vengeance from Hell, in Vatican City. I just can’t take Dark Vengeance as a scary or evil entity… Check out the gym he goes to…Beauty School…WTF.

Prediction: Vengeance by 2nd Round TKO

185 lbs

(3-1) Heishiro "Katana" Mitsurugi vs (7-1) William "Father" Johnson

“Katana” wants his first win in the UNFC cage for his home country, Japan. “Father”, from Ukraine, wants to wear his opponent down by constant take-downs and stand-ups, which has won him seven of eight bouts. Johnson has an ugly but effective style of fighting.

Prediction: Johnson by Decision

265 lbs

(5-0) El Ka Bong vs (3-2) Nick "The Animal" Gregoire

Bong from Croatia, has been an unstoppable force in the QFC and is looking to translate his momentum here at UNFC – 006. “The Animal” from Thailand, is a submission artist, also making his UNFC debut. I don’t see this fight going the distance, Sub of the Night.

Prediction: Gregoire by 1st Round Submission

170 lbs

(4-1) Adrian McMullen vs (4-1-1) Major "Major" Major

“Major” from Poland, will have an experience advantage, having fought greats, such as the likes of our former champion Choe. American, McMullen, wants to submit his opponent fast but both fighters are purple belts, so this one could go either way.

Prediction: McMullen by 1st Round Submission

Co-Main Event

185 lb Title Fight

(6-2) Pete "The Fixer" Alexander vs (3-0) Matt Keelock

If you needed proof that we here at Unleash Fighting Championship are on the up and up, I have it; our past two events will have had four title fights. This will be the inaugural crowning of our first Middleweight Champion. What is a more natural fight than an Englishman fighting an Irishman? “The Fixer” from England, will have the advantage of the ground but will give up a huge size and stand-up advantage. Keelock from Ireland is riding a three fight knockout streak and will look to fix Alexander a new face. Knockout of the Night.

Prediction: Keelock by 1st Round KO

Main Event

205 lb Title Fight

(9-2) Buan Chaka vs (6-1) Trevor Reznick

Our first Light Heavyweight Champion will be crowned as well Saturday Night. Chaka is a native of Chaka Chak in India. Sidenote; Chaka Chaka is Spanish slang for…sex. Canadian, Reznick, has a solid chin while Chaka is a powerful brawler. If Reznick can keep it on the feet, I’m thinking this could turn out to be the best fight of the night. Fight of the Night prediction right here.

Prediction: Reznick by 5th Round TKO

As always, this is Severo Del Bosque reporting for Unleash Fighting Championship Tokyo. UNFC – 006 Chaka vs Reznick will have two exciting title fights and in my opinion, could be our best event to date. Hit up our Smack Talk Thread post-fight, or PM me if you want anything special on our review show. The Preview/Review shows should be more consistent going forward, coming out least two days before and after our events. Thank you and good luck to all the fighters. Sayōnara!

• 2 weeks later...

UNFC - 007 Caroll vs Maxiq Review

Good evening to all and welcome to UNFC 007 - Caroll vs Maxiq! Tonight's main event consist of a 170 lbs duel between 2 very skilled strikers, preceded by the 145 lbs title on the line! Don't blink, this event is action packed and ready to go!

155 lbs

Mateusz Wiaz vs Thor Swenson

As

As expected, Wiaz used his superior wrestling to beat the dangerous newcomer. Wiaz got the early takedown, and followed with constant GnP, not letting Swenson catch a breather. Swenson tried to get up but in the end, elbows, punches, knees just kept raining down on him. With 2 seconds to go in the first round, Swenson got surprised by a beautiful armbar and was forced to tap. Great display of ground control by Wiaz.

Result: Mateusz Wiaz by Submission (Armbar) at 4:58 of Round 1 !

205 lbs

Mario Karlo vs Onni Shinigami

When I said don't blink, I meant it! Shinigami got caught early by a vicious shot to the body, and while trying to recover with a clinch attempt, got taken down and simply could not recover after multiple strikers landed on him. Karlo started with some hard shots from side control, then elbowed him into oblivion and confirmed his win with some strikes from the mount! What a great finish by Karlo for his MMA debut!

Result: Mario Karlo by TKO (Strikes) at 0:40 of Round 1 !

185 lbs

Lord Susanoo vs Mark Apostol

A battle of the clinch could of been expected, and that is what happened. Apostol dominated the clinch exchange, but the surprise came when the fight went to the ground. Susanoo managed to get the takedown and kept controlling the fight, attempting submissions after submissions. In the end, Apostol left one arm open and Susanoo jumped on it with a beautiful kimura.

Result: Lord Susanoo by Submission (Kimura) at 2:36 of Round 1!

145 lbs

Jan Hrozny vs Sung Shan

This fight was not even close. Hrozny dominated this fight the whole 15 minutes. As Shan kept failing to get the fight to the ground, Hrozny would land bombs after bombs, leaving Shan on wobbly legs. The fight kept dragging however, as Hrozny was content to showcase his skills in the clinch and on the floor, although he was cleary winning the standup battle. Either way, the fight ended with Hrozny sweeping the judges cards 30-27.

Result: Jan Hrozny by unanimous decision !

170 lbs

Ellen Littlejohn Wilson Greebaum Hagler vs Adlan Amagov

The fight alternated between the clinch control of Amagov and Greebaum's grappling ability. While the first round was all Greebaum's, the second round was a Muay Thai clinic from Amagov. In the end, Greebaum's grappling ability prevailed, as he finishes the fight with a sweet anaconda choke.

Result: Ellen Littlejohn Wilson Greebaum by Submission (Anaconda choke) at 4:55 of Round 3!

265 lbs

Lias Kota vs Roy Hibbert

Heavyweights often have that reputation of knocking each other out. This one was no different, but it was the submissions that made this one special. As Kota initially pulls guard, this turns out into a full out grappling contest... with some intermission for some good old Ground and Pound from Kota. After intially rocking him in the first round with big strikes, Kota kept going into that second round, and in the end Hibbert simply could not stop getting hit despite trying his best to finish the fight from the bottom. Great exciting fight from both fighters!

Result: Lias Kota by TKO (Strikes) at 1:28 of Round 2!

185 lbs

Baron Suzaski vs Matti Veijamo

This fight was all about the clinch game. Both fighters landed a great amount of strikes, but according to FightMetrics, Veijamo was the better fighter in that clinch overall. The fight was a war, and both fighters gave it all they had.. only to be rewarded with a draw. Veijamo did seem like the better fighter, but it is hard to blame the judges on that one. Good effort by both fighters!

Result: Majority draw!

155 lbs

Dominik Kokoskza vs Jake Power

Not the most exciting fight ever, as Kokoskza seemed to have a very suffocating ground game, not allowing Power to do anything with his takedown and forcing the referee standup. Power's ground and pound was completely nullified and standing up, he took the most damage. That is in the end what gave the fight to Kokoskza.

Result: Dominik Kokoskza by unanimous decision (29-28)!

Co-Main Event

145 lb Title Fight

(9-0) Ferdinand Cortes vs (4-2) Jeffrey Miller

The 145 lbs title was on the line, and Ferdinand Cortes was on a 9 fight winning streak, and was undefeated. Jeffrey Miller was looking to become the new champion as well, but in the end it turned out to be a draw! No champion! It was such a close fight!

This was exclusively a stand up battle. Miller's attack was more diversified, throwing low kicks, head kicks and punches while Cortes was all about his crisp boxing. After the second round, we were worried that Cortes would not be able to continue landing his shots after having that front leg mangled by those low kicks, but he kept going with that technical boxing while Miller impressed with flashy moves, including a wicked flying knee. In the end however, it's about what you land, not what you throw! A great stand up battle between these two warriors! I would not be surprised to see a rematch between those two down the line!

Result: Draw !

Main Event

170 lb Title Fight

(8-1) Andy Caroll vs (10-1) Silvean Maxiq

If some "Just bleed" fans were not entertained by that last fight, they sure got their money's worth in that main event! A huge counter right hand wobbled Maxiq and Caroll did not miss his chance, going for the big finish with a big left-right combination and an uppercut finish! Huge KO!

Result: Andy Caroll by KO (Strikes) at 0:32 of Round 1 !

Thank you all for tuning in! Hopefully you were entertained and we will see you next week, for another great event!

UNFC - 008 Choe vs Winner Preview

UNFC – 008 is just around the corner, and here is a preview of what's coming up!

265 lbs

Sebastian Kasprzyk vs Don Machete

In our opening bout, two heavyweights will square off. Kasprzyk will hold a significant weight advantage but he will have to watch out for Machete's dangerous boxing. My prediction is Machete by TKO.

155 lbs

Ragnhildur Haraldsson vs Bruce Jenkins

A well rounded fighter, Haraldsson will look to get back to his winning ways. A well rounded-fighter, he is facing an American that is dangerous in that clinch. This one could go many different ways, but I see Jenkins using that strong clinch to control the fight to a decision.

170 lbs

Aiden August vs Josh Levan

August, a great boxer and decent wrestler, is expected to continue his 2 fight winning streak against Levan. However, Levan could always pull off a submission offset, as the lack of experience in BJJ for August is his weakness.

170 lbs

Ivan Buflienko vs Jet Lie

An interesting fight between very solid fighters. Ivan is on a 2 fight winning streak, both by TKO. I expect Lie to take this fight by using his superior wrestling abilities, but if Buflienko manages to stop the takedowns, Lie could very well end up on a stretcher!

155 lbs

Thomas Prince vs Viktor Georlev

Prince is a very active fighter, at only 18 he has a 5-1 record. Let's see how being this active will play up against a very crafty Georlev, a purple belt in BJJ. I see Georlev extending his record by submission, but either way this fight is going to the floor very quickly. A classic wrestler vs BJJ fighter coming up!

145 lbs

Avon Barksdale vs Mickey Smith

Barksdale, making his MMA debut, is a very well respected grappler. He has however his hands full against the veteran Smith, who will no doubt look to keep the fight standing. Hard to make a prediction on a newcomer, but I think Barksdale will manage to get the fight to the ground and do his thing.

155 lbs

Orange Joe vs Joe Silva

Two fighters with weird hair. That's all. Just kidding. Orange Joe is an incredibly strong grappler, and while Silva is a great wrestler on his own, he is no match in terms of overall grappling including BJJ. I see Orange Joe getting that big takedown and submit Silva in round 1 or 2.

265 lbs

Roy Li-Taylor vs Jason Pops

Li-Taylor is a well rounded guy who can finish the fight anywhere. Look for him to possibly stay in the clinch however, as Pops's boxing and wrestling is pretty solid. This is a heavyweight fight, so I don't expect this to last very long!

205 lb Fight

Salim Ayeh vs Akeel Lynch

This a great Light Heavyweight fight. We have Lynch, an incredible wrestler with great boxing skills facing Ayeh's Muay Thai skills. Both fighters are undefeated and surely a win will propel the winner into title talks. I see Lynch, a former champion in another organisation, to take this with his great wrestling.

155 lb Fight

David Choe vs Tournament Winner

Choe returns to action after his submission loss and title loss. Figuring out that he was too small for his division, Choe is looking to get back to his winning ways at 155 lbs against Winner, a very strong and well rounded fighter who has shown he can scrap. Expect this fight to be a barn burner and don't blink! Winner could be the surprise here, as long as he can maintain the fight standing!

• Upvote 1

UNFC - 008 Choe vs Winner Review

UNFC 008 delivered quite as expected, here is what happened.

265 lbs

Sebastian Kasprzyk vs Don Machete

I expected a KO, but a very slick submission was what Machete ended up getting! After a quick takedown, Machete was reversed by Kasprzyk, who showed he could hold his own on the ground, escaping a big number of submission attempts. After getting mount, he decided to go back to his real strength, the standup battle. Machete was smart enough to reverse him and after some initial ground and pound, switched to a beautiful armbar with 5 seconds to go in the first round. Beautiful work by Machete.

Winner : Machete by armbar at 4:55 of Round 1

155 lbs

Ragnhildur Haraldsson vs Bruce Jenkins

I expected a dragging fight, but that was anything but! After some initial exchanges, Jenkins got the clinch I expected him to dominate, but Haraldsson came in with a short shot that rocked Jenkins intially, and they just kept trading blows in that clinch until Haraldsson got enough distance to land that vicious uppercut that led to the TKO finish. Good job by Haraldsson!

Winner : Haraldsson by TKO at 1:14 of Round 1

170 lbs

Aiden August vs Josh Levan

As expected, the favorite August destroyed Levan in just 55 seconds, tagging him standing up non-stop. He even finished the fight with a massive takedown, followed with vicious strikes. Levan was never in the game, and August now rides on a 3 fight winning streak.

Winner : August by TKO at 0:55 of Round 1

170 lbs

Ivan Buflienko vs Jet Lie

Lie, as mentionned in the preview, wanted to avoid the standup part, and that's what he did during the fight. After some initial exchanges, Lie clinched up, forced Buflienko into his game, and eventually pulled guard, reversed him, and started his slow and steady domination on the ground. As the fight went on, Lie showed his great takedown ability and his great control on the ground, and in the 3rd round Buflienko simply had no answer to the ground and pound from Lie. As Buflienko was praying for that fight to end and took a second to look at the clock, Lie dropped an elbow and finished the fight!

Winner : Lie by TKO at 3:58 of Round 3

155 lbs

Thomas Prince vs Viktor Georlev

As it often happens when 2 good grapplers are facing each other, the ground game was not a factor into this fight! Prince had a very clear strategy : clinch, and dirty box until he drops! Georlev had no answer, as he tried to pull guard but Prince would have none of it. Prince would sneaking in those uppercuts, elbows, hooks, dropping Georlev in the 2nd round, but we have to give credit Georlev, he has an iron chin! The fight went to a decision, with Prince dominating the scorecards. Great gameplan by Prince!

Winner : Prince by unanimous decision (30-26)

145 lbs

Avon Barksdale vs Mickey Smith

Barksdale showed his superior BJJ against Smith, but also his great takedown timing, countering every strikes Smith tried with takedowns. Smith tried to hold his own on the ground, but in the end, superior control, submission attempts was what led to a decision in favor of Barksdale.

Winner : Barksdale by unanimous decision

155 lbs

Orange Joe vs Joe Silva

Joe went all out in this fight, being the more aggressive fighter. He landed multiple takedowns and managed to get the TKO win after some great ground and pound with 1 second to go in the 2nd round.

Winner : Joe by TKO at 4:59 of Round 2

265 lbs

Roy Li-Taylor vs Jason Pops

As expected, clinch was all Li-Taylor wanted. After controlling the fight from that position, landing knees and punches, Pops pulled guard and went for a beautiful armbar. Great submission by Pops!

Winner : Pops by submission at 2:41 of Round 1

205 lb Fight

Salim Ayeh vs Akeel Lynch

Ayeh wanted that clinch, but Lynch denied him. Ayeh held his own in the standup range, but it was Lynch's takedown that surprised everybody. This isn't the great striking war we were expecting, but Lynch scored steady Ground and Pound to take the win by decision. Ayeh managed to finally get that clinch in the 3rd round, going for wild strikes knowing he was behind in the scorecards, but another takedown got Ayeh the round. Very smart win by Lynch, who might get a title shot very soon with that win.

Winner : Lynch by unanimous decision (30:27)

155 lb Fight

David Choe vs Tournament Winner

A great main event fight. Winner got the initial bout, as he landed a ridiculous amount of punches into Choe's face. Choe had only one option left : going to the ground. Winner was ready for it however, as he Choe was not able to do much with his takedowns when the fight went to the floor. In the 3rd round, Winner used that great clinch, some great dirty boxing and those uppercuts just kept flying up into Choe's chin, eventually dropping the former champion and finishing the fight!

Winner : Winner by TKO at 3:24 of Round 3

Don't forget to tune in for the next event preview coming up soon!

UNFC - MW - Nomo vs McMullen Preview

In 2 days, the 170 lbs belt will be on the line! Here is the preview for that card!

155 lbs

Manuel Perez vs Cho Ming

Ming, which claims that he has over 200 kickboxing fights, will square off agaisnt Perez, who wants to get back into the win column. Hard to predict who will win, as Ming is a newcomer to MMA. I would probably give the edge to Perez, but he will have to watch out for that clinch.

145 lbs

Cardiz Gomez vs Itsu Hitigaki

Veteran vs Newcomer, I see Gomez taking this fight, using his superior wrestling. Hitigaki will need to avoid the takedowns and hope for a knockout. Hitigaki's morale is down, and I this fighter doesn't seem to have that much drive coming into this fight. I see Gomez taking this.

155 lbs

Sergei Vyaschelov vs Project Falcon

Falcon is the heavy favorite, but he will have to stop those takedowns. Falcon's standup should be the winning factor, and Sergei's morale is down as well. But this is MMA, things can change with one punch!

205 lbs

Sinuhe Walli vs Mario Karlo

Karlo will need to keep his hands up, as Walli is known for devastating strikes! I expected Karlo to go for takedowns but we have seen Walli throw some flying knees, so as I said, keep your hands up!

205 lbs

Ardel Ariola vs Toyoki Kawamura

Kawamura's clinch is vicious, but Ariola knows that. They have fought before, with Ariola using his takedowns to take the fight. I don't expect this fight to be different.

265 lbs

Ernie Miller vs Bruce Sun Tzu

265 lbs fight + Muay Thai expertise = knockout. That's what Bruce expects to do in this fight, as he starts his MMA career against Ernie Miller, a well-rounded fighter with a 4-2 record. Miller will probably look to take this fight down, but Bruce seems well trained.. Can't wait to see this fight!

170 lbs

Takamura Mamrou vs Nursultan Nasarbajew

Nasarbajew is a Brown Belt in BJJ, and will face Mamrou, who has fought for the belt before. Will be interesting to see how Mamrou will try to avoid the ground game. Mamrou has shown he can KO people before, so Brown Belt or not, Nasarbajew will have to watch out for the standup part.

185 lbs

Shaun Masaru vs William Johnson

Johnson wants to rebound from 2 consecutive losses, after going 7-0, all by decision. Masaru is on a 3 fight win streaks, tapping his last 2 opponents by triangle (they happen to be the same person). Both are BJJ Purple Belts, but Johnson has shown in the past he was just about taking people down and doing nothing at all but that. Is Masaru can manage to avoid that or put Johnson on his back, this could actually be interesting.

265 lb Fight

Jack Byrne vs Mike Monday

A great fight between 2 undefeated fighters. Both fighters showed they can finish the fight anywhere, so don't blink!

170 lb Title Fight

Shintaro Nomo vs Adrian McMullen

Nomo, the current champion, will look for his first title defense against the very dangerous Adrian McMullen. A BJJ purple belt, McMullen has had all wins by submission. I cannot wait to see this fight! Nomo is however such a great fighter, I don't see him losing that belt.

Tune in July 9th to see the results!

UNFC - MW - Nomo vs McMullen Review

155 lbs

Manuel Perez vs Cho Ming

So much for that kickboxing record Ming claimed to have. Perez simply outclassed him standing, linking punches in bunches! Ming's clinch also proved to be not effective at all, and his desperate takedowns did not work. Maybe it was Ming's nerves that played into his MMA debut, but Perez showed his punching skills are pretty solid, ending the fight with a beautiful combo!

Result : Perez by KO at 2:31 of Round 2

145 lbs

Cardiz Gomez vs Itsu Hitigaki

Hitigaki showed why his clinch is not to be messed with. After failing to get the clinch during most of the first round, with Gomez landing a moderate amount of strikes, Hitigaki finally got what he wanted and we now know why! A single knee to the head dropped Gomez late into the round, and after that it was all Hitigaki dictating that fight in that clinch. Elbows, punches, knees, everything landed and Gomez was helpless. Great job by Hitigaki!

Result : Hitigaki by unanimous decision

155 lbs

Sergei Vyaschelov vs Project Falcon

As expected, Falcon demolished Vyaschelov. His leg kicks simply slowed Vyaschelov so much he had no answer. Falcon displayed great standup strikes but unfortunately the fight finished with a controversial eye poke. Falcon still earned that win so congrats to him!

Result : Falcon by TKO at 1:19 of Round 2

205 lbs

Sinuhe Walli vs Mario Karlo

Karlo managed to avoid the standup part and ground and pound was all the fight was. Devastating strikes kept raining down and Walli could not stop it. Good job by Karlo!

Result : Karlo by TKO at 1:25 of Round 2

205 lbs

Ardel Ariola vs Toyoki Kawamura

No surprise here, as Ariola managed to get the fight down for the whole fight and use superior ground and pound and control to beat Kawamura by decision.

Result : Ariola by unanimous decision

265 lbs

Ernie Miller vs Bruce Sun Tzu

A great fight, but unfortunate ending. Sun Tzu used great kicks to hurt Miller during the bout, but Miller had a great counter with that clinch action. Landing big elbows paid off, as Sun Tzu could not see anything after being cut so many times! Unfortunately, he could not continue going into the 2nd round, as the doctor stopped the fight. A great fight still!

Result : Miller by TKO at 1:53 of Round 2

170 lbs

Takamura Mamrou vs Nursultan Nasarbajew

As expected, Mamrou did everything he could to avoid the ground fighting, and sprawl and brawl worked well for him. Despite getting taken down once, he was able to force a referee standup and then connected with big strikes. The last uppercut generated a huge KO victory for Mamrou. Good job!

Result : Mamrou by TKO at 1:57 of Round 1

185 lbs

Shaun Masaru vs William Johnson

Well Johnson certainly did not stop from his bread and butter, the takedown and standup strategy! Masaru tried his best to work submissions, but Johnson simply kept standing and taking him down, again and again.. and again.

Result : Johnson by unanimous decision

265 lb Fight

Jack Byrne vs Mike Monday

Monday was simply too much for Byrne, being so aggressive and landing punches in bunches. Great win by Monday!

Result : Monday by TKO at 1:16 of Round 1

170 lb Title Fight

Shintaro Nomo vs Adrian McMullen

This was a 5 round affair, but only a few minutes were required! Nomo's punching power showed in this fight, earning a huge KO over McMullen. I don't know if it was nerves, a lack of conditionning or the big body shots he received, but Mcmullen was gassed already before the 2 min mark! Nomo retains his belt in devastating fashion!

Result : Nomo by KO at 2:15 of Round 1!

That's it, tune in July 12 for another great night of action!

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14011921899160.png

Andy Caroll - 9-1-0 - #1 Contender

"I would firstly like to congratulate Nomo on his fantastic win. I look forward to fighting him for the title, and hope that he comes in at 100%, because I would prefer to fight people who are at the top of their game"

UNFC - 009 Chaka vs Mahoney Preview

UNFC – 009 : When you have a title fight that's not even the main event, you know that's a good one coming up!

265 lbs

Tonio T Jr vs Jedrzej Kowalski

In our opening bout, two heavyweights will square off. The two fighters are looking to rebound from devastating losses, Tonio probably planning to use that wrestling of his and Kowalski will probably try to drop some strikes on Tonio.

185 lbs

Davian Hawklight vs Ole Bighead

Two very strong strikers, I don't expect this to get past the first round. Hawklight's Muay Thai will square off against Ole Bighead's boxing, but they are not too shabby on the ground either. This is a bout you do not want to miss!

170 lbs

Benny Smith vs Yuri Nakamoto

Smith has some debt to pay, so look for him to get that win bonus! A good wrestler, I expect Smith to take Nakamoto on the ground and impose his will.

265 lbs

Jucal Jabneel vs Micko Falicei

Two big heavyweights, a boxer vs a wrestler.. big fight indeed. The undefeated Falicei will face off against newcomer Jabneel, a very strong wrestler. This is not going the distance!

265 lbs

Chao Ming vs Kane Valasquez

Ming has had trouble in the past with his submission defense, and Valasque is likely to try to avoid Ming's boxing and get it on the ground. Hopefully Ming will have trained for this, as well as escaping the dangerous GnP from Valasquez.

205 lbs

Joke Vovchanchyn vs Cable Carson

Two fighters with decent hype behind them, this will be interesting. Carson, a former champion in another organisation who lost his belt, will look for a fresh start in UNFC. Vovchanchyn, who has shown great striking in his debut, will look to take some thunder away from Carson and continue his streak. He will need to avoid the GnP and strike Carson quick and early.

265 lbs

Borg Randall vs Frank Nicolosi

These two fighters have a decent amount of experience in the cage, look for them to display it into this fight. Nicolosi, who also is a kickboxer, will try to keep his 3 fight win streak alive against Randall, a wrestling oriented fighter.

155 lbs

Delphino Atlantis vs John Joseph

Two decently popular fighter, this fight will probably excite the fans. Atlantis, a former champion, will look to reclaim his mojo facing Joseph, a pretty solid Muay Thai specialist. Joseph will need to avoid that ground game, as Atlantis's BJJ has proven to be quite effective in the past.

185 lb Title Fight

Pete Alexander vs Heishiro Mitsurugi

This is for the 185 lbs belt! Riding a 5 win-streak, Alexander, the current champion, will look to defend his title for the first time against Mitsurugi, a 4-1 fighter that has shown the clinch and Muay Thai is his world. Interesting fact, the two fighters are the only ones who have defeated William Johnson, another 185 lbs who just won his fight (with his bread and butter decision strategy). Alexander, a BJJ brown belt, will probably look to avoid that clinch and get on the ground to get a submission. This is a fight you don't want to miss!

205 lb Fight

Buan Chaka vs John Mahoney

And the main event! Chaka, who just lost his title shot, will look to rebound against Mahoney, a crafty fighter with a knack for making people tap or go to sleep. While Chaka has had success submitting people in the past, I don't see him doing the same this time against Mahoney. In fact, I could expect Chaka to try to keep the fight standing, just to avoid Mahoney submission attempts. This is a fight you don't want to miss either!

Thanks and cya at the fight July 12!

UNFC - 009 Chaka vs Mahoney Review

What an event, we had some pretty damn good finishes, including submissions and some big KOs. here is a quick review of this great night of action!

265 lbs

Tonio T Jr vs Jedrzej Kowalski

As expected, Tonio wanted that fight on the ground, as Kowalski just kept throwing leather in Tonio's face. Unfortunately for Tonio, late takedowns and not much going into the ground was not enough for him to earn a decision victory. This wasn't the most exciting fight, as Tonio was able to get the fight down on occasion but was unable to really do much. Kowalski also had trouble finding that target standing, but he still was able to land decent shots that cut Tonio early into the fight.

Result : Kawlski by decision

185 lbs

Davian Hawklight vs Ole Bighead

Great fight, we knew this was ending with one fighter down with his face facing the canvas. It was Bighead who took the final hit, with a beautiflul fake body shot and a left hook from Hawklight. Great KO!

Result : KO by Hawklight at 4:19 of Round 1

170 lbs

Benny Smith vs Yuri Nakamoto

Smith needed that money badly and it showed! After an initial takedown and dangerous reversal where he gave his back, Smith got his ground and pound going, and after a while decided to keep the fight standing. Big punches ensued, and Nakamoto simply could not answer. Great win by Smith!

Result : Smith by TKO at 2:12 of Round 1

265 lbs

Jucal Jabneel vs Micko Falicei

Jabneel wasted no time, getting the fight down, and ground and pound until the ref had to save Falicei from further damage. Big win for a big guy!

Result : Jucal Jabneel at 3:20 of Round 1

265 lbs

Chao Ming vs Kane Valasquez

Valasquez was hungry for that win! After an initial takedown, it was strikes going down anywhere, everywhere. His lack of accuracy was well compensated by the sheer amount of destruction that went into Ming's face. The ref had no choice to stop this beatdown Ming received!

Result : Valasquez by TKO at 2:59 of Round 1

205 lbs

Joke Vovchanchyn vs Cable Carson

What a fight! Carson showed why he was able to win a belt in a previous organisation, as he really dug deep to get that win later into the 3rd round! After Vovchanchyn found his range standing, he started to really hurt Carson and it became clear with time that Carson was no match standing! Despite good takedowns by Carson, he was never able to really hurt Vovchanchyn, who was probably well ahead in the scorecards. In the 3rd round however, knowing he needed to take this fight down and finish, a pull guard strategy seemed to work, as he swept Vovchanchyn and in surgical precision passed to mount and started landing bombs! Vovchanchyn simply could not stop it, forcing the ref to call it a night! Great win by Carson!

Result : Carson by TKO at 3:40 of Round 3

265 lbs

Borg Randall vs Frank Nicolosi

When Nicolosi smells blood, he goes for the kill! After of couple of unsuccessfull takedown attempts, Randall was faced with low kicks, body kicks and high kicks and simply could not take anymore of those. A crushing body kick, followed by an even harder headkick sent Randall down, only to have Nicolosi make him get back up. Nicolosi finished it quickly with a flurry of punches that put Randall out. Great KO by Nicolosi!

Result : Nicolosi by KO at 2:56 of Round 1

155 lbs

Delphino Atlantis vs John Joseph

The pressure from Atlantis was too much. Relentless takedown attempts finally paid off, as Atlantis got the fight down. From there, it was already over. Atlantis eventually gets one of Joseph's arm and gets a beautiful kimura!

Result : Atlantis by submission at 2:56 of Round 1

185 lb Title Fight

Pete Alexander vs Heishiro Mitsurugi

What a title fight!! Mitsurugi trained a lot for this specific fight and it showed. Calm and composed, he was able to resist the pace that Alexander was setting up, with constant takedown attempts in every single position possible. In between those takedown defense, Mitsurugi landed those vicious knees and elbows of him. However, Alexander's persistance finally paid off, and he was able to get the fight down in the 3rd round and had enough time to get his ground game going. He is BJJ brown belt for a reason : after some struggles, Alexander got that kimura locked in, and his title belt on his waist again. Congrats to Pete Alexander, still the MW champion!

Result : Alexander by submission at 1:41 of Round 3

205 lb Fight

Buan Chaka vs John Mahoney

Chaka underestimated Mahoney's grappling game it seems, as he was willing to engage quickly on the floor, to the delight of Mahoney's fans. Under a minute, Chaka ended up on his back and started to defend numerous submissions, which he trained well for. However, Mahoney kept advancing position, eventually getting Chaka's back and that RNC was right there for the take. Great win by Mahoney!

Result : Mahoney by submission at 4:56 of Round 1

Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks and cya at the fight July 12!

• Upvote 2

UNFC - 10 Jay vs Weidman Preview

UNFC – 009 had a title shot, this one will be no different, just bigger. UNFC 10 will feature a heavyweight title fight, and a main event of Juicy Jay vs Anderson Weidman. Here is what's coming up!

185 lbs

Vin Deissel vs Fujiyama Akagono

Vin Deissel will look to continue his career with a win, after a devastating KO from GnP. However, he must be careful about Akagono's submission game. This will be an interesting fight!

155 lbs

Papi Chulo vs Hans Donnerwetter

A good wrestler, Papi Chulo certainly does not want to end up like Donnerwetter's last opponent. Donnerwetter has been an exciting fighter, win or lose, having all his fights finished by KO or TKO. I expect Papi to just jump into that first takedown opportunity and try to finish this early.

205 lbs

Don Uk vs Ed Fazio

On a 3 fight winning streak, Don Uk will look to continue his dominance against Ed Fazio, a 2-3 fighter looking to rebound from a loss. A well rounded fighter, Fazio's best chance of winning will be to avoid to stand up part and try takedowns.

265 lbs

Meguru Takayanagi vs Tad Gladwin

A hard fight ahead for Takayanagi. His greatest strength has been wrestling, but he is facing an even better wrestler. However, Takayanagi could be a sleeper standing compared to Gladwin, it will all be about takedown defense!

185 lbs

Matt Keelock vs Osamu Kido

You ever had a fight make you cringe before it starts? This is one of them. Matt Keelock, a former title contender, will try to get back into that status by fighting a fresh green fighter in Osamu Kido. Kido right here has nothing to lose : if he can get this fight down to the ground, this would be a huge upset for him to win this!

145 lbs

Jeet Bhatt vs Donald Donkey

Donkey, a former champion in another organisation, had his winning streak stopped in his UFCN debut. He will look to rebound against hard hitter Jeet Bhatt. I don't think this will be competitive, but who knows, it only takes on punch!

265 lbs

Artur Bekoyan vs Nick Gregoire

A former champion that has kept his belt and left for UFCN, Bekoyan should for sure be favorite... but Gregoire is one great wrestler that could turn the tables quickly. he will have to really watch out for Bekoyan's BJJ, but you know what they say.. each strikes drop you one belt level!

205 lbs

Dark Vengeance vs Jiu Jitsu

As his name implies, Jiu Jitsu will be looking to wrap anything he can grab, and crank it! A very strong fighter for his age, Jiu Jitsu is likely favored against Vengeance, a good overall fighter with a tilt towards that Muay Thai. If Vengeance can avoid the ground, he can have a chance, else I expect him to tap!

265 lb Title Fight

Vinny Tamaso vs Meyer Lanksy

This is the big one, the big 265 lbs title fight! Tamaso will be looking to keep his winning streak alive against the champ, Meyer Lanksy! An incredible wrestler, Lanksy is facing one top boxing fighter, but this is two real MMA fighters who can fight off everywhere. I would tend to favor Lanksy, the current champ, but this is anybody's game. You cannot miss this fight!

265 lb Fight

Juicy Jay vs Anderson Weidman

Juicy Jay, an 11-1 fighter, is really a money maker. He's the main event for that very reason! His first loss came to Lanksy, the current champion, and he wants that belt back. He will be facing Weidman, a very strong boxer. However, Weidman has been somehow very down on morale, and he only has a few days to get it back together! I can't see Juicy Jay losing this fight, but you still want to tune in for that big finish!

Thanks and cya at the event!

wow this upcoming UNFC - 10 show is amazing but i am looking forward for this Papi Chulo vs Hans Donnerwetter looking forward for Hans to win this game i bet. Since my fighter cover to this range. It seems to me that hans has higher percentage in getting the judges attention. Might as well looking for a TKO here but as we came up with fight it all ends up in one big fighter mistakes.

I bet hans here sorry guys

UNFC - 10 Jay vs Weidman Review

UNFC 10 was such a great event. No decision, all finishes! From ridiculous KOs to slick submission, here is what happened.

185 lbs

Vin Deissel vs Fujiyama Akagono

As expected, Akagono's submission game was a big factor into the fight. Deissel was game to fight the ground game, and after a big bodylock takedown, a huge armbar came in right away, and Deissel had to tap.

Result : Akagono by submission at 1:57 of Round 1

155 lbs

Papi Chulo vs Hans Donnerwetter

Donnerwetter is really about that power. His accuracy wasn't that great that night, but he was going for haymakers! Chulo was unable to take it properly and in the end got KO straight down to Antartica! Great KO by Donnerwetter!

Result : Donnerwetter by KO at 1:31 of Round 1

205 lbs

Don Uk vs Ed Fazio

This was a great fight! A back and forth standup battle, but Fazio needed that fight down and he managed to get with a beautiful counter. Fazio was unable however to get anything going on the ground, but certainly that helped him wear Uk down, as Uk hard trouble even breathing. In the second round, a simple jab rocked Uk down and Fazio did not let his opportunity slip. Great fight by Fazio!

Result : Fazio by KO at 0:32 of Round 2

265 lbs

Meguru Takayanagi vs Tad Gladwin

I told you guys Takayanagi was a sleeper standing, and he delivered probably one of the quickest KO in UNFC history! Huge combination KO! Great win by Takayanagi!

Result : Takayanagi by KO at 0:09 of Round 1

185 lbs

Matt Keelock vs Osamu Kido

Another quick fight, Kido managed to do what was his only chance : get the fight down, and crank that hold! A nice arm-triangle by Kido!

Result : Kido by submission at 0:42 of Round 1

145 lbs

Jeet Bhatt vs Donald Donkey

Bhatt was really all-game, and he delivered a great fight! After dominating with good strikes and rocking Donkey in the first round with a spectacular high kick, but Donkey showed why his record was so great. Rocking Bhatt down, he followed with a huge uppercut knockdown, and some GnP for good measures.

Result : Donkey by TKO at 1:58 of Round 2

265 lbs

Artur Bekoyan vs Nick Gregoire

Gregoire wanted no part of Bekoyan's guard, but Bekoyan made his fight happen. After some initial clinch strikes received, Bekoyan just get trying to get the fight down and get a hold of something. I don't know what happened to Gregoire, but he suddenly gassed out after defending a leglock, and Bekoyan noticed, taking with him the sub of the night with a ridiculous kneebar! Great win by Bekoyan!

Result : Bekoyan by submission at 3:27 of Round 1

205 lbs

Dark Vengeance vs Jiu Jitsu

Jiu Jitsu is just a monster on the ground. He never let Vengeance rest, as his relentless submission attempts paid off. Nice armbar by Jiu Jitsu!

Result : Jitsu by submission at 3:46 of Round 2

265 lb Title Fight

Vinny Tamaso vs Meyer Lanksy

This title fight delivered! Why was this fight of the night? Was it because of the great standup exchanges? Of the clinch control of Lanksy? Or that great KO finish? All of the above! Great uppercut KO by Lanksy! He really showed why he deserved to keep that belt!

Result : Lanksy by KO at 0:54 of Round 2

265 lb Fight

Juicy Jay vs Anderson Weidman

Another awesome fight! Big kicks from Jay, especially that front kick that just gassed Weidman and of course that great high kick that knocked Weidman down. Despite his low morale, Weidman managed to recover from that, only to get another headkick a few seconds later that he could not handle. Great win by Juicy Jay! No doubt he is back on the title hunt now!

Result : Juicy Jay by TKO at 1:20 of Round 1

Hope you enjoyed this, it was one of the great events of UNFC!

UNFC - MW 2 Reznick vs Lynch

More UNFC for you guys this week, here is what's coming up.

185 lbs

Mark Apostol vs Baron Suzaski

First fight of the night are two talented but new fighters. Suzaski will look to use his Muay Thai against a good wrestler in Apostol, who however lacked submission defense in his last fight. Let's see if he can this time get the fight to the ground and keep all of his limbs!

185 lbs

The Flash vs Matti Veijamo

Two potentially great fighters are facing off here. Flash, making his mma debut, is known for his boxing, but Veijamo has already established his boxing and standup in general was not to be messed with. I predict this fight is not going the distance.

265 lbs

Lias Kota vs Lou Wallace

An interesting fight ahead. Wallace is 5-0 and undefeated, but he is facng BJJ brown belt Lias Kota. 2 ground fighters, but I suspect Kota will destroy Wallace. If not by GnP, just a submission will do as well.

155 lbs

Durlag Trollkiller vs Orange Joe

A classif wrestler vs striker. Trollkiller, an incredible Muay Thai and standup specialist, will try to keep this fight vertical while Joe wants to keep his winning streak alive. An interesting fight ahead here.

170 lbs

Kuarangton Duankorai vs Okkuke Jiizu Okunaba

The undefeated Okunaba is making his UNFC debut against Duankorai, a 3-1 fighter. Okunaba is decently hyped for a reason, and I don't see him losing this fight.

265 lbs

Jierdan Firkagg vs Rudolf Reindeer

At 18 years old and 8-2 Reindeer certainly knows how to fight! A well rounded fighter, Reindeer however prefers his fights to end by KO. Facing an exceptionnal wrestler, he will have to find a way to keep the fight standing, as Firkragg is not only a great wrestler, he is also a BJJ brown belt.

265 lbs

Yatamatomo Horozaki vs El Ka Bong

The undefeated El Ka Bong will try to move up the ladder against Horozaki, a pretty good boxer. This is a step up in competition for Bong, so let's see how he handles it.

170 lb Fight

Ellen Littlejohn Wilson Greenbaum Hagler vs Silvan Maxiq

Well the man with the impossibly long name just won with a sweet anaconda choke, rebounding to 6-1. He is facing Maxiq, a 10-2 fighter known for his exciting fights. Maxiq a big crowd favorite, so I expect him to really showcase his KO power in this fight... if he can keep the fight standing!

145 lb Title Fight

Jeffrey Miller vs Ferdinand Cortes

This is the rematch people have been waiting for! Their last fight was a draw, and everybody wants to know who deserves the belt! Both fighters wanted to scrap, and they did, but the judges could not find a winner! Perhaps this time around Cortes will try to go more for those takedowns, but who knows, this fight is obviously a close one!

205 lbs Title Fight

Trevor Reznick vs Akeel Lynch

Two title fights in the same event! Lucky fans... Reznick took him that belt after a ridiculous head kick KO, and he is now facing Akeel Lynch, an undefeated 4-0 fighter looking to wrestle his way to the belt. This is a close one, but I think the current champ will keep his belt! Let's if I'm right on fight night!

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13836440982125.png

"The Jew" Meyer Lansky

"The kid has talent to write, give that man a raise or alteast a cookie for doin' great job. Title defence was rather easy, Vinny Tomato's manager dosen't know much about tactic, so it was rather easy to dominate him and he was able to feel how it is to getting jewed! I'm pumped for the fight against Frank Nicolosi. Finally I'm going to fight against someone with skills and decent manager who knows what tactics is about. But don't forget that I'm the champ and Frank is just waiting in a line to get jewed.

In the line, to get jewed, stands Juicy Jay and Mike Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday. I really want to shut his big mouth with my strikes and show him what does it mean to get jewed"

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13836440982125.png

"The Jew" Meyer Lansky

"The kid has talent to write, give that man a raise or alteast a cookie for doin' great job. Title defence was rather easy, Vinny Tomato's manager dosen't know much about tactic, so it was rather easy to dominate him and he was able to feel how it is to getting jewed! I'm pumped for the fight against Frank Nicolosi. Finally I'm going to fight against someone with skills and decent manager who knows what tactics is about. But don't forget that I'm the champ and Frank is just waiting in a line to get jewed.

In the line, to get jewed, stands Juicy Jay and Mike Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday. I really want to shut his big mouth with my strikes and show him what does it mean to get jewed"

The kid is well paid and doesn't need a raise maybe cookie tho hehehe.

About Mike Monday, im not sure whats his plan is, but he ask me for a training break and didnt accept his new contract but he said that he will be back. So lets hope that he is a man of his words and i would love to see The Jew and Monday inside the octagon fight for a title. I think it will be an exciting fight!

UNFC 11 - Preview

More UNFC with two belts on the line. Let's see what's coming up.

170 lbs

Aiden August vs Nick Diaz

Nick Diaz comes in with good hype in his MMA debut. A BJJ brown belt, he is also very decent standing up. August will look to spoil his MMA debut with his great boxing skills. A good fight coming up!

170 lbs

Ivan Buflienko vs Josh Levan

Josh Levan wants to rebound from his recent losses. Buflienko also wants to rebound against Levan, so I expect this to be a decent fight. I see Buflienko taking this.

145 lbs

Grayson Crakehall vs TwoBrooks OneLove

This looks like a non-competitive fight. Crakehall is a newcomer to MMA, wrestling based, fighting against OneLove, another wrestling based fighter but much more experience and striking ability. I could be wrong, but I see Onelove stoping the fight early.

155 lbs

Viktor Georlev vs Joe Silva

Georlev's chance in this fight is his BJJ. Silva is likely to take him down, and from there he will have to submit him to take this. Another one of these wrestler vs grappler match!

265 lbs

Roy Li-Taylor vs Bruce Sun Tzu

Two strong fighters ahead, ready to collide. Both can strike for sure, but let's see if one of them will try to drag this to the ground. A great fight ahead.

265 lbs

Onni Shinigami vs Toyoki Kawamura

Kawamura is in bad shape, he's been losing his last 4 fights. He is facing his kryptonite again, wrestling in Shinigami. I see Kawamura continuing his losing streak, but I could be wrong!

155 lbs

Regnhildur Haraldsson vs Thomas Prince

A great match-up ahead. 6-1, Haraldsson is facing 6-2 Prince. Haraldsson needs to find a way to keep the fight standing, while Prince wants to drag this fight to the ground.

170 lb Title Fight

Shintaro Nomo vs Andy Carroll

What a great title fight ahead! Nomo is still undefeated and kicking butts, but Caroll is hungry for that title shot. A KO specialist, he will have to find a way to avoid the ground game, where the more diversified champion can really do it all. This is a very close fight!

155 lb Title Fight

Hector Camacho vs Tournament Winner

Is Winner the one to take away Camacho's belt? Camacho just earned that belt in impressive fassion with a head kick KO. Two very gifted fighter, but Winner best chances will probably be on the floor. I see however Camacho keeping his belt.

Want to find out if I'm right? Tune in Saturday!