I do understand the predicament that NGF was in. GAMMA was in a very similar case back in the summer of 2013 with a large roster, poor wages and small profits. Very frustrating period to be in because the top end want bigger wages and unless you make the step from being a regional top level org to an International organization you end up losing money and talent.

yes that is around the time you came to me begging me to help you asking me for information that i because im a nice guy offered up...I saved your org then you tried to destroy mine!.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Remember how, for the past 4 years, org owners have been taking to the improvement section to slowly strip away all of the risk and pitfalls to running an org?

Not really then again i haven't been around for 4 years to be honest with you. As for taking a risk i can tell you the story of how 3 hour PPV's first came about.

Skinny Vince was the first org owner to run the big arena consistently while running PPV's at a profit. The risk involved in this was huge as no one knew what the fuck would happen. I sat at the ready with my own cash ready to bail out Vince if it backfired and left him deep in the negatives. He then started doing 2 hour ppvs and then 3 hour ppvs but it wasn't bringing in big bucks and was leaving him with a choice. One of those choices was to put all his eggs in one basket and run a huge event and see if that helps or go back to normal and run one hour PPV's. He decided to go all out in the one year in the life card and it paid off big time. It set the blue prints on how to create a successful 3 hour PPV and not too long after NFC and Blitz Rio at the time followed. Then we figured out ad manipulation in July time and by November/December orgs were hitting out with 1003 events quite easily. This has now been going on since then which was back in 2012; 2 years later and it is still the same with no changes.

yes that is around the time you came to me begging me to help you asking me for information that i because im a nice guy offered up...I saved your org then you tried to destroy mine!.

I destroyed yours? I did not destroy anything. I hope you are not referring to the case that i signed those couple of FAs again? I have lost over a dozen FAs when i merged orgs, however i never said they "destroyed my org". They were released and decided to sign elsewhere. Also i was asking a lot of top level org owners questions. You was one of around 15 such managers and most certainly you did not save my org. I do appreciate that you gave whatever details you had at the time though, so for that thanks a lot.

Also, in correlation to what Dinoo said. I think orgs ARE getting money too easy now at PPV levels. This does not mean that the amounts being earned should not be there for the taking. My opinion PPV earnings should not be simply decided on who has invested the most in ads, production and stadiums. I mean now you can have a fantastic roster and make mistakes with the financials and get fucked (NGF was in that place). I think earnings should not be just a financial formula. Currently if you get the financials correct and put in enough fighters on the card, you basically can earn loads. I think PPV ratings should be decided a lot more on the product the org is giving to its members and to a lesser extent the MMA tycoon community. I have been saying that for months (over 2 to be precise):

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41943

Currently orgs in this game, especially some of the top ones are not even bothering to post an article. It is all down to fight spamming and that is it. If you have an alliance backing you with talent (i think we know who these are), you can generate crap loads of cash spamming fights. That should not be the case, other factors should be involved as well (i posted a few in that topic).

I think the amounts being earned now, should still be available to those which provide the full package, those which simply spam fights should most certainly get a reduction. I think this reduction should start at the PPV level though, not earlier to not hit the mid level orgs. If these social factors start to kick in, you will also see these top level orgs pay much more attention to things such as reviews, posters, social management, forum interest etc. I would go to the extent that a major Tycoon orgs need to have their own site and interact with their fans. I know communities outside Tycoon which bring in players to the game through their groups internally (a good example is wrestling e-feds or sports sims such OOTP 2014).

I personally would love to see something like that implemented because i know i will be up to the task, where as a large majority of the rest will simply lack the time, effort and organization to pull this off. So they will slide down the ratings to where they should be. So yeah, i agree with Dinoo. Something needs to be done with the way events and orgs are ranked as well, the org business needs more challenges.